Oracle

3.2

222 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

I was contacted by an HR personnel from recruiting to set up an interview. At first there was an online test which consisted of some MCQs mostly from Java and DB. After an week, an face to face interview was scheduled. To my surprise, it was actually a coding test where they'll give you a few problems and you have to choose one and write design and program. All the problems were fairly easy and I just had to basically waste a day for an hour of coding. Later I was contacted again and told that I cleared the programming test and now a f2f interview would be conducted.
    In the f2f round, first round was taken by a guy who probably had same or less experience than me. All standard questions and I answered them all. Next round was taken by an architect who asked many design related question and many problems to be solved using java. Again, I did very well. Next was the round with the manager who asked the usual question of why am I leaving my current company and what are my expectations from this new job etc. Then the final round with the Director who again asked my expectation. I told him that I already had an offer from a different company and they should try to match it. He said the best they could do is match 80% of the other offer and went on for over an hour to make me understand why Oracle is a better company to work for than others. It was very clear that they were very impressed by the interviews and the director almost urged me to join even if the offer couldn't be the one I was looking for. Later that day I was again contacted by the manager by phone and asked whether I'd join if they offer 80% of the other offer and I said yes. I sent out the required documents to the HR but never really heard from them till now which is 6 months from the f2f interview day.

Interview Questions
    • Design LRU cache using basic data structures   View Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

3 telephonic interviews, 1 written test, 2 face to face

Interview Questions
    • You should have good basics and approach to problem. That's what they check.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

There will be a online test, upon clearing that- will be attending 2/3 F2F techinical rounds.

i am sharing the questions that were asked to me .

hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core JAVA hibernate / Core

Interview Questions
    • can you find the fastest train from bangalore to chennai out of some list of trains?
       Interviewer asked to me choose any approach (hibernate /sql)

View Answer
    • Write a object onto file using serailization, Had to write the code.   View Answer
    • architecture of my application.
      6) lazy loading.
      7) which is the primary key in the below table - u prefer?
      Village no shop no
        100 1
        100 2
        101 1
        101 2

8) how do u declare composite key in hibernate?

8)what is the difference between interface /abstractio(when do u use them).
      9) which is more better approach (inf / abstrract)
      10)what are Design patterns u know ?
      11)String literal pool -

String A="R";
          A=A+"P";
      What happens to string "R"(first initialization) -

12)public jre / private jre.
      13)new features in 1.7 (only 1.7)
      14)concurrent package.
      15)Difference between ReEntrant lock and synchronized block.
      16)any issues in project? - how u handeled?
      17) how did u find which class has memory issue?
      18)Why Map interface ?
      19) sort Arralist od strings.
      20) equals and hashcode?
      21) comaparator's compare method does the comaprision on what objects? (ob1 and ob2???)
      22)difference between session.get() and session.load()
      23)Name the classes you have written in your project.

24) String A="ORACLE Financial Services"
              String B = "ORACLE";
      find B in String A?

25) customized Exception? - have you written any?

26) can a abstract class be final?

27) why /what /how multithreading ?

View Answer
    • how to run thread 1,thread 2, thread3 one after the other   View Answer
    • Proxy Object in Hibernate?   View Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

HR screening + 3 rounds of interview

Interview Questions
    They offered a bit less than what I asked for but I accepted the offer eventually

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

Initially a programming round was there. After that 2 technical rounds and 1 manager round was there.

Interview Questions
    • some questions from DS were asked which i dint prepare well.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

2 rounds technical and HR round

Order Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

There were four rounds:
    1. Written test to test mathematical test and general awareness
    2. Group Discussion on any current affair
    3. HR round. This is more of a discussion rather than interview. HR spoke about their company. What they do. Where they are heading. What is the process like.
    4. Operations Round

Interview Questions
    • 1. Where do you want to see yourself in 5 years.
      2. What is BRS (Bank Reconciliation statement)
      3. Journal Entries
      4.Your Participation in Co curricular activities at College.

Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

You get a call usually from HR. The hiring manager may call you directly especially in case of referrals. So be respectful during the first contact.

Interview Questions
    • Your registered users are increasing exponentially. How will you handle it. This was a question on scalability ten years back when clouds were only associated with rains   View Answer
    Not much. Infact I took a tiny pay cut since I was trying to get into product development

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle.

Had 3 rounds.aptitude,and 2 Managerial round.all rounds were easy.Just go with Self confidence

Interview Questions
    • how can you handle Stress,situation based question will be asked.   Answer Question

Partner Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

The interview process had a total of 5 rounds. The standard of questions posted by panelists were of very good standard. The communication and information about each process was very streamlined.
    Here are the 5 rounds:
    1) Telephonic HR Interview
    2) Telephonice Manager Intreview
    3) Panel Interview 1
    4) Panel Interview 2
    5) Presentation over process understanding
    6) HR discussion

Interview Questions
    The compensation was up to market standards, nothing much to negotiate. They have a fixed compensation range for all positions.