Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2015
1,581 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Pretty fast process. The HR office is really attentive to your questions. First interview was basically behavioral. Questions such as why you, goals you have achieved, why sales, how do you measure success, any awards or achievements. At the end of the interview she told me I passed to the second round. The next day they called me from the HR office to add me to the facebook on campus recruiting group, and to set a phone interview. I found this kind of weird; I don't know why they add you to the oracle group if you still have to go through another interview before they accept you. It felt as if they were already accepting me, but at the end they didn't. Anyway second interview went well as well, they asked me to act as if I was trying to sell them something. Even though they told me I had all the qualities, they found that my goals of going to Law School in the future did not match up with the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales?   Answer Question
    • Where will you be in five years?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience in sales? Experience in cold-calling sales? How many people do you think you will be calling a week.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

A friend referred me to his hiring manager. After several weeks passed finally had a phone screen.
    Hiring manager was more interested in my LinkedIn contacts because he had a role to fill.
    Another many weeks passed and hiring manager arranged phone screen with his tech guy.

Hiring manager sends me a hint that we should link up just because we had a interview.
    LinkedIn policy is we must meet in person. I also hold a high bar who I link up with.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anyone who might fit the role?
      You may be overqualified so I need to know what is your salary expectation?

1 Answer

Sales and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

One brief phone interview, followed by two 30 minute interviews. Mainly questions about why you want to work there and why you would be a good fit. No hard questions. Overall a good experience. Mainly depends on who you get as an interviewer and how well you two click. Wasn't the hardest interview I've had before, but wasn't the easiest either.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email in response to my application to schedule a phone interview with a college recruiter. The interview was very casual, and conversational so I was told I would move to the second round. The second round of interviews was conducted by a sales representative at Oracle, and was similar in fashion of the first interview (casual, no standard interview questions.) This conversation was very similar to my first conversation with a recruiter, but I was not continued onto the interview process, for reasons unknown to me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for position on company website and received a request for a phone screening a few days later. Initial call was with an HR recruiter and covered general information about my background and provided a little information about the position/team. Found out the team for this position was spread between a few locations in the US.

A few days after my call with HR I received an email from a department admin to set up a call with what would be a peer on the team (based in Austin). Call with the peer dove into the actual day-to-day duties of the position. Questions/conversation focused on my background and relating a lot of my past experiences to the new potential position/duties.

Received another email from the admin 2 days later to set up a call with the next level up in the hiring chain (based in Denver). Similar to the first call, most questions dealt more with my background and the daily tasks of the position.

Admin emailed me 2 days after this call to set up an interview with the Director of the group (Based in San Diego). The position would initially report into him. Assumed the questions in this interview would be a little "higher level" than the past 2 calls and they were. Don't remember any specifics, but little was discussed on the day-to-day level and more broad reaching questions. When asked about the process moving forward I was told they'd likely identify 1-2 candidates to fly to HQ for in-person interviews.

At this point I had 3 phone interviews in a week. Was a little shocked at how fast this went given Oracle's size, but took it to be a good sign. A week after my call with the Director I emailed my HR contact to see if there was any update on the hiring process. Was told they'd check with the Director and let me know.

A few hours after my email to HR I received an email from the manager based here in CO asking to meet up for lunch. We met for lunch a few days later. Was more conversational and much less "interview", although we did delve into some job-related items. Was a little awkward at times but went okay. Was told I had the "most impressive resume" of any candidates, so felt that was a good sign.

After another week passed, I reached out to HR to see if they had any update on the process or had identified the candidates they wanted to fly in for in-person interviews. Was told all feedback HR had received from the hiring team (about me) was positive and they hoped to make a decision about the in-person interviews within the next week. A week after this email I received an email from HR notifying me they were moving forward with other candidates who seemed a potential better fit in the long term.

Was told in my initial HR call the hiring process at Oracle can take some time and they weren't kidding. As mentioned above, I was surprised my 3 phone interviews (not counting initial HR call) all happened within about a weeks time. After that it got a little tedious with the waiting game, although my HR contact was always very timely with their responses. From start to finish the entire process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• At the end of one of my interviews, the interviewer asked me "What do you want me to remember from this conversation?"   Answer Question

Interview

The first question was graph's k coloring, which was difficult and didn't prepare for it. Answered using recursive to solve and asked the interviewer a few questions to clarify the problem. Tried but didn't complete the solution.

Interview Questions

• Giving m color, find whether it can coloring the graph with n vertex.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I came across Oracle at my University's career fair and spoke with a few hiring managers. They called me a week later to see if I was still interested, followed by a one on one phone interview two weeks later. The interview itself was with the gentleman who would be my direct manager and he was very affable. I enjoyed the interview and it was challenging without being grueling.

Interview Questions

• Mostly discussed my resume, grilling me on specific aspects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with 3 Groups on 2 different days. Oracle people are very nice, from Recruiters to managers. They managed to create a pleasant conversational environment and never put pressure on you. Very few technical questions, the process is quite smooth. They arranged lunch with two alumni, very informative and considerate. But they raise a high bar for selecting candidates for onsite. I think this is why Oracle interview is easy but still can hire talented people.

Interview Questions

• It depends on groups that are interested in you. Some groups asks algorithm coding questions while others place more emphasis on communication and behavior. Anyway, you can assume nothing in advance, be prepared for data structure, algorithms and basic technical questions. After all, for a software engineer position, the responsibility is to write code every day.   Answer Question

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX).

Interview

Recruited at college campus. Had one phone interview and then invited to a pre-interview dinner prior to a second interview. A few days later, I was Invited to go into the office for two 30 minute interviews with two different people. They asked behavioral questions and had to guide them through the resume. Very nice people.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions. Why sales? Why Oracle? When working in a group, was there a time when there was a uneven distribution of work? How did you fix this and what were the outcomes? What is a goal that you wanted to achieve but failed?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I spoke with a campus recruiter. She was impressed with my resume, so she put me in contact with multiple people within the organization so that i can get a feel for the role and the company. Then I had a phone interview and received an offer within days.