Oracle

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015
1,466 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer II Interview

campus hiring process: hand in the resume on the campus hiring event, got an email for the company hr, schedule the onsite interview, got email to select the groups which are interested in your background, select groups you are interested, got an email for the interview schedule for each group, onsite interview, need to reply within two days after the interview. got the offer.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

You would be called by a specific team and all question will be based on the work they do
    Followed by couple of technical interviews
    Then called up by HR to finish off the process

Applications Sales Representative - III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

Had 2 phone interviews, the first being a pre-screener and the second being 3 hours of back to back interviews with ASM's. The interview process seemed quick and painless but be aware the background check is incredibly thorough and can take 2 to 3 months to complete. Worth it in the end though.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Employee referral. One day later had a phone interview, followed by a 3 person panel interview the following week with the managers. The next week I got a call saying they were putting me through the workflow - which means they are hiring you assuming all goes well with the process. Took 3-4 weeks total. Interview was a little intimidating with 3 people. Asked mostly why sales, why Oracle, what-if scenarios and experience-based questions. First job out of college.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a time you had to overcome a problem. Tell us a time you turned a "no" to a "yes"   Answer Question
    Barely a negotiation phase. They told me what I would get before I even had the offer. I had no experience so I couldn't negotiate.

Technology Sales Representative Interview

5 interviews, 3 by phone. They don't often hire from the outside so take advantage if they are talking to you. Negotiate hard for a good base because it's impossible to change once you are in! Phone screen then phone 1:1 with my manager then his manager then presentation given to 3 people in sales org.

Performance Architect Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2014.

Good follow-up and coordination by the Oracle recruiter. Interview was setup very quickly with the hiring manager after the initial contact.

Interview with hiring manager was one of the worst interview experiences I've had in more than 20 years. Initially it was just her talking about her department and their responsibilities. I threw out a few questions along the way to get more info. She seemed more interested in hearing herself talk than really conveying the importance of the job. Later came the technical questions and admittedly I knew some and others I did not. This went on for about 15 minutes and then will only 3 minutes left in the 30 minute interview the manager very abruptly spouted out that her manager was on the other line and she had to go. Her parting words were that she would email me. If you guessed there was no follow-up you were dead-on the money.

It felt so rude I was in shock. There was literally no time for me to even compose a response to that childish behavior.

Interview Questions
    • What tools would you use to assess performance problems within a low level DB call in the Java stack.   View Answer

I Was Interviewing for the Sales and Buissness Representative Position Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

The hiring process began with a brief introduction and 15 minute conversation at a college career fair. I then had a 30 minute phone call with a recruiter. The phone interview asked you to explain your previous experience and go through your resumes, why sales, very basic stuff. Then I had a in person interview for about 30 minutes where the same questions were asked as the first phone interview and then got a verbal offer on the spot after.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be good in a sales position?   View Answer

I declined because I got another offer from another company.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview process took about three months and I had five interviews. They ask very simple behavioral questions but the job is extremely competitive so you have to be creative with your answers. Basically they want to know if you are a good communicator and a hard working person. You don't have to be a business major to get the job.

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Got the job through University recruiting. Process was very smooth and painless. Felt cared for and values throughout and enjoyed getting the job in the end! Interviews were not too tricky and pretty comfortable but still professional. Easily the best hiring process I've ever experienced.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

very easy. all of it was done over the phone. They were very eager to hire someone into the role but didn't have it well thought out as to what exactly the person would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • none, really, they just used it as an opportunity to rag on other companies   Answer Question
    it took them one day to come up with an offer and two weeks to get it approved