Oracle

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2009.

Interview Details – Brutal. The initial interview steps (phone conversation with manager, tech screen on phone, in-person meeting with manager) was easy (too easy, imho), and offer step was fine, but then it took nearly a month to get final approval for the position (it has to be approved at every level of management, even up to Larry Ellison!).

Interview Question – Simple tech screen: data structures, collections   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Compensation offered was substantial. Don't be afraid to ask for additional PTO allowance.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had one panel telephonic interview, followed by 2 written tests and 5 face to face technical interviews.

Interview Question – how to find result of last executed command on linux   View Answers (3)

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2008.

Interview Details – Had a professional releationship with group before the position was open. Internal transfer

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Some

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Berlin (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – First phonecall with HR is only to check your CV positions. If there is a match with a job you will be related to the hiring manager.

First face to face appointment was really easy more like an "I want you know" Chat. The second interview was even harder with "what would be if" questions.

Interview Question – Just normal questions for interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks time

Pune (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

Interview Details – Strong Technical required

Interview Question – Explain XAI inbound and outbound   Answer Question

Engineering

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview was conducted and offer given.

Interview Question – The details of previous experience.   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview spanned for a period of 45 minutes. Apart from the basic question of introducing yourself, questions pertaining to the "reason for shifting towards IT" was mostly aimed at non CS students. Students were then tested on their skills mostly puzzles/logical. Basic algorithm questions were also asked regarding searching and sorting apart from the databases.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in February 2010.

Interview Details – Was part of sun oracle merger. So no formal interview.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

Interview Details – at first there was an online exam and the results were out after almost a month. the interview section consisted of a technical interview first,and those who cleared it were good to go through for the h.r interview. for me the tech was the best one i have ever had i was really having a good time and it lasted almost 40 minutes. i must say it was part tech n part hr. the last hr interview was however not so good, it was very short and the interviewer didn't seem to pay much attention to what i was saying. either way at the end of the day everything worked out and here i am :)

Interview Question – you already have an offer at syntel,then why oracle???   View Answer

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from a recruiter who arranged an onsite interview a month later. The recruiter did not ask any questions but my background and interest. For the onsite interview, there are some behavioral questions. Most of the time, they introduce what the group is mainly doing. Some C/C++, operating systems, and brain teaser questions.

Interview Question – What will happen if you accidentally do free() twice?   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!