Oracle

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter after applying. Phone interview. Got rejected. Interview asked basic behavioral questions with some basic technical questions too. Nothing too unexpected. I didn't have all the required knowledge for the position. But other than that it is your typical phone interview. Not sure what comes next after that.

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I gave them my resume at a school career fair. Got a call from them a couple of weeks later by the nicest HR officer who gave me more details about the internship. Was told that they would make my resume available to the intern hosts who will contact me for an interview if they are interested in my skillset. I received interest from 2 groups and had a 1 hour long conversation with them that revolved mostly around my web development experience. They were not technical interviews.

Interview Question – They asked me to describe what I did for some of the projects listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and courtesy of the interview process. I was interviewed by three directors, all of whom had clearly read my resume and were well prepared. They each shared insights about work on the team and described the intern program in a fair amount of detail. They were friendly, forthright, and very willing to answer any questions that I had. A week later, I received an offer.

Interview Question – I cannot say that any of the questions were unexpected or off the wall. One of the interviewers asked some technical questions that were relevant to the nature of the internship.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were flexible about my school schedule, which I greatly appreciated.

Fort Wayne, IN

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Interview Details – Basic phone interview with behavioral questions that just attempted to get to know the candidate.

Interview Question – What's your name?   Answer Question

Rocklin, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2011.

Interview Details – I spoke to a representative at a career fair hosted by my university, submitted my application online. I received a phone call to set up a phone interview about a month later. The phone interview consisted of behavioral questions (make sure you take notes, they tested me to see if i was listening). Then a 1:1 interview followed where they assessed my fit to be apart of the team.

Interview Question – Strengths/Weaknesses among other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation thus far, I have just accepted the offer.

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews: Hiring Manager and VP of the division
1:1 Interview with colleague of hiring manager.

Phone interviews were informal and were more conversational and going through my resume and skillsets. No cases and no tests. The interviewers were extremely friendly and even though I was nervous because I was speaking to such accomplished individuals, they were polite and asked questions in a get-to-know-you fashion. I was verbally offered a position after teh 3rd interview and received a written offer about 4 weeks later. It seems long but they had already prepared me for the wait and we kept in close contact throughout the 4 weeks so I felt comfortable and confident that they would not reneg on the offer.

Interview Question – What do you find most difficult in Project Management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase for several reasons:
1. I didn't feel I was in a position to negotiate in this economy and I had no other offers from other companies.
2. I was more than satisfied with the compensation package offered.
3. It's an internship to hire position. If I want to negotiate, I would negotiate when I get offered the full-time position, and not for the internship.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2013.

Interview Details – My university contacted me to apply through Oracle's internal HR.

After this, there was a scheduled informal phone interview.

A formal interview was conducted a week after with one of the senior directors.

Conclusively, there was a face-to-face interview with the senior director and one of their team members.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected, just generalised questions about myself and why I wanted to work for oracle   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in November 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process comprised of 4 rounds
-First Round was a online test for 4 hours which comprised of Reasoning,Core java.
-Second Round was Group Discussion.
-Third Round was technical Round which was taken for 2 hours.
  Had presentation during the third round
Fourth Round was again technical interview which was taken for 1 hour.

Interview Question – How you implement a firewall on network?   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in April 2012.

Interview Details – We had the PPT initially put.
Later on they shortlisted based on CGPA and resumes.
We had 1:1 interview and HR interview.
Interview was kind of technical.

Interview Question – What is the difference between XML and JSON   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in April 2008.

Interview Details – I was recommended by an employee, which made the whole process much easier and shorter. I first did an interview over the phone, and then I visited the offices to do a 1:1 interview. The interview process was very good since they were happy to tell me exactly what the work would be, showed me the place, meet the team, etc... I judged if I would like the job and they judged if they would like me to do it. Very dual-sided.

Interview Question – Technical questions about operating system design and programming. How does a scheduler work, memory management, or talk through some algorithms.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No space for negotiation in intern positions.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!