Oracle

1,220 candidate interviews

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer
Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview Details – They take two months to generate the offer letter after selection. Hiring process includes
1 written test + 5 levels interview
3 Technical + 1 Managerial + 1 Director

Interview Question – They will drill you down to test your skill set. Be careful what is written in your resume. If you are going for an application engineer profile you should also be very good in database / SQL queries.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate in the beginning since you won't get any hike for next 2 or 3 years. Join this organization if you want some challenging task and quality work . This is not the right place for you if you want to make money. You will be offered less as per the market standard. They give you maximum 30% hike if you were really good in your interview.

Tax Interview

Tax
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call that my resume was short listed. Was callked for the interview. One day process. Total of Three rounds. Each round was with team member, manager and then director of the team respectively. Got a call after 6 months saying I got shortlisted for the job and if i wanted to accept the same.

Interview Question – Technical questions about course work you did in college or project report without even looking at the question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Campus Interview and Onsite. Group members will talk with you when you have onsite interview. After a month, decision will be emailed to you. And HR will contact you about it.

Interview Question – System Design   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Business Development Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone screeen by HR, spoke to another hiring manager to set up day long interview. One day 4 rounds of about 30 minutes a piece, and was interviewed by a team. Was offered a position one day after interviewing, but took 3 weeks to process before I was able to start.

Interview Question – Had to present a business memo for pursuing an industry   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation at this level 13 days vacation, unlimited sick days, this is a jump off point into any role within Oracle.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I went throught Employee referral- interview was easy.. they asked to write code only.. code from project. And asked about project..how the idea came.. who and all worked with u. And then qns from java as i said i am comfortable in java. Completely all qns are from ur resumes.

Interview Question – They asked me to write a part of my project from that they asked me to modify it..   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Redwood City, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Skype interview then Phone interview. Skype interview was an informational interview + some questions about why sales, why oracle, etc. Then a phone interview with someone who had my position who asked similar questions. I could tell by the end of this interview that I was going to get the job.

Reason for Declining – They were hiring too many people it seemed like

QA Interview

QA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview Details – ask what you did in history , what 's your expectation about salary. what's your reason to leave for previous company , and what SQL statement 's results for joins. what do you know about java, perl, C++ etc. ask for functions you know about your programming language.

Interview Question – not so difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – so far away from my home

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in May 2011.

Interview Details – International from uk 3 meeting interesting innovative presentation skills oriented personality check great emphaty 90 day plans requested at first through limkedin then phone interv with uk recruiter then manager in milan then another meeting presentation with italy team then presales manager and finally again the manager

Negotiation Details – Timing specialization

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details – College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Question – A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

Interview Details – -Applied online, received email from recruiter next day and set up interview,

-interviewed with recruiter over phone about resume and basic information

-set up interview with manager, interviewed with manager over the phone, was asked about 4-5 questions about handling deadlines and availability to work overtime

-was contacted by recruiter for third interview with hiring manager

-had phone interview with hiring manager, asked about 7-8 questions about working in teams, handling conflicts with co-workers, and overcoming challenges

-received phone call by manager negotiating salary

-received offer after background check cleared

Interview Question – Describe a time when you knew you were going to miss a deadline and what was your strategy to fix missing the deadline....   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!