Oracle Interview Questions

3.1

Ruby On Rails Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Had 2 calls for their division Blue Kai. Had a technical exam. It was strictly Ruby coding. I started to try and solved it in Psuedo code and then was told that was the wrong answer. I got flustered because the interviewer was not patient and seemed to be on a deadline.

Interview Questions
    • @here.each_with_index do |index| baby.count[] p [@here]end   Answer Question

Global Licensing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

1. Email from Internal Recruiter in April 2014
    2. 1-hour interview with internal recruiter who acted very antsy that they had to get the position filled, this was in mid May 2014
    3. Did not hear anything until the beginning of June and after repeatedly emailing, I was given 1- day to be onsite. Never mind the fact I already have a full-time demanding job and cannot cancel scheduled meetings at the last minute. Finally the interview was put into place fort
    4. Phone interview set up - 30 minutes with senior manager (on the east coast) and director in san francisco. Then I was told it would be narrowed down and I would "hear back from them within a week". It has now been 8 weeks and I stopped emailing them 6 weeks ago after the director had promised I would hear something after July 4th weekend. It is now August 13th and they have disappeared.
    Not impressed and extremely disappointed with how I was been treated. I felt the job is completely what I wanted and ironically, I worked with Oracle at my previous company. If this is honestly how they treat their candidates, I will never apply again.

Interview Questions
    • mostly behavioral questions. You do not need to regurgitate your resume   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Phone interview- the phone interview was very basic. Nothing out of the ordinary. The recruiter gave me an overview of the Business Development Consultant and explained to me how it was essentially a sales role. After discussing the position, the recruiter asked me questions about my resume and related experience. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. The recruiter was not charismatic when discussing Oracle which was a real turn off.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and asked for a call. I had one phone interview with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, where I was asked to walk through my resume and talk about my experiences. No unexpected questions or challenging brain teasers were given. It was the most casual experience I have had interviewing.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was allowed; I tried.

Associate Consultant Interview

All over the phone, very easy going. Hiring Managers just want to see that your personable and handle yourself over the phone. Recruiters are very nice as well, just be realistic in the timeline.

no negotiation

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

I applied online through Oracle page, and they contacted me right immediately like on that day which was scary for me. I got an e-mail with to complete some online test with 13 questions and they were on:

25 questions:

15 Analytical Multiple Choice Questions – focusing on sets, trend analysis, calculus, stats, etc.
    5 open ended basic SQL question.
    3 open ended database normalization question.
    1 Multiple Choice English language comprehension question.
    1 open ended language question (this part should be 200 – 300 words).

The entire online assessment test was conducted through hackerrank.com and it was for 90 min.
    Personally I did not go and complete the Quiz within couple of day. I did take my time to prepare and I was right. It is a difficult test. I did use apps like ‘the impossible interview’ and ‘the aptitude interview’ from iTunes app store to prepare. They were a help.

Interview Questions
    • An analyst at Oracle is conducting a satisfaction survey, sampling from a list of 10,000 new users. The list includes 2,500 French users, 2,500 German users, 2,500 Italian users, and 2,500 Portuguese users, The analyst selects a sample of 400 users, by randomly sampling 100 users of each country. Is this an example of simple random sample?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Oracle.

Just had one HR round. The guy called me 20 minutes late. We start conversing and it goes well. In the end he asks me my base salary, then he asks me how many stocks i've been given and then he asks me what was the exact amount on my w2 in the last 2 years. When I said I can give that info if I get an offer and if it goes any further, he tells me he won't send my resume to the hiring manager until I provide him with that. Hence, I had to send him that info. He doesn't get back to me about the interview and when I email him to ask where it is at, he sends me a rejection. Very weird experience. Dint except this from oracle.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

2 phone calls relatively easy just tell them you are determined to sell their products, sales experience helps too tell them you love working with people and finding solutions you want to get database if you can because that is the best kind of product to sell for sure

Interview Questions
    • tell them you love working with people and finding solutions   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

I applied for the position, participated in a phone interview, and was hired months later. It is very important to have a college degree to work for Oracle. You also must be patient because sometimes the hiring process is slow.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to describe how you interacted with any of their products before, especially for the work area you are applying in.   Answer Question
    I negotiated over the phone with an HR representative. He did not reveal the salary range, but I guessed (with Glassdoor's help) and he said I was pretty much spot on. I opted for the middle of the salary range. If I had known that Oracle was slow to promote, I would have negotiated for a higher salary.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Oracle.

I was working with a local recruiter cross country to get interview with Oracle in their Manufacturing Consultant Group. Most of the paper work, experiences and what I was looking for in the total package was conveyed to the recruiter for expectation. It was the whole day interview. I first met with the consulting manager, which is the person that I report directly, then I was interviewed in a group with several current consultants, then the senior manager, and the project manager with several current projects.

Interview Questions
    • My background was in database, but I didn't work with Oracle database in my previous job except with the government and school doing teaching assistant in database. I mainly was in software development using CASE life cycle and testing products. They want to know if I am cut out to do consultant as it requires many different tasks within the project and my previous employer did not show consultant experience. Also, majority of the interviewee graduated from an ivy league school and I didn't. I had to used my teaching experience and the work from government to show how I have the drive to do consultant and enjoyed doing these consultant projects at client site.. I was very lucky at the time otherwise I don't think I can get into Oracle without Oracle experience.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for Oracle to pay relocation expenses from Virginia to California and short term living expenses while waiting for items to move over cross country. I also got a sign-on bonus.