Oracle

Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Had a friend forward my resume to someone on the marketing team, who then got back to me regarding potential internships. It was about a 2-3 month process from initial outreach to signing the contract. Had probably 5-7 phone interviews, nothing in person. Very friendly staff and extremely helpful answering any questions I had.

Interview Questions
I did not try to negotiate, so I am unsure of that process.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

4 interviews with international tax groups and transfer pricing groups. The interviews were more like chatting, based on my resume. They were super nice and the office building was gorgeous..

Timing issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

Interview offered after an academic visit to the company headquarter: during the visit, the contact of the company and the professor agreed on looking for an internship opportunities for some students, and in few hours we were given the chance of an interview. Two days later, the interview lasted 3 hours and consisted in several company employees asking the most diverse questions about CS and in particular about my work field and thesis, from general questions about my prior work to very detailed questions. Moreover, some interviewers checkedmy programming and designing skills by asking me to program with C language and to design a circuit that implements a memory.

Interview Questions
    • Which changes would you make to the CPU cache architecture to improve it? Would you be able to design a memory?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Contacted by recruiter after applying. Phone interview. Got rejected. Interview asked basic behavioral questions with some basic technical questions too. Nothing too unexpected. I didn't have all the required knowledge for the position. But other than that it is your typical phone interview. Not sure what comes next after that.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

I gave them my resume at a school career fair. Got a call from them a couple of weeks later by the nicest HR officer who gave me more details about the internship. Was told that they would make my resume available to the intern hosts who will contact me for an interview if they are interested in my skillset. I received interest from 2 groups and had a 1 hour long conversation with them that revolved mostly around my web development experience. They were not technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to describe what I did for some of the projects listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in July 2012.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and courtesy of the interview process. I was interviewed by three directors, all of whom had clearly read my resume and were well prepared. They each shared insights about work on the team and described the intern program in a fair amount of detail. They were friendly, forthright, and very willing to answer any questions that I had. A week later, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot say that any of the questions were unexpected or off the wall. One of the interviewers asked some technical questions that were relevant to the nature of the internship.   View Answer
    They were flexible about my school schedule, which I greatly appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Basic phone interview with behavioral questions that just attempted to get to know the candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in April 2011.

I spoke to a representative at a career fair hosted by my university, submitted my application online. I received a phone call to set up a phone interview about a month later. The phone interview consisted of behavioral questions (make sure you take notes, they tested me to see if i was listening). Then a 1:1 interview followed where they assessed my fit to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Strengths/Weaknesses among other behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation thus far, I have just accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in January 2010.

2 phone interviews: Hiring Manager and VP of the division
    1:1 Interview with colleague of hiring manager.

Phone interviews were informal and were more conversational and going through my resume and skillsets. No cases and no tests. The interviewers were extremely friendly and even though I was nervous because I was speaking to such accomplished individuals, they were polite and asked questions in a get-to-know-you fashion. I was verbally offered a position after teh 3rd interview and received a written offer about 4 weeks later. It seems long but they had already prepared me for the wait and we kept in close contact throughout the 4 weeks so I felt comfortable and confident that they would not reneg on the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you find most difficult in Project Management?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase for several reasons:
    1. I didn't feel I was in a position to negotiate in this economy and I had no other offers from other companies.
    2. I was more than satisfied with the compensation package offered.
    3. It's an internship to hire position. If I want to negotiate, I would negotiate when I get offered the full-time position, and not for the internship.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in September 2013.

My university contacted me to apply through Oracle's internal HR.

After this, there was a scheduled informal phone interview.

A formal interview was conducted a week after with one of the senior directors.

Conclusively, there was a face-to-face interview with the senior director and one of their team members.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected, just generalised questions about myself and why I wanted to work for oracle   Answer Question