Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015
1,738 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA).

Interview

applied online directly through their site. was a graduating senior and had spoken ot a few of their recruiters a campus job fairs - they advised me to apply to specific openings

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Currently in the interview process and am very impressed with the level of professionalism. They are looking for hard working enthusiastic people. If you are good with people and can easily convers with them then odds are they may higher you if you have the credentials. Overall the recruiters are nice people who genuinely want to work with you to see if your the right fit. If you are they will only help you through the process.

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Great interviews with the hiring team, position had been open for 5 months and things were fast-tracked to get a resource on-site and contributing. However, after negotiating and receiving an offer from the hiring manager, the Recruiter wanted me to provide my salary in my current position before sending out an Offer letter. I declined and replied my current position has different responsibilities and the work is not related (current job is post-sales, new position is pre-sales). The Recruiter insisted and added how would it look if Oracle hired someone making $80K and this had to go through 5 levels of review? I gave the recruiter a range on my current salary and told her I needed to prepare for my call at 2:30. Later I received an email from the same Recruiter that Oracle declined to give me an Offer.

Interview Questions

• What were the five qualities you want to see in a manager?   Answer Question

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Three interviews (2 phone and one in person). I was contacted by a recruiter and they gave me information about the position and we set up a phone interview. From there we set up another phone interview and an in person interview. Each interview was with a different person (which I really liked because you got the opportunity to hear from different people).

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? Why Oracle? What was your biggest accomplishment in College?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in April 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview, it was very relaxed and they asked the typical questions. It lasted about 10 minutes and then he asked if I had any questions and told me to send him my schedule for the next 2 weeks. I never heard back

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Clarita, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was directly called for an on-site interview. There was just one interview which lasted for about 1 hour 30 mins. There were two people taking the interview. Later the manager spoke to me for 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• Good conceptual questions. Nothing straightforward. One coding problem dealing with synchronization.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting. I had two phone interviews and one on campus interview that asked many of the same questions - why sales? why oracle? They want to see that you are a competitive person and that you are genuinely interested in the position. They emphasized that they didn't want you to go through the process if you were unsure because many other students take the position and continue to look for other jobs.

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter, and had simple phone interview, then was arranged for the campus interview. i was interviewed by three managers for around one and half hours. first manager asked very detailed questions, they wanted to make sure that you are comfortable for the cold calling and work under pressure... second and last manager asked more broad questions...

Class of Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple and very easy. Most questions revolved around why you want to work for Oracle or why sales. Then they ask you a few questions about your resume and then a few situational questions about sales. Felt very much like a conversation. There were 3 phone interviews and one in person. They all pretty much asked the same questions even though all the interviewers were sharing notes, which was a little annoying. It usually took about a week after each interview to hear back from my recruiter about what the next steps were going to be. The whole process from initial contact (from a recruiter on LinkedIn) to receiving an offer was about 2 months. The beginning of the process seemed promising but by the end the whole thing was disorganized and frustrating. There seemed to be a lack of communication between the recruiter and the people I as interviewing with, so they had me interview more times than probably needed (4 total). In doing so, when they finally offered me the position, they also stated that my start date wouldn't be for another 3 months after what they initially told me. From what they offered me, and what I gathered is standard for all Class of (year) participants (at least in California), pay is base and commission. $45,000 base and $30,000 commission if you meet your target. Plus a signing bonus of $5,000 spread out over the first year. There are 5 weeks of training at the Headquarters in California, where for 3 of those weeks, lodging and meals are paid for by Oracle.

Interview Questions

• Why Oracle/Sales?   Answer Question
    • If I gave you a company and told you to contact them to sell our product, how would you go about doing that?   Answer Question

I didn't want to commute 2+ hours each way for a sales position.

CX Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Had 3 phone calls with many different hiring managers across the country. Finished the interview process with a Skype call that went very smoothly. Overall, a very fast, professional and easy going interview process