Oracle

1,261 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – The hiring process was smooth, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, followed by three phonic interview with multiple people across the globe and then on-site interview. Most of the interview was focused around my resume.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied though online, and they emailed me after a month. After the contact, process was very quick. I had a phone interview with a manager for an hour. They asked a few behavioral questions in the first part, and the most of the time was spend on many technical questions based on my work experience listing on my resume.

Interview Question – Detailed previous IT projects experience and many questions dealing with the technical aspects of their products.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Good organization, the interview process was fun and talked with interesting people. The people were responsive on my emails and stayed engaged throughout the process. A little slow on the offer for fresh out of college people.

Reason for Declining – other opportunities

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through USC and Interviewed through Skype. Recruiter looked disappointed with my face and answers, she ended the interview in 5 minutes and lied to me saying she would send my info to the hiring manager. I emailed her after a month of not hearing back. Never received a reply back. Definitely left a bad impression.

Interview Question – What do you like to do in your freetime?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2012.

Interview Details – Met with the regional director and we discussed my outlook on sales, whether I was a solution seller. I had a follow up with the regional VP at a steakhouse and we discussed the role, it was much less about my background and more about the job.

Interview Question – what do you like about Oracle   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was given a verbal offer of 100K base and 125 variable. It turns out that since I worked for Oracle direct there was a ceiling placed on how much base I could earn so I was offered 85K base instead. By the time I found this out I had already resigned from my last job. Not sure why having worked for Oracle before should be a knock against me.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Resume got passed the HR and on campus interview for a full day with 5 teams. Then HR will help teams and you match each other. Normally everyone will get an offer after on site.

Interview Question – Some of the teams focused more on algorithm, some of them focused more on the past projects.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2010.

Interview Details – A series of on-site interviews with hiring managers. The internal recruiters are on top of their game bringing in top candidates as Oracle is constantly hiring. It's important to develop relationships with these recruiters as much as with the hiring managers. One hiring manager was about to leave for another company, delaying the process, but the hiring manager put things back on track. My offer was communicated as a voicemail a week after my last interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about our sales organization.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Oracles negotiation is internal, abstracted away from the candidate.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out after about a week, initial interview was fine -- recruiter was very helpful and courteous. It was more informative than anything, a few behavioral questions asked, but nothing very tricky. The second interview was cancelled due to weather conditions. A manager then abruptly canceled the rescheduled interview. The campus recruiter apologized and stated would get back to me regarding a new interview time. That was the last I ever heard from her.

Interview Question – No particularly challenging questions.   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Business Development Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Was recruited out of college. Recruiter set up initial interview, then two more phone interviews and my final offer. Mostly asked about my leadership roles in college and professional background. No business case required, it was behavioral.

Interview Question – What is your greatest area for opportunity and growth?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – I scheduled a phone interview shortly after applying online. The interview consisted of questions regarding previous experience, interests, and my availability for an on-site interview at Oracle HQ.

At the on-site interview, I met with the hiring manager and four principal engineers. In each interview, I was asked about previous experience and/or provided challenges. The challenges were standard white board coding problems. Overall, I found the communication skills of the interviewers to be below par. The manager being the worst and the carried over to the post-interview process.

After the on-site interview, I received no further communication from the hiring manager. After two weeks, I reached out to ask about expense reimbursement and whether I was still being considered for the position. The manager seemed put off by the question and responded with a curt email that directed me to a FAQ document. That document, mind you, states that you should reach out to the hiring manager for questions regarding expense reimbursement. Once I explained that to the manager, he had me email him the receipts. Note, however, he never address the other question regarding consideration for the position. That's fine, I thought. I'll ask again later.

Four weeks pass with no communication from the hiring manager and no expense reimbursement. I email the manager asking for an update on the reimbursement and the position. Finally, I learn that I am no longer being considered for the position. Now, one could assume that from the lack of contact. However, I feel it was disrespectful to say nothing after having me come out to Oracle HQ and spend a day with the team.

Regarding reimbursement, he didn't have any answers. I asked for a contact within Oracle HR for his team and he all but refused to provide one. After getting the run around via several correspondences, I called Oracle's main number and was transferred to the HR hotline. After a few minutes of waiting, the system put me into voice mail. I left my contact information and a brief explanation of the problem with reimbursement and the manager. I am now waiting for a response.

Interview Question – None of the questions stood out as particularly difficult. Unfortunately, what I remember is the communications problems, not the content of the interviews.   Answer Question