Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015
1,573 Interview Reviews

Hardware Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Interview

contacted by recruiter. set up multiple phone screens and you interview on site with those who are interested. While the phone interview questions are relevant to the position the onsite questions were meaningless. There were 0 technical questions, only puzzles. The whole process is extremely biased and the is definitely hiring favoritism as qualified candidates have not been hired while unqualified are hired (given they share a "similar" trait as the hiring manager).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

I applied through college recruit team, they have a special e-mail address for college students to apply for their jobs, all you need to do is send an email and attach your resume. I think they will view your resume and find the suitable position for you if they are interested in you. The same day I sent the email, they sent me an email and they asked for my resume together with my unofficial transcripts. So, I send everything they asked for.

Interview Questions

• basic questions about the position and some other questions about the company itself.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Really easy interview, basic questions like tell me about yourself?. What was the most difficult problem you have ever handled?. Most of the questions about behavior. After those easy questions the interviewer just focused on explain me the job's description.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One call to schedule onsite days. And then just fly to SF for two-days onsite interview. I have four group to meet. They are located at HQ, Santa Clara, and Cupertino. The whole process was very smooth. HRs are very nice and the people who interviewed me are also very friendly. They didn't ask any challenging question. We talked about my background and what their group do for most of the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied via a contact with a friend, heard back pretty quick. They questioned me a lot about my previous employers and very little about my abilities, which felt frustrating. I honed this skills that they seemed intent on ignoring. I wish the interview was more about the job at hand.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you would change about your previous work environment?   Answer Question

Product Development[2015 Summer] Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

Interview

First, I'm contacted by a recruiter. Then they send me a the information about a team interested at me. Then, the manager of the team had a the phone interview. Questions are about my general understanding of Java language and cloud/big data things. No programming questions. The manager talks a lot about what the team do and possible project for my intern.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very intense and multiple ones until you reach the hiring manager. The hiring manager seems to have the final word on the candidate. Was not confident that it was a democratic decision.

Interview Questions

• How do you perform in a metrics orientated environment?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me about 2 weeks after I submitted application online(sent resume to an email address for internship). The recruiter asked for my updated resume and transcripts and then arranged a 5-minute phone chat with me. The phone chat is mainly about the overview of the internship and the interview process. And there is only one round phone interview for internship in Oracle. After a week, I was told to have an interview with a group and followed by another group one more week later. And got rejected an week after the second interview.
    One interviewer is not patient at all and not nice as what other people said. Another is almost no emotional(I can not feel whether he is happy or not about the answer)

Interview Questions

• Mostly are general behavior questions about the projects on the resume like:
      1. what is your strength?
      2. what is your weakness?
      3. what's your hobby?
      4. what do you think is the most challenge part in XX project?
      5. what do you want to get from the internship?
      tell me about But also some basic technical questions like:
      1. tell me about some sorting algorithms you know?
      2. how will you find out a bug in the program

Answer Question

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Broomfield, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen from HR with quick technical review, past experience relating to the position, and some cultural questions.
    Hiring manager screen with quick technical review, deeper probe into technical background, and very deep personality review with situational analysis, strengths/weaknesses, communication, ability to work in a global organization, and interest in the company and job.
    Team panel interview in room with video conference for remote members with in depth technical interview, heavy situational analysis, chemistry with the team, how much you have researched the company and its trends, etc.
    Final interview with hiring manager if needed. For me it was skipped and instead had an offer discussion.
    Focus is heavy on the ability to communicate across a global organization and deal with big ego people from the many start ups they have purchased.
    Post verbal offer period is a tedious wait for approval from the management chain - could easily take a month - which may change the title and/or salary.
    Also there is tons of paperwork, which is much mitigated by the high quality online interface.

Interview Questions

• How do you build and maintain relationships across the company given that you may never meet some people face to face?   1 Answer
    • How do you go about integrating disparate products into the mainstream so as to provide a seam less user experience?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Pretty easy interview but no response from them. Interview went very well. I did a followup but no reply. Quite a friendly interview process. The hiring manager made me feel very comfortable. But I was hoping to get a yes or no as a response.