Oracle Director Interview Questions

2.2

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

very easy. all of it was done over the phone. They were very eager to hire someone into the role but didn't have it well thought out as to what exactly the person would be doing.

Interview Questions

• none, really, they just used it as an opportunity to rag on other companies   Answer Question

Negotiation

it took them one day to come up with an offer and two weeks to get it approved

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview

It started with the hiring manager asking me if I knew someone who might be able to do the skills that I actually had while at a conference. The problem was they actually didn't have the position available yet. It took them six months to open the rec. All of the interviews were over the phone (three) and all were with the hiring manager. I never had to talk to HR or anyone else.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a particular type of project (that he knew I had never done)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me for my salary requirements and after describing generally how comp worked at my current employer, the hiring manager asked me if it would be easier if he told me what there maximum salary was. Once I had that info, it was easy to layout my requirements in a way that didn't make me look greedy but also acknowledged that this was a step up. I was also able to negotiate a stock option grant at offer, since I was walking away from my current employer's stock program.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

cumborsome

not a funny guy

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews and like any large company a formal hiring process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very good, the offer was exactly what I expected

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle in August 2010.

Interview

Very easy. No unexpected questions, very straight forward. Nothing unexpected, reviewed background of position, how I matched up and what my contribution could be. Great exchange of ideas and work styles.

Interview Questions

• None. The process was very good. There were no negatives. Good conversation that flowed easily. Good give and take between myself and interviewer. Must say though, that HR does not need to be involved. Just process the paper.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Extremely simple

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Combination of strategic and technical issues, personality assessment and career interests

Interview Questions

• How do you fix ethical issues   1 Answer

Travel levels

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

They don't know how to interview. Asked very basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked to resolve a personality conflict between 2 employees.   1 Answer

Seem to be an awful company to work for.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

The process consisted of several phone interviews. First with one internal recruiter followed by a second interview with another internal recruiter. The next round of phone interviews were with various members of the business group. 3 in total. This was followed by one day of in person interviews in Austin TX with an additional 4 individuals. The process itself was not out of the ordinary. For the most part the interviewers just went through my resume but didn’t really ask many probing questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tie when you had project that was over budget, over time and the client was very dissatisfied and what you did to correct the situation.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oracle (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application via a Linkedin job posting, was in the top 10% that matched the skills compared to the rest of the lot. The recruiter contacted me and asked for a 15 minute chat, called 7 minutes late. While I was pretty curious to see what he will be able to squeeze into an 8 minute discussion, he said I was a very good match, the role reports to a US VP and he asked a single question, my current salary. When I politely declined to tell him and provided him with my salary expectation instead, he insisted to find out. As he couldn't, he tried to position the situation as if I was 'unable' to provide him with my remuneration details. I clarified as it was not an inability, but rather a 'preference'. He suggested there will be a face to face interview that I will receive the details for, but never received any further communication.

Interview Questions

• 'What's your current salary?'   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Hyderābād (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

I had a phone screen by HR and one other peer Director over the phone before they invited me for a 1:1.
    In the the 1:1, they asked me about my work till now and some HR type questions - whether i was willing to relocate from Bangalore to Hyderabad. They then scheduled a 2nd phone interview after the 1x1 and after the 2nd phone interview they called back to let me know that they had already filled the position