Oracle Interview Questions in Bangalore

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.1

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

I was called in the interview hall after waiting for almost 4 hours. Questions about the projects done were asked and also basic questions on OS, CN and C++ were asked.

Consulting Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

it consisted of 2 rounds, 1st technical and then hr. technical round mainly consisted of questions based on dbms and c language. the hr round was mostly personality check and your intrest level check

Software Developers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

For Software developers - Candidates with good academics and from reputed colleges. Prefer candidates from good reputed companies. Normally there will be a Telephonic technical interview followed by 3-4 rounds of technical in-person interviews followed by a managerial round.HR round is normally not done in Oracle. Once the candidate is selected, the approval process (for the offer to be approved) takes normally 8 -10 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Should be excellent in coding, algorithms, data structures, OS. Again this depends on the group for which your are applying.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

The interview was conducted over phone with mutiple rounds starting with the HR, then to the Hiring Manager, 2 person from the Higher Management as well as a Senior Sales rep from US interviewing. Each interviewer had mixed questions pertaining to understanding my technical acumen as well as my business and sales inclinations. With the exceptions of the HR, all had varied expectations in the way I looked at the business. Overall it was an interesting experience. Once they were sure of my profile, they made sure I understand my role and the hard work required to be successful in the portfolio given which later proved very useful as I could do my homework beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What is a database, how is Oracle as a DB better ? And How do we explain this in layman's terms and to a technical expertise ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR rounds were for informing me about the background information , documents and numbers required for checks. Also salary negotiations were also done by the hiring manager. I was looking to grow so accepted the offer as on initial terms without much negotiations. In comparison to other candidates who later told me had to wait several months to get recruited at that time in Oracle, I was comparatively fortunate to be hired within weeks of my first interview conducted.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Initially they will take people by Screening process(Aptitude) followed by two to three(maximum) Technical rounds finally one HR round. In our college around 300 peoples were attended. The selection process shall comprise of the following three stages: Stage 1: Aptitude test. Stage 2: Technical interview. Stage 3: Technical interview 2. Stage 4:Behavioral Interview The Aptitude test shall be an online multiple choice test and shall assess basic coding skills, basic computer knowledge & engineering aptitude skills. Each stage is an elimination round. Aptitude test. 1) 10 qns Quantitative (10Qns 10mins very easy). 2) Computer basics-study ADA. 3) flowcharts-it can answer there only. 4) quick table matching problem (10qns 10mins). 5) English short passage Qns. 6) Coding skill -40min 20qns (Based on Data structure concentrated on Trees and other concepts).

Interview Questions

• They asked Questions from Trees and Linked list,Even i answered in n2 complexity they expecting the solution for nlogn ,So that part is very Difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got an offer pay of 8.4 Lpa,If u want to settle soon and to soon became higher position in career growth.Oracle is the best company

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Multiple rounds, with very delayed response. There was nothing unexpected. They check whether you can sustain their work environment which is high pressure and high award. The HR takes their sweet time to repspond to your queries, probably because of their internal approvals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pritty exhaustive

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Consists of multiple technical interviews with no HR round. The technical interview was good. I had 3 rounds of technical interview wherein most of the questions were of technical nature, surprisingly Oracle does not have a HR interview as per their interview process.

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Senior Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

This was for a senior development manager position in Bangalore. There were about 8 rounds of interview. 4 rounds of interview with the peer managers and the team in the US and 4 rounds in Bangalore. The HR recruiter and hiring manager confirmed that I will be made an offer and was asked for salary slips and other details. There was silence for 2 weeks. I followed up and was told that the hiring manager in US was on vacation and offer is in process. Then the hiring manager in India called and told me that they cannot make the offer as they want someone to come on board in 2 weeks. The recruiter gave me some other story. If it was known that they wanted someone to come on board quickly, why go the interview process ? I had clearly mentioned that I have a 3 month notice period to the recruiter and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question. Most questions were related to my experience and based on development projects I worked on.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

First round was written test (questions from unix and sql queries) and all the passed candidate sent for second round, second round technical interview which took 1 hour for me but it depend on interviewer because there other interviewer who did not take more then 15-20 min for other candidates. third round was managerial round which last for 15 min and last one was IQ test which took hilarious time around 2 to 3 hours which made me upset.

Interview Questions

• Role and responsibilities in current project. overall simple and basic questions related to unix and SQL   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR. During the initial discussion they gathered basic information about my profile and also briefed me about the position and what actually they are looking for. After a few days first round of technical interview conducted. Basic to intermediate level questions asked about Oracle db architecture. All facets of Oracle products were touched. This was further followed by second level technical interview. This was quite intense and lengthy. Both rounds were telephonic and duration was more than an hour for each. Second round was to check depth of knowledge with few issue specific questions. Before third round few documents collected by HR. Third and fourth round taken through video conference. Third round was with hiring manager. In this round technical and behavioral qualities were assessed. Salary negotiation also took place in this round. Next was fourth round with the Sr.Director. Mostly behavioral questions. Verbal offer made after few hours. After 3 weeks soft copy of the offer letter released.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to know as much as possible for all technical terms used in resume or during interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations largely depend on last drawn salary. Asking salary should be justified rationally.