Oracle

Getting the Interview

30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university and received an offer for an interview on campus the following week. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and it was fairly behavioral. The recruiter had me walk him through my resume and he would stop and ask questions concerning each activity. He asked me a few difficult questions but I think it was just to see how I handled myself in certain situations since the role is primarily sales. I received a job offer on the spot and accepted a few weeks later. The internal process is kind of lengthy but it's understandable with such a large company with sensitive data.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything too unexpected or difficult. They want to see your competitive spirit and drive that aligns with the position and the mission of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my starting date as well as a relocation allocation.

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2012.

Interview Details – Long process with plenty of iterations. Met with Recruiter for phone screening -- then with current senior BD's for panel interview, then with hiring manager and finally a quick call with the regional VP. Strenuous timeline but understand their need to hire the best (and be sure).

Interview Question – All fairly standard. Actually enjoyed getting to speak with folks already in the role.   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university and was invited to a one-on-one interview with the senior director of business development on campus. He had me walk through my resume and explain what drew me to the (very diverse) internships I've had. He also asked about specific goals that I've set and reached as well as goals that I have not yet reached. We also touched on the classic "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type of question. The interviewer placed a big emphasis on how competitive the company/position are and how you must have a lot of drive to succeed in the position. He gave me a "homework" assignment that basically was what I'd write in a thank you note anyway, and I heard back within approx. a week.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything too unexpected. They really wanted concrete proof of drive/competitive spirit.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Usually a phone interview followed by a in-person visit. They will have you sit with a current employee so you can pick their brain, etc. They will call you shorty following the visit to let you know whether it was a yes or no.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   View Answer

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly intense although there were no in person interviews. Atleast for this position. All of the interviews were over the phone for about 30 min each. I went through 4 rounds of interviews before being offered the job.

Interview Question – After speaking about some of my school experiences I was asked what role i played in group projects. Basically if I played a part in the success of the project   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through a campus job fair. I had a call scheduled with the recruiter on the spot for the next week. Three days later, I had a phone call with a regional manager that went very poorly (so I thought) and was surprisingly scheduled for another interview the next day. I had a phone interview with the area manager/director and the next day he called and offered me a job.

Interview Question – Give examples of how you are competitive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All BDCs are paid the same base salary and bonus schedule. You will not get a raise until you are promoted out of the BDC role.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online

Phone call from recruiter: Basic questions about background and why interested in Oracle

2 Phone interviews with Managers: Questions mainly focused on sales and why interested in sales. Asked about accomplishments and goals you set for yourself. Judged on answers and phone skills and sales knowledge. If you can sell to them you know sales you can sell that you deserve the job.

Interview Question – What separates Oracle from it's competitors?   View Answer

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews, no offer.. kind of frustrating but a very competitive company

Interview Question – Latest goal you've set for yourself   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – The hiring process was multi-layered. I had an initial phone screening and because the job is heavily phone-based there are usually 2 phone interviews.

The interviewers asked traditional questions to understand familiarity in industry and career interests.

Interviewers have high expectations but are fair

Interview Question – How does your GPA reflect your professional abilities?   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening; 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – Questions were standard; academic performance, short and long term goals, interest in sales   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Business Development Consultant interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.