Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Principal Member of Technical Staff
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter and set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager loved to hear himself talk so that made it quite easy. Invited for a face-to-face interview but that particular group's interview process was a little different. They prefer to have the candidate give a presentation on their topic of choice. Confirmed the topic was okay with the hiring manager. When I came into present, interviewed with 4 other people and was NOT given an opportunity to present my slides or materials, only to whiteboard. As they said, they preferred if I discussed from memory. Alrighty then!

I felt like I did well enough to advance, however, was not given an opportunity to go to the next round, which was unfortunate but perhaps they already had a finalist in mind.

Interview Question – If the SVP was in front of you, what would you say to her?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Inside Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in July 2013.

Interview Details – Process can be slow, with at least 5-6 interviews. Expect to work on a 30/60/90 day plan. some interviews will be face to face, others on the phone. Do your homework and hit the Oracle web site and read about recent acquisitions and the overall Oracle portfolio: from storage, servers, os, middleware, applications, ect.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here ?   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – The hiring process is slow, it took almost one month.

Negotiation Details – Salary is negotiable.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director Interview

Director
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Interview Details – cumborsome

Interview Question – why is the color red red?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – not a funny guy

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Burlington, MA

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – First step in the process was an informal meeting at a college fair. Soon after was in touch with a recruiter for a phone interview and follow up in person interview. Overall process took about two months from first contact to through the door interview. Everyone I dealt with in HR and through the interview process was very nice.

Reason for Declining – Very long commute was a major issue, took an offer with a smaller growing company much closer to home.

Business Development Managery Interview

Business Development Managery

I applied through other source and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – only single interview had strong referal.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Interviewed based on the resume. Asked about how well of your excel skills, that's all.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

GCO Inter Interview

GCO Inter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – The process began with a short introductory interview with a member of the campus recruiting team with Oracle. I then heard back from the campus recruiter within the next 2 weeks following the first interview to notify me that i had been selected for a secondary Skype interview.
The Skype interview went very well. The majority of the interview questions pertained to my previous experience with an emphasis on my skills related to the job at hand. The interview lasted for an hr and a half, and was relatively straight forward. Nothing was unexpected.
Two weeks later i heard back from the campus recruiter and was offered the job.

Interview Question – Where specifically do you see yourself within 3-5 years with Oracle?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Broomfield, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – One 8 hour interview with individuals and teams totaling 13 people. Fairly standard industry questions, some light technical questions to ensure I could prove I was versed in linux, unix, windows, SAN & NAS systems. Some questions on pressure of deadlines, interacting with development. Standard questions on bug tracking tools & process. Not overly technical but not an easy interview either. Some people disinterested in interview, likely forced to do it. Others were quite well prepared and enjoyable to speak with.

Interview Question – Do you have a problem working with people from India?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took over 4 months after my interview to vet me for an offer. I turned down other contract opportunities while waiting, but in hindsight that may have been a mistake.

Technology Sales Manager Interview

Technology Sales Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Interview Details – Generally there are 3 interviews with both the hiring manager, regional sales manager and VP of Sales overseeing the sales team for the region & product line.

Interview Question – They will focus on past experiences, your sales strategy and will test your knowledge of Oracle's technology, direction, etc. Standard interviewing process   Answer Question