Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details – College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Question – A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Very professional hiring process, but you have to be patient, as sometime it takes time. I was approached by recruiter, and it took about 8 weeks from first contact to job offer. Had 2 FTF and 3 phone interviews. Once I was done with interviews, I got the offer within 3-4 days.

Interview Question – Can't recall any difficult questions, mostly scenario based.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This was a tough one, as I was willing to accept a relatively lower total compensation at Oracle, but my company really did go out of the way to keep me and offered me a significant bump in salary, and gave me huge RSU package to stay. Challenge with Oracle is that they can't offer structured bonus (since it's discretionary) and I was told that Oracle doesn't offer RSU, so I was leaving significant $$ RSU to join Oracle but they couldn't give me any incentive beyond fixed base salary. This was a deal breaker, as for most high tech companies Director and above makes 30-40% of their compensation in RSU/bonus and Oracle can't meet that. In fairness to Oracle they did offer me a higher base salary then I was making (prior to my company bumping that as well) but it was not good enough. In general I found Oracle to be a good company, if you are satisfied with a 50 percentile level salary for your job and looking for good work-life balance.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward. One phone interview followed by 6 onsite.

Onsite interviews were - 3 coding, 2 technical but not coding - one managerial. Lunch interview with manager in which he asked design questions

Interview Question – Pretty standard   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – Recruited at college career fair to come in and interview with their recruiter, after was offered a time to have a phone interview to speak with someone from management

Interview Question – Describe a time that you failed, what do you think are the key components to success, etc.   Answer Question

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Applications Sales Representative

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Met with a university recruiter at a career fair on campus. Had 3 phone interviews with various sales team members. All interviews were very similar. All behavioral questions and overall assessing your potential fit within the company.

Interview Question – List 2 things that you've recently accomplished in your life. What was the most valuable thing that you accomplished at your past job?   Answer Question

BDC Interview

BDC
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Takes a while to get paperwork through. Will tell you proposed starting date, but that can change! Be sure to get confirmed start date in written form before putting in your 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Will ask you what you know about Oracle - who is our CEO, what is our size, what else do you know about Oracle   View Answer

Oracle Enterprise Architect Interview

Oracle Enterprise Architect
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

Interview Details – There were 3 phone interviews via phone in addition to the recruiter. The first two interviews were very technical. Plan on knowing a lot about different technologies and hardware. There was “white boarding” via webex. The 3rd call was a normal management interview.
The hiring process took about 30 days, but it was well worth the wait.

Interview Question – Very Technical across technologies and platforms. Be prepared to whiteboard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The process took a while.

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – 4 phone interview and 2 face to face. 4 interview were technical and one situational and one managerial round. overall it was pleasant experience . they look for logical person with lots of aptitude knowledge

Interview Question – all questions were about what I had done in past .situational question were like most difficult task I took and completed   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle in September 2010.

Interview Details – meetings with managers and developers, get introduced to the projects, discuss my own experience, talk to multiple groups in the same day, have lunch together, questions about personality, no technical questions, people are all very nice

Interview Question – no difficult question   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – The hiring process was smooth, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, followed by three phonic interview with multiple people across the globe and then on-site interview. Most of the interview was focused around my resume.