Oracle

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014
1,418 Interview Reviews

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Get a chance to directly contact the hiring manager and then a telephone interview. The telephone interview is a combination of technical and HR questions. Next one day onsite interview -- all are technical questions and describing past projects.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

Focused and intelligent. Interview with hiring executive, Sr HR manager, and several peers via telephone. Focus on what was needed in the role and asking how I would fit.

Interview Questions
    • Concerned about my high level of experience and becoming unchallenged   View Answer
    Oracle was concerned that I was happy and offered me the upper end of my ask but had no room for additional discussion agree the offer was made

Lead Interview

The process was very long. There were many rounds. But it was interesting and informative and managers made sure that they were hiring the right fit. Multiple rounds with manager. A long technical round.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

The interview process was ridiculous. All they asked for was a resume and then I got an email back telling me that I had been selected into their internship program. A few weeks later I heard from them about choosing a group. Definitely not what I expected!

Interview Questions
    As an intern, the offer was very generous. No negotiation necessary.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle.

Just had one HR round. The guy called me 20 minutes late. We start conversing and it goes well. In the end he asks me my base salary, then he asks me how many stocks i've been given and then he asks me what was the exact amount on my w2 in the last 2 years. When I said I can give that info if I get an offer and if it goes any further, he tells me he won't send my resume to the hiring manager until I provide him with that. Hence, I had to send him that info. He doesn't get back to me about the interview and when I email him to ask where it is at, he sends me a rejection. Very weird experience. Dint except this from oracle.

Financial Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in August 2014.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, in-person interview (2 in one day), phone interview with director of finance. After 2 weeks finally received an offer. Gave counter offer, and accepted position one week after initial offer. Now waiting for background to clear. From submitting application to when I'll start, it will have taken about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for what skills you know, type of work you are currently doing, mostly just getting to know you.   Answer Question
    Little negotiating.

Associate Consultant Interview

All over the phone, very easy going. Hiring Managers just want to see that your personable and handle yourself over the phone. Recruiters are very nice as well, just be realistic in the timeline.

no negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle.

I was working with a local recruiter cross country to get interview with Oracle in their Manufacturing Consultant Group. Most of the paper work, experiences and what I was looking for in the total package was conveyed to the recruiter for expectation. It was the whole day interview. I first met with the consulting manager, which is the person that I report directly, then I was interviewed in a group with several current consultants, then the senior manager, and the project manager with several current projects.

Interview Questions
    • My background was in database, but I didn't work with Oracle database in my previous job except with the government and school doing teaching assistant in database. I mainly was in software development using CASE life cycle and testing products. They want to know if I am cut out to do consultant as it requires many different tasks within the project and my previous employer did not show consultant experience. Also, majority of the interviewee graduated from an ivy league school and I didn't. I had to used my teaching experience and the work from government to show how I have the drive to do consultant and enjoyed doing these consultant projects at client site.. I was very lucky at the time otherwise I don't think I can get into Oracle without Oracle experience.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for Oracle to pay relocation expenses from Virginia to California and short term living expenses while waiting for items to move over cross country. I also got a sign-on bonus.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

2 phone calls relatively easy just tell them you are determined to sell their products, sales experience helps too tell them you love working with people and finding solutions you want to get database if you can because that is the best kind of product to sell for sure

Interview Questions
    • tell them you love working with people and finding solutions   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

I applied for the position, participated in a phone interview, and was hired months later. It is very important to have a college degree to work for Oracle. You also must be patient because sometimes the hiring process is slow.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to describe how you interacted with any of their products before, especially for the work area you are applying in.   Answer Question
    I negotiated over the phone with an HR representative. He did not reveal the salary range, but I guessed (with Glassdoor's help) and he said I was pretty much spot on. I opted for the middle of the salary range. If I had known that Oracle was slow to promote, I would have negotiated for a higher salary.