Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
1,326 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Developer @ Microelectronic Division Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Oracle.

Contact by HR, then forward my resume to a manager. Then a senior engineering interviewed me. Overall it is not match with me. The engineer asked some software related question. Questions are required to talk in detail. Explain signal spy, how to implement it, what is given and what is the part you do.

Software Development Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

It took a long time to get contacted initially after applying. Once contacted, I had an initial phone screen with recruiter and with hiring manager. Went well so they scheduled additional phone screens with team members and brought me on site for face to face.

After a single round of interviews, I was told they were extremely interested and wanted to extend offer. 2 weeks later, after background and reference checks, I received a fair offer - exactly what I had asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Asked specific question about product install and usage. Fortunately, I had been using it for a few weeks before interview.   Answer Question

Deal Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Oracle.

Was called for phone interview first. Then had an in-person interview with three managers. This was followed by another phone interview by a remote manager. They asked about my background and also had some script questions. I was hired as a contractor and later an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself more independent or detail oriented.   Answer Question

Vice President Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

NA - acquisition related job opportunity. During M&A process they provided an offer letter for me to sign after conducting a background check. No interview or anything else.

NA

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Was contacted by the campus recruiter for Oracle by email and asked to send in an updated resume. I think they must have gotten my resume through the career fair..

Sent in my resume, and I was called for an on site interview directly. There was no phone interview which was surprising to me. The interview process was quite straight forward and it lasted one day. Started early morning (around 8:30 or 9) and left the Oracle office by 7 PM...

I think I interviewed with around 6 teams, all in database group based on my resume. After the interview, I was contacted in 10 days with an offer, and I could chose any team I want...

The interview was not difficult. And alot of the interview was focused on my past projects, so Operating Systems and Networking, File Systems etc. There were some minor coding questions but they didnt stress too much on Algos/data structures.

Some questions (concurrency based) were quite intricate and required a very deep understanding of the process stack and parameter passing and what not... But what I really found was that the questions were very much based on what these guys use everyday, rather than any gotcha questions to stifle the candidate. All the interviewers were great, very polite and I felt very comfortable throughout the process....

Interview Questions
    • I was given a code snippet, which involved multi threading and was asked to find a race condition. The race condition was very subtle and was not explicit in the code.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiaiton, since it was a college hire and it was my first job.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

I had a half hour phone interview, then an assignment, which was a mock pitch to a CMO. After the hiring director approved of the assignment, I flew in to have four face-to-face interviews. I received their verdict two weeks after the face-to-face. The whole process took about one month.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

Through college recruiting.
    Called me on the phone for pre-screening. It was very informal and I talked for the majority of the screening with questions about my resume and past experiences including school.
    2nd interview with manager on phone felt informal and at ease because of the easy-going nature of the manager.
    And a third interview face to face.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

4 interviews with international tax groups and transfer pricing groups. The interviews were more like chatting, based on my resume. They were super nice and the office building was gorgeous..

Timing issue.

Sales Representative Interview

I ran across Oracle at a job fair at my school. I interviewed with a recruiter over Skype. I then had a phone interview with a Sales Manager in SF.

Physical Design Interview

6. characteristics of the mos transistor, Cgs, Cgd, W, L, current expression
    7. logic effort question
    8. electron migration quesiton
    9. carry look ahead adder

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not very difficult. Projects on resume will be asked in details.   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!