Oracle

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.8

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Recruited at college campus. Had one phone interview and then invited to a pre-interview dinner prior to a second interview. A few days later, I was Invited to go into the office for two 30 minute interviews with two different people. They asked behavioral questions and had to guide them through the resume. Very nice people.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions. Why sales? Why Oracle? When working in a group, was there a time when there was a uneven distribution of work? How did you fix this and what were the outcomes? What is a goal that you wanted to achieve but failed?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Meet a recruiter at campus career fair and we exchanged emails. We set up a phone conversation where he explained the position and answered my questions then set me up to talk to a Team Lead the next week. After speaking with the team lead I received an offer. Two phone interviews and a networking event.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about how this position would fit with my personally preferences.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle in July 2013.

Applied online and had an initial phone interview with someone in HR. She asked how much I knew about Oracle and expected me to know a lot of specifics, not just a general overview. Asked me to walk her through my resume. Realized this job was not for me and declined a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if I told you this interview was going badly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Applied online

Phone call from recruiter: Basic questions about background and why interested in Oracle

2 Phone interviews with Managers: Questions mainly focused on sales and why interested in sales. Asked about accomplishments and goals you set for yourself. Judged on answers and phone skills and sales knowledge. If you can sell to them you know sales you can sell that you deserve the job.

Interview Questions
    • What separates Oracle from it's competitors?   View Answer

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Was interviewed by Involver which got acquired by oracle. Had 2 45 min phone interviews. The first interviewer was expecting a short answer and the second interviewer wanted detailed answer . The questions were basic. Before the interview i was going through the involver interview questions. They asked the exact same questions in same order.

Interview Questions
    • 1.hash and array difference
      2.explain transaction
      3.get and post
      4.programming question : file with IP and timestamp, order by number of times the IP is listed.
      5.General website workflow.For example what happens when you go to google.com

4.how would you design to scale up an application
      5.maintainability
      6.extensibility
      7.lazy loading
      8.Indexing speed up the query. having multiple index in table?
      9.what is good comment

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2012.

Interviews
    1. HR recruiter
    2. Hiring Manager in another state
    3. Hiring Manager in another state
    4. Hiring Manager for the office I applied for

Before each interview I looked over my behavioral stories and reviewed the company's website. They always wanted to know what preparation steps I had taken and what I knew about Oracle. Mine was a fairly quick process because of hiring a group of college grads to start at the same time and I came into the applicant pool after the interviews started. I also stayed in touch with the HR recruiter to make sure I was moving through the process. They seem to like it when you reach out to them to show you want the job.

Also, review your resume because all of them seemed to focus on different areas of my resume when they asked questions (study abroad, scholarships, experience, and activities).

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in May 2012.

Absolutely ridiculous....had to do like 5-6 interviews on two separate occasions for two different roles. Both times said great interview and indicated I would be getting an offer but did not in the end. The recruiter was either over worked or didn't care and gave me wrong info to present on to panel.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you can do thins job better than everyone else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in December 2011.

I thought I did not get an interview because it took a while for them to respond. Turns out they were interested, it was just the end of a quarter. Once I got the first interview, it was about 3 weeks until the second, but after that things really took off. The next interview was with the RM who was really kind and easy to talk. The third was with the District Manager and the next morning I received the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you weren't the best at your job?   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

Had a series of interviews with progressively higher levels of management as well as with peers of these higher levels. Process took approximately 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected to be asked if I were a tree what type of tree would I prefer to be.   Answer Question
    Provided earnings statements from prior positions as Oracle will not offer compensation at a dramatically higher level than previous comp. Process was rather short.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in May 2010.

All day interview with 6-8 people. Everyone was very professional and friendly. I knew about half the team so there was little problem with any unfamiliarity.

Interview Questions
    • A key is broken on your laptop keyboard. How do you work around it until you can get a new keyboard?   View Answers (5)
    very little negotiation, Oracle doesn't really know what to do yet about sign-on bonuses or options, etc. for the hardware designers so don't expect anything.