Oracle

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014
1,397 Interview Reviews

Intern Interview

Had a friend forward my resume to someone on the marketing team, who then got back to me regarding potential internships. It was about a 2-3 month process from initial outreach to signing the contract. Had probably 5-7 phone interviews, nothing in person. Very friendly staff and extremely helpful answering any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    I did not try to negotiate, so I am unsure of that process.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

On phone screening and then an onsite interview. Multiple groups showed interest. Interviewed for 2 hours with each of them. Questions on Transistor characterisitcs, sizing, setup hold time and questions on resume.

Software Engineer Interview

contacted by recruiter, had a quick chat over phone with hr about starting time and interests. hr sent me a list of 8 groups to rank, then they scheduled interview with 4 groups, two of which are in boston area. the interviews are mostly non technical, and vary a lot from group to group. groups in boston are more technical. everyone is very friendly. asked many behavioral questions.

Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

was contacted by HR representative, was told that manager will contact to schedule technical interview. Almost 3 weeks later manager contacted for a technical screening. Asked java and database questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some advanced database questions for a java developer position.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

I got an email from an on-campus recruiter to schedule a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes.
    Why Oracle?
    Why sales?
    Did you have any cold calling experience?

I did not get into the second round interview, so I'm not sure what the second interview would be like.

IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Got a call from the recruiter, and had a quick convo. She then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that, the hiring manager set up an interview with a peer on the team, then with about 3 other people on separate teams.

Negotiation was with the Hiring Manager

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

One round interview. Met four interviewers from each section of the tax team. One-on-one with each of interviewer for about 10-30 minutes each. I was asked when will I be able to start working at the very beginning. Then Self-introduction at first. Some technical questions related to tax terminologies like business start up expense treatment, etc. Excel skill level. Be prepared to answer any questions on the resume items. Also prepare at least 10 questions for the interviewers.

Visa issue

Sale Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

It was a very lengthy interview process and from start to finish it took 5 months' time. I first spoke with the VP of Sales and then with the Sales Director. There appeared to be an interest in hiring me, but there was a vast amount of time from the submission of my application to my last interview.

Product Support Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

3 Different Interviews, on time. Very detailed Interview, it was described the job and the expectations the have for the future candidate. Recruiters keep me posted with the status of my hiring

Interview Questions
    Takes some time to get the approvals to get hire, but you are notified and posted all the time

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

Got an email from the recruiter (had submitted the resume during the career fair). HR provided a list of groups out of which we can select any number depending on our interest. Interviewed with 4 groups (1 hour 30 min each) back-to-back and got an offer from one of the managers on that day itself. That turned out to be best possible scenario since I wanted to work with that group right from the day I had chosen the group as one of my potential interests. Questions involved identifying bugs in a code, deep OS questions, white-board coding. Rigorous but delightful.

I got a more than expected offer and did not wish to negotiate on that considering the potential growth in the team.