Oracle Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Mostly general questions on personality, work ethics, and professional competence in the field. Also a few direct simple questions YES/ No type about what the job entailed and whether to be comfortable with that and the work environment etc. Questions relating to prior employment experiences, including job roles and its application to the job advertised.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Just had one HR round. The guy called me 20 minutes late. We start conversing and it goes well. In the end he asks me my base salary, then he asks me how many stocks i've been given and then he asks me what was the exact amount on my w2 in the last 2 years. When I said I can give that info if I get an offer and if it goes any further, he tells me he won't send my resume to the hiring manager until I provide him with that. Hence, I had to send him that info. He doesn't get back to me about the interview and when I email him to ask where it is at, he sends me a rejection. Very weird experience. Dint except this from oracle.

Interview Questions

• Need your w2 information. In an HR interview? like seriously?!   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Asia, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Asia, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone and 1st interview. They didn't provide any results over 1 month after interview. In addition, they didn't mention the salary rage. It seems they don't think about applicant's status and how to feel about the company.

Interview Questions

• They had flexible two positions and needed to choose suitable applicant as their position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Recruiter reached out after about a week, initial interview was fine -- recruiter was very helpful and courteous. It was more informative than anything, a few behavioral questions asked, but nothing very tricky. The second interview was cancelled due to weather conditions. A manager then abruptly canceled the rescheduled interview. The campus recruiter apologized and stated would get back to me regarding a new interview time. That was the last I ever heard from her.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Oracle contacted me both via phone and email in order to set up a phone interview. During that interview they asked about my academic and professional experience in order to gage whether they fit the responsibilities of the available position. After assessing that they did, I was invited to panel where many of the same questions were asked in front of the supervisors of the available position.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you made a mistake and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They sent me a very fair offer and accepted. There was a tone that the offer was not open to negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

I went through 8 interviews! Yes, 8, and they were all individual, so that means I had to set up 8 unique chunks of time out of my day over a 45 day period. Many times throughout the process, I was led on by the HR rep and hiring manager that I would be selected. Many of the interviewers were often late, which I have determined is usually reflective of the company. They delayed their decision 3 times and even did not show up for a phone interview on one occasion. The real kicker was when the recruiter called me late the night before the decision to ask if I would accept if they offered the position to me. That's like asking a girl if she would go on a date with you if you did ask. If she says no, you can save yourself the time, if she says yes, you know you have a fallback and can focus attention elsewhere. She even mentioned she would call me to discuss benefits the following day after the hiring manager "hopefully" had good news for me. She also told me I was right at the "Finish-line." After being unneccessarily led on, I had to follow up the next day, only to hear a no? What kept them from screening me out after say.....interview number 4? My time is valuable too ya know.......

Interview Questions

• Given the following data, how would you go about increasing sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

Easy interview process. Interviewed with a manager over the phone. And then about a week later I talked to the team I would be working with. Most of the questions were around who I am as a person and my thought processes. They were more interested in my capacity for learning and how I get along with others then what I already know.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you have personally fixed a business problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, internal move. All internal transfers at Oracle are lateral.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

A written test followed up by a Group discussion along with Managerial interview and A lengthy HR 1:1 interview and preaparation is a must and should without u can land upto getting out from initial round

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in September 2014.

Interview

Got interviewed by telephone first, approximately one hour interview over the phone, we talked about my experience and my last employment, after the conversation ended the manager said she would get back to me in order to let me know the next step if applicable, after a few days recruiters contacted me and then setup the next interview which would be a face to face interview. About 7 days or so passed between the first interview and the setup of the next interview which would be face to face.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You only have 1 opportunity to negotiate, after you say yes there is no chance to re-negotiate later (in case you got another offers). The process is very slow.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

Interview

First phase was telephone interview to select most eligible candidates to advance to the second phase - a group interview. Emphasis placed on communication and attitude, collective interview with 2 individual exercises and one exercise (survival scenario) engaging all interview participants. This was followed by a face-to-face interview with the project manager. Overall, a relaxed but professional interview.