Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
1,326 Interview Reviews

3.1

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Málaga (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Málaga (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

Telephone interview and face to face interview with lots of tricky questions

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in January 2009.

Campus interviewed, initial written test for 60 mins, covering apptitude, IT terminologies, business processes, for MBA grads, 1 round of technical interview to understand basic concepts of an ERP, its implementation methods, knowledge of business like finance, supply chain, HR

Interview Questions
    • business flows of finance included qs like complete flow of supplier-receiver financials flow, payment methods, same for supply chain, complete logical flows etc,   Answer Question
    no negotiations options, CTC was fixed by the HR team had to accept or reject

Applications Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

The first contact is with HR. The next interview is with 3 Regional managers who will interview you separately, in person. For the next interview you are required to put together a 20 minute presentation on a software product. The presentation is done via telephone. I presented to 3 managers. The final interview is with a higher level manager. The higher level management is, what I felt, the hardest interview. With each step you need to make sure that you "close" them. Make sure to ask what the next step is in the process, overcome all objectives, and be as competitive as you possibly can be.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to write a sales book, what would the book be called and name 5 chapter titles   Answer Question
    • Name 5 things that determine if you are wasting your time on a sales prospect   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

My first contact was with someone from recruiting to discuss the position and salary. My second and third interviews were conducted via phone and were 100% technical. Some of the questions they asked were ridiculous and I don't think they would have known the answers if they didn't have the documentation right in front of them. They both also didn't seem to really like their jobs, citing 100% travel as the reason. After those three calls, there was no additional communication. Seems a big rude to take up 3 hours of my time and not have to manners to communicate that I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • List all of the initialization parameters necessary for a DataGuard configuration.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

First day at the assessment center is more informative and they are observing you all day long. There is a meeting with senior managers, presentation about Oracle, case about outsourcing and your opinion on it, technology demonstration, sales exercises important is to discover their needs and preferences, question and answer session and dinner. During the dinner you get a random subject and have to give a presentation for 2 minutes.

Second day there are 2 interviews. First with 2 managers. They do everything to make it hard for you and want to know how you handle. The way they ask questions was not humanly. The next interviews was with a panel of six managers they ask standard questions like why do you want to work for Oracle. I also had a third interview with another manager. He was very kind and normal in his way of interviewing. The culture that I have tested was pro Americans. My feedback is they suck al your energy two days long for a crap position and people working over there, they don’t look happy.

Interview Questions
    • where does your passion come from?   Answer Question
    • What has been your most significant accomplishment to date?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in sales?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you think are essential to be successful in this kind of work?   View Answer
    • What are the four criteria of information?   View Answer

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

It's about a 6 to 8 weeks interview process. You will do about 2 phone interviews and 3 in person interviews over the course of 2 weeks. You will do a presentation in front of at least 3 people in a conference room. You may do this presentation a couple times for various groups. Super annoying. If they like you, you will no it right away. You will then get a verbal offer. After your verbal offer, you have to wait about 4 to 6 weeks for your official written offer. So, hang tight if you actually want to go through with working for these people. It will be one of the hardest interview processes that you will ever go through for a job that is not worth all of the effort and preparation. Not to mention you have to work downtown Minneapolis in a cube.

Interview Questions
    There is zero negotiation of salary, benefits, etc.

Senior Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belmont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2008.

Applied online and interviewed with technical director and several consultants. Long process to interview and complete background check compared to most companies. Salary not good compared to most companies. Benefits are good and workload heavy based on what Oracle employees told me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you partition a database that has November/December time frame?   View Answer
    • Tell me how to size a datawarehouse system   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

First was the written test and after that there had been 4 rounds of telephonic technical interviews

Interview Questions
    • All the question that was asked was basic question but in depth.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

Round-1 : Technical round (Telephonic), 1 interviewer (Principal engineer)
    Round-2 : Technical round (Telephonic), 3 interviewers (2 Principal engineers, 1 Senior Principal engineer)
    Round-3: Design and Analysis round (Telephonic), 2 interviewers (Director, Applications Architect)
    Round-4: Personality assessment round (In-Person), 1 interviewer (My prospective manager)
    Round-5: Negotiations (Telephonic), 1 interviewer (H.R. Representative)

Round-1 to Round-5 took 10 days. Then offer letter took about 2 weeks and then background check took 2 weeks

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

too many rounds. Technical rounds were too long.
    First it was written. mainly based in SCJP,
    2nd technical interview. Covered all subjects to Computer Science
    3rd technical interview. Write progammes for testing logic of a developer
    Next round how creative you are.. You need to give a small presentation too

Interview Questions
    • No such questions. But interesting were in technical interview after the technical they asked some puzzles.   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!