Oracle

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at the career fair, had 2 over the phone interviews and then got the final offer. Entire process was pretty quick!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple. They recruited on my campus for the Oracle Sales Academy and I applied for a sales job through linkedin that was forwarded to the appropriate recruiter for my school. I had a phone interview for about 20 minutes and I was given an offer within a few weeks.
The recruiter wanted someone who had a backgrond in sports, some internship experience, very competitive but outgoing. This experience was fairly consistent with the rest of the reps I went through the training with.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Learned about the position through a mutual friend. I had two interviews.Both on phone. Still waiting for the final result. First interviewer was bubbly and helpful. Second one sounds just plain tired.

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Two interviews. One on college campus and other at the local branch.

Interview Question – Why sales?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial skype-phone screen which consisted of mainly experience related and work related questions. Some behavioral questions such as "What drives you to succeed?" were asked. After this phone screen I was forwarded on to a phone interview with a sales manager at one of the HUBs. Some technical questions were asked, but mainly again was behavioral and work experience focused. I believe they are really looking to see how much poise and control you have over a conversation, which is totally understandable based on what the job entails. All and all, it was a short, concise, and pleasant experience.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses? Believe me, if you aren't tuned up for this coming in...you can stumble or say something dumb. Besides, it is an introspective question that can be difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation for new grads isn't welcomed. I asked for a reasonable bump to cover the monthly expense of my student loans. They were not having it. However, I felt the base was fair and as long as I'm making a commission, I'll be just fine. Potential bonus commissions can be significant.

Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 3 lengthy interviews with Directors and a Vice President. Their was scenario based questions and a role play over the phone. The interviewer required standard interview question and answer and looked for the ability to perform a hard close. The process was intense and the questions were somewhat challenging. Focus on sales process and developing need. The hiring process was lengthy and took over 8 weeks from beginning to end

Interview Question – Scenario: You overheard me saying that I am in the market for a cell phone at a picnic over the weekend. Go in another office and call me. You will sell me a phone and then come back and I will be your manager and you need to report on how the call went.   View Answers (2)

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in November 2010.

Interview Details – Oracle hires very well and this is obvious during the interview process. I spoke with several different managers before doing two in-person interviews. The background check was really, really extensive. The company that does the check looks at the past 3 companies you worked at and you have to list your salary at each one. But overall, good, thorough process to vet only good candidates.

Interview Question – Describe how you would typically get a CxO to call you back...what kind of voicemail would you leave?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was not carried out by any of the people on the list sent. The questions had nothing to do with the huge amount of information given to me to prepare. I was asked to stay til 7.30 pm, a full hour & a half later than scheduled.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   View Answers (3)

Reason for Declining – I had a second face to face interview which I was late for. I told my recruiter in advance that I would be around 30 minutes late. She told me to go anyway & explain why I was late. I completed the hour long journey to the office. They turned me away at the door.I have 10 years experience at the top of my profession, an MBA & an Law Degree. Oracle treated me very disrespectfully. My wife has 23 years experience in Recruiting, including 4 years at Mckinsey. She has never turned any candidate away at the door (particulalry if She had already asked the candidate to appear at the Office 30 minutes before).

Redwood City, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in September 2009.

Interview Details – Round robin process. You speak to 3 to 4 people. After you are though they know if they want you or not. They ask various questions to see how smart you are. They hire bright people. They may ask you to make a pretend call and sell an item to someone.

Interview Questions

• Pretend to make a call into an enginner and sell him data base software.   View Answer
  • Would you like to go into management?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none. Salary and commission. Take it or leaveikt.

Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

Interview Details – This interview was for a Federal Sales Role.

It started with the usual phone interview. It went okay, but it wasn't the best experience I've had.

I then was scheduled along with 7 others to show up as a group. We were given a great, positive overview of the Oracle by a current person in the role we were interviewing for. That was very cool. Also a couple of the executuves were there as well and gave a couple of short, but good speeches.

We then were all split up and went to interview with 3 different hiring managers. The interviewers themselves were cordial, but very sterile, with the exception of one.

I hate to say this, but when our group was assembled in a conference room prior to the individual interviews, one of the female interviewers came in and said "Wow, we aren't going to win any EEOC awards today are we?" I was totally shocked. Yes, as it happened we were all white males. Of course, no one remarked about this comment, but I am sure none felt very good about it. Out of the 3 interviewers there was a white female, a black female, and a black male. I only say this in lieu of the comment the Oracle representative made to us all.

Again, the interviewers were very polite and respectful, but to my knowledge none of the group that day was hired.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Inside Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.