Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014
1,349 Interview Reviews

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Was contacted by the campus recruiter for Oracle by email and asked to send in an updated resume. I think they must have gotten my resume through the career fair..

Sent in my resume, and I was called for an on site interview directly. There was no phone interview which was surprising to me. The interview process was quite straight forward and it lasted one day. Started early morning (around 8:30 or 9) and left the Oracle office by 7 PM...

I think I interviewed with around 6 teams, all in database group based on my resume. After the interview, I was contacted in 10 days with an offer, and I could chose any team I want...

The interview was not difficult. And alot of the interview was focused on my past projects, so Operating Systems and Networking, File Systems etc. There were some minor coding questions but they didnt stress too much on Algos/data structures.

Some questions (concurrency based) were quite intricate and required a very deep understanding of the process stack and parameter passing and what not... But what I really found was that the questions were very much based on what these guys use everyday, rather than any gotcha questions to stifle the candidate. All the interviewers were great, very polite and I felt very comfortable throughout the process....

Interview Questions
    • I was given a code snippet, which involved multi threading and was asked to find a race condition. The race condition was very subtle and was not explicit in the code.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiaiton, since it was a college hire and it was my first job.

Vice President Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

NA - acquisition related job opportunity. During M&A process they provided an offer letter for me to sign after conducting a background check. No interview or anything else.

NA

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

I had a half hour phone interview, then an assignment, which was a mock pitch to a CMO. After the hiring director approved of the assignment, I flew in to have four face-to-face interviews. I received their verdict two weeks after the face-to-face. The whole process took about one month.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

4 interviews with international tax groups and transfer pricing groups. The interviews were more like chatting, based on my resume. They were super nice and the office building was gorgeous..

Timing issue.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

Through college recruiting.
    Called me on the phone for pre-screening. It was very informal and I talked for the majority of the screening with questions about my resume and past experiences including school.
    2nd interview with manager on phone felt informal and at ease because of the easy-going nature of the manager.
    And a third interview face to face.

Physical Design Interview

6. characteristics of the mos transistor, Cgs, Cgd, W, L, current expression
    7. logic effort question
    8. electron migration quesiton
    9. carry look ahead adder

Interview Questions
    • Questions are not very difficult. Projects on resume will be asked in details.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I ran across Oracle at a job fair at my school. I interviewed with a recruiter over Skype. I then had a phone interview with a Sales Manager in SF.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Get a chance to directly contact the hiring manager and then a telephone interview. The telephone interview is a combination of technical and HR questions. Next one day onsite interview -- all are technical questions and describing past projects.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

Focused and intelligent. Interview with hiring executive, Sr HR manager, and several peers via telephone. Focus on what was needed in the role and asking how I would fit.

Interview Questions
    • Concerned about my high level of experience and becoming unchallenged   View Answer
    Oracle was concerned that I was happy and offered me the upper end of my ask but had no room for additional discussion agree the offer was made

Systems Analyst, Process Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

Hiring process was easy, not intense, rather pleasant. It was done on a 1 to 1 with a couple of managers and few employees. The lunch part with the Manager was a good experience chit-chatting non work related things.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate anything - basically accepted whatever they offered.