Oracle

Updated Feb 25, 2015
1,501 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Met with 3 Groups on 2 different days. Oracle people are very nice, from Recruiters to managers. They managed to create a pleasant conversational environment and never put pressure on you. Very few technical questions, the process is quite smooth. They arranged lunch with two alumni, very informative and considerate. But they raise a high bar for selecting candidates for onsite. I think this is why Oracle interview is easy but still can hire talented people.

Interview Questions
    • It depends on groups that are interested in you. Some groups asks algorithm coding questions while others place more emphasis on communication and behavior. Anyway, you can assume nothing in advance, be prepared for data structure, algorithms and basic technical questions. After all, for a software engineer position, the responsibility is to write code every day.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

Two phone interviews and an on-site interview that was very intense. Overall the hiring process was smooth and efficient, with interviewers helping to establish a friendly but professional dialogue with the interviewee. As I said before, the on-site at HQ was intense, but I came out of it feeling great and confident in my performance.

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle.

The Interview was in 3 rounds, 1st was telephonic 2nd and 3rd were Face to Face. Lot of Technical Questions . They are pretty much concerned about the dates and period you write in Resume . In 2nd round manager told me that they are very concerned on dates . I had written as Jan 2015 but it is actually Dec 2014. I didnt tell him in 2nd round nor I remembered what i wrote in my CV as i had drafted it before leaving my last job. Later when I saw it was Jan 2015. In 3rd round I told another manager that it is Dec 2014 and apologised to him saying I am sorry that it was a mistake.

I have changed 3 jobs in 3 years due to personal issues. I am not sure if they would consider me . Profile is good and my interview also went well just that I made silly mistakes of all this.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

My first and second interviews with Oracle were over the phone. They recruiters, interviewers, and hiring managers want to make sure the interviewee is fluid and good at talking on the phone since a majority of the job is cold calling. Overall it was a good experience. The interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to, and didn't very difficult questions.

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Recruited at college campus. Had one phone interview and then invited to a pre-interview dinner prior to a second interview. A few days later, I was Invited to go into the office for two 30 minute interviews with two different people. They asked behavioral questions and had to guide them through the resume. Very nice people.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions. Why sales? Why Oracle? When working in a group, was there a time when there was a uneven distribution of work? How did you fix this and what were the outcomes? What is a goal that you wanted to achieve but failed?   Answer Question

Marketing Placement, Hospitality and Retail Division Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

Telephone interview followed by an assessment centre. Telephone interview consisted

Assessment centre did not have a one-on-one interview but consisted of group work, individual test, individual proof reading and an individual presentation already prepared before the interview. We were also ask to create an advert and send it to Oracle before the assessment centre however this was not discussed during the assessment centre and we received no feed back on it (essentially this task felt like a big waste of time).

Interview Questions
    • Telephone interview:
      - Why would you like to work for Oracle?
      - Why have you applied for the specific role?
      - What is your biggest weakness?

Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

I've only went through the first interview which is by phone. The whole interview took about 20 minutes. Like your typical interview, she asked Why Oracle, Why sales, how do you handle rejection, what's your two biggest motivation in the workplace, What skills can you bring to the workplace based on your prior experiences

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2014.

I Applied online. It's a one-month process. Got a technical phone interview from one manager. He asked which field that I'm interested in. I said both Digital and Analog Circuit Design. Then he went on to ask lots of technical questions. You have to know all the fundamentals for the interview both on Digital and Analog Circuit. The phone interview last for about 45 min.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Setup/hold Time
      2. What are the parameters that you need to know in a timing path?
      3. When should you use synchronous/asynchronous clock?
      4. What is leakage current?
      5. What is DIBL?
      6. Details about the projects that you've done.

Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

The interview process was very straightforward. I had an on-campus interview that took roughly 30-45 minutes, and was very straightforward. I explained that I'm interested in moving on to a sales role, and I tried to come off excited about sales. The hiring manager and I walked through my resume and she told me a lot about the position.

Then, I had a phone interview about a week later that was also easy. Simple questions about my interests, what I'm looking for, etc. Finally, I had another on-campus interview with a former BDC, and we talked about the position, why I would be a good fit, etc. The next day, I got a phone call with a verbal offer. The written offer came about two weeks later.

Straightforward process for me, and the recruiters do an excellent job making sure all your questions are answered. They got me in touch with other BDC's just so I could chat with them to get more perspective on the position. The hiring manager was also VERY helpful in getting me the location I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard in any of the interviews. Walk through resume, why you want Oracle, BDC, etc.   Answer Question

Deal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in October 2011.

Three interviews - one evaluating the language, one evaluating previous experience and if you are fit for the job and the last one with a member of senior management. The questions were rather situational since it's an interview for a junior position. Language skills are really important.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult situations in which I found myself, situational questions   Answer Question