Oracle

1,224 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Senior Internet Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Very brief interview. Spoke with a very friendly hiring manager and had a telephone interview. Lasted about 30 minutes and consisted mostly of fit questions. It was overall a positive experience

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – I scheduled a phone interview shortly after applying online. The interview consisted of questions regarding previous experience, interests, and my availability for an on-site interview at Oracle HQ.

At the on-site interview, I met with the hiring manager and four principal engineers. In each interview, I was asked about previous experience and/or provided challenges. The challenges were standard white board coding problems. Overall, I found the communication skills of the interviewers to be below par. The manager being the worst and the carried over to the post-interview process.

After the on-site interview, I received no further communication from the hiring manager. After two weeks, I reached out to ask about expense reimbursement and whether I was still being considered for the position. The manager seemed put off by the question and responded with a curt email that directed me to a FAQ document. That document, mind you, states that you should reach out to the hiring manager for questions regarding expense reimbursement. Once I explained that to the manager, he had me email him the receipts. Note, however, he never address the other question regarding consideration for the position. That's fine, I thought. I'll ask again later.

Four weeks pass with no communication from the hiring manager and no expense reimbursement. I email the manager asking for an update on the reimbursement and the position. Finally, I learn that I am no longer being considered for the position. Now, one could assume that from the lack of contact. However, I feel it was disrespectful to say nothing after having me come out to Oracle HQ and spend a day with the team.

Regarding reimbursement, he didn't have any answers. I asked for a contact within Oracle HR for his team and he all but refused to provide one. After getting the run around via several correspondences, I called Oracle's main number and was transferred to the HR hotline. After a few minutes of waiting, the system put me into voice mail. I left my contact information and a brief explanation of the problem with reimbursement and the manager. I am now waiting for a response.

Interview Question – None of the questions stood out as particularly difficult. Unfortunately, what I remember is the communications problems, not the content of the interviews.   Answer Question

Oracle Direct Sales Account Manager Interview

Oracle Direct Sales Account Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – I knew the hiring manager so the process was much quicker. Just two formal interviews about my history in the tech sales industry. I met with the VP of Sales and direct hiring manager once each.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated up to the maximum allowed for this position in the first year.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds meeting with the team and managers. Very thorough. Ask the department manager many questions to get a good feeling for the environment and co-worker happiness.

Had several review meetings with single individuals and managers to get a good grasp of the work and the environment.

Interview Question – All standard interview questions   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview, then called in for a face to face interview with the hiring manager within a week. Hiring manager was very professional and made me feel at ease. Obviously there were some tough co-workers that this position would be dealing with, and that appeared to be their main concern on how their hiring candidate would be able to deal with these difficult personalities.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict with co-workers that are above you?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – Honestly, the interview process was a roller coaster. The total time it took from being contacted by an HR rep to actually signing an offer was months long. I know this is probably common for large corporations, so be prepared for this. After a phone call with HR, I next had a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was followed by a number of other phone interviews - I spoke with two peers, the manager's boss, the bosses boss, and finally had an in-person interview with the hiring manager. In between each of these rounds I waited several days (sometimes weeks) with no feedback. Making it to the next round was a total surprise each time. So I want to stress that you shouldn't be discouraged by the amount of time it takes to hear anything. They are all very busy and hiring someone new that requires training and on-boarding is pretty low on their list of priorities.

The interviews were very low-stress and conversational. They asked fair questions and didn't try to stump me the way other interviewers have. They wanted to know about my background and specifically my experience and skill-set relevant to this position.

Interview Question – Tell us what you know about Oracle and why you'd want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiating is not an option. Make sure they have a clear picture of your salary expectation early-on. The HR person might also try to ask you if you think you would accept if an offer were made. I thought this was strange to discuss before actually getting the offer, but it ended up working out since this was my number one choice.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Facilities Coordinator
Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Interview Details – Have has three interviews at this point. Two Phone, and one internal. very sociable, and easy to respond to their questions. Felt very strongly leaving the almost two hour interview.

Interview Question – Describe your weaknesses.   View Answer

Associate Sales Consultant Interview

Associate Sales Consultant

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – First round interview was just a phone screen. Interviewer asked very basic questions regarding my resume and my work experience. Second round interview was more on the behavioral side. Third round and fourth rounds are on-site.

Interview Question – What does resilience mean to you?   Answer Question

Database Administrator Manager Interview

Database Administrator Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in July 2012.

Interview Details – they have very good interview process and they find good consultants to perform the technical interview for the people. Most of their interviewers are on projects and usually find time during evening hours to conduct the interview. They sometime go in to detailed sixty minutes to ninety minutes interview. It is worthied. this is a good company to work for.

Reason for Declining – they wanted to wait month before the start date

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was very brief. They only recruited from select schools and expected the school's admissions process to do most of the work for them. I applied through my school website and was contacted to schedule an interview. After one interview, a background check and GPA review I was given an offer.

Interview Question – Why sales?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No options to negotiate.