Oracle Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bedford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

1) Phone interview with recruiter
    2) Phone interview with hiring manager
    3) On site interview with 5 team members.
    The longest part is the background check. The hiring approval has to go up the chain all the way up to Larry Ellison's office. It takes about 4 weeks for the background check to be done.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing atypical or out of the ordinary.   View Answer
    negotiation is limited. The number is set very early on and you are not given the opportunity to counter if you are currently employed.

Business Development Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Initial phone screeen by HR, spoke to another hiring manager to set up day long interview. One day 4 rounds of about 30 minutes a piece, and was interviewed by a team. Was offered a position one day after interviewing, but took 3 weeks to process before I was able to start.

Interview Questions
    • Had to present a business memo for pursuing an industry   View Answer
    There is no negotiation at this level 13 days vacation, unlimited sick days, this is a jump off point into any role within Oracle.

Software Engineer Interview

Campus Interview and Onsite. Group members will talk with you when you have onsite interview. After a month, decision will be emailed to you. And HR will contact you about it.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

Got a call that my resume was short listed. Was callked for the interview. One day process. Total of Three rounds. Each round was with team member, manager and then director of the team respectively. Got a call after 6 months saying I got shortlisted for the job and if i wanted to accept the same.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about course work you did in college or project report without even looking at the question   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Skype interview then Phone interview. Skype interview was an informational interview + some questions about why sales, why oracle, etc. Then a phone interview with someone who had my position who asked similar questions. I could tell by the end of this interview that I was going to get the job.

They were hiring too many people it seemed like

QA Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

ask what you did in history , what 's your expectation about salary. what's your reason to leave for previous company , and what SQL statement 's results for joins. what do you know about java, perl, C++ etc. ask for functions you know about your programming language.

Interview Questions

so far away from my home

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Questions
    • A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   View Answer
    Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

-Applied online, received email from recruiter next day and set up interview,

-interviewed with recruiter over phone about resume and basic information

-set up interview with manager, interviewed with manager over the phone, was asked about 4-5 questions about handling deadlines and availability to work overtime

-was contacted by recruiter for third interview with hiring manager

-had phone interview with hiring manager, asked about 7-8 questions about working in teams, handling conflicts with co-workers, and overcoming challenges

-received phone call by manager negotiating salary

-received offer after background check cleared

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you knew you were going to miss a deadline and what was your strategy to fix missing the deadline....   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Very professional hiring process, but you have to be patient, as sometime it takes time. I was approached by recruiter, and it took about 8 weeks from first contact to job offer. Had 2 FTF and 3 phone interviews. Once I was done with interviews, I got the offer within 3-4 days.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall any difficult questions, mostly scenario based.   Answer Question

This was a tough one, as I was willing to accept a relatively lower total compensation at Oracle, but my company really did go out of the way to keep me and offered me a significant bump in salary, and gave me huge RSU package to stay. Challenge with Oracle is that they can't offer structured bonus (since it's discretionary) and I was told that Oracle doesn't offer RSU, so I was leaving significant $$ RSU to join Oracle but they couldn't give me any incentive beyond fixed base salary. This was a deal breaker, as for most high tech companies Director and above makes 30-40% of their compensation in RSU/bonus and Oracle can't meet that. In fairness to Oracle they did offer me a higher base salary then I was making (prior to my company bumping that as well) but it was not good enough. In general I found Oracle to be a good company, if you are satisfied with a 50 percentile level salary for your job and looking for good work-life balance.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Oracle.

Pretty straightforward. One phone interview followed by 6 onsite.

Onsite interviews were - 3 coding, 2 technical but not coding - one managerial. Lunch interview with manager in which he asked design questions