Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I was working with a local recruiter cross country to get interview with Oracle in their Manufacturing Consultant Group. Most of the paper work, experiences and what I was looking for in the total package was conveyed to the recruiter for expectation. It was the whole day interview. I first met with the consulting manager, which is the person that I report directly, then I was interviewed in a group with several current consultants, then the senior manager, and the project manager with several current projects.

Interview Question – My background was in database, but I didn't work with Oracle database in my previous job except with the government and school doing teaching assistant in database. I mainly was in software development using CASE life cycle and testing products. They want to know if I am cut out to do consultant as it requires many different tasks within the project and my previous employer did not show consultant experience. Also, majority of the interviewee graduated from an ivy league school and I didn't. I had to used my teaching experience and the work from government to show how I have the drive to do consultant and enjoyed doing these consultant projects at client site.. I was very lucky at the time otherwise I don't think I can get into Oracle without Oracle experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for Oracle to pay relocation expenses from Virginia to California and short term living expenses while waiting for items to move over cross country. I also got a sign-on bonus.

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Went through first wave of summer 2013 "Class Of" program. Interview process was a joke. Two phone calls, that was it. Whole process from first contact to offer was less than a week.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions at all. The recruiter was easy to talk to and said the same for me, and it was almost a foregone conclusion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate salary, but was able to push back start date.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Senior Technical Writer

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – I applied for the position, participated in a phone interview, and was hired months later. It is very important to have a college degree to work for Oracle. You also must be patient because sometimes the hiring process is slow.

Interview Question – Be prepared to describe how you interacted with any of their products before, especially for the work area you are applying in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated over the phone with an HR representative. He did not reveal the salary range, but I guessed (with Glassdoor's help) and he said I was pretty much spot on. I opted for the middle of the salary range. If I had known that Oracle was slow to promote, I would have negotiated for a higher salary.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Bedford, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Phone interview with recruiter
2) Phone interview with hiring manager
3) On site interview with 5 team members.
The longest part is the background check. The hiring approval has to go up the chain all the way up to Larry Ellison's office. It takes about 4 weeks for the background check to be done.

Interview Question – Nothing atypical or out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiation is limited. The number is set very early on and you are not given the opportunity to counter if you are currently employed.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Applied online and also pushed my resume through an employee. Five rounds of telephone interviews - 4 technical / skill interviews, 1 interview with the HR. First round, I was asked to prepare and send a document explaining in detail all major programming projects done in previous employment / education course work. Second round was on multi-threading programming. Third round on memory management. Fourth technical round on database management and performance. Each round lasted about 45-mins to an hour.

Interview Question – Questions on web technologies, memory management and multi-thread programming.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Oracle Asia Pacific Management Development Program Interview

Oracle Asia Pacific Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Sent resume/cover letter to recruiter that posted on University career center website. Had 1 hour phone interview with Senior Director. Second interview with VP level and video call with local office manager. Mostly behavioral questions on why Oracle, and what my experiences were. Overall very positive experience with the interviewer.

Interview Question – Normal questions -- experiences, strengths, weakness, career goals, familiarity with Oracle products and business lines. Asked about knowledge on IT industry: upcoming trends, where Oracle's products need to focus on, how the customers can benefit etc.   View Answer

Tax Interview

Tax
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call that my resume was short listed. Was callked for the interview. One day process. Total of Three rounds. Each round was with team member, manager and then director of the team respectively. Got a call after 6 months saying I got shortlisted for the job and if i wanted to accept the same.

Interview Question – Technical questions about course work you did in college or project report without even looking at the question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Campus Interview and Onsite. Group members will talk with you when you have onsite interview. After a month, decision will be emailed to you. And HR will contact you about it.

Interview Question – System Design   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Business Development Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone screeen by HR, spoke to another hiring manager to set up day long interview. One day 4 rounds of about 30 minutes a piece, and was interviewed by a team. Was offered a position one day after interviewing, but took 3 weeks to process before I was able to start.

Interview Question – Had to present a business memo for pursuing an industry   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation at this level 13 days vacation, unlimited sick days, this is a jump off point into any role within Oracle.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Redwood City, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Skype interview then Phone interview. Skype interview was an informational interview + some questions about why sales, why oracle, etc. Then a phone interview with someone who had my position who asked similar questions. I could tell by the end of this interview that I was going to get the job.

Reason for Declining – They were hiring too many people it seemed like

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!