Oracle

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Inside Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in July 2013.

Interview Details – Process can be slow, with at least 5-6 interviews. Expect to work on a 30/60/90 day plan. some interviews will be face to face, others on the phone. Do your homework and hit the Oracle web site and read about recent acquisitions and the overall Oracle portfolio: from storage, servers, os, middleware, applications, ect.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here ?   View Answer

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Inside Sales Manager
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2008.

Interview Details – Two telephone and attended 1 out of 3 face-2-face interviews. First telephone interview was a breeze. Internal HR/Consultant screen. Second telephone interview was with a senior manager, again a breeze. First face to face interview was with a senior manager whose communication style was big picture which was incompatible with my own style. Questions asked were mundane, boring and ambiguous.

The interview skills of the hiring manager were lacking. I felt very disengaged throughout the short interview.

The hiring manager's competency based interview failed miserably due to the communication mismatch. It took only 10 minutes into the interview that I decided I didn't want to work for that person. I made that decision based on a question that was asked which I re-framed and volleyed back to the interviewer. This process only succeeded in winding the interviewer up whereas it should have engaged and demonstrated deeper inquiry into the role and make up of the ideal candidate. Which is good interview practice. I also demonstrated a deep research into the firm, Dublin operation and the hiring manager's professional Bio.

The hiring manager was accompanied in the interview with a spare part who didn't ask a single question. I disqualified myself during the interview and withdrew my application.

Interview Question – Please describe your management style?   View Answer

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!