Oracle Business Development Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.9

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I came in for an interview on site after two phone screens. After meeting with a Sales Managers and having a normal and relaxed conversation, I was interviewed by the hiring manager and their superior. I was asked about acquisition strategy, implementation processes, and a bunch of other unrelated topics by the hiring manager. None of which related directly to an entry level salesperson fresh out of college.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us? (knock on the door) Oh wait, nevermind, there's someone coming in to use this conference room. It was nice meeting you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

The communication with my recruiter made this process efficient over the 2 month process. Initially there was a group interview information session at a local hotel where they provided appetizers. After that there was a phone interview, two separate on site interviews with two different managers as well as a final phone interview.

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I had an on-campus interview that took roughly 30-45 minutes, and was very straightforward. I explained that I'm interested in moving on to a sales role, and I tried to come off excited about sales. The hiring manager and I walked through my resume and she told me a lot about the position. Then, I had a phone interview about a week later that was also easy. Simple questions about my interests, what I'm looking for, etc. Finally, I had another on-campus interview with a former BDC, and we talked about the position, why I would be a good fit, etc. The next day, I got a phone call with a verbal offer. The written offer came about two weeks later. Straightforward process for me, and the recruiters do an excellent job making sure all your questions are answered. They got me in touch with other BDC's just so I could chat with them to get more perspective on the position. The hiring manager was also VERY helpful in getting me the location I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard in any of the interviews. Walk through resume, why you want Oracle, BDC, etc.   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in November 2014.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Five interviews altogether (four over the phone and one in-person), three of which were with managers. After I accepted the offer, they ran a VERY detailed background check. The interviewers appeared to have been given a good deal of freedom in constructing their interviews (e.g., some were friendly, others were impersonal, some were very talkative, others expected me to do most of the talking), so the process depended to a significant degree on compatibility between myself and my interviewer. Also, they mentioned a few times that they admired my GPA (3.62), so candidates with similar GPAs may be treated favorably compared to those without.

Interview Questions

• "Let's say I hire you today. It's your job to generate new business over the following two weeks. I'm not giving you any further instruction. You can use your computer and phone. How would you proceed?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn, got an invite for a call within a week. The recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn and asked me to email her, I did. She asked me for a few time slots, and I provided her with them. She called me (7 minutes late) and explained the position to me. Then, she asked me to speak about myself and my experience. As I was about to tell her about myself, she cut me short by saying "I'm sorry I didn't realize you graduated a year ago. We're looking for someone with 2 years experience." I have 1 and 1/2 years of experience working full time and 1 and 1/2 continuous years of experience as an intern (working 30+ hours during the internship). She had my resume the whole time, contacted me on LinkedIn, and both places specified that I've graduated in 2013. How could she waste my time by not reading my profile or resume? Very disrespectful. I'm never applying to Oracle again.

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Was recruited out of college. Recruiter set up initial interview, then two more phone interviews and my final offer. Mostly asked about my leadership roles in college and professional background. No business case required, it was behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest area for opportunity and growth?   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

Interview

The first call was with a recruiter, who told me to expect 5 calls. She asked general information about my background. The next call was the area manager and lasted about an hour. Fairly straight forward. I was offered the job on the next call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screeen by HR, spoke to another hiring manager to set up day long interview. One day 4 rounds of about 30 minutes a piece, and was interviewed by a team. Was offered a position one day after interviewing, but took 3 weeks to process before I was able to start.

Interview Questions

• Had to present a business memo for pursuing an industry   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation at this level 13 days vacation, unlimited sick days, this is a jump off point into any role within Oracle.

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Informational phone call, followed by an in-person interview with hiring manager and Q&A session with employee working in the role currently. Follow up phone interview with another hiring manager. Received verbal job offer the week following the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike about your current job, and how do you make the best of it?   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview- the phone interview was very basic. Nothing out of the ordinary. The recruiter gave me an overview of the Business Development Consultant and explained to me how it was essentially a sales role. After discussing the position, the recruiter asked me questions about my resume and related experience. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. The recruiter was not charismatic when discussing Oracle which was a real turn off.