Oracle Interview Questions

1,348 Interview Reviews

Senior Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2008.

Applied online and interviewed with technical director and several consultants. Long process to interview and complete background check compared to most companies. Salary not good compared to most companies. Benefits are good and workload heavy based on what Oracle employees told me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you partition a database that has November/December time frame?   View Answer
    • Tell me how to size a datawarehouse system   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in February 2009.

Talked on the phone with a senior technical recruiter a few times for a Product mangement position. He said he has the perfect position for me but have to wait for the merger. He dragged the process for months and finally after 6 months of emails and phone tags I gave up.

Interview Questions
    • A bunch of technical and design related questions   View Answer

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2009.

It's about a 6 to 8 weeks interview process. You will do about 2 phone interviews and 3 in person interviews over the course of 2 weeks. You will do a presentation in front of at least 3 people in a conference room. You may do this presentation a couple times for various groups. Super annoying. If they like you, you will no it right away. You will then get a verbal offer. After your verbal offer, you have to wait about 4 to 6 weeks for your official written offer. So, hang tight if you actually want to go through with working for these people. It will be one of the hardest interview processes that you will ever go through for a job that is not worth all of the effort and preparation. Not to mention you have to work downtown Minneapolis in a cube.

Interview Questions
    There is zero negotiation of salary, benefits, etc.

Applications Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

The first contact is with HR. The next interview is with 3 Regional managers who will interview you separately, in person. For the next interview you are required to put together a 20 minute presentation on a software product. The presentation is done via telephone. I presented to 3 managers. The final interview is with a higher level manager. The higher level management is, what I felt, the hardest interview. With each step you need to make sure that you "close" them. Make sure to ask what the next step is in the process, overcome all objectives, and be as competitive as you possibly can be.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to write a sales book, what would the book be called and name 5 chapter titles   Answer Question
    • Name 5 things that determine if you are wasting your time on a sales prospect   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

Probably the most difficult interview process I have ever gone thru. They only want the best of the best and it shows! Has taken over 3 weeks and I just got done with the interview process today so we will see. Started out with HR(easy). Then met with the director which consisted of interactive role plays and business relative questions(medium) followed by meeting with 2 other individuals(easy). The tough part came with the presentation, it was a panel review that was selling a business solution to C-Level executives showing multiple value propositions and closing the sale. This had multiple objections and questions on the product.(difficult). After the presentation, we continued the panel interview about how my business solution would relate to the software I would be selling, nothing was easy about this stage of the interview process. Lastly, I interviewed with the VP over the phone which was pretty extensive. We covered my backround and why I am right for Oracle.

My suggestion is to be prepared to cover every aspect of your career and how it related to the product that you will be selling.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell our product to a C-Level Executive?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

First day at the assessment center is more informative and they are observing you all day long. There is a meeting with senior managers, presentation about Oracle, case about outsourcing and your opinion on it, technology demonstration, sales exercises important is to discover their needs and preferences, question and answer session and dinner. During the dinner you get a random subject and have to give a presentation for 2 minutes.

Second day there are 2 interviews. First with 2 managers. They do everything to make it hard for you and want to know how you handle. The way they ask questions was not humanly. The next interviews was with a panel of six managers they ask standard questions like why do you want to work for Oracle. I also had a third interview with another manager. He was very kind and normal in his way of interviewing. The culture that I have tested was pro Americans. My feedback is they suck al your energy two days long for a crap position and people working over there, they don’t look happy.

Interview Questions
    • where does your passion come from?   Answer Question
    • What has been your most significant accomplishment to date?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in sales?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you think are essential to be successful in this kind of work?   View Answer
    • What are the four criteria of information?   View Answer

Tax Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

(Step 1) You go through several phone interviews with the HR representative; (Step 2) After week or so, HR contacts about arranging a phone interview with the Hiring Manager; (Step 3) HR contacts you to arrange an office visit for an entire day 1:1 interviews/ group interviews with the HR Rep all the way to the Senior VP depending on your level your applying. (Step 4) contacted by Hire Manager to ext extend an offer of employment contingent to passing a Background check conducted through a third-part (RightHire) (Step 5) completion of vast amounts of paperwork that is to be signed and return within 24 hours (Step 6) once your background check has cleared, you receive formal written letter of offer and a agreed upon start date.

Interview Questions
    • What was your, how did you, was it successful...in relation to the toughest engagement project you ever been engaged leading a group of unexperienced staff?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

First was the written test and after that there had been 4 rounds of telephonic technical interviews

Interview Questions
    • All the question that was asked was basic question but in depth.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Málaga (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Málaga (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

Telephone interview and face to face interview with lots of tricky questions

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

My first contact was with someone from recruiting to discuss the position and salary. My second and third interviews were conducted via phone and were 100% technical. Some of the questions they asked were ridiculous and I don't think they would have known the answers if they didn't have the documentation right in front of them. They both also didn't seem to really like their jobs, citing 100% travel as the reason. After those three calls, there was no additional communication. Seems a big rude to take up 3 hours of my time and not have to manners to communicate that I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • List all of the initialization parameters necessary for a DataGuard configuration.   Answer Question