Oracle

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Very professional and quick process. I had 3 conference calls with various managers that were set up over 2 days. On the 3rd day I was told to fly to DC for a F2F with a couple other folks. Once that was done the HR team called me and said that they would be giving me an offer contingent to my background checks etc. That entire process lasted about 3 weeks and an offer was made.

Interview Question – None, they were basic situational questions about dealing with clients and what my reaction would be in the certain consulting situation. I was also asked about the oracle suites that I would implementing with respect to the product knowledge and also some differences with the competitors.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was fairly easy.

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – lots of short interviews with lots of technical folks

Interview Question – explain enterprise architecture   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – too far apart on salary

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – HR + Manager phone interview.
Did not take trip due to salary discussions.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions and talks about resume   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low pay

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2008.

Interview Details – Phone call first from HR
Technical screening from team
Onsite interview

Interview Questions

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2008.

Interview Details – First round interview had a case study at the beginning, and then the second interview was a dinner at night with the interviewers and other potential candidates on the first day then the second day it was one on one interviews with two different people. Interview times ranged from 8am-3pm

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a consultant   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in May 2008.

Interview Details – Had a previous offer and contacts, so i was not interviewed in detail. Had technical questions on my area of work, a few phone interviews from technical managers, and then a hr interview. i dont think mine was a typical interview since i had also worked with the hiring team before, so they were already ready to hire me.

Interview Question – What is your strength / weakness   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in March 2008.

Interview Details – I was already a contractor at Oracle when I was offered a full-time position, so no interview really took place. After agreeing on a number the hiring manager told me where to find the req on iRecruitement. Actually bringing me on board took a very long time, like 2-3 months. This reportedly is because Larry has to approve every offer (actually, I think the Office of the CEO, does -- I doubt Larry would have much time to yacht if he personally approved every offer!).

Interview Question – What salary are you looking for (as I said, no real interview took place as I was already a contractor at Oracle)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate hard for your salary as there will very small (or no) yearly increases. Bonuses based not so much on individual performance but on group performance (which you have little control of).

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

Interview Details – 2 rounds technical and HR round

Interview Question – equity valuation models?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in June 2010.

Interview Details – 4 interviews .. mainly on cpommunication

Interview Question – Dont remember any .. mostly straightforward   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Detailed knowledge about the market and the indepth knowledge about the banking details

Interview Question – Detailed knowledge about the market and the indepth knowledge about the banking details   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Consultant interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.