Oracle Engineering Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle Engineering Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed for the ASIC design verification position. Team is very professional and very nice. They ask questions with in the scope of your resume. They asked questions on System Verilog testbenchs, RVM and VMM methodologies, Functional coverage. Few logic design questions like finding a bit pattern in a given stream, FSM coding. Overall the interview process is very friendly.

Interview Question – Difference between MOSI and MOESI protocol, and what is Cache coherence?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle Engineering Group in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied from Oracle Careers website to this position.
First a recruiter from Oracle called me and told me that she has to ask some basic Unix Questions before even forwarding me to the hiring manager. She asked How do you list files in Unix, How do you change mode of a file, How to Processes running.
2 days from then I got an email from the hiring manager for a 1 hour phone interview. It went well, she asked basic questions like why i am interested in that position, basic unix commands,basics of testing and so on. She was ok with me and said she will ask one of the engineers to interview me.
2 days after that I got an email we scheduled a date to talk with the engineer. He was very nice. He asked me all sort of questions like How to test, black box testing, white box testing so on. Then he gave a case study and asked me to identify different test cases. I identifies like 10 of them. He said he really enjoyed intervieiwng me and spoke as if he is ready to see me onsite. But the next step was to complate a Porgramming assignment at home.
2 days after this the Hiring manager sent me an email stating she will send a programming assignment when I was ready and then she expects it back with in 4 hours. I chose a date and time and she promptly sent me the programming assignment. It was to write c code for a command line program that takes a list of files and copy them to destination directory foo [-h] [options] file1...file N dest_dir
And then check for various conditions like if the file list has a directory in it, then it should send a warning message and continue with the next file to copy to the dest_dir. If dest_dir already exists then just copy or else create dest_dir. If dest_dir is a file then error out.
I never used fstat,mkdir etc before. So it took me more than 4 hours. I sent them the intial version with the basic things implemented and took 2 more hours to complete the rest of the options.

But I did not get a call back. May be they did not like my code,I am not sure. But for this I installed vmware on my laptop and installed Ubuntu on it and spent 5 ot 8 hours for the assignment.

Well I enjoyed the process,the person who spoke to me was nice, it is always good to work with someone like that but anyway I did not get the offer.

I started writing this because I always refer to glassdoor before attempting any interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that your test script is correct?   View Answer
  • What Black box testing,White box testing,Stress testing,Performance testing.What is difference between stress and performance testing?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle Engineering Group in March 2009.

Interview Details – 1. resume screening and email contact
2. phone interviewing from the engineering manager for about 1 hour, mostly very general
    programming and problem solving questions
3. on-site 1:1 interviews with 4 different engineering team memebrs, totoally lasted about 3 hours.
   The questions differed from person to person, although quite some similiar coding and debugging
   problems focusing on java and c/c++.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – the job responsibility was not very challenging and interesting

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Redwood Est, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle Engineering Group in October 2009.

Interview Details – I got interviewed on the phone and was asked basic HR questions.

Then they sent me a list of groups that i could be working for. After that, i shortlisted some of hte groups that i was interested in and sent the list back.

Finally, my interview was scheduled with 5 groups of my choice

All groups interviewed me 1:1 for about 1 hour each. They asked good algorithmic questions and coding questions.

Standard questions awere also asked like:

Find if a string is a palindrome

Find the kth element in the array

Find circular linked list

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – they are not very open to negotiation

VLSI Design Engineer Interview

VLSI Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle Engineering Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – The person who interviewed me must be an engineer..He called and asked me an appropriate time to talk. Then he asked about basic VLSI questions- to design a logic design in transistors etc.
But later the questions were more into EMI problems which I was not familiar with.

Interview Question – What is Noise?   Answer Question

CAD Engineer Interview

CAD Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle Engineering Group in December 2009.

Interview Details – Series of interviewers for 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

Worked for Oracle Engineering Group? Contribute to the Community!