Oracle Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,276 interviews

3.1

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2012.

Met with the regional director and we discussed my outlook on sales, whether I was a solution seller. I had a follow up with the regional VP at a steakhouse and we discussed the role, it was much less about my background and more about the job.

Interview Questions
    I was given a verbal offer of 100K base and 125 variable. It turns out that since I worked for Oracle direct there was a ceiling placed on how much base I could earn so I was offered 85K base instead. By the time I found this out I had already resigned from my last job. Not sure why having worked for Oracle before should be a knock against me.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Resume got passed the HR and on campus interview for a full day with 5 teams. Then HR will help teams and you match each other. Normally everyone will get an offer after on site.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the teams focused more on algorithm, some of them focused more on the past projects.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2010.

A series of on-site interviews with hiring managers. The internal recruiters are on top of their game bringing in top candidates as Oracle is constantly hiring. It's important to develop relationships with these recruiters as much as with the hiring managers. One hiring manager was about to leave for another company, delaying the process, but the hiring manager put things back on track. My offer was communicated as a voicemail a week after my last interview.

Interview Questions
    Oracles negotiation is internal, abstracted away from the candidate.

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Oracle.

Recruiter reached out after about a week, initial interview was fine -- recruiter was very helpful and courteous. It was more informative than anything, a few behavioral questions asked, but nothing very tricky. The second interview was cancelled due to weather conditions. A manager then abruptly canceled the rescheduled interview. The campus recruiter apologized and stated would get back to me regarding a new interview time. That was the last I ever heard from her.

Business Development Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Was recruited out of college. Recruiter set up initial interview, then two more phone interviews and my final offer. Mostly asked about my leadership roles in college and professional background. No business case required, it was behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest area for opportunity and growth?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

I scheduled a phone interview shortly after applying online. The interview consisted of questions regarding previous experience, interests, and my availability for an on-site interview at Oracle HQ.

At the on-site interview, I met with the hiring manager and four principal engineers. In each interview, I was asked about previous experience and/or provided challenges. The challenges were standard white board coding problems. Overall, I found the communication skills of the interviewers to be below par. The manager being the worst and the carried over to the post-interview process.

After the on-site interview, I received no further communication from the hiring manager. After two weeks, I reached out to ask about expense reimbursement and whether I was still being considered for the position. The manager seemed put off by the question and responded with a curt email that directed me to a FAQ document. That document, mind you, states that you should reach out to the hiring manager for questions regarding expense reimbursement. Once I explained that to the manager, he had me email him the receipts. Note, however, he never address the other question regarding consideration for the position. That's fine, I thought. I'll ask again later.

Four weeks pass with no communication from the hiring manager and no expense reimbursement. I email the manager asking for an update on the reimbursement and the position. Finally, I learn that I am no longer being considered for the position. Now, one could assume that from the lack of contact. However, I feel it was disrespectful to say nothing after having me come out to Oracle HQ and spend a day with the team.

Regarding reimbursement, he didn't have any answers. I asked for a contact within Oracle HR for his team and he all but refused to provide one. After getting the run around via several correspondences, I called Oracle's main number and was transferred to the HR hotline. After a few minutes of waiting, the system put me into voice mail. I left my contact information and a brief explanation of the problem with reimbursement and the manager. I am now waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions stood out as particularly difficult. Unfortunately, what I remember is the communications problems, not the content of the interviews.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Left my resume at the career fair from my college. Received an email from the recruiter a few days after that, with some time slots for a phone interview with the manager. The phone conversation with the manager consisted in some questions about some of my previous project, and then technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • When would you choose to use a latch over a flip--flop?   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Consulting Technical Director Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 10 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Approached by Oracle recruiter. Then the trail went cold for six months. Then back on again. The hiring process took about 10 months. 5 interviews in all with various levels.

Senior Internet Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Very brief interview. Spoke with a very friendly hiring manager and had a telephone interview. Lasted about 30 minutes and consisted mostly of fit questions. It was overall a positive experience

Oracle Direct Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

I knew the hiring manager so the process was much quicker. Just two formal interviews about my history in the tech sales industry. I met with the VP of Sales and direct hiring manager once each.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated up to the maximum allowed for this position in the first year.