Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
1,315 Interview Reviews

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

I ran across Oracle at a job fair at my school. I interviewed with a recruiter over Skype. I then had a phone interview with a Sales Manager in SF.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

For project manager position in Oracle Utilities Analytics (formerly DataRaker) group. Internal recruiter initiated by contacting me through LinkedIn. Recruiter phone interview was immediate followed by hiring manager phone interview. Hiring manager said they would like to bring me in for on-site, which was scheduled then canceled. I was told that due to people being out of the office, they had to re-schedule but I never heard back from either the recruiter or the hiring manager, even after I followed up a couple of weeks later.

I felt pressure from both the recruiter and the hiring manager to be rushed along, and, although they were courteous enough, I felt like a commodity. For example, when I asked to schedule the phone screen a day or two out, the recruiter asked if I could move it up if we did 7 or 8 pm. He was 30 min late, at 7 pm. He asked for my resume but didn't send me the job posting until I asked for it. The hiring manager phone interview was for 2 pm on the same day he emailed me. After the on site was canceled, there was no communication, not even a rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall the specific questions but it was mostly reviewing the resume.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Get a chance to directly contact the hiring manager and then a telephone interview. The telephone interview is a combination of technical and HR questions. Next one day onsite interview -- all are technical questions and describing past projects.

Systems Analyst, Process Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Hiring process was easy, not intense, rather pleasant. It was done on a 1 to 1 with a couple of managers and few employees. The lunch part with the Manager was a good experience chit-chatting non work related things.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate anything - basically accepted whatever they offered.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

I took 2 interviews. The process was very long. Was very hard. I was'nt feeling challenged enough also. I dint like the uptight feel at oracle. Id rather work at facebook or twitter even workday.

Interview Questions

I had gotten a better offer.

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Initial contact was very easy to set up as I was dealing directly with a recruiter. Contact thereafter was a bit patchy and really only led anywhere when I pressed the recruiter for details. The "HR questions" weren't too bad and all of the people I spoke with were very personable when I could get them on the phone. The process was smooth in transitioning from one phase to another.

Interview Questions
    • When I spoke with the regional manager, he asked me to make a small sales pitch for an item - which was surprising because he had just finished explaining to me that this was not a true sales role.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

Interview offered after an academic visit to the company headquarter: during the visit, the contact of the company and the professor agreed on looking for an internship opportunities for some students, and in few hours we were given the chance of an interview. Two days later, the interview lasted 3 hours and consisted in several company employees asking the most diverse questions about CS and in particular about my work field and thesis, from general questions about my prior work to very detailed questions. Moreover, some interviewers checkedmy programming and designing skills by asking me to program with C language and to design a circuit that implements a memory.

Interview Questions
    • Which changes would you make to the CPU cache architecture to improve it? Would you be able to design a memory?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asia, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asia, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2014.

Telephone and 1st interview. They didn't provide any results over 1 month after interview. In addition, they didn't mention the salary rage. It seems they don't think about applicant's status and how to feel about the company.

Interview Questions
    • They had flexible two positions and needed to choose suitable applicant as their position.   Answer Question

Lead Interview

The process was very long. There were many rounds. But it was interesting and informative and managers made sure that they were hiring the right fit. Multiple rounds with manager. A long technical round.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle.

The interview process was ridiculous. All they asked for was a resume and then I got an email back telling me that I had been selected into their internship program. A few weeks later I heard from them about choosing a group. Definitely not what I expected!

Interview Questions
    As an intern, the offer was very generous. No negotiation necessary.