Oracle

Updated Feb 25, 2015
1,501 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Met with 3 Groups on 2 different days. Oracle people are very nice, from Recruiters to managers. They managed to create a pleasant conversational environment and never put pressure on you. Very few technical questions, the process is quite smooth. They arranged lunch with two alumni, very informative and considerate. But they raise a high bar for selecting candidates for onsite. I think this is why Oracle interview is easy but still can hire talented people.

Interview Questions
    • It depends on groups that are interested in you. Some groups asks algorithm coding questions while others place more emphasis on communication and behavior. Anyway, you can assume nothing in advance, be prepared for data structure, algorithms and basic technical questions. After all, for a software engineer position, the responsibility is to write code every day.   Answer Question

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Recruited at college campus. Had one phone interview and then invited to a pre-interview dinner prior to a second interview. A few days later, I was Invited to go into the office for two 30 minute interviews with two different people. They asked behavioral questions and had to guide them through the resume. Very nice people.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions. Why sales? Why Oracle? When working in a group, was there a time when there was a uneven distribution of work? How did you fix this and what were the outcomes? What is a goal that you wanted to achieve but failed?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

I spoke with a campus recruiter. She was impressed with my resume, so she put me in contact with multiple people within the organization so that i can get a feel for the role and the company. Then I had a phone interview and received an offer within days.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

2 rounds of ph. internview. In person interview with the team. Considering Oracle is great company to work for I accepted the offer. Interview procress was intense. I was asked many questions on resume and testing, automation as well as quizes. SQL knowledge is important.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate much as this was by recruiter.

Hardware Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

contacted by recruiter. set up multiple phone screens and you interview on site with those who are interested. While the phone interview questions are relevant to the position the onsite questions were meaningless. There were 0 technical questions, only puzzles. The whole process is extremely biased and the is definitely hiring favoritism as qualified candidates have not been hired while unqualified are hired (given they share a "similar" trait as the hiring manager).

Hardware Developer II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

I applied through college recruit team, they have a special e-mail address for college students to apply for their jobs, all you need to do is send an email and attach your resume. I think they will view your resume and find the suitable position for you if they are interested in you. The same day I sent the email, they sent me an email and they asked for my resume together with my unofficial transcripts. So, I send everything they asked for.

Interview Questions
    • basic questions about the position and some other questions about the company itself.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Really easy interview, basic questions like tell me about yourself?. What was the most difficult problem you have ever handled?. Most of the questions about behavior. After those easy questions the interviewer just focused on explain me the job's description.

Product Development[2015 Summer] Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

First, I'm contacted by a recruiter. Then they send me a the information about a team interested at me. Then, the manager of the team had a the phone interview. Questions are about my general understanding of Java language and cloud/big data things. No programming questions. The manager talks a lot about what the team do and possible project for my intern.

Software Engineer Interview

One call to schedule onsite days. And then just fly to SF for two-days onsite interview. I have four group to meet. They are located at HQ, Santa Clara, and Cupertino. The whole process was very smooth. HRs are very nice and the people who interviewed me are also very friendly. They didn't ask any challenging question. We talked about my background and what their group do for most of the process.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied via a contact with a friend, heard back pretty quick. They questioned me a lot about my previous employers and very little about my abilities, which felt frustrating. I honed this skills that they seemed intent on ignoring. I wish the interview was more about the job at hand.

Interview Questions
    • What's one thing you would change about your previous work environment?   Answer Question