Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Total 5 rounds - written+3 technical+HR

Interview Question – All questions will be in scope of the work prformed. Mostly should be able to understand the testing procss and sound in domain knowledge. Be ready for testing your reasoning skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer (Software Developer II) Interview

Software Engineer (Software Developer II)
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR.Schedule F2F the following day.Got a call from HR. Schedule F2F the following day.Got a call from HR.
Schedule F2F the following dayGot a call from HR.
Schedule F2F the following day

Interview Question – They asked most of the questions on basics but in depth.1 Write a program to find 2 power n with minimum complexity 2. To find whether two strings are anagrams are not. The code should have high performance. Logic to get the 3rd highest sal and how it works   Answer Question

Principal Technical Writer Interview

Principal Technical Writer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Oracle in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process at oracle is very very lengthy. It could be anywhere between 3-6 months from when you submit your resume to when you actually get the offer letter.

Mostly, the hiring managers keep you informed about the developments - if any. In case you do not hear from them, please do not bother to call them. The hiring manager would call you if there is any development, else would not.

You must negotiate well about your position and salary. More importantly, the salary should be negotiated well. At Oracle, salary hikes and bonuses are hard to come by.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join oracle?   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in October 2010.

Interview Details – 2 technical and 2 managerial rounds
1. Count number of sessions created (HttpSessionListener)
2. Max salary of an employee from each department
3. What is Overloading/Overriding
4. How HashMap works
5. Thread Life Cycle
6. What is daemon thread, what is the use of it?
7. Difference between normal thread and daemon thread

Software QA Lead Interview

Software QA Lead
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – The interview process was properly planned - Good planning!
Interview panel comprised of 2 guys.

My interview tip for being selected by Oracle ( the DOs):

1. Should be honest - if you did wrong, say it, and say that you learned lessons from that.
2. Should be strong in Manual concepts (terminology) and should give real examples.
3. Should know the process (though it varies company to company).

Very routine manual questions:

Priority
Severity
Test plan
Test Strategy
Test techniques (ECP, BVA etc).
Low severity - High prioirity incidents
How to deal with resources who are too slow to work with.
If you created new concept, explain it. This always helpful.
Logic is also important

Interview Question – How to handle team members in different situations.   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 to 3 rounds of Interviews.. technical, functional and HR.
Over Phone , in Person
Low to Average difficulty. Reasonable. Hiring process was a tad slow. BG check applicable

Interview Question – OK to work in Shifts   View Answer

Applications Developer II Interview

Applications Developer II
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had series of phone interviews. Upto 5. Questions were related mostly to technology and surprisingly nothing on the projects I was involved in developing in my previous organization. Questions were in depth, trying to ascertain my knowledge of how and why things are performed in the way they are. Questions covered various topics from basics to design patterns

Interview Question – Question that need prolonged thinking was : How do you implement singleton pattern without using Private variable   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate on when I could join. It is better to negotiate pay during this phase only keeping in mind that pay hikes aren't great in this company

Software Development and Test Engineer Interview

Software Development and Test Engineer

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Got interview call directly from the HR team of Oracle Hyd, this was regarding an SDET (Java+Selenium) position with guys having 4+ years of experience.

Interviewer directly rolled into the process, it was a hot day and interview happened in their campus but in a non AC cabin and no water as well to ask for.

Questions:
JAVA:
1) Write a java program (using pen paper. no system, no eclipse IDE to help), to take an input from user and return whether its a well ordered number or not..
2) Write a java program to find the biggest palindrome of the string entered by the user.
Ex:: User input is ABABABAAAB
This string has following palindromes, ABA, BAB, BAAAB
Our program should return the biggest string of these i.e, BAAAB
3) Explain public static void main
4) Can a static variable be called from a non static method.
5) Explain system.out.println
6) Explain Packages with examples
7) Explain Libraries with examples
8) Is it necessary to have public in main method?
9) How to we execute some code before main method if we want to?

SELENIUM:
1) WebDriver architecture on paper.
2) Wait statements in webDriver
3) How to handle Window Alerts? (Not JS alerts on webpages)
4) What are capabilities in selenium and what parameters does it take.
5) How to use RC commands in WebDriver.

Interview Question – How to handle Window Alerts?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview Details – I am a campus hire. This was 5 stage process.
First stage was online written examination. It consisted of 4 different sections(English, Quant,Basic programming and advanced programming). Level of question was low to high..
But with a little reasoning these could be solved.
Next there were 3 rounds of technical interviews. Candidates were rejected after eah round of interview. Finally there was a hr round. Result was given within one hour.

Interview Question – Almost all the questions were new and related to design time. But they knew we are not experienced so were expecting algorithmic approach.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted to start my career in a company well established where i can stay for some time without any pressure and think about my future.

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013

Interview Question – Nothing. If you have collections experience. You can easily crack it. Though you will be bombarded with Lot of scenarios however since Oracle has lot of favoritism that goes on you might be selected within 15 mins or you might not be selected even after 2 rounds. So, it all depends on the Luck & the interviewer who takes you interview!!   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!