Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Denver, CO

I interviewed at Oracle in September 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was great. I was hired a long time ago but went through 3 Interviews. They asked pertinent questions for the job and then asked questions to see if I would fit with the company. I felt very comfortable with the interview. Overall, the process was pretty easy.

Interview Question – As always, they ask you what your failure are - or what your weakness are. This is a hard question to answer and you have to put that in a positive light. They also asked many questions dealing with the technical aspects of the job that required somewhat of a detailed explanation   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2009.

Interview Details – Recruitor found me off of LinkedIn. Initial phone screen with recruiter, couple of calls with hiring manager. Didn't have a face to face with ANYBODY from the company until I had worked there almost 2 years

Interview Question – don't recall anything asked outside of general skills knowledge   View Answer

Negotiation Details – told them my expected salary and that was exactly what they offered me. No negotiation. Suspect this is not the norm.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2009.

Interview Details – I met with the local hiring manager at the airport along with another employee which was unusual. The process went relatively quickly as I was referred by a current employee. I had expected to go to an initial training course for the module I was hired for but went straight to work onsite, hit the ground running.

Interview Question – One manager wanted to know every single version and release of every software application and module I had experience with. I found that very unusual and difficult to go back and get all of it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I provided the current salary I was making and giving 10% more, plus the opportunity to earn overtime which I was pleased with.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Senior Technical Support Engineer
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initial interview was upbeat and promising -- with my future boss, one of his manager peers, and with my boss's boss.

This division of Oracle support handles tech support for the ERP business software JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, which was acquired by Oracle in the PeopleSoft merger in 2004.

The corporate culture at JD Edwards has always been very agile, customer-focused, employee-supportive, and determined to provide outstanding customer support, and that corporate culture has continued on since its acquisition by Oracle, and the JD Edwards Support Organization gets high marks for customer satisfaction.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and to the point.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in November 2010.

Interview Details – Oracle hires very well and this is obvious during the interview process. I spoke with several different managers before doing two in-person interviews. The background check was really, really extensive. The company that does the check looks at the past 3 companies you worked at and you have to list your salary at each one. But overall, good, thorough process to vet only good candidates.

Interview Question – Describe how you would typically get a CxO to call you back...what kind of voicemail would you leave?   View Answer

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!