Oracle

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014
1,418 Interview Reviews

Product Support Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

3 Different Interviews, on time. Very detailed Interview, it was described the job and the expectations the have for the future candidate. Recruiters keep me posted with the status of my hiring

Interview Questions
    Takes some time to get the approvals to get hire, but you are notified and posted all the time

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

I applied on LinkedIn, got an invite for a call within a week. The recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn and asked me to email her, I did. She asked me for a few time slots, and I provided her with them. She called me (7 minutes late) and explained the position to me. Then, she asked me to speak about myself and my experience. As I was about to tell her about myself, she cut me short by saying "I'm sorry I didn't realize you graduated a year ago. We're looking for someone with 2 years experience." I have 1 and 1/2 years of experience working full time and 1 and 1/2 continuous years of experience as an intern (working 30+ hours during the internship). She had my resume the whole time, contacted me on LinkedIn, and both places specified that I've graduated in 2013. How could she waste my time by not reading my profile or resume? Very disrespectful. I'm never applying to Oracle again.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

Got an email from the recruiter (had submitted the resume during the career fair). HR provided a list of groups out of which we can select any number depending on our interest. Interviewed with 4 groups (1 hour 30 min each) back-to-back and got an offer from one of the managers on that day itself. That turned out to be best possible scenario since I wanted to work with that group right from the day I had chosen the group as one of my potential interests. Questions involved identifying bugs in a code, deep OS questions, white-board coding. Rigorous but delightful.

I got a more than expected offer and did not wish to negotiate on that considering the potential growth in the team.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

Three rounds of interviews: 2 in person interviews and 1 phone interview. One interview was with the HR recruiter and the others were with Sales Reps. The first interview with the HR recruiter was a general interview asking basic question (Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested in this position? Tell me examples of times you were involved in sales? If not that's okay. Why are you a good fit for sales?). The other interviews went into more detail but were similar to the first interview.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I first found out about Oracle job offers at my university's career fair. After giving them my resume there, they reached out to me (I did not apply!) and scheduled two phone interviews with me. These lasted about 30 minutes each and had both technical and behavioral based questions. After those, I received an email within a week inviting me to the Final Round interviews at their office in Reston. The day consisted of interviewees sitting in a conference room as they waited for their interview (the atmosphere is more relaxed than other places). During this time there was a written case portion that I had not known about coming into the final round. There were two interviews, one of which was job fit and technical while the other was behavioral. In a week's time I had heard back from the recruiter offering me a position.

Interview Questions

I had received other offers more suitable to where I wanted to take my career. The offer itself is very good. It was for $60,000 base AND paid overtime (average 25% on top) which is incredible as not many companies do now a day. Other perks were good as well.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

I applied online and got an offer for onsite interviews within 2 weeks. The list of groups who were interested to interview me was given to me a week before my scheduled interview date. The onsite interview was with managers or team members within the group. The interviews for product manager positions were either behavioural or product based. The product based questions tested my knowledge on their current product, right from the product architecture to how it actually benefits the clients. The behavioural questions were the common ones that one can usually find on Glassdoor and other websites.

Associate Consultant (Database Administrator/Systems Administrative) Interview

2 Phone interviews: Asks some technical questions (i.e. What is the difference b/w database systems and relational database) and more on behavioral/situation questions (i.e How do you motivate your team). If you pass that, you get to go on the on-site interview with 2 people (manager and an fellow consultant). This is mainly to see your personality and presence. You will be notified if you got the job or not within a week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation due to no experience coming right out of college.

Contracts Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Had phone interview with manager. I believe the conversation focused more on what the position was like, and preparing me for the long hours at quarter end, as well as the difficulties of working with sales.

Software Developer @ Microelectronic Division Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Contact by HR, then forward my resume to a manager. Then a senior engineering interviewed me. Overall it is not match with me. The engineer asked some software related question. Questions are required to talk in detail. Explain signal spy, how to implement it, what is given and what is the part you do.

Software Development Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

It took a long time to get contacted initially after applying. Once contacted, I had an initial phone screen with recruiter and with hiring manager. Went well so they scheduled additional phone screens with team members and brought me on site for face to face.

After a single round of interviews, I was told they were extremely interested and wanted to extend offer. 2 weeks later, after background and reference checks, I received a fair offer - exactly what I had asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Asked specific question about product install and usage. Fortunately, I had been using it for a few weeks before interview.   Answer Question