Oracle

1,241 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Consultant Interview

Business Development Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone screeen by HR, spoke to another hiring manager to set up day long interview. One day 4 rounds of about 30 minutes a piece, and was interviewed by a team. Was offered a position one day after interviewing, but took 3 weeks to process before I was able to start.

Interview Question – Had to present a business memo for pursuing an industry   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation at this level 13 days vacation, unlimited sick days, this is a jump off point into any role within Oracle.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Redwood City, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Skype interview then Phone interview. Skype interview was an informational interview + some questions about why sales, why oracle, etc. Then a phone interview with someone who had my position who asked similar questions. I could tell by the end of this interview that I was going to get the job.

Reason for Declining – They were hiring too many people it seemed like

QA Interview

QA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview Details – ask what you did in history , what 's your expectation about salary. what's your reason to leave for previous company , and what SQL statement 's results for joins. what do you know about java, perl, C++ etc. ask for functions you know about your programming language.

Interview Question – not so difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – so far away from my home

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details – College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Question – A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

Interview Details – -Applied online, received email from recruiter next day and set up interview,

-interviewed with recruiter over phone about resume and basic information

-set up interview with manager, interviewed with manager over the phone, was asked about 4-5 questions about handling deadlines and availability to work overtime

-was contacted by recruiter for third interview with hiring manager

-had phone interview with hiring manager, asked about 7-8 questions about working in teams, handling conflicts with co-workers, and overcoming challenges

-received phone call by manager negotiating salary

-received offer after background check cleared

Interview Question – Describe a time when you knew you were going to miss a deadline and what was your strategy to fix missing the deadline....   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Very professional hiring process, but you have to be patient, as sometime it takes time. I was approached by recruiter, and it took about 8 weeks from first contact to job offer. Had 2 FTF and 3 phone interviews. Once I was done with interviews, I got the offer within 3-4 days.

Interview Question – Can't recall any difficult questions, mostly scenario based.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This was a tough one, as I was willing to accept a relatively lower total compensation at Oracle, but my company really did go out of the way to keep me and offered me a significant bump in salary, and gave me huge RSU package to stay. Challenge with Oracle is that they can't offer structured bonus (since it's discretionary) and I was told that Oracle doesn't offer RSU, so I was leaving significant $$ RSU to join Oracle but they couldn't give me any incentive beyond fixed base salary. This was a deal breaker, as for most high tech companies Director and above makes 30-40% of their compensation in RSU/bonus and Oracle can't meet that. In fairness to Oracle they did offer me a higher base salary then I was making (prior to my company bumping that as well) but it was not good enough. In general I found Oracle to be a good company, if you are satisfied with a 50 percentile level salary for your job and looking for good work-life balance.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward. One phone interview followed by 6 onsite.

Onsite interviews were - 3 coding, 2 technical but not coding - one managerial. Lunch interview with manager in which he asked design questions

Interview Question – Pretty standard   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – Recruited at college career fair to come in and interview with their recruiter, after was offered a time to have a phone interview to speak with someone from management

Interview Question – Describe a time that you failed, what do you think are the key components to success, etc.   Answer Question

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Applications Sales Representative

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Met with a university recruiter at a career fair on campus. Had 3 phone interviews with various sales team members. All interviews were very similar. All behavioral questions and overall assessing your potential fit within the company.

Interview Question – List 2 things that you've recently accomplished in your life. What was the most valuable thing that you accomplished at your past job?   Answer Question

BDC Interview

BDC
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Takes a while to get paperwork through. Will tell you proposed starting date, but that can change! Be sure to get confirmed start date in written form before putting in your 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Will ask you what you know about Oracle - who is our CEO, what is our size, what else do you know about Oracle   View Answer