Oracle Principal Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

3.1

Interview

Recruiter Called through Linked In, and then submitted the resume to the Hiring Manager. Hiring manager called to see the technical fit for the position. Two Personal Technical Interviews by peers. Then One final In-person interview by the hiring manager. Background Check and offer followed.

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Great interviews with the hiring team, position had been open for 5 months and things were fast-tracked to get a resource on-site and contributing. However, after negotiating and receiving an offer from the hiring manager, the Recruiter wanted me to provide my salary in my current position before sending out an Offer letter. I declined and replied my current position has different responsibilities and the work is not related (current job is post-sales, new position is pre-sales). The Recruiter insisted and added how would it look if Oracle hired someone making $80K and this had to go through 5 levels of review? I gave the recruiter a range on my current salary and told her I needed to prepare for my call at 2:30. Later I received an email from the same Recruiter that Oracle declined to give me an Offer.

Interview Questions

• What were the five qualities you want to see in a manager?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The first question was graph's k coloring, which was difficult and didn't prepare for it. Answered using recursive to solve and asked the interviewer a few questions to clarify the problem. Tried but didn't complete the solution.

Interview Questions

• Giving m color, find whether it can coloring the graph with n vertex.   Answer Question

Interview

Had an initial phone interview and then an on sight interview with about 5 people. Questions were typical of a big software company, analytical problems, design problems, and general exploration of skills.

Interview Questions

• Implement a phone book that works with minimal memory and allows fast lookup.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, I gave them a number that was 25% higher than what I made at my current company and they agreed.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Lengthy interview process with multiple technical calls. The approval process was long. I did not think I was going to get a call back. I am glad I did not give up, I am very satisfied with my new job. The interviewers were SMEs on the Oracle products giving appropriate feedback on the accuracy of my responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe the usage of Oracle's table partitioning and how it is used to improve performance on queries.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Get a chance to directly contact the hiring manager and then a telephone interview. The telephone interview is a combination of technical and HR questions. Next one day onsite interview -- all are technical questions and describing past projects.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

4 phone interview and 2 face to face. 4 interview were technical and one situational and one managerial round. overall it was pleasant experience . they look for logical person with lots of aptitude knowledge

Interview Questions

• all questions were about what I had done in past .situational question were like most difficult task I took and completed   Answer Question

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter and set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager loved to hear himself talk so that made it quite easy. Invited for a face-to-face interview but that particular group's interview process was a little different. They prefer to have the candidate give a presentation on their topic of choice. Confirmed the topic was okay with the hiring manager. When I came into present, interviewed with 4 other people and was NOT given an opportunity to present my slides or materials, only to whiteboard. As they said, they preferred if I discussed from memory. Alrighty then! I felt like I did well enough to advance, however, was not given an opportunity to go to the next round, which was unfortunate but perhaps they already had a finalist in mind.

Interview Questions

• If the SVP was in front of you, what would you say to her?   Answer Question

Interview

I came in during a merger, but the originating as well as the interview questions that I usually asked were mainly around technical expertise against a specific software. In addition, prepare to be interviewed with 3 or more fellow consultants and then finally the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview

There wasn't a technical interview. If you got to that interview and you are not completely socially inept, you have a job. It was very easy. Too easy. It wasn't until seeing the type of job I'm doing that I understand why. There really is no need to be smart, this is just a day job, nothing more.

Negotiation

No negotiation, base pay for all new college hires