Oracle Engineering Interview Questions

2.8

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2009.

Brutal. The initial interview steps (phone conversation with manager, tech screen on phone, in-person meeting with manager) was easy (too easy, imho), and offer step was fine, but then it took nearly a month to get final approval for the position (it has to be approved at every level of management, even up to Larry Ellison!).

Interview Questions
  • Simple tech screen: data structures, collections   View Answer
Compensation offered was substantial. Don't be afraid to ask for additional PTO allowance.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

I had one panel telephonic interview, followed by 2 written tests and 5 face to face technical interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2008.

Had a professional releationship with group before the position was open. Internal transfer

Some

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berlin (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

First phonecall with HR is only to check your CV positions. If there is a match with a job you will be related to the hiring manager.

First face to face appointment was really easy more like an "I want you know" Chat. The second interview was even harder with "what would be if" questions.

2 weeks time

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

Strong Technical required

Engineering Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2010.

1:1 interview was conducted and offer given.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

Interview spanned for a period of 45 minutes. Apart from the basic question of introducing yourself, questions pertaining to the "reason for shifting towards IT" was mostly aimed at non CS students. Students were then tested on their skills mostly puzzles/logical. Basic algorithm questions were also asked regarding searching and sorting apart from the databases.

Interview Questions
    • How to normalize a database   View Answer
    • What is SDLC and describe the various stages in it?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in February 2010.

Was part of sun oracle merger. So no formal interview.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

at first there was an online exam and the results were out after almost a month. the interview section consisted of a technical interview first,and those who cleared it were good to go through for the h.r interview. for me the tech was the best one i have ever had i was really having a good time and it lasted almost 40 minutes. i must say it was part tech n part hr. the last hr interview was however not so good, it was very short and the interviewer didn't seem to pay much attention to what i was saying. either way at the end of the day everything worked out and here i am :)

Interview Questions
    • you already have an offer at syntel,then why oracle???   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

I got a phone call from a recruiter who arranged an onsite interview a month later. The recruiter did not ask any questions but my background and interest. For the onsite interview, there are some behavioral questions. Most of the time, they introduce what the group is mainly doing. Some C/C++, operating systems, and brain teaser questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!