Oracle Director Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They talked about lower level positions than job posting. I asked what is the position that I am interviewing for and I was told they were trying to figure out which position I was best fit for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

very easy. all of it was done over the phone. They were very eager to hire someone into the role but didn't have it well thought out as to what exactly the person would be doing.

Interview Questions

• none, really, they just used it as an opportunity to rag on other companies   Answer Question

Negotiation

it took them one day to come up with an offer and two weeks to get it approved

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Interview

This was for an internal program to drive adoption of a new technology. Had 3 interviews with stake holders, all phone interviews. I spoke with the program lead, and 2 other internal managers who had been filling in until the opening could be filled. They provided more background, as well as asking me questions regarding how I would approach the role and meet the objectives.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions regarding my background and how it would apply to the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Couple of phone screen followed by a day long in person interview with various members of the team at HQ. The two phone screens were progressive mainly to wed out false positives. The in person interview covered CS concepts and domain specific knowledge broadly. Salary offered wasn't attractive and refused to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• How will you find the mid point of a linked list?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview

It started with the hiring manager asking me if I knew someone who might be able to do the skills that I actually had while at a conference. The problem was they actually didn't have the position available yet. It took them six months to open the rec. All of the interviews were over the phone (three) and all were with the hiring manager. I never had to talk to HR or anyone else.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a particular type of project (that he knew I had never done)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me for my salary requirements and after describing generally how comp worked at my current employer, the hiring manager asked me if it would be easier if he told me what there maximum salary was. Once I had that info, it was easy to layout my requirements in a way that didn't make me look greedy but also acknowledged that this was a step up. I was also able to negotiate a stock option grant at offer, since I was walking away from my current employer's stock program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

cumborsome

not a funny guy

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews and like any large company a formal hiring process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very good, the offer was exactly what I expected

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle in August 2010.

Interview

Very easy. No unexpected questions, very straight forward. Nothing unexpected, reviewed background of position, how I matched up and what my contribution could be. Great exchange of ideas and work styles.

Interview Questions

• None. The process was very good. There were no negatives. Good conversation that flowed easily. Good give and take between myself and interviewer. Must say though, that HR does not need to be involved. Just process the paper.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Extremely simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Combination of strategic and technical issues, personality assessment and career interests

Interview Questions

• How do you fix ethical issues   1 Answer

Travel levels

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

They don't know how to interview. Asked very basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked to resolve a personality conflict between 2 employees.   1 Answer

Seem to be an awful company to work for.