Oracle

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through USC and Interviewed through Skype. Recruiter looked disappointed with my face and answers, she ended the interview in 5 minutes and lied to me saying she would send my info to the hiring manager. I emailed her after a month of not hearing back. Never received a reply back. Definitely left a bad impression.

Interview Question – What do you like to do in your freetime?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was very brief. They only recruited from select schools and expected the school's admissions process to do most of the work for them. I applied through my school website and was contacted to schedule an interview. After one interview, a background check and GPA review I was given an offer.

Interview Question – Why sales?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No options to negotiate.

Burlington, MA

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – First step in the process was an informal meeting at a college fair. Soon after was in touch with a recruiter for a phone interview and follow up in person interview. Overall process took about two months from first contact to through the door interview. Everyone I dealt with in HR and through the interview process was very nice.

Reason for Declining – Very long commute was a major issue, took an offer with a smaller growing company much closer to home.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at the career fair, had 2 over the phone interviews and then got the final offer. Entire process was pretty quick!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple. They recruited on my campus for the Oracle Sales Academy and I applied for a sales job through linkedin that was forwarded to the appropriate recruiter for my school. I had a phone interview for about 20 minutes and I was given an offer within a few weeks.
The recruiter wanted someone who had a backgrond in sports, some internship experience, very competitive but outgoing. This experience was fairly consistent with the rest of the reps I went through the training with.

Interview Question – How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Learned about the position through a mutual friend. I had two interviews.Both on phone. Still waiting for the final result. First interviewer was bubbly and helpful. Second one sounds just plain tired.

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Two interviews. One on college campus and other at the local branch.

Interview Question – Why sales?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial skype-phone screen which consisted of mainly experience related and work related questions. Some behavioral questions such as "What drives you to succeed?" were asked. After this phone screen I was forwarded on to a phone interview with a sales manager at one of the HUBs. Some technical questions were asked, but mainly again was behavioral and work experience focused. I believe they are really looking to see how much poise and control you have over a conversation, which is totally understandable based on what the job entails. All and all, it was a short, concise, and pleasant experience.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses? Believe me, if you aren't tuned up for this coming in...you can stumble or say something dumb. Besides, it is an introspective question that can be difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation for new grads isn't welcomed. I asked for a reasonable bump to cover the monthly expense of my student loans. They were not having it. However, I felt the base was fair and as long as I'm making a commission, I'll be just fine. Potential bonus commissions can be significant.

Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 3 lengthy interviews with Directors and a Vice President. Their was scenario based questions and a role play over the phone. The interviewer required standard interview question and answer and looked for the ability to perform a hard close. The process was intense and the questions were somewhat challenging. Focus on sales process and developing need. The hiring process was lengthy and took over 8 weeks from beginning to end

Interview Question – Scenario: You overheard me saying that I am in the market for a cell phone at a picnic over the weekend. Go in another office and call me. You will sell me a phone and then come back and I will be your manager and you need to report on how the call went.   View Answers (2)

Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in November 2010.

Interview Details – Oracle hires very well and this is obvious during the interview process. I spoke with several different managers before doing two in-person interviews. The background check was really, really extensive. The company that does the check looks at the past 3 companies you worked at and you have to list your salary at each one. But overall, good, thorough process to vet only good candidates.

Interview Question – Describe how you would typically get a CxO to call you back...what kind of voicemail would you leave?   View Answer

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!