Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014
1,362 Interview Reviews

Product Support Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

3 Different Interviews, on time. Very detailed Interview, it was described the job and the expectations the have for the future candidate. Recruiters keep me posted with the status of my hiring

Interview Questions
    Takes some time to get the approvals to get hire, but you are notified and posted all the time

Contracts Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Had phone interview with manager. I believe the conversation focused more on what the position was like, and preparing me for the long hours at quarter end, as well as the difficulties of working with sales.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

Got an email from the recruiter (had submitted the resume during the career fair). HR provided a list of groups out of which we can select any number depending on our interest. Interviewed with 4 groups (1 hour 30 min each) back-to-back and got an offer from one of the managers on that day itself. That turned out to be best possible scenario since I wanted to work with that group right from the day I had chosen the group as one of my potential interests. Questions involved identifying bugs in a code, deep OS questions, white-board coding. Rigorous but delightful.

I got a more than expected offer and did not wish to negotiate on that considering the potential growth in the team.

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

I applied on LinkedIn, got an invite for a call within a week. The recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn and asked me to email her, I did. She asked me for a few time slots, and I provided her with them. She called me (7 minutes late) and explained the position to me. Then, she asked me to speak about myself and my experience. As I was about to tell her about myself, she cut me short by saying "I'm sorry I didn't realize you graduated a year ago. We're looking for someone with 2 years experience." I have 1 and 1/2 years of experience working full time and 1 and 1/2 continuous years of experience as an intern (working 30+ hours during the internship). She had my resume the whole time, contacted me on LinkedIn, and both places specified that I've graduated in 2013. How could she waste my time by not reading my profile or resume? Very disrespectful. I'm never applying to Oracle again.

Software Developer @ Microelectronic Division Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Contact by HR, then forward my resume to a manager. Then a senior engineering interviewed me. Overall it is not match with me. The engineer asked some software related question. Questions are required to talk in detail. Explain signal spy, how to implement it, what is given and what is the part you do.

Software Development Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

It took a long time to get contacted initially after applying. Once contacted, I had an initial phone screen with recruiter and with hiring manager. Went well so they scheduled additional phone screens with team members and brought me on site for face to face.

After a single round of interviews, I was told they were extremely interested and wanted to extend offer. 2 weeks later, after background and reference checks, I received a fair offer - exactly what I had asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Asked specific question about product install and usage. Fortunately, I had been using it for a few weeks before interview.   Answer Question

Deal Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Was called for phone interview first. Then had an in-person interview with three managers. This was followed by another phone interview by a remote manager. They asked about my background and also had some script questions. I was hired as a contractor and later an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself more independent or detail oriented.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Was contacted by the campus recruiter for Oracle by email and asked to send in an updated resume. I think they must have gotten my resume through the career fair..

Sent in my resume, and I was called for an on site interview directly. There was no phone interview which was surprising to me. The interview process was quite straight forward and it lasted one day. Started early morning (around 8:30 or 9) and left the Oracle office by 7 PM...

I think I interviewed with around 6 teams, all in database group based on my resume. After the interview, I was contacted in 10 days with an offer, and I could chose any team I want...

The interview was not difficult. And alot of the interview was focused on my past projects, so Operating Systems and Networking, File Systems etc. There were some minor coding questions but they didnt stress too much on Algos/data structures.

Some questions (concurrency based) were quite intricate and required a very deep understanding of the process stack and parameter passing and what not... But what I really found was that the questions were very much based on what these guys use everyday, rather than any gotcha questions to stifle the candidate. All the interviewers were great, very polite and I felt very comfortable throughout the process....

Interview Questions
    • I was given a code snippet, which involved multi threading and was asked to find a race condition. The race condition was very subtle and was not explicit in the code.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiaiton, since it was a college hire and it was my first job.

Vice President Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

NA - acquisition related job opportunity. During M&A process they provided an offer letter for me to sign after conducting a background check. No interview or anything else.

NA

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

I had a half hour phone interview, then an assignment, which was a mock pitch to a CMO. After the hiring director approved of the assignment, I flew in to have four face-to-face interviews. I received their verdict two weeks after the face-to-face. The whole process took about one month.