Oracle Business Development Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.9

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

Was recruited out of college. Recruiter set up initial interview, then two more phone interviews and my final offer. Mostly asked about my leadership roles in college and professional background. No business case required, it was behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest area for opportunity and growth?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Initial phone screeen by HR, spoke to another hiring manager to set up day long interview. One day 4 rounds of about 30 minutes a piece, and was interviewed by a team. Was offered a position one day after interviewing, but took 3 weeks to process before I was able to start.

Interview Questions
    • Had to present a business memo for pursuing an industry   View Answer
    There is no negotiation at this level 13 days vacation, unlimited sick days, this is a jump off point into any role within Oracle.

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Informational phone call, followed by an in-person interview with hiring manager and Q&A session with employee working in the role currently. Follow up phone interview with another hiring manager. Received verbal job offer the week following the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you dislike about your current job, and how do you make the best of it?   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Phone interview- the phone interview was very basic. Nothing out of the ordinary. The recruiter gave me an overview of the Business Development Consultant and explained to me how it was essentially a sales role. After discussing the position, the recruiter asked me questions about my resume and related experience. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. The recruiter was not charismatic when discussing Oracle which was a real turn off.

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Usually a phone interview followed by a in-person visit. They will have you sit with a current employee so you can pick their brain, etc. They will call you shorty following the visit to let you know whether it was a yes or no.

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

I applied online through my university and was invited to a one-on-one interview with the senior director of business development on campus. He had me walk through my resume and explain what drew me to the (very diverse) internships I've had. He also asked about specific goals that I've set and reached as well as goals that I have not yet reached. We also touched on the classic "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type of question. The interviewer placed a big emphasis on how competitive the company/position are and how you must have a lot of drive to succeed in the position. He gave me a "homework" assignment that basically was what I'd write in a thank you note anyway, and I heard back within approx. a week.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything too unexpected. They really wanted concrete proof of drive/competitive spirit.   View Answer

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

I applied online through my university and received an offer for an interview on campus the following week. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and it was fairly behavioral. The recruiter had me walk him through my resume and he would stop and ask questions concerning each activity. He asked me a few difficult questions but I think it was just to see how I handled myself in certain situations since the role is primarily sales. I received a job offer on the spot and accepted a few weeks later. The internal process is kind of lengthy but it's understandable with such a large company with sensitive data.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything too unexpected or difficult. They want to see your competitive spirit and drive that aligns with the position and the mission of the company.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my starting date as well as a relocation allocation.

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Initial contact was very easy to set up as I was dealing directly with a recruiter. Contact thereafter was a bit patchy and really only led anywhere when I pressed the recruiter for details. The "HR questions" weren't too bad and all of the people I spoke with were very personable when I could get them on the phone. The process was smooth in transitioning from one phase to another.

Interview Questions
    • When I spoke with the regional manager, he asked me to make a small sales pitch for an item - which was surprising because he had just finished explaining to me that this was not a true sales role.   View Answer

Business Development Consultant Interview

The interview process is fairly intense although there were no in person interviews. Atleast for this position. All of the interviews were over the phone for about 30 min each. I went through 4 rounds of interviews before being offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • After speaking about some of my school experiences I was asked what role i played in group projects. Basically if I played a part in the success of the project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Applied online

Phone call from recruiter: Basic questions about background and why interested in Oracle

2 Phone interviews with Managers: Questions mainly focused on sales and why interested in sales. Asked about accomplishments and goals you set for yourself. Judged on answers and phone skills and sales knowledge. If you can sell to them you know sales you can sell that you deserve the job.

Interview Questions
    • What separates Oracle from it's competitors?   View Answer