Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
1,316 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Development Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

It took a long time to get contacted initially after applying. Once contacted, I had an initial phone screen with recruiter and with hiring manager. Went well so they scheduled additional phone screens with team members and brought me on site for face to face.

After a single round of interviews, I was told they were extremely interested and wanted to extend offer. 2 weeks later, after background and reference checks, I received a fair offer - exactly what I had asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Asked specific question about product install and usage. Fortunately, I had been using it for a few weeks before interview.   Answer Question

Applications Developer IV/Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

How can you contribute to our company? Prove me that you are a team player. These were the questions that I got asked. And I did not like the questions

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2010.

Started with a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a round robin interview at the Reston campus with several managers and current account managers, as well as the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is your approach to handling rejection   View Answer

Financial Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2014.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, in-person interview (2 in one day), phone interview with director of finance. After 2 weeks finally received an offer. Gave counter offer, and accepted position one week after initial offer. Now waiting for background to clear. From submitting application to when I'll start, it will have taken about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for what skills you know, type of work you are currently doing, mostly just getting to know you.   Answer Question
    Little negotiating.

Deal Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Oracle.

Was called for phone interview first. Then had an in-person interview with three managers. This was followed by another phone interview by a remote manager. They asked about my background and also had some script questions. I was hired as a contractor and later an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself more independent or detail oriented.   Answer Question

Vice President Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

NA - acquisition related job opportunity. During M&A process they provided an offer letter for me to sign after conducting a background check. No interview or anything else.

NA

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Was contacted by the campus recruiter for Oracle by email and asked to send in an updated resume. I think they must have gotten my resume through the career fair..

Sent in my resume, and I was called for an on site interview directly. There was no phone interview which was surprising to me. The interview process was quite straight forward and it lasted one day. Started early morning (around 8:30 or 9) and left the Oracle office by 7 PM...

I think I interviewed with around 6 teams, all in database group based on my resume. After the interview, I was contacted in 10 days with an offer, and I could chose any team I want...

The interview was not difficult. And alot of the interview was focused on my past projects, so Operating Systems and Networking, File Systems etc. There were some minor coding questions but they didnt stress too much on Algos/data structures.

Some questions (concurrency based) were quite intricate and required a very deep understanding of the process stack and parameter passing and what not... But what I really found was that the questions were very much based on what these guys use everyday, rather than any gotcha questions to stifle the candidate. All the interviewers were great, very polite and I felt very comfortable throughout the process....

Interview Questions
    • I was given a code snippet, which involved multi threading and was asked to find a race condition. The race condition was very subtle and was not explicit in the code.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiaiton, since it was a college hire and it was my first job.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

Focused and intelligent. Interview with hiring executive, Sr HR manager, and several peers via telephone. Focus on what was needed in the role and asking how I would fit.

Interview Questions
    • Concerned about my high level of experience and becoming unchallenged   View Answer
    Oracle was concerned that I was happy and offered me the upper end of my ask but had no room for additional discussion agree the offer was made

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2010.

Phone Interview. Then 2 day weekend location interview with 20+ applicants. Flew to Denver. One on one with managers. Technical interview. Group interview. Behavioral, personality, technical.xx xx xx xx xx

Interview Questions
    Salary, hiring bonus & relocation covered

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

I had a half hour phone interview, then an assignment, which was a mock pitch to a CMO. After the hiring director approved of the assignment, I flew in to have four face-to-face interviews. I received their verdict two weeks after the face-to-face. The whole process took about one month.

Interview Questions

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!