Oracle Business Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Asia, TX
Anonymous Employee in Asia, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2014.

Telephone and 1st interview. They didn't provide any results over 1 month after interview. In addition, they didn't mention the salary rage. It seems they don't think about applicant's status and how to feel about the company.

Interview Questions
  • They had flexible two positions and needed to choose suitable applicant as their position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Oracle.

Just had one HR round. The guy called me 20 minutes late. We start conversing and it goes well. In the end he asks me my base salary, then he asks me how many stocks i've been given and then he asks me what was the exact amount on my w2 in the last 2 years. When I said I can give that info if I get an offer and if it goes any further, he tells me he won't send my resume to the hiring manager until I provide him with that. Hence, I had to send him that info. He doesn't get back to me about the interview and when I email him to ask where it is at, he sends me a rejection. Very weird experience. Dint except this from oracle.

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Oracle.

Recruiter reached out after about a week, initial interview was fine -- recruiter was very helpful and courteous. It was more informative than anything, a few behavioral questions asked, but nothing very tricky. The second interview was cancelled due to weather conditions. A manager then abruptly canceled the rescheduled interview. The campus recruiter apologized and stated would get back to me regarding a new interview time. That was the last I ever heard from her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2008.

Easy interview process. Interviewed with a manager over the phone. And then about a week later I talked to the team I would be working with. Most of the questions were around who I am as a person and my thought processes. They were more interested in my capacity for learning and how I get along with others then what I already know.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you have personally fixed a business problem.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, internal move. All internal transfers at Oracle are lateral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2012.

Oracle contacted me both via phone and email in order to set up a phone interview. During that interview they asked about my academic and professional experience in order to gage whether they fit the responsibilities of the available position. After assessing that they did, I was invited to panel where many of the same questions were asked in front of the supervisors of the available position.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time that you made a mistake and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They sent me a very fair offer and accepted. There was a tone that the offer was not open to negotiation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2010.

I went through 8 interviews! Yes, 8, and they were all individual, so that means I had to set up 8 unique chunks of time out of my day over a 45 day period. Many times throughout the process, I was led on by the HR rep and hiring manager that I would be selected. Many of the interviewers were often late, which I have determined is usually reflective of the company. They delayed their decision 3 times and even did not show up for a phone interview on one occasion. The real kicker was when the recruiter called me late the night before the decision to ask if I would accept if they offered the position to me. That's like asking a girl if she would go on a date with you if you did ask. If she says no, you can save yourself the time, if she says yes, you know you have a fallback and can focus attention elsewhere. She even mentioned she would call me to discuss benefits the following day after the hiring manager "hopefully" had good news for me. She also told me I was right at the "Finish-line." After being unneccessarily led on, I had to follow up the next day, only to hear a no? What kept them from screening me out after say.....interview number 4? My time is valuable too ya know.......

Interview Questions
    • Given the following data, how would you go about increasing sales?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

The interview process was quick and I got he results in a few days.
    Interviewers were kind and giving a chance for the candidate to think and answer.
    More than educational performance, they gave more importance to innovation and smart decisions

Interview Questions
    • Process only makes peoples work monotonous? Is it good for a company to be process oriented?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in January 2009.

Group discussion and personal interview followed by HR interview

Interview Questions
    • Group discussion of different kind wherein everyone got chance to speak   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

First interview by phone and final one done in person

I accepted their first offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

I had an initial phone interview with someone from HR. After that, I had one interview with my current manager. They tested Excel skills, English skills, presentation skills and team collaboration. My impression was that they were looking more for an all-round good employee, and not necessarily with advanced knowledge in the field.

Interview Questions
    • If someone would propose a change to a process that you do not trust but could improve the process, what is your approach?   View Answer
    The offer was presented to me over the phone, and the question was: do you accept it or not. So I was not able to negotiate.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!