Oracle Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2014

2.7

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

The campus recruiter distributed my resume to several hiring managers and within a week I got phone calls from several managers. They all basically told me about what their group does and learn about my technical background. Then if you show interest in their positions they will tell recruiter to arrange an onsite interview. During the onsite they didn't ask too much technical questions but just talked to you further by introducing their group and asking more details about your phd work and course work.

Interview Questions
  • Setup time hold time violation definition, solutions... How would two closely placed wires interfere each other.   View Answer
not too much space to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

One phone interview followed by one onsite interview. In the phone interview the manager basically asked me questions on the resume. One week later I got the onsite interview. There are 3 groups and each group has 4 interviewer. The questions are not hard. Such as setup time hold time, noise margin, power, etc.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

Email communication first, followed by a phone interview, ask 4 questionsfocusing on circuits.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Left my resume at the career fair from my college. Received an email from the recruiter a few days after that, with some time slots for a phone interview with the manager. The phone conversation with the manager consisted in some questions about some of my previous project, and then technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • When would you choose to use a latch over a flip--flop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Online application, got three phone interviews within two weeks. The calls are from different groups of their harware design team. The questions are not hard, mostly related to your projects. I remember there are logic design, layout, data structure and so on. No tricky questions overall, just some basic stuff.

phone interview, then onsite

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2012.

Give my resume to Oracle college recruiting team when they came to the university I attended. Then a phone interview. And onsite interviewed by several teams.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

Oracle college recruiting HR contacted me stating that I had been selected to explore employment opportunities with Oracle (I did my undergraduate in electrical engineering). I interviewed with several different groups on the phone and was flown out for an on-site interview with said groups. There were a few technical questions (transmission line/EM theory, fourier transforms, etc.) to see what I knew, but they mainly asked behavioral based questions/to explain my resume. It was basically to see if I was a match for what the groups were looking for; they already seemed to know I was competent, which was really refreshing. The building was fantastic, the people were very, very smart and friendly, there was free juice/soda/coffee/tea for all employees, and there were no cubicles - just offices! I got a formal offer for a hardware engineer position - board design - about one week later.

Interview Questions
    • On a PCB, what could contribute to signal loss while traveling down a transmission line?   Answer Question
    The offer exceeded my expectations, so I did not negotiate. Since the company is so large, there is little room to negotiate benefits, bonuses, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in December 2011.

Strange experience:
    1. Applied a researcher position through my university career center.
    2. One recruiter emailed me that I was approved by VP as a qualified candidate (I had no idea what it meant) and distributed my resume to hiring managers who are interested.
    3. One hiring manager contacted me for a phone interview regarding a hardware engineer position.
    4. Phone interview was short and easy. Then I was invited for an onsite interview.
    5. In the meanwhile, the recruiter initiated a background check for me (I had no idea why he initiated one so early).
    6. On-site interview was easy. Several one-on-one interviews with hiring manager, and other engineers in his team. They also gave me a lab and campus tour.
    7. After around a month, I was invited for a second on-site interview with higher management and other senior engineers.
    8. The hiring manager promised me to make a decision after one week. But after one month, he still didn't have an answer for me.
    8. The process took a long time. During the wait, I followed up with the hiring manager several times and he kept expressing his interests in me, but just can't give me an offer due to some internal issues that I don't really understand. I was left hanging in the wind for a long time and they still haven't made the decision yet. I don't wanna wait anymore and would treat it as a rejection and move on.
    9. I still don't receive the refund of my travel expense as of yet.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between brittle and elastic materials?   Answer Question
    • Write down heat transfer equations in different forms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2011.

I talked to the manager at the career fair and we found that my interests aligned with what his group does. I apparently stood out, because I got a follow up phone interview, where we talked more about what his group did and I elaborated on my resume. After that, there was an on-site interview that was mainly them trying to see if I was a good fit for the group or not - no real technical questions. Then came the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose we have a signal going across a board. As process technology shrinks, what problems do we run into with signal integrity? What are some ideas you have to combat this?   Answer Question