Oracle

1,507 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

I sent my resume to the oracle recruiting email address, and got a reply from the HR. Later, she called me asking for some basic information. It was not like a phone interview. Then my resume was reviewed by groups in Oracle. About one month later, I got the onsite interview invitation with the group descriptions. Then I speak with five groups. Some groups are in Massachusetts, then the form would be a video interview. Video interviews were basically more technical. Others asked about the resume and projects I did in school, together with some small technical questions. They were not very hard. The time for each group was 1 hour and a quarter. And I speak with several persons in that group. Between successive interviews, there was a quarter for rest. Interviewers were very friendly, and made the interview more like a talking or discussion. Now I am still waiting for the response.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about resume, and some little coding problems.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

I contacted the recruiter through a LinkedIn job listing, he emailed me a day later and we had a phone interview. I was later directed to the person in charge of hiring, and interviewed with her. They have a reputation for getting back late, so I am awaiting a response.

Sales Representative Interview

On campus recruitment interview, 30 minutes each with two sales reps. They were easy going and asked the typical interview questions, typing notes throughout the process. It wasn't all "business" in the sense that we had informal conversations and they were very helpful in answering all the questions that I had. They were honest when I asked what is the best and worst part about their job and I appreciated their patience when I froze up one time when asked a question I didn't prepare for!

Hardware Engineer Interview

I submitted my resume during a career fair and got contacted after a month. The interview last for 45 minutes. The interviewer is very kind and she provided me with lots of valuable information. There are not many technical questions. She mainly asked about my resume and previous experiences. I am still waiting for their final decision.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Phone Interview then in person at the office. Just basic behavioral and a lot of why do you want the job, what motivates you, what is a time you failed, what is your greatest success. Very predictable

Member Technical Staff Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

I gave interview for Oracle, India when it has visited my campus for a job fair. It had 4 rounds in total. The first one was a written technical round which consisted of questions covering several basics in Data Structures, OOP, C, Java n stuff. The next three interviews were face-to-face. Out of these three, the first two involved writing programs for several questions related to Data Structures and Algorithms. I would say a good preparation from any popular resource (Cracking the Coding Interview etc) should help here. The last one was a HR round and it had the standard questions. We got the results by the end of the day. Overall, the interview experience was pretty satisfactory.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Submitted through internal referral. Target school+high GPA (3.9+). Direct onsite interview. Before the interview, recruiter provides some teams to select and rank. On the onsite interview, talked to different managers in different teams. All questions are simple and standard. Got an offer the second business day.

The recruiter is very responsible and efficient. The overall experience is very positive.

Interview Questions

Got a few offer with higher compensation and better match to my background.

Technology Sales Representative II Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Contacted the recruiter first of all via LinkedIn and was scheduled for a phone interview some days later. Spoke to recruiter, had a very good conversation less than 5mins on the phone, recruiter liked my background and scheduled me for the second interview with the manager. Had a 3 panel interview with my manager and director of sales of the department. I was asked about my background and what I was looking for in a new job and also why I was the best fit for the position. Advice to job seekers know your background, numbers and be confident in your abilities, because they can sniff any doubt in your answers. One other thing that helped me was I came in prepared with my 30 60 90 day plan for the new position. That's a deal maker for you. After the interview my recruiter contacted me and told me my performance was good and she was hoping for the best

Interview Questions
    • What makes you better than the other person we interviewed?
      Why do you want to work with oracle?

View Answer

Oracle Public Cloud - Senior Systems Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle.

It was my worst ever experience. A company recruiter contacted me and I showed interest in OPC infrastructure group. Then I had a technical phone interview which according to them went very well and they called me for an on-site interview. Three interviewers showed up. Before even starting, the first interviewer told me that in case I don't know the answer to a question, to just tell him that and not dance around it, which I answered that I wouldn't. He started asking numerous questions and as soon as I was giving the right answer he would cut me off and ask another question. Most of his questions were administration questions and he was looking for exact commands. He stayed half an over over his time and told me that other interviewer would ask me more programming questions. The second one had several problems printed on pages that he was putting in front of me as soon as I answered them. The third one wanted me to write a function to find the maximum depth of a general tree and when I answered him with the algorithm and data structure, he asked me to write the whole function for him. After he left, I was left alone in the room for over 20 minutes and I had to go out and ask someone to address the situation. Eventually someone showed up and looked up manager's phone number and I left him a voice message and I left. Later on, I got an email from the manager which stated that he was in a meeting and wished me best luck in my future endeavors and I never got to meet him in person.
     I am sure I am not the first one they're treating this way because when I called the recruiting coordinator for confirming the building number, she told me she'd sent over 50 people to that building. I had an interview with Apple the day before which I nailed it but I was genuinely interested in this job. I strongly believe that there should be some kind of oversight in the interview process so that guidelines are followed and candidates are picked based on their technical ability for the particular job opening.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to find the maximum depth of a general tree with any number of branches   Answer Question

Validation Technical Lead Interview

Very detailed , included programming , assembly and pre-silicon questions regarding assertions and verilog . There were sessions regarding emulation and FPGA speed questions as well .The rest of the interview was focussed on behaviour and debug related aspects and bugs encountered.