Oracle

Getting the Interview

1,107 candidate interviews

Pre Sales Technical Consultant Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited for three positions with this company; one in Burlington, MA, one in NYC,and one is still in play. For the two positions for which I was interviewed, I endured over 5 hours of telephone and in person interviews as well as a role-play presentation.

Interview Question – I was asked to provide minute technical details of an opportunity that I worked on very early in my career.   View Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Telephonic Round -- 1 round
2. Face -to- Face -- 4 rounds
3. Another Face-to-Face -- 1 round

Job role was Application maintenance, mainly defects fixing

Interview Question – 1. Design a textpad, define the classes and interaction
2. How CVS will maintain versions internally ?
3. How do you choose potatoes in the market?
  View Answer

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Senior Technical Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Interview Details – My first contact was with someone from recruiting to discuss the position and salary. My second and third interviews were conducted via phone and were 100% technical. Some of the questions they asked were ridiculous and I don't think they would have known the answers if they didn't have the documentation right in front of them. They both also didn't seem to really like their jobs, citing 100% travel as the reason. After those three calls, there was no additional communication. Seems a big rude to take up 3 hours of my time and not have to manners to communicate that I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Question – List all of the initialization parameters necessary for a DataGuard configuration.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Business Development Interview

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

Interview Details – First day at the assessment center is more informative and they are observing you all day long. There is a meeting with senior managers, presentation about Oracle, case about outsourcing and your opinion on it, technology demonstration, sales exercises important is to discover their needs and preferences, question and answer session and dinner. During the dinner you get a random subject and have to give a presentation for 2 minutes.

Second day there are 2 interviews. First with 2 managers. They do everything to make it hard for you and want to know how you handle. The way they ask questions was not humanly. The next interviews was with a panel of six managers they ask standard questions like why do you want to work for Oracle. I also had a third interview with another manager. He was very kind and normal in his way of interviewing. The culture that I have tested was pro Americans. My feedback is they suck al your energy two days long for a crap position and people working over there, they don’t look happy.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Philadelphia, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

Interview Details – Probably the most difficult interview process I have ever gone thru. They only want the best of the best and it shows! Has taken over 3 weeks and I just got done with the interview process today so we will see. Started out with HR(easy). Then met with the director which consisted of interactive role plays and business relative questions(medium) followed by meeting with 2 other individuals(easy). The tough part came with the presentation, it was a panel review that was selling a business solution to C-Level executives showing multiple value propositions and closing the sale. This had multiple objections and questions on the product.(difficult). After the presentation, we continued the panel interview about how my business solution would relate to the software I would be selling, nothing was easy about this stage of the interview process. Lastly, I interviewed with the VP over the phone which was pretty extensive. We covered my backround and why I am right for Oracle.

My suggestion is to be prepared to cover every aspect of your career and how it related to the product that you will be selling.

Interview Question – How would you sell our product to a C-Level Executive?   Answer Question

Applications Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2011.

Interview Details – The first contact is with HR. The next interview is with 3 Regional managers who will interview you separately, in person. For the next interview you are required to put together a 20 minute presentation on a software product. The presentation is done via telephone. I presented to 3 managers. The final interview is with a higher level manager. The higher level management is, what I felt, the hardest interview. With each step you need to make sure that you "close" them. Make sure to ask what the next step is in the process, overcome all objectives, and be as competitive as you possibly can be.

Interview Questions

• If you were to write a sales book, what would the book be called and name 5 chapter titles   Answer Question
  • Name 5 things that determine if you are wasting your time on a sales prospect   Answer Question

Senior Principal Consultant Interview

Senior Principal Consultant
Belmont, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online and interviewed with technical director and several consultants. Long process to interview and complete background check compared to most companies. Salary not good compared to most companies. Benefits are good and workload heavy based on what Oracle employees told me.

Interview Questions

• How would you partition a database that has November/December time frame?   View Answer
  • Tell me how to size a datawarehouse system   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

The process took 5 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2009.

Interview Details – Talked on the phone with a senior technical recruiter a few times for a Product mangement position. He said he has the perfect position for me but have to wait for the merger. He dragged the process for months and finally after 6 months of emails and phone tags I gave up.

Interview Question – A bunch of technical and design related questions   View Answer

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

Interview Details – Round-1 : Technical round (Telephonic), 1 interviewer (Principal engineer)
Round-2 : Technical round (Telephonic), 3 interviewers (2 Principal engineers, 1 Senior Principal engineer)
Round-3: Design and Analysis round (Telephonic), 2 interviewers (Director, Applications Architect)
Round-4: Personality assessment round (In-Person), 1 interviewer (My prospective manager)
Round-5: Negotiations (Telephonic), 1 interviewer (H.R. Representative)

Round-1 to Round-5 took 10 days. Then offer letter took about 2 weeks and then background check took 2 weeks

Interview Question – How and why do you think you deserve an offer ?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was a type of round robin experience. You would meet with 1 or 2 managers that were hiring; talk for 15-30 minutes for the interview and the move on to another manager with different hiring needs. The toughest guy who interviewed me...I was sure he wasn't going to offer me the position.

Interview Question – Honestly dont remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take the salary or leave it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle interview questions and advice. All 1,107 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.