Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015
1,735 Interview Reviews

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Initial communication was through an email inquiry and I was soon called by an Oracle recruiter. First and subsequent interviews were all face to face. First with two levels of managers and final with VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• When faced with a highly challenging situations, what's your first reaction?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations can be difficult and I pushed back on the first offer. Now I wish I pushed back twice. Advice...get as much as you can upfront because raises are far and few between. If you're happy with your salary, then you'll be good. If you are just okay and think it'll grow over time...you will be highly disappointed.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I came in for an interview on site after two phone screens. After meeting with a Sales Managers and having a normal and relaxed conversation, I was interviewed by the hiring manager and their superior. I was asked about acquisition strategy, implementation processes, and a bunch of other unrelated topics by the hiring manager. None of which related directly to an entry level salesperson fresh out of college.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us? (knock on the door) Oh wait, nevermind, there's someone coming in to use this conference room. It was nice meeting you.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Bozeman, MT) in June 2015.

Interview

Slow response and little communication over interview process that lasted 3 months. Seemed like they forgot about candidates and then were in a panic to reconnect. I would suspect that they lose many candidates that take other jobs due to the time period from initial contact to final interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest strengths, 3 biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Three interviews (2 phone, 1 in-person): The first two are easy questions with one HR person and a BDR based in Boston. The final interview was on-campus with a VP of sales. The VP was perhaps the most cynical person I've ever met. I walked out of that interview disillusioned about the company culture and the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Oracle?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process started by connecting with recruiter on LinkedIn. The recruiter was very nice, well informed, and asked the right questions. Stated my skills are a great match to 2 different positions they were recruiting for. I applied to the positions and we went through a formal phone screen. The recruiter then forwarded my information to the hiring manager. The hiring manager said they would call between Monday and Wednesday. They never called so I reached out to the hiring manager for status. Was told the manager would call me sometime between Thursday and Friday. On Monday, without a call from the manager I called the hiring manager to decline the position. Felt that if the manager was not responsive in the hiring process that indicates the type of manager they would be. Disappointed as I am eager to work for Oracle and would love a PM position.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience, do you have a PMP certification, and have you managed multiple concurrent projects before?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Presentation and Interview. The presentation was a mock scenario used to gauge your ability to effectively convey information about Oracle products and brief well. With the proper preparation, it's a great opportunity to impress hiring managers. The interview was more a follow-up to the presentation and didn't seem to be as important, as you had already had previous interaction with the manager.

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated the ability to adapt and learn new skills prior to this position.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phoned and asked basic questions about employment backgroud, education and suitability to filling the role. The Recruiter was friendly, engaging and great about describing the role and the team that was seeking a Manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you held a direct supervisor role and if so how many direct reports did you have?   1 Answer

Sales and Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary and no surprises. The recruiter was really friendly and went in depth about the program. The first step is the phone screen and the second round is an interview with a regional manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Oracle? Why sales? Why Oracle? They will refer to your resume, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

3 phone interviews: 1 with recruiter, 2 with different managers. They were all extremely friendly and professional. Usually starts with greetings, then questions for you, and finally questions you have for the interviewer. Always make sure to have intelligent and hard-thought questions along with being prepared for any questions. They want to see your qualifications and skills translated into the team environment at Oracle.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I had two phone interview, and one on site. Both are easy. got the offer 10 days later. Accepted the offer and went from there. I was scared at first, but it was one of the best decisions I made. The company has also Oracle university to take training classes.

Interview Questions

• nothing really hard, just know your resume and be able to support whats on it talk about your past projects and how did you do them. Talk about leadership, and what is your role on the project.   Answer Question