Oracle Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.8

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume during a career fair and got contacted after a month. The interview last for 45 minutes. The interviewer is very kind and she provided me with lots of valuable information. There are not many technical questions. She mainly asked about my resume and previous experiences. I am still waiting for their final decision.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

I Applied online. It's a one-month process. Got a technical phone interview from one manager. He asked which field that I'm interested in. I said both Digital and Analog Circuit Design. Then he went on to ask lots of technical questions. You have to know all the fundamentals for the interview both on Digital and Analog Circuit. The phone interview last for about 45 min.

Interview Questions

• 1. Setup/hold Time 2. What are the parameters that you need to know in a timing path? 3. When should you use synchronous/asynchronous clock? 4. What is leakage current? 5. What is DIBL? 6. Details about the projects that you've done.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

On phone screening and then an onsite interview. Multiple groups showed interest. Interviewed for 2 hours with each of them. Questions on Transistor characterisitcs, sizing, setup hold time and questions on resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The campus recruiter distributed my resume to several hiring managers and within a week I got phone calls from several managers. They all basically told me about what their group does and learn about my technical background. Then if you show interest in their positions they will tell recruiter to arrange an onsite interview. During the onsite they didn't ask too much technical questions but just talked to you further by introducing their group and asking more details about your phd work and course work.

Interview Questions

• Setup time hold time violation definition, solutions... How would two closely placed wires interfere each other.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not too much space to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

One phone interview followed by one onsite interview. In the phone interview the manager basically asked me questions on the resume. One week later I got the onsite interview. There are 3 groups and each group has 4 interviewer. The questions are not hard. Such as setup time hold time, noise margin, power, etc.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Email communication first, followed by a phone interview, ask 4 questionsfocusing on circuits.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview

Left my resume at the career fair from my college. Received an email from the recruiter a few days after that, with some time slots for a phone interview with the manager. The phone conversation with the manager consisted in some questions about some of my previous project, and then technical questions.

Interview Questions

• When would you choose to use a latch over a flip--flop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Online application, got three phone interviews within two weeks. The calls are from different groups of their harware design team. The questions are not hard, mostly related to your projects. I remember there are logic design, layout, data structure and so on. No tricky questions overall, just some basic stuff.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview, then onsite

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Give my resume to Oracle college recruiting team when they came to the university I attended. Then a phone interview. And onsite interviewed by several teams.