Oracle Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,273 interviews

3.1

Business Development Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Initial contact was very easy to set up as I was dealing directly with a recruiter. Contact thereafter was a bit patchy and really only led anywhere when I pressed the recruiter for details. The "HR questions" weren't too bad and all of the people I spoke with were very personable when I could get them on the phone. The process was smooth in transitioning from one phase to another.

Interview Questions
    • When I spoke with the regional manager, he asked me to make a small sales pitch for an item - which was surprising because he had just finished explaining to me that this was not a true sales role.   View Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

I took 2 interviews. The process was very long. Was very hard. I was'nt feeling challenged enough also. I dint like the uptight feel at oracle. Id rather work at facebook or twitter even workday.

Interview Questions

I had gotten a better offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

Interview offered after an academic visit to the company headquarter: during the visit, the contact of the company and the professor agreed on looking for an internship opportunities for some students, and in few hours we were given the chance of an interview. Two days later, the interview lasted 3 hours and consisted in several company employees asking the most diverse questions about CS and in particular about my work field and thesis, from general questions about my prior work to very detailed questions. Moreover, some interviewers checkedmy programming and designing skills by asking me to program with C language and to design a circuit that implements a memory.

Interview Questions
    • Which changes would you make to the CPU cache architecture to improve it? Would you be able to design a memory?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Asia, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Asia, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2014.

Telephone and 1st interview. They didn't provide any results over 1 month after interview. In addition, they didn't mention the salary rage. It seems they don't think about applicant's status and how to feel about the company.

Interview Questions
    • They had flexible two positions and needed to choose suitable applicant as their position.   Answer Question

Lead Interview

The process was very long. There were many rounds. But it was interesting and informative and managers made sure that they were hiring the right fit. Multiple rounds with manager. A long technical round.

Software Engineering Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle.

The interview process was ridiculous. All they asked for was a resume and then I got an email back telling me that I had been selected into their internship program. A few weeks later I heard from them about choosing a group. Definitely not what I expected!

Interview Questions
    As an intern, the offer was very generous. No negotiation necessary.

Ruby On Rails Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Had 2 calls for their division Blue Kai. Had a technical exam. It was strictly Ruby coding. I started to try and solved it in Psuedo code and then was told that was the wrong answer. I got flustered because the interviewer was not patient and seemed to be on a deadline.

Interview Questions
    • @here.each_with_index do |index| baby.count[] p [@here]end   Answer Question

Global Licensing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

1. Email from Internal Recruiter in April 2014
    2. 1-hour interview with internal recruiter who acted very antsy that they had to get the position filled, this was in mid May 2014
    3. Did not hear anything until the beginning of June and after repeatedly emailing, I was given 1- day to be onsite. Never mind the fact I already have a full-time demanding job and cannot cancel scheduled meetings at the last minute. Finally the interview was put into place fort
    4. Phone interview set up - 30 minutes with senior manager (on the east coast) and director in san francisco. Then I was told it would be narrowed down and I would "hear back from them within a week". It has now been 8 weeks and I stopped emailing them 6 weeks ago after the director had promised I would hear something after July 4th weekend. It is now August 13th and they have disappeared.
    Not impressed and extremely disappointed with how I was been treated. I felt the job is completely what I wanted and ironically, I worked with Oracle at my previous company. If this is honestly how they treat their candidates, I will never apply again.

Interview Questions
    • mostly behavioral questions. You do not need to regurgitate your resume   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Phone interview- the phone interview was very basic. Nothing out of the ordinary. The recruiter gave me an overview of the Business Development Consultant and explained to me how it was essentially a sales role. After discussing the position, the recruiter asked me questions about my resume and related experience. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. The recruiter was not charismatic when discussing Oracle which was a real turn off.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and asked for a call. I had one phone interview with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, where I was asked to walk through my resume and talk about my experiences. No unexpected questions or challenging brain teasers were given. It was the most casual experience I have had interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked were difficult or unexpected.   View Answer
    No negotiation was allowed; I tried.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!