Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Oracle Enterprise Architect Interview

Oracle Enterprise Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 phone interviews via phone in addition to the recruiter. The first two interviews were very technical. Plan on knowing a lot about different technologies and hardware. There was “white boarding” via webex. The 3rd call was a normal management interview.
The hiring process took about 30 days, but it was well worth the wait.

Interview Question – Very Technical across technologies and platforms. Be prepared to whiteboard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The process took a while.

Oracle Direct Sales Account Manager Interview

Oracle Direct Sales Account Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – I knew the hiring manager so the process was much quicker. Just two formal interviews about my history in the tech sales industry. I met with the VP of Sales and direct hiring manager once each.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated up to the maximum allowed for this position in the first year.

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds meeting with the team and managers. Very thorough. Ask the department manager many questions to get a good feeling for the environment and co-worker happiness.

Had several review meetings with single individuals and managers to get a good grasp of the work and the environment.

Interview Question – All standard interview questions   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a regional manager about the position. He focused on my positive attributes (ex- no 'what is a weakness of yours' type questions). Lasted 20 minutes. Pretty relaxed and he talked more about the company and position.

Interview Question – Why did I pick my university   Answer Question

Senior Sales Consultant EPM Interview

Senior Sales Consultant EPM
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

Interview Details – Got cold called by a recruiter who set up a Phone interview with a hiring manager in the East Coast. Interview with Hiring Manager was more about her blowing her trumpet than focusing on the job and my background. I have not heard back and I am not definitely not interested in working with someone like her.

Interview Question – All questions pertaining to background and current work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Senior Sales Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with recruiter, filled out a questionnaire, interviewed with the hiring manager on the phone, interviewed with 3 different people on the phone, traveled to Chicago for an interview where I had 3 1-on-1 interviews and gave a presentation.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Applied against Oracle's ad on their Job Opportunities page. Got an email from the HR personnel and soon got a call from the hiring manager. It was very friendly and smooth call. Got a technical interview a week later. Luckily that was not very difficult either because my resume matched with the job description, pretty closely. I know they checked out on at least one of the references given. In about 2 weeks there was a call from the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Had to make my own arrangements for travel and that got reimbursed after relatively longer time than you would expect. Interview was mostly to check out communication skills and personality, I guess, because the manager was not really technical in the area. Took about 2 months for them to put together an offer, which seemed rather strange given the initial pace.

Interview Question – I did not experience any difficult or unexpected question because there was a good match, I guess.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was a bit better than I expected, so there was not much haggling - maybe asked low to start with, but was better than the numbers I researched and found out.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – One phone interview and 3 in person

Interview Question – How would you make a hostile customer successful with no budget or direct reports   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1 Phone interview with the HR Rep

1 Phone interview with a Manager

1 In person interview with a Manager

1 Two-day: dinner, 3 individual interviews, and a panel presentation

From start to offer it took 5 months, be VERY patient.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself in a minute; basically give me your elevator pitch.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The base salary was pre-set.

Senior Instructor Interview

Senior Instructor
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in May 2008.

Interview Details – Basic HR interview took place on site, took about 2 hours, basic situation analysis type of questions. A Case-study review was done, but this was more to judge my responses. The environment was kept light and stress free, which added to the experience.

Interview Question – I was asked to provide a situation where I had to deal with a tough client / customer and how I approached the situation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation phase, I was given an offer and pretty much that was the end of it. They pointed, that was all they would offer and that's what is on the table. Given the economy and prior prep from former employees, I was prepared for it.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!