Oracle

1,117 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Took 2 weeks +. first had a phone screen with the Senior Project Manager. IT was strait fwd and std java questions. Called for inperson interview. Lasted for 4.5 hrs. Meet more than 7 people of the team. Most of them went well except one lady. she seemed to be rude and interrupted almost every time. Very annoying.

Interview Question – Questions were all java related:
6) collection related questions. Problem related to hashmap
7) sql queries on outer join and inner join
8) rest web service problem
9) tic tac toe problem
thats most of them i remember.
  Answer Question

Technology Sales Manager Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Interview Details – Generally there are 3 interviews with both the hiring manager, regional sales manager and VP of Sales overseeing the sales team for the region & product line.

Interview Question – They will focus on past experiences, your sales strategy and will test your knowledge of Oracle's technology, direction, etc. Standard interviewing process   Answer Question

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter Calls. If you pass that, you meet with 2 sets of managers then one Sales Director. Just be yourself and prove you can have a conversation. If you have the sales background; that is half the battle.

Interview Question – Just know your business inside and out. Difficult scenarios you have had in the past. Do not act like you know it all. They do not want that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were hiring a ton of people and I had little to no say. If they are filling in a few spots and want you they will pay you more.

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Informational phone call, followed by an in-person interview with hiring manager and Q&A session with employee working in the role currently. Follow up phone interview with another hiring manager. Received verbal job offer the week following the second interview.

Interview Question – What do you dislike about your current job, and how do you make the best of it?   Answer Question

Senior Buyer Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in July 2011.

Interview Details – Had strong employee refereral which help me move quickly through the interview process

Negotiation Details – fairly strait forward

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at the career fair, had 2 over the phone interviews and then got the final offer. Entire process was pretty quick!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter after applying. Phone interview. Got rejected. Interview asked basic behavioral questions with some basic technical questions too. Nothing too unexpected. I didn't have all the required knowledge for the position. But other than that it is your typical phone interview. Not sure what comes next after that.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email through my university department that Oracle was looking for hires, so I forwarded my resume. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was very negative about my demeanor and told me that I would have to improve when talking to the hiring managed. Briefly introduced myself to the recruiter at the career fair the following week. After the career fair, they invited everyone who had spoke to them to pizza that night. Following this, I received an invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I did the following week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager seemed completely uninterested in my background and really just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting myself into. I got a call later that evening telling me I had got the job. Overall, the whole experience lasted less than 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, it was all straightforward situation/behavior questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I could tell from the entire recruitment process that they were not interested in my background or skills, they just wanted warm bodies to fill this position. It seemed WAY too easy to get this job, and thus it appeared that it was a undesirable position. I know several other people who took this job coming out of college, and are now actively looking for other jobs because they didn't like this one.

TAM Interview

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – It was a three step interview process. I was infront of a panel of managers. I was questioned about my experience and my knowledge.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a matching algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews with different people on the team. One was another software engineer, one was (I believe) a software lead, and one was the project manager. It seemed like each person had their own version of a technical "quiz", one was spoken-word and one was actually coding where you had to log in and send them code. What made it a negative experience was that it seemed like they took several days between each one, for no good reason, when each of them claimed they'd get back to you in a few days. After the first technical interview, I didn't hear from them for over 40 days. I had given up but then got another call, and yet another technical interview (with overlap from the first one), then another several days of waiting. Seemed VERY disorganized, like none of them actually talk to each other, and my name got lost in the shuffle.

Interview Question – Technical interviews were all over the board. Basic traversals of loops, pushing/popping data out of data structures, all the way to design and requirements stuff.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle interview questions and advice. All 1,117 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.