Oracle

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

I had one panel telephonic interview, followed by 2 written tests and 5 face to face technical interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2009.

Brutal. The initial interview steps (phone conversation with manager, tech screen on phone, in-person meeting with manager) was easy (too easy, imho), and offer step was fine, but then it took nearly a month to get final approval for the position (it has to be approved at every level of management, even up to Larry Ellison!).

Interview Questions
    • Simple tech screen: data structures, collections   View Answer
    Compensation offered was substantial. Don't be afraid to ask for additional PTO allowance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in July 2008.

Had a professional releationship with group before the position was open. Internal transfer

Some

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

First phonecall with HR is only to check your CV positions. If there is a match with a job you will be related to the hiring manager.

First face to face appointment was really easy more like an "I want you know" Chat. The second interview was even harder with "what would be if" questions.

2 weeks time

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

written, 3 rounds, no hr round, only technical rounds
    (Please do not ask me to write atleast 30 words on Hiring and Interview process, because it was easy as hell) No aptitude, no behavioral round, just the skill set, this shows they don't want people with other soft skills. Next time hire a god damn donkey.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

at first there was an online exam and the results were out after almost a month. the interview section consisted of a technical interview first,and those who cleared it were good to go through for the h.r interview. for me the tech was the best one i have ever had i was really having a good time and it lasted almost 40 minutes. i must say it was part tech n part hr. the last hr interview was however not so good, it was very short and the interviewer didn't seem to pay much attention to what i was saying. either way at the end of the day everything worked out and here i am :)

Interview Questions
    • you already have an offer at syntel,then why oracle???   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

Interview spanned for a period of 45 minutes. Apart from the basic question of introducing yourself, questions pertaining to the "reason for shifting towards IT" was mostly aimed at non CS students. Students were then tested on their skills mostly puzzles/logical. Basic algorithm questions were also asked regarding searching and sorting apart from the databases.

Interview Questions
    • How to normalize a database   View Answer
    • What is SDLC and describe the various stages in it?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

1st they conducted an online test.
    Then shortlisted candidates were interviewed 1:1 .
    then one more technical round and finally HR.

Interview Questions
    • WAP to reverse a linked list using recursion .   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

People from Oracle Server Technologies came to our University for the campus recruitment process.
    On day 1, we had a presentation regarding the details of the company and the various positions being offered.
    During the presentation, they also provided the details about the compensation and benefits.
    The first round, which was also on day 1, consisted of a written test which had three sections - aptitude, technical and coding.
    On day 2, we had two rounds of technical interviews and one HR interview after which the qualified candidates were hired.

Interview Questions
    • What would happen if the destination and source buffers overlap (overlapping address space) while using strcpy() function in C?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

I got a phone call from a recruiter who arranged an onsite interview a month later. The recruiter did not ask any questions but my background and interest. For the onsite interview, there are some behavioral questions. Most of the time, they introduce what the group is mainly doing. Some C/C++, operating systems, and brain teaser questions.