Oracle Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Pretty easy interview but no response from them. Interview went very well. I did a followup but no reply. Quite a friendly interview process. The hiring manager made me feel very comfortable. But I was hoping to get a yes or no as a response.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Intern Interview

Interview

Had a friend forward my resume to someone on the marketing team, who then got back to me regarding potential internships. It was about a 2-3 month process from initial outreach to signing the contract. Had probably 5-7 phone interviews, nothing in person. Very friendly staff and extremely helpful answering any questions I had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate, so I am unsure of that process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

4 interviews with international tax groups and transfer pricing groups. The interviews were more like chatting, based on my resume. They were super nice and the office building was gorgeous..

Timing issue.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview offered after an academic visit to the company headquarter: during the visit, the contact of the company and the professor agreed on looking for an internship opportunities for some students, and in few hours we were given the chance of an interview. Two days later, the interview lasted 3 hours and consisted in several company employees asking the most diverse questions about CS and in particular about my work field and thesis, from general questions about my prior work to very detailed questions. Moreover, some interviewers checkedmy programming and designing skills by asking me to program with C language and to design a circuit that implements a memory.

Interview Questions

• Which changes would you make to the CPU cache architecture to improve it? Would you be able to design a memory?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter after applying. Phone interview. Got rejected. Interview asked basic behavioral questions with some basic technical questions too. Nothing too unexpected. I didn't have all the required knowledge for the position. But other than that it is your typical phone interview. Not sure what comes next after that.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I gave them my resume at a school career fair. Got a call from them a couple of weeks later by the nicest HR officer who gave me more details about the internship. Was told that they would make my resume available to the intern hosts who will contact me for an interview if they are interested in my skillset. I received interest from 2 groups and had a 1 hour long conversation with them that revolved mostly around my web development experience. They were not technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe what I did for some of the projects listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and courtesy of the interview process. I was interviewed by three directors, all of whom had clearly read my resume and were well prepared. They each shared insights about work on the team and described the intern program in a fair amount of detail. They were friendly, forthright, and very willing to answer any questions that I had. A week later, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• I cannot say that any of the questions were unexpected or off the wall. One of the interviewers asked some technical questions that were relevant to the nature of the internship.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were flexible about my school schedule, which I greatly appreciated.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Fort Wayne, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

Basic phone interview with behavioral questions that just attempted to get to know the candidate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I spoke to a representative at a career fair hosted by my university, submitted my application online. I received a phone call to set up a phone interview about a month later. The phone interview consisted of behavioral questions (make sure you take notes, they tested me to see if i was listening). Then a 1:1 interview followed where they assessed my fit to be apart of the team.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses among other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation thus far, I have just accepted the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle (Irvine, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews: Hiring Manager and VP of the division
    1:1 Interview with colleague of hiring manager.

Phone interviews were informal and were more conversational and going through my resume and skillsets. No cases and no tests. The interviewers were extremely friendly and even though I was nervous because I was speaking to such accomplished individuals, they were polite and asked questions in a get-to-know-you fashion. I was verbally offered a position after teh 3rd interview and received a written offer about 4 weeks later. It seems long but they had already prepared me for the wait and we kept in close contact throughout the 4 weeks so I felt comfortable and confident that they would not reneg on the offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you find most difficult in Project Management?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for several reasons:
    1. I didn't feel I was in a position to negotiate in this economy and I had no other offers from other companies.
    2. I was more than satisfied with the compensation package offered.
    3. It's an internship to hire position. If I want to negotiate, I would negotiate when I get offered the full-time position, and not for the internship.