Oracle Interview Questions in Denver, CO

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

One 8 hour interview with individuals and teams totaling 13 people. Fairly standard industry questions, some light technical questions to ensure I could prove I was versed in linux, unix, windows, SAN & NAS systems. Some questions on pressure of deadlines, interacting with development. Standard questions on bug tracking tools & process. Not overly technical but not an easy interview either. Some people disinterested in interview, likely forced to do it. Others were quite well prepared and enjoyable to speak with.

Interview Questions
    It took over 4 months after my interview to vet me for an offer. I turned down other contract opportunities while waiting, but in hindsight that may have been a mistake.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

This was the most efficient interview process I've ever seen.

The HR phone screen was a standard 45 minute conversation with the recruiter. They made the decision to move forward within just a few hours.

The technical phone screen was with the Senior Engineer, hiring Manager and Manager's boss. Each had their own technical questions - the Senior engineer asked challenging technical questions about the Java language, the manager asked about schedules, project decisions, etc, and the Manager's boss asked about interpersonal skills and experiences. It was gruelling and I thought I had failed. They made the decision to move forward within 1 hour.

The on-site interview was most impressive: The hiring manager brought his entire team into a conference room and asked "Tell us about yourself". That allowed everyone to hear about me and we didn't need to go over my experience 6 times. Then all except 2 engineers left and they asked hard Java questions for a while, and then 2 others relieved them and asked more hard technical questions. Then the hiring manager came back and asked if I had any questions for him and then it was all over. Only 2 hours and they had a pretty good sense of what I could do. The downside was that I didn't get as much of a chance to learn about them as I would have liked. The best part? They made their decision and contacted me with an offer within two hours.

Interview Questions
    • Here's an obscure piece of code. What will be printed at line 27? (actually, I got this question several times, but thankfully they didn't use messed-up variable names). They also asked about infrequently used language features: "Transient", "Volatile", "Finalize", etc.   View Answer
    They offered me a lower, but competitive salary, so I decided not to try to improve that. I did request more vacation time (which they were able to accomodate) and I also asked that they more their offices closer to my house :-) (they declined, but did agree that I could work from home sometimes).

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in November 2010.

Oracle hires very well and this is obvious during the interview process. I spoke with several different managers before doing two in-person interviews. The background check was really, really extensive. The company that does the check looks at the past 3 companies you worked at and you have to list your salary at each one. But overall, good, thorough process to vet only good candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would typically get a CxO to call you back...what kind of voicemail would you leave?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2010.

Phone Interview. Then 2 day weekend location interview with 20+ applicants. Flew to Denver. One on one with managers. Technical interview. Group interview. Behavioral, personality, technical.xx xx xx xx xx

Interview Questions
    Salary, hiring bonus & relocation covered

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

interviewed at Oracle in September 2009.

The hiring process was great. I was hired a long time ago but went through 3 Interviews. They asked pertinent questions for the job and then asked questions to see if I would fit with the company. I felt very comfortable with the interview. Overall, the process was pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • As always, they ask you what your failure are - or what your weakness are. This is a hard question to answer and you have to put that in a positive light. They also asked many questions dealing with the technical aspects of the job that required somewhat of a detailed explanation   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2009.

Recruitor found me off of LinkedIn. Initial phone screen with recruiter, couple of calls with hiring manager. Didn't have a face to face with ANYBODY from the company until I had worked there almost 2 years

Interview Questions
    • don't recall anything asked outside of general skills knowledge   View Answer
    told them my expected salary and that was exactly what they offered me. No negotiation. Suspect this is not the norm.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2009.

Initial interview was upbeat and promising -- with my future boss, one of his manager peers, and with my boss's boss.

This division of Oracle support handles tech support for the ERP business software JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, which was acquired by Oracle in the PeopleSoft merger in 2004.

The corporate culture at JD Edwards has always been very agile, customer-focused, employee-supportive, and determined to provide outstanding customer support, and that corporate culture has continued on since its acquisition by Oracle, and the JD Edwards Support Organization gets high marks for customer satisfaction.

Quick and to the point.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in January 2009.

I met with the local hiring manager at the airport along with another employee which was unusual. The process went relatively quickly as I was referred by a current employee. I had expected to go to an initial training course for the module I was hired for but went straight to work onsite, hit the ground running.

Interview Questions
    • One manager wanted to know every single version and release of every software application and module I had experience with. I found that very unusual and difficult to go back and get all of it.   View Answer
    I provided the current salary I was making and giving 10% more, plus the opportunity to earn overtime which I was pleased with.