Oracle

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014
1,422 Interview Reviews

Sales Manager Interview

You will be approached by a recruiter, you can also apply via existing Oracle employee lots of jobs available on internal job site. generally you will be interviewed by Manager and his boss i.e. two levels. First interview would be more grilling. HR interview will be just a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Sometime you might be asked for a roleplay similar to a role you applied for   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I attended 4 interviews by phone and in person. It was an opportunity to find out about the type of work and potential colleagues. A minus was the wait time while background checks were conducted

Interview Questions
    • Trying to persuade personnel not familiar with the tools that we use in our day to day tasks that they are effective channels   Answer Question

SD Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

After one weed of submission of the resume, they asked me to do some personality test. Then about one week later, they set up a phone interview. After phone interview, they asked you to take some skill test in locol. It invovle learing a new programming language and 4 programming questions. The first par is matiple choice and relativly easy. But the programming questions are hard.

Interview Questions
    • find longest increasing sub sequence in 2d array.
      (bit more expl..)
      ex: finding length of the snake in snake game
      ---------
      the sequence must not be diagonally.
      but it can be any like top-bootm,bottom-left-top ........
      increasing means one step
      6 7 8 40

output : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Not very difficult...the process depends on group

Interview Questions
    • the interview question is not difficult...so you need to do it very well to impress all   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

The opportunity came as a friend referal. Got a call from the hiring manager and set up an interview. Teams members conduct their interviews one on one with me. After which, teams members huddle in the manager's office and gave thumbs up or down. If more thumbs up then the manager will negotiate offer.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

Was called for interview 13 yrs back . Was asked silly PL/SQ questions. Made a few mistakes about features no one uses. Was asked about why Oracle . Said 'coz its the company whose products I've used the most.

Interview Questions
    i was an idiot and took the peanuts they offered.

1st interviewer

1. given an array of integers how would you search an element?...I
    said binary search. He asked what is it and time complexity.
    2. He extended the above ques to n x n matrix where rows are sorted
    and columns are not. How will you search an element. He dint ask me to
    code.Just tell the algo and complexity
    3. Built further on the abv ques. Now both rows and columns are sorted.
    4. Abt my web apps project...abt HTTP request, servlets etc
    5. Model a deck of cards(this is v common ques...u will find in glass door)
    6. one thing you want to change abt amazon
    7. abt dns server

2nd interviewer

1. tell about a project you are working on this sem. What technologies?
    2. wht data stuc u knw?
    3.write a function isSubtree(tree t1, tree t2) to check if one tree is
    sub tree of other.
    4. write a func that takes in array and an int k and find all pairs
    that sum up to k

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of situational interview questions”   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Got 30 mins phone screen from hiring manager, and asked me some question regarding to background. later on asked me couple of technical question, like algorithm, design pattern. the hiring manager invited me for onsite interview at that moment. but 2 days later. got reject mail from recruiter, really confused.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Initial communications started at university career fair in college. We interacted for 15 minutes and ended with resume and contact information exchange. The HR department was quick to get back to me. They scheduled a technical phone screen with the technical lead. The phone screen consisted of talking about previous experience, programming languages, and university coursework. The on site interview consisted of three technical interviews. Everyone was very polite and nice.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was regarding relational databases and operations. Be sure to study these topics including more advanced SQL operations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The first round in the recruitment process of Oracle was the written test. It was an online written test. The test consisted of 6 sections: logical reasoning, aptitude, programming, English and a 5 minute quick test. I cannot recall the 6th section. In 5 minute quick test section the questions were like finding the incorrect number in the given sequence of numbers or finding the next number in the given sequence of numbers and so on. In programming section the questions were from data structure and database management. However, not a lot of weightage was given to this section, even a candidate who had performed well in the other sections but not so well in the programming section qualified for the next round.

Oracle shortlisted 40 students for the interview round.

Interview:
    Round 1: Personal Interview

In the interview I was asked some programming questions and some puzzles.

Some of the programming questions were:

What is binary search? Write down the code for the binary search for finding a number given a series of numbers.
    Finding the power of a number. For example 2^3

Interview Questions
    • If there are 8 coins out of which 7 are of the same weight and the remaining one with slightly different weight then how to determine the odd coin in three ‘weightings’ using spring balance. All the coins are of the same dimension
      There are 100 steps and an ice cube. There is a particular step and all the steps above it from where if the ice cube is thrown then the ice cube would break. What is the minimum number of tries required to determine that step.

Answer Question