Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2011.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview. It was ok. Not too difficult to pass. 1st round was a technical conducted by senior folks in the team. 2nd round was with a senior manager. Final round was with a director. After negotiation with the HR I got the offer.

Negotiation Details – I got what I asked.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Senior Sales Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Oracle in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring was done thru referral . The interview process is conducted in various stages, I had 3 rounds, some had 4 to 5 rounds, I had one technical and 2 managerial interviews. After that the offer letter was rolled out. It might take a while for the offer letter to be sent as it has to be approved from very high up in the US.

Interview Question – Interview was pretty cool, unexpected turn was when I was told to prepare a presentation and present it after the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiate well for the salary as, once in hikes are totally dependent on the company wide policy

Smts Interview

Smts
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I had applied on company database about an year back. HRs never bothered to call me but my manager was diligent enough to take pain to go through the system database herself and then personally called me for the opening.
The interview process begun with a through technical round, after 2 weeks there was another aptitude round lasting for about 2 hours - this round included about 12 puzzles and brain teasers, after about 3 weeks managerial round was conducted by my current manager which lasted for about 2 hours and questions were technical, conceptual and behavioral. I thought I have gone through but it seems it was just the tip of the iceberg.
Since, I fell under apparently high salary band for my experience and designation, I was required to go through an additional round with Director of the company. This round was easier than all of the rounds conducted before.
Now, when I have cleared all the rounds they happen to reckon that all of the rounds conducted till now were telephonic and it was also essential to conduct at least one f2f round. I was based out of Gurgaon and opening was for Bangalore so they asked me to visit their Noida office to get the interview conducted by some lady who was remotely working on similar technologies and was not in the same team or product even.

OK after clearing all these rounds with a pinch of salt, I thought it was finally over. HR called after about 3 weeks of the last interviews, gave me a salary figure which I agreed upon. They asked me to send over my pay slip in which they found that my salary had yearly bonus component which I was getting even more than 100% every year. They decided not to consider this component as my then current salary and reduced my offered package by 2 lac rupees. People normally negotiate over their offered salary and get a higher package but here I am who was negotiating just to get his initially offered salary back.

After negotiation with totally disinterested parties, they agreed on a figure and again went onto hibernation for THREE months before giving me a legally binding offer letter.

The whole process took around 8 months since my first interview to my joining date.

MORAL: Process is painstakingly slow and you got to have hell lot of patience

Interview Question – Puzzle round was the most difficult round in which one of the question asked was to "Find top three horses among 25 horses by conducting minimum number of races"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate much. Margin of negotiation cannot be more than 10%.
Fight tooth and nail for the initial offer as the yearly hike in best case scenario is not more than 5%, which is given to just 20% of the total employees

Very Easy Interview

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in August 2010.

Interview Details – Was hired via campus placement. Interview was easy.

Interview Question – Basic data structure questions and a couple of Java concepts   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – interview rounds :2

Interview Question – Non Engg hence you will not know coding. Coding is a requirement for everything in Oracle.   Answer Question

Order Management Analyst Interview

Order Management Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in December 2012.

Interview Details – Written test,
Group Discussion,
Final Interview with Manager

Interview Question – Give me few instances of your multitasking talent.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – First round of telephonic conversation, followed by extensive and in-depth face to face discussions.

Interview Question – Nothing as such unexpected. But was asked to create overall design/implementation details.   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Software Developer II
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Initially one or two telephonic rounds followed by f2f rounds. One round with Manager.
Questions mostly on work experience and the technology worked.

Interview Question – Why you are looking for change in a short time with your current employer?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Analyst Interview

Associate Technical Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview, one was the initial round taken by leads - all sorts of questions pertaining to my current role were asked. Next was the managerial round - they had given me brief idea of the work & interviewed me on the same. Last was the hr round

Interview Question – There werent any unexpected or difficult questions as such, but I was asked on the current list of tasks that I handled with my previous employer   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Senior Solutions Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed directly by Oracle, 4 rounds of interview were there. 2 Telephonic rounds where the level of questions was excellent. Some really tough scenarios were given and solutions were asked. inte4rview panel listened carefully and analysed each solution thoroughly. Second round was again telephonic but not very detailed. Third was a face 2 face and was really exhaustive. fourth as HR and merelya formality.

Interview Question – A question regarding the integration of various oracle products with FMW.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The Hr stuck to his budget which was more or less near to my expectations and it was not very pleasent experience.