Oracle

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015
1,502 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied via a contact with a friend, heard back pretty quick. They questioned me a lot about my previous employers and very little about my abilities, which felt frustrating. I honed this skills that they seemed intent on ignoring. I wish the interview was more about the job at hand.

Interview Questions
    • What's one thing you would change about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle.

Pretty easy interview but no response from them. Interview went very well. I did a followup but no reply. Quite a friendly interview process. The hiring manager made me feel very comfortable. But I was hoping to get a yes or no as a response.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

Very intense and multiple ones until you reach the hiring manager. The hiring manager seems to have the final word on the candidate. Was not confident that it was a democratic decision.

Interview Questions
    • How do you perform in a metrics orientated environment?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

The recruiter contacted me about 2 weeks after I submitted application online(sent resume to an email address for internship). The recruiter asked for my updated resume and transcripts and then arranged a 5-minute phone chat with me. The phone chat is mainly about the overview of the internship and the interview process. And there is only one round phone interview for internship in Oracle. After a week, I was told to have an interview with a group and followed by another group one more week later. And got rejected an week after the second interview.
    One interviewer is not patient at all and not nice as what other people said. Another is almost no emotional(I can not feel whether he is happy or not about the answer)

Interview Questions
    • Mostly are general behavior questions about the projects on the resume like:
      1. what is your strength?
      2. what is your weakness?
      3. what's your hobby?
      4. what do you think is the most challenge part in XX project?
      5. what do you want to get from the internship?
      tell me about But also some basic technical questions like:
      1. tell me about some sorting algorithms you know?
      2. how will you find out a bug in the program

Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

Phone Screening was basically questions about resume experience. Recruiter was very friendly. They asked about what positions I liked best and which experience I most enjoyed. Asked if I had more experience in specific areas.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

I've only went through the first interview which is by phone. The whole interview took about 20 minutes. Like your typical interview, she asked Why Oracle, Why sales, how do you handle rejection, what's your two biggest motivation in the workplace, What skills can you bring to the workplace based on your prior experiences

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

Two phone interviews and an on-site interview that was very intense. Overall the hiring process was smooth and efficient, with interviewers helping to establish a friendly but professional dialogue with the interviewee. As I said before, the on-site at HQ was intense, but I came out of it feeling great and confident in my performance.

Sales Representative Interview

On campus recruitment interview, 30 minutes each with two sales reps. They were easy going and asked the typical interview questions, typing notes throughout the process. It wasn't all "business" in the sense that we had informal conversations and they were very helpful in answering all the questions that I had. They were honest when I asked what is the best and worst part about their job and I appreciated their patience when I froze up one time when asked a question I didn't prepare for!

Hardware Engineer Interview

I submitted my resume during a career fair and got contacted after a month. The interview last for 45 minutes. The interviewer is very kind and she provided me with lots of valuable information. There are not many technical questions. She mainly asked about my resume and previous experiences. I am still waiting for their final decision.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Phone Interview then in person at the office. Just basic behavioral and a lot of why do you want the job, what motivates you, what is a time you failed, what is your greatest success. Very predictable