Oracle Director Interview Questions

2.3

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

cumborsome

not a funny guy

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Multiple interviews and like any large company a formal hiring process

Interview Questions
    very good, the offer was exactly what I expected

Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

It started with the hiring manager asking me if I knew someone who might be able to do the skills that I actually had while at a conference. The problem was they actually didn't have the position available yet. It took them six months to open the rec. All of the interviews were over the phone (three) and all were with the hiring manager. I never had to talk to HR or anyone else.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a particular type of project (that he knew I had never done)?   View Answer
    They asked me for my salary requirements and after describing generally how comp worked at my current employer, the hiring manager asked me if it would be easier if he told me what there maximum salary was. Once I had that info, it was easy to layout my requirements in a way that didn't make me look greedy but also acknowledged that this was a step up. I was also able to negotiate a stock option grant at offer, since I was walking away from my current employer's stock program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in March 2010.

Combination of strategic and technical issues, personality assessment and career interests

Travel levels

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in December 2009.

They don't know how to interview. Asked very basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to resolve a personality conflict between 2 employees.   View Answer

Seem to be an awful company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

I had two phone interviews with team members and then face to face breakfast interview with the Vice President for the group. No offer was made even though the interview was brief and pleasant. Basically, just listened to the VP talk about Exalogic and Exadata and how booming the business was for Oracle.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience with Sybase.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2009.

The process consisted of several phone interviews. First with one internal recruiter followed by a second interview with another internal recruiter. The next round of phone interviews were with various members of the business group. 3 in total. This was followed by one day of in person interviews in Austin TX with an additional 4 individuals. The process itself was not out of the ordinary. For the most part the interviewers just went through my resume but didn’t really ask many probing questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a tie when you had project that was over budget, over time and the client was very dissatisfied and what you did to correct the situation.   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

I submitted an application via a Linkedin job posting, was in the top 10% that matched the skills compared to the rest of the lot. The recruiter contacted me and asked for a 15 minute chat, called 7 minutes late. While I was pretty curious to see what he will be able to squeeze into an 8 minute discussion, he said I was a very good match, the role reports to a US VP and he asked a single question, my current salary. When I politely declined to tell him and provided him with my salary expectation instead, he insisted to find out. As he couldn't, he tried to position the situation as if I was 'unable' to provide him with my remuneration details. I clarified as it was not an inability, but rather a 'preference'. He suggested there will be a face to face interview that I will receive the details for, but never received any further communication.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2009.

Easy and as per generic work expectations. Not tough. 3 rounds. salry negotiations are bad and marginal imcrease.

Showed results

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

I had a phone screen by HR and one other peer Director over the phone before they invited me for a 1:1.
    In the the 1:1, they asked me about my work till now and some HR type questions - whether i was willing to relocate from Bangalore to Hyderabad. They then scheduled a 2nd phone interview after the 1x1 and after the 2nd phone interview they called back to let me know that they had already filled the position

Interview Questions

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!