Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015
1,852 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Two part interview. One group interview then one private interview. It was pretty straight forward. Outside of the group interview I met with three current employees who were very friendly and it flowed more like a conversation.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Two interviews in different locations, including a presentation. It was a lengthy process overall, but it was pretty straightforward. They were a little bit disorganized but very helpful when you were dealing with someone.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Irving, TX).

Interview

Interviews were set up at the office. I went in to meet them face to face. I met 1 at a time. After one interview was over it was a tag team until I have talked to all 3.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience was I planning to get out of this job.   1 Answer
    • Did you want to get involved in Government contracts?   1 Answer

Interview

Initial communication was through an email inquiry and I was soon called by an Oracle recruiter. First and subsequent interviews were all face to face. First with two levels of managers and final with VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• When faced with a highly challenging situations, what's your first reaction?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations can be difficult and I pushed back on the first offer. Now I wish I pushed back twice. Advice...get as much as you can upfront because raises are far and few between. If you're happy with your salary, then you'll be good. If you are just okay and think it'll grow over time...you will be highly disappointed.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

3 rounds: one with a peer, one with a manager, one with the director. Each one was similar in form. They asked personal questions then asked you to relate your experience to what you would do in the position

Client Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Four phone interviews and then one in-person interview. The first interview was with an Oracle recruiter, followed by interviews with team members (one of which was the person who would be my manager). Process took several months.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in sales?   1 Answer
    • Present a mock-presentation about our product line and how it works to a few team members who will be playing roles.   1 Answer

Technical Analyst II (Support) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle in July 2015.

Interview

1 - Initial phone screen interview by HR. Asked about my interests, salary expectations, etc. Normal interview-type questions. 2 - Next step was an e-mailed written, timed test given by the hiring manager. Test involved general logic questions with multiple choice answers and situational questions (ie. if a customer e-mailed you and said this then what would you do) requiring written responses. I had to return the test within 1.5 hours of when it was e-mailed to me. (The manager and I agreed upon a start time for the test.) I was told I passed the test and asked to come in for an interview. 3 - I then had an on-site interview with two managers, one at that location and another connected by video feed into the conference room. The managers each had a copy of what appeared to be about an 8 page document with lists of standard-interview questions and room for them to record their impressions. This lasted approximately an hour. Next was an informal panel interview with other members of the tech support team which lasted approximately a half hour. During the interview I was told I would hear back from them in about a week. When two weeks passed with no contact I e-mailed the manager. The manager returned the e-mail saying I was "unsuccessful". I later discovered my status in their tracking system had been updated the day after my interview to "no longer being considered". The tracking system didn't notify me of that change; I had to go in and specifically look to see it. Given that a key component of a customer support position is keeping the customer updated and informed of progress I would have expected the hiring manager to me know I was no longer being considered rather than me having to ask for a status update.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were common interview type questions. Nothing usual.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Mostly general questions on personality, work ethics, and professional competence in the field. Also a few direct simple questions YES/ No type about what the job entailed and whether to be comfortable with that and the work environment etc. Questions relating to prior employment experiences, including job roles and its application to the job advertised.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Bozeman, MT) in June 2015.

Interview

Slow response and little communication over interview process that lasted 3 months. Seemed like they forgot about candidates and then were in a panic to reconnect. I would suspect that they lose many candidates that take other jobs due to the time period from initial contact to final interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 greatest strengths, 3 biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I came in for an interview on site after two phone screens. After meeting with a Sales Managers and having a normal and relaxed conversation, I was interviewed by the hiring manager and their superior. I was asked about acquisition strategy, implementation processes, and a bunch of other unrelated topics by the hiring manager. None of which related directly to an entry level salesperson fresh out of college.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us? (knock on the door) Oh wait, nevermind, there's someone coming in to use this conference room. It was nice meeting you.   Answer Question