Oracle Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

I had two phone interviews and an in-person interview. Everyone I met during the interview process was friendly and concerned with making sure that if I joined the team at Oracle it would be a right fit for me and for the company. It was a very professional and pleasant process.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

They asked basic questions on my background, and there is a simple interview with the managers. The difficulty really depends on the manager I would say. There really isn't a multi-level interview process for associate level sales roles.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of sales experience do you have?   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

I spoke with a campus recruiter. She was impressed with my resume, so she put me in contact with multiple people within the organization so that i can get a feel for the role and the company. Then I had a phone interview and received an offer within days.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

Very intense and multiple ones until you reach the hiring manager. The hiring manager seems to have the final word on the candidate. Was not confident that it was a democratic decision.

Interview Questions
    • How do you perform in a metrics orientated environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

Two phone interviews and an on-site interview that was very intense. Overall the hiring process was smooth and efficient, with interviewers helping to establish a friendly but professional dialogue with the interviewee. As I said before, the on-site at HQ was intense, but I came out of it feeling great and confident in my performance.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Phone Interview then in person at the office. Just basic behavioral and a lot of why do you want the job, what motivates you, what is a time you failed, what is your greatest success. Very predictable

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

I applied on-line and a recruiter called me within 30 minutes and interviewed me. I had another telephone interview with a sales manager and then came in to their Burlington, MA. offices for a face-to-face. Everyone I spoke with was very polite and professional. Two more telephone interviews followed that and I had a strong feeling that I was on the fast-track to a job offer. Lastly, I drove into Burlington again for 3 more half-hour interviews back-to-back with 1 or 2 department managers at each. Those interviewers had never seen my resume prior to meeting me and were not prepared very well. Also, I did not get the warm feeling I had experienced with my earlier interviews and was given very little time to ask questions. After 3 weeks of voice-mailing and emailing my recruiter after that, I realized that was the end of the road with Oracle. Very weird and not very professional. Seems to be the new normal unfortunately! I spoke with a friend who had worked for Oracle for 5 years previously and he told me that my experience was a window into what it's like to work for them. They are just so big that that is how they treat people, he said.

Interview Questions
    • Did you do any research on Oracle and its products prior to applying for the job?   View Answer
    • Why did you apply to Oracle?   View Answer
    • Can you articulate a sales cycle?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with solution selling?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have working in a team based selling environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

My first and second interviews with Oracle were over the phone. They recruiters, interviewers, and hiring managers want to make sure the interviewee is fluid and good at talking on the phone since a majority of the job is cold calling. Overall it was a good experience. The interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to, and didn't very difficult questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Employee referral. One day later had a phone interview, followed by a 3 person panel interview the following week with the managers. The next week I got a call saying they were putting me through the workflow - which means they are hiring you assuming all goes well with the process. Took 3-4 weeks total. Interview was a little intimidating with 3 people. Asked mostly why sales, why Oracle, what-if scenarios and experience-based questions. First job out of college.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a time you had to overcome a problem. Tell us a time you turned a "no" to a "yes"   Answer Question
    Barely a negotiation phase. They told me what I would get before I even had the offer. I had no experience so I couldn't negotiate.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle.

Went through first wave of summer 2013 "Class Of" program. Interview process was a joke. Two phone calls, that was it. Whole process from first contact to offer was less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions at all. The recruiter was easy to talk to and said the same for me, and it was almost a foregone conclusion.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate salary, but was able to push back start date.