Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015
1,536 Interview Reviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Submitted through internal referral. Target school+high GPA (3.9+). Direct onsite interview. Before the interview, recruiter provides some teams to select and rank. On the onsite interview, talked to different managers in different teams. All questions are simple and standard. Got an offer the second business day.

The recruiter is very responsible and efficient. The overall experience is very positive.

Interview Questions

Got a few offer with higher compensation and better match to my background.

Technology Sales Representative II Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Contacted the recruiter first of all via LinkedIn and was scheduled for a phone interview some days later. Spoke to recruiter, had a very good conversation less than 5mins on the phone, recruiter liked my background and scheduled me for the second interview with the manager. Had a 3 panel interview with my manager and director of sales of the department. I was asked about my background and what I was looking for in a new job and also why I was the best fit for the position. Advice to job seekers know your background, numbers and be confident in your abilities, because they can sniff any doubt in your answers. One other thing that helped me was I came in prepared with my 30 60 90 day plan for the new position. That's a deal maker for you. After the interview my recruiter contacted me and told me my performance was good and she was hoping for the best

Interview Questions
    • What makes you better than the other person we interviewed?
      Why do you want to work with oracle?

View Answer

Oracle Public Cloud - Senior Systems Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle.

It was my worst ever experience. A company recruiter contacted me and I showed interest in OPC infrastructure group. Then I had a technical phone interview which according to them went very well and they called me for an on-site interview. Three interviewers showed up. Before even starting, the first interviewer told me that in case I don't know the answer to a question, to just tell him that and not dance around it, which I answered that I wouldn't. He started asking numerous questions and as soon as I was giving the right answer he would cut me off and ask another question. Most of his questions were administration questions and he was looking for exact commands. He stayed half an over over his time and told me that other interviewer would ask me more programming questions. The second one had several problems printed on pages that he was putting in front of me as soon as I answered them. The third one wanted me to write a function to find the maximum depth of a general tree and when I answered him with the algorithm and data structure, he asked me to write the whole function for him. After he left, I was left alone in the room for over 20 minutes and I had to go out and ask someone to address the situation. Eventually someone showed up and looked up manager's phone number and I left him a voice message and I left. Later on, I got an email from the manager which stated that he was in a meeting and wished me best luck in my future endeavors and I never got to meet him in person.
     I am sure I am not the first one they're treating this way because when I called the recruiting coordinator for confirming the building number, she told me she'd sent over 50 people to that building. I had an interview with Apple the day before which I nailed it but I was genuinely interested in this job. I strongly believe that there should be some kind of oversight in the interview process so that guidelines are followed and candidates are picked based on their technical ability for the particular job opening.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function to find the maximum depth of a general tree with any number of branches   Answer Question

Validation Technical Lead Interview

Very detailed , included programming , assembly and pre-silicon questions regarding assertions and verilog . There were sessions regarding emulation and FPGA speed questions as well .The rest of the interview was focussed on behaviour and debug related aspects and bugs encountered.

Software Engineering Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume on the career fair and had a short conversation over phone discussing about the process and timeline. Then had an hour long interview with the hiring manager of a group. Digged into every detail of almost all the information mentioned on the resume. No typical technical questions. All people are very helpful, nice, and friendly during the process. I think all they are looking for is someone who has the best matched technique background for their projects.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume, past projects, and conceptual technical questions related to past projects.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

Two phone interviews followed by a 1 on 1 interview with a sales director. Each interview lasted around 20 minutes. Asking them questions pushed it to a standard 30 minute interview. First round questions were very basic. Second round questions had more technical questions regarding sales with an inside sales rep. Final round went back to basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just be able to answer why sales and why Oracle.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

My first and second interviews with Oracle were over the phone. They recruiters, interviewers, and hiring managers want to make sure the interviewee is fluid and good at talking on the phone since a majority of the job is cold calling. Overall it was a good experience. The interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to, and didn't very difficult questions.

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

The interview process was very straightforward. I had an on-campus interview that took roughly 30-45 minutes, and was very straightforward. I explained that I'm interested in moving on to a sales role, and I tried to come off excited about sales. The hiring manager and I walked through my resume and she told me a lot about the position.

Then, I had a phone interview about a week later that was also easy. Simple questions about my interests, what I'm looking for, etc. Finally, I had another on-campus interview with a former BDC, and we talked about the position, why I would be a good fit, etc. The next day, I got a phone call with a verbal offer. The written offer came about two weeks later.

Straightforward process for me, and the recruiters do an excellent job making sure all your questions are answered. They got me in touch with other BDC's just so I could chat with them to get more perspective on the position. The hiring manager was also VERY helpful in getting me the location I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard in any of the interviews. Walk through resume, why you want Oracle, BDC, etc.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

I applied on-line and a recruiter called me within 30 minutes and interviewed me. I had another telephone interview with a sales manager and then came in to their Burlington, MA. offices for a face-to-face. Everyone I spoke with was very polite and professional. Two more telephone interviews followed that and I had a strong feeling that I was on the fast-track to a job offer. Lastly, I drove into Burlington again for 3 more half-hour interviews back-to-back with 1 or 2 department managers at each. Those interviewers had never seen my resume prior to meeting me and were not prepared very well. Also, I did not get the warm feeling I had experienced with my earlier interviews and was given very little time to ask questions. After 3 weeks of voice-mailing and emailing my recruiter after that, I realized that was the end of the road with Oracle. Very weird and not very professional. Seems to be the new normal unfortunately! I spoke with a friend who had worked for Oracle for 5 years previously and he told me that my experience was a window into what it's like to work for them. They are just so big that that is how they treat people, he said.

Interview Questions
    • Did you do any research on Oracle and its products prior to applying for the job?   View Answer
    • Why did you apply to Oracle?   View Answer
    • Can you articulate a sales cycle?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with solution selling?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have working in a team based selling environment?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

The process wasn't hard. Phone interview followed by in person interviews. They didn't seem to try to find any faults with me. As long as I was a decent candidate they were going to want me. Interview questions weren't difficult. Simple behavioral interview. The process took about 4 weeks though. Then I got my offer.

Interview Questions
    • What in your background would make you right for this position?   Answer Question