Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – Meet a recruiter at campus career fair and we exchanged emails. We set up a phone conversation where he explained the position and answered my questions then set me up to talk to a Team Lead the next week. After speaking with the team lead I received an offer. Two phone interviews and a networking event.

Interview Question – Basic questions about how this position would fit with my personally preferences.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and had an initial phone interview with someone in HR. She asked how much I knew about Oracle and expected me to know a lot of specifics, not just a general overview. Asked me to walk her through my resume. Realized this job was not for me and declined a second interview.

Interview Question – What would you say if I told you this interview was going badly?   Answer Question

Strategic Account Executive Interview

Strategic Account Executive
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in May 2012.

Interview Details – Absolutely ridiculous....had to do like 5-6 interviews on two separate occasions for two different roles. Both times said great interview and indicated I would be getting an offer but did not in the end. The recruiter was either over worked or didn't care and gave me wrong info to present on to panel.

Interview Question – Why do you think you can do thins job better than everyone else?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online

Phone call from recruiter: Basic questions about background and why interested in Oracle

2 Phone interviews with Managers: Questions mainly focused on sales and why interested in sales. Asked about accomplishments and goals you set for yourself. Judged on answers and phone skills and sales knowledge. If you can sell to them you know sales you can sell that you deserve the job.

Interview Question – What separates Oracle from it's competitors?   View Answer

Software Developer II Interview

Software Developer II
Austin, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by Involver which got acquired by oracle. Had 2 45 min phone interviews. The first interviewer was expecting a short answer and the second interviewer wanted detailed answer . The questions were basic. Before the interview i was going through the involver interview questions. They asked the exact same questions in same order.

Interview Questions

• 1.hash and array difference
    2.explain transaction
    3.get and post
    4.programming question : file with IP and timestamp, order by number of times the IP is listed.
    5.General website workflow.For example what happens when you go to google.com
    4.how would you design to scale up an application
    5.maintainability
    6.extensibility
    7.lazy loading
    8.Indexing speed up the query. having multiple index in table?
    9.what is good comment
      Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interviews
1. HR recruiter
2. Hiring Manager in another state
3. Hiring Manager in another state
4. Hiring Manager for the office I applied for

Before each interview I looked over my behavioral stories and reviewed the company's website. They always wanted to know what preparation steps I had taken and what I knew about Oracle. Mine was a fairly quick process because of hiring a group of college grads to start at the same time and I came into the applicant pool after the interviews started. I also stayed in touch with the HR recruiter to make sure I was moving through the process. They seem to like it when you reach out to them to show you want the job.

Also, review your resume because all of them seemed to focus on different areas of my resume when they asked questions (study abroad, scholarships, experience, and activities).

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

Interview Details – Had a series of interviews with progressively higher levels of management as well as with peers of these higher levels. Process took approximately 2 months.

Interview Question – Unexpected to be asked if I were a tree what type of tree would I prefer to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Provided earnings statements from prior positions as Oracle will not offer compensation at a dramatically higher level than previous comp. Process was rather short.

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in December 2011.

Interview Details – I thought I did not get an interview because it took a while for them to respond. Turns out they were interested, it was just the end of a quarter. Once I got the first interview, it was about 3 weeks until the second, but after that things really took off. The next interview was with the RM who was really kind and easy to talk. The third was with the District Manager and the next morning I received the job offer.

Interview Question – What would you do if you weren't the best at your job?   View Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in May 2010.

Interview Details – All day interview with 6-8 people. Everyone was very professional and friendly. I knew about half the team so there was little problem with any unfamiliarity.

Interview Question – A key is broken on your laptop keyboard. How do you work around it until you can get a new keyboard?   View Answers (5)

Negotiation Details – very little negotiation, Oracle doesn't really know what to do yet about sign-on bonuses or options, etc. for the hardware designers so don't expect anything.

Director Interview

Director
Austin, TX

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2009.

Interview Details – The process consisted of several phone interviews. First with one internal recruiter followed by a second interview with another internal recruiter. The next round of phone interviews were with various members of the business group. 3 in total. This was followed by one day of in person interviews in Austin TX with an additional 4 individuals. The process itself was not out of the ordinary. For the most part the interviewers just went through my resume but didn’t really ask many probing questions.

Interview Question – Describe a tie when you had project that was over budget, over time and the client was very dissatisfied and what you did to correct the situation.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle interview questions and advice in Austin, TX. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.