Oracle

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted via email 8 days later. I had a short phone interview with someone from HR 4 days later. I heard 9 days later that I had made it to the next round and then had a phone interview with two peers the next day. After my phone interview, I waited anxiously to hear back. After no word for two weeks, I emailed to follow up/inquire about my status. They said I was still being considered and that things were very busy. It's now been 40 days since my second-round interview and I have no information on my status. Why interview if you're not in need of filling a position?

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected really, just behavioral questions   Answer Question

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2008.

Interview Details – Easy interview process. Interviewed with a manager over the phone. And then about a week later I talked to the team I would be working with. Most of the questions were around who I am as a person and my thought processes. They were more interested in my capacity for learning and how I get along with others then what I already know.

Interview Question – Explain how you have personally fixed a business problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, internal move. All internal transfers at Oracle are lateral.

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2012.

Interview Details – Oracle contacted me both via phone and email in order to set up a phone interview. During that interview they asked about my academic and professional experience in order to gage whether they fit the responsibilities of the available position. After assessing that they did, I was invited to panel where many of the same questions were asked in front of the supervisors of the available position.

Interview Question – What is a time that you made a mistake and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They sent me a very fair offer and accepted. There was a tone that the offer was not open to negotiation.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2010.

Interview Details – I went through 8 interviews! Yes, 8, and they were all individual, so that means I had to set up 8 unique chunks of time out of my day over a 45 day period. Many times throughout the process, I was led on by the HR rep and hiring manager that I would be selected. Many of the interviewers were often late, which I have determined is usually reflective of the company. They delayed their decision 3 times and even did not show up for a phone interview on one occasion. The real kicker was when the recruiter called me late the night before the decision to ask if I would accept if they offered the position to me. That's like asking a girl if she would go on a date with you if you did ask. If she says no, you can save yourself the time, if she says yes, you know you have a fallback and can focus attention elsewhere. She even mentioned she would call me to discuss benefits the following day after the hiring manager "hopefully" had good news for me. She also told me I was right at the "Finish-line." After being unneccessarily led on, I had to follow up the next day, only to hear a no? What kept them from screening me out after say.....interview number 4? My time is valuable too ya know.......

Interview Question – Given the following data, how would you go about increasing sales?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – The interview process was quick and I got he results in a few days.
Interviewers were kind and giving a chance for the candidate to think and answer.
More than educational performance, they gave more importance to innovation and smart decisions

Interview Question – Process only makes peoples work monotonous? Is it good for a company to be process oriented?   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in January 2009.

Interview Details – Group discussion and personal interview followed by HR interview

Interview Question – Group discussion of different kind wherein everyone got chance to speak   Answer Question

Business Analyst
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview Details – First interview by phone and final one done in person

Negotiation Details – I accepted their first offer.

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview with someone from HR. After that, I had one interview with my current manager. They tested Excel skills, English skills, presentation skills and team collaboration. My impression was that they were looking more for an all-round good employee, and not necessarily with advanced knowledge in the field.

Interview Question – If someone would propose a change to a process that you do not trust but could improve the process, what is your approach?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was presented to me over the phone, and the question was: do you accept it or not. So I was not able to negotiate.

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was a group interview. We had to bring a presentation on a topic we enjoyed and present it. During the examination we were placed in groups to work and find a solution, we were asked several questions as well, and in the end we had an Excel test.

I'm amazed they had no sort of test regarding analytical/logical/mathematical skills.
Also i felt akward that some of the people called for this group interview, knew the people from the HR personally. You just don't do that in a competitive firm

Last but not least i was asked what wage i want, a totally unprofesional question during interviews.

Interview Question – What is the wage you are looking for ?   View Answer

Business Analyst
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communications done all through local HR. First interview was with a peer from Argentina and afterwards a interview with Oracle´s Senior Director for latin america.

Negotiation Details – First offer was accepted

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.