Oracle Business Development Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Recruiter interview, hiring manager interview, and then area manager interview (3 rounds). All over the phone. Simply want to know what you are getting yourself into. That it's telesales and outbound prospecting. They want to make sure you are good at Sales, and can handle more technical sales concepts. It's an entry point into Software Sales.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I came in for an interview on site after two phone screens. After meeting with a Sales Managers and having a normal and relaxed conversation, I was interviewed by the hiring manager and their superior. I was asked about acquisition strategy, implementation processes, and a bunch of other unrelated topics by the hiring manager. None of which related directly to an entry level salesperson fresh out of college.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us? (knock on the door) Oh wait, nevermind, there's someone coming in to use this conference room. It was nice meeting you.   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

The communication with my recruiter made this process efficient over the 2 month process. Initially there was a group interview information session at a local hotel where they provided appetizers. After that there was a phone interview, two separate on site interviews with two different managers as well as a final phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process took 5 weeks. Recruiter contacted me from LinkedIn, set up a phone call. Then had an interview with a Sales Manager, and then an in-person interview on my college campus. All of the people that I spoke to were really nice and great communicators about the position. The in-person interview was with a former BDC, so she knew some of the common questions and concerns about the position.

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Providence, RI) in February 2015.

Interview

It was over the phone and not very detailed. I was asked a few questions about my previous experience and also how I would talk to customers. I also discussed my previous jobs and how I was in marketing.

Interview Questions

• What would I say to someone who didnt want to talk to me   1 Answer

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I had an on-campus interview that took roughly 30-45 minutes, and was very straightforward. I explained that I'm interested in moving on to a sales role, and I tried to come off excited about sales. The hiring manager and I walked through my resume and she told me a lot about the position. Then, I had a phone interview about a week later that was also easy. Simple questions about my interests, what I'm looking for, etc. Finally, I had another on-campus interview with a former BDC, and we talked about the position, why I would be a good fit, etc. The next day, I got a phone call with a verbal offer. The written offer came about two weeks later. Straightforward process for me, and the recruiters do an excellent job making sure all your questions are answered. They got me in touch with other BDC's just so I could chat with them to get more perspective on the position. The hiring manager was also VERY helpful in getting me the location I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard in any of the interviews. Walk through resume, why you want Oracle, BDC, etc.   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in November 2014.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Five interviews altogether (four over the phone and one in-person), three of which were with managers. After I accepted the offer, they ran a VERY detailed background check. The interviewers appeared to have been given a good deal of freedom in constructing their interviews (e.g., some were friendly, others were impersonal, some were very talkative, others expected me to do most of the talking), so the process depended to a significant degree on compatibility between myself and my interviewer. Also, they mentioned a few times that they admired my GPA (3.62), so candidates with similar GPAs may be treated favorably compared to those without.

Interview Questions

• "Let's say I hire you today. It's your job to generate new business over the following two weeks. I'm not giving you any further instruction. You can use your computer and phone. How would you proceed?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

There were four behavioral interviews held over the phone. The first was with a recruiter and the following three were with regional managers in sales. Each of the managers was in a different line of business as far as products go but managed a similar number of the same type of employees. The interviews seemed to go better when the discussion became more personal and conversational rather than technical or sales skill oriented. There must not have been a standard set of questions given to the interviewers as all three RM interviews were fairly different.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Do you have experience cold calling? How many cold calls do you think you could make in a day? What does "enterprise solutions" mean to you? Why are you interested in sales? Why do you think customers choose Oracle?   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn, got an invite for a call within a week. The recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn and asked me to email her, I did. She asked me for a few time slots, and I provided her with them. She called me (7 minutes late) and explained the position to me. Then, she asked me to speak about myself and my experience. As I was about to tell her about myself, she cut me short by saying "I'm sorry I didn't realize you graduated a year ago. We're looking for someone with 2 years experience." I have 1 and 1/2 years of experience working full time and 1 and 1/2 continuous years of experience as an intern (working 30+ hours during the internship). She had my resume the whole time, contacted me on LinkedIn, and both places specified that I've graduated in 2013. How could she waste my time by not reading my profile or resume? Very disrespectful. I'm never applying to Oracle again.

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Was recruited out of college. Recruiter set up initial interview, then two more phone interviews and my final offer. Mostly asked about my leadership roles in college and professional background. No business case required, it was behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest area for opportunity and growth?   Answer Question