Oracle

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews and like any large company a formal hiring process

Interview Question – nothing unexpected very professional   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very good, the offer was exactly what I expected

Director

I applied in-person and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – It started with the hiring manager asking me if I knew someone who might be able to do the skills that I actually had while at a conference. The problem was they actually didn't have the position available yet. It took them six months to open the rec. All of the interviews were over the phone (three) and all were with the hiring manager. I never had to talk to HR or anyone else.

Interview Question – How would I handle a particular type of project (that he knew I had never done)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked me for my salary requirements and after describing generally how comp worked at my current employer, the hiring manager asked me if it would be easier if he told me what there maximum salary was. Once I had that info, it was easy to layout my requirements in a way that didn't make me look greedy but also acknowledged that this was a step up. I was also able to negotiate a stock option grant at offer, since I was walking away from my current employer's stock program.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in March 2010.

Interview Details – Combination of strategic and technical issues, personality assessment and career interests

Interview Question – How do you fix ethical issues   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Travel levels

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in December 2009.

Interview Details – They don't know how to interview. Asked very basic questions.

Interview Question – Asked to resolve a personality conflict between 2 employees.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Seem to be an awful company to work for.

San Diego, CA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with team members and then face to face breakfast interview with the Vice President for the group. No offer was made even though the interview was brief and pleasant. Basically, just listened to the VP talk about Exalogic and Exadata and how booming the business was for Oracle.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience with Sybase.   View Answer

Austin, TX

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2009.

Interview Details – The process consisted of several phone interviews. First with one internal recruiter followed by a second interview with another internal recruiter. The next round of phone interviews were with various members of the business group. 3 in total. This was followed by one day of in person interviews in Austin TX with an additional 4 individuals. The process itself was not out of the ordinary. For the most part the interviewers just went through my resume but didn’t really ask many probing questions.

Interview Question – Describe a tie when you had project that was over budget, over time and the client was very dissatisfied and what you did to correct the situation.   View Answer

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2009.

Interview Details – Easy and as per generic work expectations. Not tough. 3 rounds. salry negotiations are bad and marginal imcrease.

Negotiation Details – Showed results

Very Easy Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen by HR and one other peer Director over the phone before they invited me for a 1:1.
In the the 1:1, they asked me about my work till now and some HR type questions - whether i was willing to relocate from Bangalore to Hyderabad. They then scheduled a 2nd phone interview after the 1x1 and after the 2nd phone interview they called back to let me know that they had already filled the position

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Director interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.