Oracle

1,104 candidate interviews

Very Easy Interview

Associate Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received an email through my university department that Oracle was looking for hires, so I forwarded my resume. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was very negative about my demeanor and told me that I would have to improve when talking to the hiring managed. Briefly introduced myself to the recruiter at the career fair the following week. After the career fair, they invited everyone who had spoke to them to pizza that night. Following this, I received an invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I did the following week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager seemed completely uninterested in my background and really just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting myself into. I got a call later that evening telling me I had got the job. Overall, the whole experience lasted less than 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, it was all straightforward situation/behavior questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I could tell from the entire recruitment process that they were not interested in my background or skills, they just wanted warm bodies to fill this position. It seemed WAY too easy to get this job, and thus it appeared that it was a undesirable position. I know several other people who took this job coming out of college, and are now actively looking for other jobs because they didn't like this one.

Financial Analyst Interview

Morrisville, NC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Oracle in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty standard. I had a phone interview. Then came into the office for three 1on1 interviews with individuals that I would be working for or with if i got the job. I then came in another day to interview with a VP. I believe at that point it was down to either one other candidate or myself. I was then told that I I would receive a phone call in a few days with an offer. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Question – What do i think about the Euro and where it is heading?   View Answer

Software Engineer (Software Developer II) Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the hiring manager the very next day. He talked to me about his team and their products. He asked me a few questions about my background to see if I would be a match. He then scheduled three technical phone screens with senior developers. (Posted the questions below).

Once the phone screens were done, I was given a five hour coding exercise in Java. Once I submitted the code, it was reviewed and withing two days, I was called in for an on-site interview at Dallas.

Onsite interview consisted of three technical interviews with two of the same people who already interviewed me on phone, and one new member of the team. I also talked to the Director, Senior Director and VP during the day.

Then they took me to a team lunch, where everyone from the team were present; it was a really long lunch and not the typical lunch interviews you see in an onsite interview. It was fun.

After the lunch, there was a group interview. The manager, along with 3 other senior developers from the team interviewed me in a conference room where I was asked a lot of technical questions, asked to write algorithms and two or three behavioral questions as well..

Once the group interview was over, the Hiring Manager took me around in his car to take a look around the north Dallas area for about an hour. Another new thing I have noticed in an interview.

Later the very next day, I was told that they are satisfied with me and talked briefly about the offer. I was able to negotiate a few thousand dollars. However I could not get any relocation / joining bonus.

The background check was started and it took one month for it to complete. The manager approval process was happening in parallel. Once the background check was done, I received an email with the offer notification the very next day.

Overall it was a pleasant experience interviewing with this team. They were more friendly and open minded than any other team(or company) I have interviewed with.

Interview Question – Phone interview 1:
1. Questions about my projects and work experience
2. Questions from Java - OOPS concepts and multithreading - Nothing unexpected.
3. Some questions about web services and SOA.

Phone interview 2:
1. Questions about my previous work experience
2. Lot of java questions - again, nothing unexpected
3. A simple algorithm question, where I was just asked to orally tell him how I solved a particular problem
4. Questions about design patterns

Phone interview 3 and 4:
1. Questions about my project
2. Software Security concepts
3. Some cryptography and OS related questions
4. A coding question to validate structure of a URL

On-Site interview questions:
1. A puzzle about what doors will be open and closed when 100 people visit all of 100 doors, with some conditions. I don't remember it exactly.
2. There are apples with same weight in each of the ten boxes except one. Find out which box it is using just one use of the weighing scale.
3. Lot of questions on Java
4. Write a program that would take a phone number as input and validate it
5. Implement the functionality of Math.abs() in a single line
6. Design an elevator system - OOPS design
7. Some more algorithm questions that I don't remember
8. One of the interviewer had a print out of java code samples and asked me what the output will be and what code fix has to be done etc...
9. What are the five most important things you expect in your job?
10. Where do you see yourself in 2 months after you join the team, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years.. lol
11. A puzzle where there are two people where one person always lies and the other person always tells the truth. We should ask them a question and get the right answer. We should ask just one question.

I remember only so much...
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hiring Manager talked to me about the offer package and I was kind of satisfied with the offer. However, when I received the offer letter, I was surprised to see they had offered me more(just a few thousand dollars) than what was discussed.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Principal Support Engineer Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very slow. CEO personally approves every hire (literally)

Interview Question – Do not remember - too long ago   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Obtain a salary that you can live with during your tenure, because Oracle almost never gives pay increases - even to top performers.

Veirification Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – The manager is nice. He asked about basic questions such as verilog questions, ckt timing questions, function of DFF, FIFO and so on. Questions a little higher level such as Tomasulo Algorithm, Cache Coherency were asked, too. Questions are friendly. He also asked about courses situation and knowledge about verification.

Interview Question – Tomasulo Algorithm pipeline stages.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – First round of telephonic conversation, followed by extensive and in-depth face to face discussions.

Interview Question – Nothing as such unexpected. But was asked to create overall design/implementation details.   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – 1 pre-screening to discuss general information about me, and then 3 technical interviews mostly related to OS, computer architecture, data structures and java. Finally office visit and meet each member of team for 30 mins each. I met 4 member total of 2 hrs, all was general and technical discussion.

Interview Question – Which IPC process is better ?
Why multiple inheritance is not provided in java but it is in c++.
  Answer Question

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Santa Clarita, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted a recruiter on linkedin and he set up an phone screen

UVM/OVM knowledge
Experience related questions
Verification approach
Functional verification strategy

Interview Question – Given an async fifo, tell the testplan --> complicated fifo with lot of requirements..(writes are done by 3 masters. there is an arbiter).   Answer Question

Incentive Compensation Analyst Interview

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Interview Details – Call with HR department, went on a test interview - Excel + email writing to an annoyed sales representative; final interview with 2 managers

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university and received an offer for an interview on campus the following week. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and it was fairly behavioral. The recruiter had me walk him through my resume and he would stop and ask questions concerning each activity. He asked me a few difficult questions but I think it was just to see how I handled myself in certain situations since the role is primarily sales. I received a job offer on the spot and accepted a few weeks later. The internal process is kind of lengthy but it's understandable with such a large company with sensitive data.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything too unexpected or difficult. They want to see your competitive spirit and drive that aligns with the position and the mission of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my starting date as well as a relocation allocation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle interview questions and advice. All 1,104 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.