Oracle

2.7

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Employee referral. One day later had a phone interview, followed by a 3 person panel interview the following week with the managers. The next week I got a call saying they were putting me through the workflow - which means they are hiring you assuming all goes well with the process. Took 3-4 weeks total. Interview was a little intimidating with 3 people. Asked mostly why sales, why Oracle, what-if scenarios and experience-based questions. First job out of college.

Interview Questions
  • Give us a time you had to overcome a problem. Tell us a time you turned a "no" to a "yes"   Answer Question
Barely a negotiation phase. They told me what I would get before I even had the offer. I had no experience so I couldn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle.

Went through first wave of summer 2013 "Class Of" program. Interview process was a joke. Two phone calls, that was it. Whole process from first contact to offer was less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions at all. The recruiter was easy to talk to and said the same for me, and it was almost a foregone conclusion.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate salary, but was able to push back start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

First step in the process was an informal meeting at a college fair. Soon after was in touch with a recruiter for a phone interview and follow up in person interview. Overall process took about two months from first contact to through the door interview. Everyone I dealt with in HR and through the interview process was very nice.

Very long commute was a major issue, took an offer with a smaller growing company much closer to home.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Met the recruiter at the career fair, had 2 over the phone interviews and then got the final offer. Entire process was pretty quick!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Applied through USC and Interviewed through Skype. Recruiter looked disappointed with my face and answers, she ended the interview in 5 minutes and lied to me saying she would send my info to the hiring manager. I emailed her after a month of not hearing back. Never received a reply back. Definitely left a bad impression.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

The interview process was very simple. They recruited on my campus for the Oracle Sales Academy and I applied for a sales job through linkedin that was forwarded to the appropriate recruiter for my school. I had a phone interview for about 20 minutes and I was given an offer within a few weeks.
    The recruiter wanted someone who had a backgrond in sports, some internship experience, very competitive but outgoing. This experience was fairly consistent with the rest of the reps I went through the training with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Learned about the position through a mutual friend. I had two interviews.Both on phone. Still waiting for the final result. First interviewer was bubbly and helpful. Second one sounds just plain tired.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Two interviews. One on college campus and other at the local branch.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

I met the recruiter at the career fair and a few months later was contacted for a phone interview. After that I had once more phone interview and was offered the position in the next few weeks. The overall process was very easy and satisfying. Throughout my two interviews I focused on one project that I led and then on asking about their work-life balance.

Interview Questions
    • What was a challenge that arose while working on a project that you stepped up as the leader to overcome and how did that turn out?   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Had an initial skype-phone screen which consisted of mainly experience related and work related questions. Some behavioral questions such as "What drives you to succeed?" were asked. After this phone screen I was forwarded on to a phone interview with a sales manager at one of the HUBs. Some technical questions were asked, but mainly again was behavioral and work experience focused. I believe they are really looking to see how much poise and control you have over a conversation, which is totally understandable based on what the job entails. All and all, it was a short, concise, and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses? Believe me, if you aren't tuned up for this coming in...you can stumble or say something dumb. Besides, it is an introspective question that can be difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    Negotiation for new grads isn't welcomed. I asked for a reasonable bump to cover the monthly expense of my student loans. They were not having it. However, I felt the base was fair and as long as I'm making a commission, I'll be just fine. Potential bonus commissions can be significant.