Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015
1,559 Interview Reviews

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Three phone interviews with Sales Managers from across the U.S. None from the office I was going to work in. Very disjointed process with almost no follow up. Did not know if I was moving along in the interview process, and then would randomly be contacted to set up an interview. After third interview was not told next steps, but received email containing offer about a month later.

Interview Questions

• How I worked in teams versus working alone.   1 Answer

Had more exciting offer. Less pay but more responsibilities and in city I wanted to be in.

Business and Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists of two phone interviews and one final in-person conversation. The two phone interviews lasted about 15 minutes each. They mainly wanted to know how my past experience applied to sales, what I knew about the position and company, and, of course, why I should be hired. Overall the process was pretty straightforward; no role-playing or gimmicks, just basic questions. They are mostly looking for confidence, communication skills, and enthusiasm toward the company.

Software Developer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle (Bedford, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through online job board. Recruiter contacted me almost immediately. Manager contacted in 2 days and scheduled 4 hour phone interview. There were 3-4 interviewer and it was done through phone/skype. They were mostly interested in networking background and core programming skills. Mostly focused around the role. The did have a tendency to ask questions from your answers repeatedly. They were not interested much in your learning capacity or personality. The interview was only focused on Technical aspects.

Interview Questions

• Revolved around C/C++ programming concepts (dynamic memory allocation, Data structures, inheritance, virtual functions, OOPs concepts)
      Operating Systems (Semaphore, Scheduling)
      Networking protocols especially SIP, RTP and TCP/IP
      Network analyzing tools
      Network/Socket programming
      Protol headers etc

Answer Question

Undefined Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Step 1) Phone screening with recruiter
    Step 2) Social Event - Held at the Four Seasons in Redwood City, mingle with many other candidates and several hiring managers from Oracle's various sales teams prior to a presentation from an executive, and a group interview in which 4-7 candidates speak with a pair of managers from a selected sales team.
    Step 3) At a time determined prior to the Social event, if you receive a call back candidates are brought back in for one on one interviews with managers on different teams.
    Step 4) Additional Phone interview

I ended the process at this point and accepted a position with a different company

Interview Questions

• 1) How many years have you worked as a quota carrying sales rep?
      2) List your typical steps during a sales cycle?
      3) How have you been successful?
      4) How did you succeed at hitting your sales goal while the rest of your team did not?

Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very Basic Interview Questions, if you prepare and are motivated you should get the job. Need to be able to sound energetic and lively over the phone. Make sure to speak a lot about relevant experience that you have had that make you perfect for sales.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

A friend referred me to his hiring manager. After several weeks passed finally had a phone screen.
    Hiring manager was more interested in my LinkedIn contacts because he had a role to fill.
    Another many weeks passed and hiring manager arranged phone screen with his tech guy.

Hiring manager sends me a hint that we should link up just because we had a interview.
    LinkedIn policy is we must meet in person. I also hold a high bar who I link up with.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anyone who might fit the role?
      You may be overqualified so I need to know what is your salary expectation?

1 Answer

Sales and Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

One brief phone interview, followed by two 30 minute interviews. Mainly questions about why you want to work there and why you would be a good fit. No hard questions. Overall a good experience. Mainly depends on who you get as an interviewer and how well you two click. Wasn't the hardest interview I've had before, but wasn't the easiest either.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Sales and Business Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Pretty fast process. The HR office is really attentive to your questions. First interview was basically behavioral. Questions such as why you, goals you have achieved, why sales, how do you measure success, any awards or achievements. At the end of the interview she told me I passed to the second round. The next day they called me from the HR office to add me to the facebook on campus recruiting group, and to set a phone interview. I found this kind of weird; I don't know why they add you to the oracle group if you still have to go through another interview before they accept you. It felt as if they were already accepting me, but at the end they didn't. Anyway second interview went well as well, they asked me to act as if I was trying to sell them something. Even though they told me I had all the qualities, they found that my goals of going to Law School in the future did not match up with the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales?   Answer Question
    • Where will you be in five years?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience in sales? Experience in cold-calling sales? How many people do you think you will be calling a week.   1 Answer

IPad Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for position on company website and received a request for a phone screening a few days later. Initial call was with an HR recruiter and covered general information about my background and provided a little information about the position/team. Found out the team for this position was spread between a few locations in the US.

A few days after my call with HR I received an email from a department admin to set up a call with what would be a peer on the team (based in Austin). Call with the peer dove into the actual day-to-day duties of the position. Questions/conversation focused on my background and relating a lot of my past experiences to the new potential position/duties.

Received another email from the admin 2 days later to set up a call with the next level up in the hiring chain (based in Denver). Similar to the first call, most questions dealt more with my background and the daily tasks of the position.

Admin emailed me 2 days after this call to set up an interview with the Director of the group (Based in San Diego). The position would initially report into him. Assumed the questions in this interview would be a little "higher level" than the past 2 calls and they were. Don't remember any specifics, but little was discussed on the day-to-day level and more broad reaching questions. When asked about the process moving forward I was told they'd likely identify 1-2 candidates to fly to HQ for in-person interviews.

At this point I had 3 phone interviews in a week. Was a little shocked at how fast this went given Oracle's size, but took it to be a good sign. A week after my call with the Director I emailed my HR contact to see if there was any update on the hiring process. Was told they'd check with the Director and let me know.

A few hours after my email to HR I received an email from the manager based here in CO asking to meet up for lunch. We met for lunch a few days later. Was more conversational and much less "interview", although we did delve into some job-related items. Was a little awkward at times but went okay. Was told I had the "most impressive resume" of any candidates, so felt that was a good sign.

After another week passed, I reached out to HR to see if they had any update on the process or had identified the candidates they wanted to fly in for in-person interviews. Was told all feedback HR had received from the hiring team (about me) was positive and they hoped to make a decision about the in-person interviews within the next week. A week after this email I received an email from HR notifying me they were moving forward with other candidates who seemed a potential better fit in the long term.

Was told in my initial HR call the hiring process at Oracle can take some time and they weren't kidding. As mentioned above, I was surprised my 3 phone interviews (not counting initial HR call) all happened within about a weeks time. After that it got a little tedious with the waiting game, although my HR contact was always very timely with their responses. From start to finish the entire process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• At the end of one of my interviews, the interviewer asked me "What do you want me to remember from this conversation?"   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The first question was graph's k coloring, which was difficult and didn't prepare for it. Answered using recursive to solve and asked the interviewer a few questions to clarify the problem. Tried but didn't complete the solution.

Interview Questions

• Giving m color, find whether it can coloring the graph with n vertex.   Answer Question