Oracle

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015
1,450 Interview Reviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Submitted through internal referral. Target school+high GPA (3.9+). Direct onsite interview. Before the interview, recruiter provides some teams to select and rank. On the onsite interview, talked to different managers in different teams. All questions are simple and standard. Got an offer the second business day.

The recruiter is very responsible and efficient. The overall experience is very positive.

Interview Questions

Got a few offer with higher compensation and better match to my background.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I submitted my resume during a career fair and got contacted after a month. The interview last for 45 minutes. The interviewer is very kind and she provided me with lots of valuable information. There are not many technical questions. She mainly asked about my resume and previous experiences. I am still waiting for their final decision.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Phone Interview then in person at the office. Just basic behavioral and a lot of why do you want the job, what motivates you, what is a time you failed, what is your greatest success. Very predictable

Oracle Public Cloud - Senior Systems Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle.

It was my worst ever experience. A company recruiter contacted me and I showed interest in OPC infrastructure group. Then I had a technical phone interview which according to them went very well and they called me for an on-site interview. Three interviewers showed up. Before even starting, the first interviewer told me that in case I don't know the answer to a question, to just tell him that and not dance around it, which I answered that I wouldn't. He started asking numerous questions and as soon as I was giving the right answer he would cut me off and ask another question. Most of his questions were administration questions and he was looking for exact commands. He stayed half an over over his time and told me that other interviewer would ask me more programming questions. The second one had several problems printed on pages that he was putting in front of me as soon as I answered them. The third one wanted me to write a function to find the maximum depth of a general tree and when I answered him with the algorithm and data structure, he asked me to write the whole function for him. After he left, I was left alone in the room for over 20 minutes and I had to go out and ask someone to address the situation. Eventually someone showed up and looked up manager's phone number and I left him a voice message and I left. Later on, I got an email from the manager which stated that he was in a meeting and wished me best luck in my future endeavors and I never got to meet him in person.
     I am sure I am not the first one they're treating this way because when I called the recruiting coordinator for confirming the building number, she told me she'd sent over 50 people to that building. I had an interview with Apple the day before which I nailed it but I was genuinely interested in this job. I strongly believe that there should be some kind of oversight in the interview process so that guidelines are followed and candidates are picked based on their technical ability for the particular job opening.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to find the maximum depth of a general tree with any number of branches   Answer Question

Validation Technical Lead Interview

Very detailed , included programming , assembly and pre-silicon questions regarding assertions and verilog . There were sessions regarding emulation and FPGA speed questions as well .The rest of the interview was focussed on behaviour and debug related aspects and bugs encountered.

Technology Sales Representative II Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Contacted the recruiter first of all via LinkedIn and was scheduled for a phone interview some days later. Spoke to recruiter, had a very good conversation less than 5mins on the phone, recruiter liked my background and scheduled me for the second interview with the manager. Had a 3 panel interview with my manager and director of sales of the department. I was asked about my background and what I was looking for in a new job and also why I was the best fit for the position. Advice to job seekers know your background, numbers and be confident in your abilities, because they can sniff any doubt in your answers. One other thing that helped me was I came in prepared with my 30 60 90 day plan for the new position. That's a deal maker for you. After the interview my recruiter contacted me and told me my performance was good and she was hoping for the best

Interview Questions
    • What makes you better than the other person we interviewed?
      Why do you want to work with oracle?

View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume on the career fair and had a short conversation over phone discussing about the process and timeline. Then had an hour long interview with the hiring manager of a group. Digged into every detail of almost all the information mentioned on the resume. No typical technical questions. All people are very helpful, nice, and friendly during the process. I think all they are looking for is someone who has the best matched technique background for their projects.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume, past projects, and conceptual technical questions related to past projects.   Answer Question

Recruiter EMEA Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

worse candidate experience ever! I applied online and I talked and met F2F the Sr Director Recruiting EMEA (hiring manager too). She was for both F2F and r tel-screening over 30 minutes late. I took one vacation day to go to F2F and then I never received a rejection / email / call back. I am still waiting for her rejection after 9 months..Hopefully Oracle does not treat it employees like they did with me as a candidate..I will never apply for Oracle again!

Interview Questions
    • what was the most difficult hiring manager you had to deal with   Answer Question

Sales & Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

On-Campus Recruiting- 2 30 minute interviews. One with the recruiter and one with 2 upper management. Pretty easy process, got hired on spot. Make sure to explain why you would do well in sales specifically.

Interview Questions

I heard the company culture is super competitive and unwelcoming.

Software Engineer II Interview

campus hiring process: hand in the resume on the campus hiring event, got an email for the company hr, schedule the onsite interview, got email to select the groups which are interested in your background, select groups you are interested, got an email for the interview schedule for each group, onsite interview, need to reply within two days after the interview. got the offer.