Oracle Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Apr 19, 2015

3.1

CX Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Had 3 phone calls with many different hiring managers across the country. Finished the interview process with a Skype call that went very smoothly. Overall, a very fast, professional and easy going interview process

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with a regional manager about the position. He focused on my positive attributes (ex- no 'what is a weakness of yours' type questions). Lasted 20 minutes. Pretty relaxed and he talked more about the company and position.

Senior Sales Consultant EPM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Got cold called by a recruiter who set up a Phone interview with a hiring manager in the East Coast. Interview with Hiring Manager was more about her blowing her trumpet than focusing on the job and my background. I have not heard back and I am not definitely not interested in working with someone like her.

Interview Questions

• All questions pertaining to background and current work experience.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds meeting with the team and managers. Very thorough. Ask the department manager many questions to get a good feeling for the environment and co-worker happiness.

Had several review meetings with single individuals and managers to get a good grasp of the work and the environment.

Oracle Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

There were 3 phone interviews via phone in addition to the recruiter. The first two interviews were very technical. Plan on knowing a lot about different technologies and hardware. There was “white boarding” via webex. The 3rd call was a normal management interview.
    The hiring process took about 30 days, but it was well worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Very Technical across technologies and platforms. Be prepared to whiteboard   Answer Question

Negotiation

The process took a while.

Oracle Direct Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I knew the hiring manager so the process was much quicker. Just two formal interviews about my history in the tech sales industry. I met with the VP of Sales and direct hiring manager once each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated up to the maximum allowed for this position in the first year.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied against Oracle's ad on their Job Opportunities page. Got an email from the HR personnel and soon got a call from the hiring manager. It was very friendly and smooth call. Got a technical interview a week later. Luckily that was not very difficult either because my resume matched with the job description, pretty closely. I know they checked out on at least one of the references given. In about 2 weeks there was a call from the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Had to make my own arrangements for travel and that got reimbursed after relatively longer time than you would expect. Interview was mostly to check out communication skills and personality, I guess, because the manager was not really technical in the area. Took about 2 months for them to put together an offer, which seemed rather strange given the initial pace.

Interview Questions

• I did not experience any difficult or unexpected question because there was a good match, I guess.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was a bit better than I expected, so there was not much haggling - maybe asked low to start with, but was better than the numbers I researched and found out.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One phone interview and 3 in person

Interview Questions

• How would you make a hostile customer successful with no budget or direct reports   Answer Question

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter, filled out a questionnaire, interviewed with the hiring manager on the phone, interviewed with 3 different people on the phone, traveled to Chicago for an interview where I had 3 1-on-1 interviews and gave a presentation.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

1 Phone interview with the HR Rep

1 Phone interview with a Manager

1 In person interview with a Manager

1 Two-day: dinner, 3 individual interviews, and a panel presentation

From start to offer it took 5 months, be VERY patient.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself in a minute; basically give me your elevator pitch.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The base salary was pre-set.