Oracle

Updated Nov 17, 2014
1,386 Interview Reviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

Three rounds of interviews: 2 in person interviews and 1 phone interview. One interview was with the HR recruiter and the others were with Sales Reps. The first interview with the HR recruiter was a general interview asking basic question (Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested in this position? Tell me examples of times you were involved in sales? If not that's okay. Why are you a good fit for sales?). The other interviews went into more detail but were similar to the first interview.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

I first found out about Oracle job offers at my university's career fair. After giving them my resume there, they reached out to me (I did not apply!) and scheduled two phone interviews with me. These lasted about 30 minutes each and had both technical and behavioral based questions. After those, I received an email within a week inviting me to the Final Round interviews at their office in Reston. The day consisted of interviewees sitting in a conference room as they waited for their interview (the atmosphere is more relaxed than other places). During this time there was a written case portion that I had not known about coming into the final round. There were two interviews, one of which was job fit and technical while the other was behavioral. In a week's time I had heard back from the recruiter offering me a position.

Interview Questions

I had received other offers more suitable to where I wanted to take my career. The offer itself is very good. It was for $60,000 base AND paid overtime (average 25% on top) which is incredible as not many companies do now a day. Other perks were good as well.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2014.

I applied online and got an offer for onsite interviews within 2 weeks. The list of groups who were interested to interview me was given to me a week before my scheduled interview date. The onsite interview was with managers or team members within the group. The interviews for product manager positions were either behavioural or product based. The product based questions tested my knowledge on their current product, right from the product architecture to how it actually benefits the clients. The behavioural questions were the common ones that one can usually find on Glassdoor and other websites.

Software Developer @ Microelectronic Division Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Contact by HR, then forward my resume to a manager. Then a senior engineering interviewed me. Overall it is not match with me. The engineer asked some software related question. Questions are required to talk in detail. Explain signal spy, how to implement it, what is given and what is the part you do.

Software Development Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

It took a long time to get contacted initially after applying. Once contacted, I had an initial phone screen with recruiter and with hiring manager. Went well so they scheduled additional phone screens with team members and brought me on site for face to face.

After a single round of interviews, I was told they were extremely interested and wanted to extend offer. 2 weeks later, after background and reference checks, I received a fair offer - exactly what I had asked for.

Interview Questions
    • Asked specific question about product install and usage. Fortunately, I had been using it for a few weeks before interview.   Answer Question

Deal Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Was called for phone interview first. Then had an in-person interview with three managers. This was followed by another phone interview by a remote manager. They asked about my background and also had some script questions. I was hired as a contractor and later an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself more independent or detail oriented.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Was contacted by the campus recruiter for Oracle by email and asked to send in an updated resume. I think they must have gotten my resume through the career fair..

Sent in my resume, and I was called for an on site interview directly. There was no phone interview which was surprising to me. The interview process was quite straight forward and it lasted one day. Started early morning (around 8:30 or 9) and left the Oracle office by 7 PM...

I think I interviewed with around 6 teams, all in database group based on my resume. After the interview, I was contacted in 10 days with an offer, and I could chose any team I want...

The interview was not difficult. And alot of the interview was focused on my past projects, so Operating Systems and Networking, File Systems etc. There were some minor coding questions but they didnt stress too much on Algos/data structures.

Some questions (concurrency based) were quite intricate and required a very deep understanding of the process stack and parameter passing and what not... But what I really found was that the questions were very much based on what these guys use everyday, rather than any gotcha questions to stifle the candidate. All the interviewers were great, very polite and I felt very comfortable throughout the process....

Interview Questions
    • I was given a code snippet, which involved multi threading and was asked to find a race condition. The race condition was very subtle and was not explicit in the code.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiaiton, since it was a college hire and it was my first job.

Vice President Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

NA - acquisition related job opportunity. During M&A process they provided an offer letter for me to sign after conducting a background check. No interview or anything else.

NA

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

I had a half hour phone interview, then an assignment, which was a mock pitch to a CMO. After the hiring director approved of the assignment, I flew in to have four face-to-face interviews. I received their verdict two weeks after the face-to-face. The whole process took about one month.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

4 interviews with international tax groups and transfer pricing groups. The interviews were more like chatting, based on my resume. They were super nice and the office building was gorgeous..

Timing issue.