Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call two weeks later. Basically going through my work experience and was told I will be contacted shortly. A week later HR arranged for in person interview that lasted 3 hours. Mostly technical questions. Abstract vs interface etc.

Interview Question – there was no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got what I wanted

Very Easy Interview

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – I went to an on-campus interview session where I met the recruiter and won a raffle for $500. I then had one behavioral phone interview with the recruiter. He talked the whole time, and after the interview, he basically told me I was hired and that I would be receiving an email within the week with some paperwork. Definitely the easiest interview process I've ever had.

Interview Question – None. The recruiter talked the whole time.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was two tiered. First I met with the regional sales manager who asked me standard questions about my experience and background. Moved on to more generic questions about difficult situations at workplace and how I handled it, how did you increase sales in your accounts etc. Second round was with the regional manager and his boss. I was asked to do a presentation explaining Oracle University products. It was very straight forward with few questions sprinkled in. I was told they would reach out to me but never did. I did follow up and was told the they did not get the funds for the position.

Interview Question – Most questions were very generic. Difficult question was scenario based: If a customer calls and wants to cancel a multi million order at the last second. What would u do?   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Usually a phone interview followed by a in-person visit. They will have you sit with a current employee so you can pick their brain, etc. They will call you shorty following the visit to let you know whether it was a yes or no.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – The interactions between recruiters and management was shaky at best. Most of the follow up was done on my part. My offer letter was delayed by 3 weeks because it was caught up in some internal approval process.

Interview Question – What are your weakest qualities?   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process took 1.5 weeks. I met with a recruiter at a job fair, interviewed with her the following day, and then interviewed with a manager two days later. I received my offer four days later. The questions were very straightforward - Oracle seems to be using the schools they recruit at as their screen, so they stick to behavioral questions. Be ready for why Oracle, why sales, and standard behavioral questions. They are, however, very disorganized in the hiring process (i.e. I received a "second" offer two days after the first) - their system has some bugs. Try to talk to the recruiters to be sure you're both on the same page.

Interview Question – None - very straight forward   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was unwilling to take a sales job where you don't meet with clients - this is exclusively over the phone. I also was unwilling to take a job that wouldn't tell me my location until after I had accepted.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Very professional and quick process. I had 3 conference calls with various managers that were set up over 2 days. On the 3rd day I was told to fly to DC for a F2F with a couple other folks. Once that was done the HR team called me and said that they would be giving me an offer contingent to my background checks etc. That entire process lasted about 3 weeks and an offer was made.

Interview Question – None, they were basic situational questions about dealing with clients and what my reaction would be in the certain consulting situation. I was also asked about the oracle suites that I would implementing with respect to the product knowledge and also some differences with the competitors.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was fairly easy.

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was recruited via LinkedIn. Was recruited by Workday at the same time. Two completely different experiences. Oracle had the recruiter interview me by phone first. Next came a short interview with my potential manager. Each interview was maybe a half hour. Finally they flew me out to Atlanta to interview with another manager and the director of consulting. I was required to give a 15 minute presentation just to make sure I was up to the task, and to check my delivery. They told me if there was an offer it would come in a couple weeks, which was nice because they didn't leave me hanging. Two weeks later came the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Question – I was asked how I expected to handle moving from a smaller company with 14,000 employees to a large company like Oracle with 120,000 employees. Didn't see that one coming.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was rough. They were hiring a lot of people and didn't seem terribly interested in moving the number.

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – Meet a recruiter at campus career fair and we exchanged emails. We set up a phone conversation where he explained the position and answered my questions then set me up to talk to a Team Lead the next week. After speaking with the team lead I received an offer. Two phone interviews and a networking event.

Interview Question – Basic questions about how this position would fit with my personally preferences.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Interviewed on the phone with Recruiter basically going over resume and past experiences. about 1 month later another phone interview with the Manager. Received an offer about 3 weeks later

Interview Question – Please understand that this is a sales position and know what the job description is!!!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted another offer