Oracle Interview Questions

1,345 Interview Reviews

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

One round interview. Met four interviewers from each section of the tax team. One-on-one with each of interviewer for about 10-30 minutes each. I was asked when will I be able to start working at the very beginning. Then Self-introduction at first. Some technical questions related to tax terminologies like business start up expense treatment, etc. Excel skill level. Be prepared to answer any questions on the resume items. Also prepare at least 10 questions for the interviewers.

Visa issue

Sale Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

It was a very lengthy interview process and from start to finish it took 5 months' time. I first spoke with the VP of Sales and then with the Sales Director. There appeared to be an interest in hiring me, but there was a vast amount of time from the submission of my application to my last interview.

Product Support Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

3 Different Interviews, on time. Very detailed Interview, it was described the job and the expectations the have for the future candidate. Recruiters keep me posted with the status of my hiring

Interview Questions
    Takes some time to get the approvals to get hire, but you are notified and posted all the time

Contracts Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Had phone interview with manager. I believe the conversation focused more on what the position was like, and preparing me for the long hours at quarter end, as well as the difficulties of working with sales.

Software Developer @ Microelectronic Division Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Contact by HR, then forward my resume to a manager. Then a senior engineering interviewed me. Overall it is not match with me. The engineer asked some software related question. Questions are required to talk in detail. Explain signal spy, how to implement it, what is given and what is the part you do.

Software Development Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

It took a long time to get contacted initially after applying. Once contacted, I had an initial phone screen with recruiter and with hiring manager. Went well so they scheduled additional phone screens with team members and brought me on site for face to face.

After a single round of interviews, I was told they were extremely interested and wanted to extend offer. 2 weeks later, after background and reference checks, I received a fair offer - exactly what I had asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Asked specific question about product install and usage. Fortunately, I had been using it for a few weeks before interview.   Answer Question

Deal Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Was called for phone interview first. Then had an in-person interview with three managers. This was followed by another phone interview by a remote manager. They asked about my background and also had some script questions. I was hired as a contractor and later an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself more independent or detail oriented.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Was contacted by the campus recruiter for Oracle by email and asked to send in an updated resume. I think they must have gotten my resume through the career fair..

Sent in my resume, and I was called for an on site interview directly. There was no phone interview which was surprising to me. The interview process was quite straight forward and it lasted one day. Started early morning (around 8:30 or 9) and left the Oracle office by 7 PM...

I think I interviewed with around 6 teams, all in database group based on my resume. After the interview, I was contacted in 10 days with an offer, and I could chose any team I want...

The interview was not difficult. And alot of the interview was focused on my past projects, so Operating Systems and Networking, File Systems etc. There were some minor coding questions but they didnt stress too much on Algos/data structures.

Some questions (concurrency based) were quite intricate and required a very deep understanding of the process stack and parameter passing and what not... But what I really found was that the questions were very much based on what these guys use everyday, rather than any gotcha questions to stifle the candidate. All the interviewers were great, very polite and I felt very comfortable throughout the process....

Interview Questions
    • I was given a code snippet, which involved multi threading and was asked to find a race condition. The race condition was very subtle and was not explicit in the code.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiaiton, since it was a college hire and it was my first job.

Vice President Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

NA - acquisition related job opportunity. During M&A process they provided an offer letter for me to sign after conducting a background check. No interview or anything else.

NA

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

I had a half hour phone interview, then an assignment, which was a mock pitch to a CMO. After the hiring director approved of the assignment, I flew in to have four face-to-face interviews. I received their verdict two weeks after the face-to-face. The whole process took about one month.