Oracle

Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

I submitted my resume during a career fair and got contacted after a month. The interview last for 45 minutes. The interviewer is very kind and she provided me with lots of valuable information. There are not many technical questions. She mainly asked about my resume and previous experiences. I am still waiting for their final decision.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

On phone screening and then an onsite interview. Multiple groups showed interest. Interviewed for 2 hours with each of them. Questions on Transistor characterisitcs, sizing, setup hold time and questions on resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

The campus recruiter distributed my resume to several hiring managers and within a week I got phone calls from several managers. They all basically told me about what their group does and learn about my technical background. Then if you show interest in their positions they will tell recruiter to arrange an onsite interview. During the onsite they didn't ask too much technical questions but just talked to you further by introducing their group and asking more details about your phd work and course work.

Interview Questions
    • Setup time hold time violation definition, solutions... How would two closely placed wires interfere each other.   View Answer
    not too much space to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

One phone interview followed by one onsite interview. In the phone interview the manager basically asked me questions on the resume. One week later I got the onsite interview. There are 3 groups and each group has 4 interviewer. The questions are not hard. Such as setup time hold time, noise margin, power, etc.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

Email communication first, followed by a phone interview, ask 4 questionsfocusing on circuits.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Left my resume at the career fair from my college. Received an email from the recruiter a few days after that, with some time slots for a phone interview with the manager. The phone conversation with the manager consisted in some questions about some of my previous project, and then technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • When would you choose to use a latch over a flip--flop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Online application, got three phone interviews within two weeks. The calls are from different groups of their harware design team. The questions are not hard, mostly related to your projects. I remember there are logic design, layout, data structure and so on. No tricky questions overall, just some basic stuff.

phone interview, then onsite

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2012.

Give my resume to Oracle college recruiting team when they came to the university I attended. Then a phone interview. And onsite interviewed by several teams.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

Oracle college recruiting HR contacted me stating that I had been selected to explore employment opportunities with Oracle (I did my undergraduate in electrical engineering). I interviewed with several different groups on the phone and was flown out for an on-site interview with said groups. There were a few technical questions (transmission line/EM theory, fourier transforms, etc.) to see what I knew, but they mainly asked behavioral based questions/to explain my resume. It was basically to see if I was a match for what the groups were looking for; they already seemed to know I was competent, which was really refreshing. The building was fantastic, the people were very, very smart and friendly, there was free juice/soda/coffee/tea for all employees, and there were no cubicles - just offices! I got a formal offer for a hardware engineer position - board design - about one week later.

Interview Questions
    • On a PCB, what could contribute to signal loss while traveling down a transmission line?   Answer Question
    The offer exceeded my expectations, so I did not negotiate. Since the company is so large, there is little room to negotiate benefits, bonuses, etc.