Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,312 Interview Reviews

Oracle Asia Pacific Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle.

Sent resume/cover letter to recruiter that posted on University career center website. Had 1 hour phone interview with Senior Director. Second interview with VP level and video call with local office manager. Mostly behavioral questions on why Oracle, and what my experiences were. Overall very positive experience with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions -- experiences, strengths, weakness, career goals, familiarity with Oracle products and business lines. Asked about knowledge on IT industry: upcoming trends, where Oracle's products need to focus on, how the customers can benefit etc.   View Answers (2)

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Applied online and also pushed my resume through an employee. Five rounds of telephone interviews - 4 technical / skill interviews, 1 interview with the HR. First round, I was asked to prepare and send a document explaining in detail all major programming projects done in previous employment / education course work. Second round was on multi-threading programming. Third round on memory management. Fourth technical round on database management and performance. Each round lasted about 45-mins to an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on web technologies, memory management and multi-thread programming.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bedford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

1) Phone interview with recruiter
    2) Phone interview with hiring manager
    3) On site interview with 5 team members.
    The longest part is the background check. The hiring approval has to go up the chain all the way up to Larry Ellison's office. It takes about 4 weeks for the background check to be done.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing atypical or out of the ordinary.   View Answer
    negotiation is limited. The number is set very early on and you are not given the opportunity to counter if you are currently employed.

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Initial phone screeen by HR, spoke to another hiring manager to set up day long interview. One day 4 rounds of about 30 minutes a piece, and was interviewed by a team. Was offered a position one day after interviewing, but took 3 weeks to process before I was able to start.

Interview Questions
    • Had to present a business memo for pursuing an industry   View Answer
    There is no negotiation at this level 13 days vacation, unlimited sick days, this is a jump off point into any role within Oracle.

Software Engineer Interview

Campus Interview and Onsite. Group members will talk with you when you have onsite interview. After a month, decision will be emailed to you. And HR will contact you about it.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

Got a call that my resume was short listed. Was callked for the interview. One day process. Total of Three rounds. Each round was with team member, manager and then director of the team respectively. Got a call after 6 months saying I got shortlisted for the job and if i wanted to accept the same.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about course work you did in college or project report without even looking at the question   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Skype interview then Phone interview. Skype interview was an informational interview + some questions about why sales, why oracle, etc. Then a phone interview with someone who had my position who asked similar questions. I could tell by the end of this interview that I was going to get the job.

They were hiring too many people it seemed like

QA Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

ask what you did in history , what 's your expectation about salary. what's your reason to leave for previous company , and what SQL statement 's results for joins. what do you know about java, perl, C++ etc. ask for functions you know about your programming language.

Interview Questions

so far away from my home

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

-Applied online, received email from recruiter next day and set up interview,

-interviewed with recruiter over phone about resume and basic information

-set up interview with manager, interviewed with manager over the phone, was asked about 4-5 questions about handling deadlines and availability to work overtime

-was contacted by recruiter for third interview with hiring manager

-had phone interview with hiring manager, asked about 7-8 questions about working in teams, handling conflicts with co-workers, and overcoming challenges

-received phone call by manager negotiating salary

-received offer after background check cleared

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you knew you were going to miss a deadline and what was your strategy to fix missing the deadline....   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Questions
    • A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   View Answer
    Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.