Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

Operation Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

2 people interviewed me one after another, asking questions To discover who I am and what kind skills i have. Was not very difficult. The questions were very basic. I personally just lacked experience so therefore did not get the job. Will apply again when I do gain experience

Deal Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter pretty quickly. It was a pretty casual phone interview. He set up two more phone interviews with two other managers over the course of a few months, both of which went very well, but then I eventually stopped getting calls back. No idea what happened.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Two interviews in different locations, including a presentation. It was a lengthy process overall, but it was pretty straightforward. They were a little bit disorganized but very helpful when you were dealing with someone.

Technical Analyst II (Support) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle in July 2015.

Interview

1 - Initial phone screen interview by HR. Asked about my interests, salary expectations, etc. Normal interview-type questions. 2 - Next step was an e-mailed written, timed test given by the hiring manager. Test involved general logic questions with multiple choice answers and situational questions (ie. if a customer e-mailed you and said this then what would you do) requiring written responses. I had to return the test within 1.5 hours of when it was e-mailed to me. (The manager and I agreed upon a start time for the test.) I was told I passed the test and asked to come in for an interview. 3 - I then had an on-site interview with two managers, one at that location and another connected by video feed into the conference room. The managers each had a copy of what appeared to be about an 8 page document with lists of standard-interview questions and room for them to record their impressions. This lasted approximately an hour. Next was an informal panel interview with other members of the tech support team which lasted approximately a half hour. During the interview I was told I would hear back from them in about a week. When two weeks passed with no contact I e-mailed the manager. The manager returned the e-mail saying I was "unsuccessful". I later discovered my status in their tracking system had been updated the day after my interview to "no longer being considered". The tracking system didn't notify me of that change; I had to go in and specifically look to see it. Given that a key component of a customer support position is keeping the customer updated and informed of progress I would have expected the hiring manager to me know I was no longer being considered rather than me having to ask for a status update.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were common interview type questions. Nothing usual.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bozeman, MT) in June 2015.

Interview

Slow response and little communication over interview process that lasted 3 months. Seemed like they forgot about candidates and then were in a panic to reconnect. I would suspect that they lose many candidates that take other jobs due to the time period from initial contact to final interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest strengths, 3 biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I came in for an interview on site after two phone screens. After meeting with a Sales Managers and having a normal and relaxed conversation, I was interviewed by the hiring manager and their superior. I was asked about acquisition strategy, implementation processes, and a bunch of other unrelated topics by the hiring manager. None of which related directly to an entry level salesperson fresh out of college.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us? (knock on the door) Oh wait, nevermind, there's someone coming in to use this conference room. It was nice meeting you.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Three interviews (2 phone, 1 in-person): The first two are easy questions with one HR person and a BDR based in Boston. The final interview was on-campus with a VP of sales. The VP was perhaps the most cynical person I've ever met. I walked out of that interview disillusioned about the company culture and the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Oracle?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process started by connecting with recruiter on LinkedIn. The recruiter was very nice, well informed, and asked the right questions. Stated my skills are a great match to 2 different positions they were recruiting for. I applied to the positions and we went through a formal phone screen. The recruiter then forwarded my information to the hiring manager. The hiring manager said they would call between Monday and Wednesday. They never called so I reached out to the hiring manager for status. Was told the manager would call me sometime between Thursday and Friday. On Monday, without a call from the manager I called the hiring manager to decline the position. Felt that if the manager was not responsive in the hiring process that indicates the type of manager they would be. Disappointed as I am eager to work for Oracle and would love a PM position.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience, do you have a PMP certification, and have you managed multiple concurrent projects before?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They talked about lower level positions than job posting. I asked what is the position that I am interviewing for and I was told they were trying to figure out which position I was best fit for.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phoned and asked basic questions about employment backgroud, education and suitability to filling the role. The Recruiter was friendly, engaging and great about describing the role and the team that was seeking a Manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you held a direct supervisor role and if so how many direct reports did you have?   1 Answer