Oracle

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015
1,501 Interview Reviews

Sales Representative Interview

Interview process took about three months and I had five interviews. They ask very simple behavioral questions but the job is extremely competitive so you have to be creative with your answers. Basically they want to know if you are a good communicator and a hard working person. You don't have to be a business major to get the job.

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Got the job through University recruiting. Process was very smooth and painless. Felt cared for and values throughout and enjoyed getting the job in the end! Interviews were not too tricky and pretty comfortable but still professional. Easily the best hiring process I've ever experienced.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

very easy. all of it was done over the phone. They were very eager to hire someone into the role but didn't have it well thought out as to what exactly the person would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • none, really, they just used it as an opportunity to rag on other companies   Answer Question
    it took them one day to come up with an offer and two weeks to get it approved

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview was easy. Basic expected questions on data structures linked lists pointers stacks queues etc. Convert a string to an integer. What is difference between strcpy and strncpy? How do you reverse a linked list?

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

My company was acquired by Oracle, so I did not actually have an interview with Oracle. However, my understanding is that Oracle traditionally has hired new college grads only from a handful of select universities. That list has been growing over time, and management has pushed to widen the list even further.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in November 2014.

Rather non-technical really... to the point that it makes me question their hiring process and the caliber of the people I'd be working with at this corporation. Most companies I know of that hire decent people vet them through a series of interviews. I literally just had one in-person ~somwhat technical interview (design a system, no coding). They were nice enough to fly me out to san jose for the interview so I'd say overall the experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you'd design a large scale cloud system. What things would you take into account, scalabilty, backups, sharding, etc. I told him what I knew from my limited experience of scaling, and he helped me out in certain places.   Answer Question

Company didn't seem like a good fit. Uncertain about caliber of co-workers. Employees at the office I interviewed at were in cubicles, seems boring.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Had an initial phone interview and then an on sight interview with about 5 people. Questions were typical of a big software company, analytical problems, design problems, and general exploration of skills.

Interview Questions
    • Implement a phone book that works with minimal memory and allows fast lookup.   View Answer
    Simple, I gave them a number that was 25% higher than what I made at my current company and they agreed.

Lead Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in November 2014.

Initial contact with their recruiter and had a phone call to discuss position and expectations on both sides. Called by the Project manager for a phone interview to asssess interest by both parties. Then, scheduled an onsite, face-to-face interview with Director, Project Manager and Technical Leads in one day. Interviews focused more on benefits and job requirements/description. The technical panel interview is the longest but the questions were pretty much vanilla basic Java questions.

Interview Questions
    • Boardwork demonstrating algorithm conceptualization and implementation.   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere. Might be piegion-holed into Oracle only technologies.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT
    Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle in November 2014.

Initial phone interview. Call was prompt, and was very easy to feel comfortable. Asked questions about my background, and other standard interview questions. Nothing was difficult or stressful. Still in interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to switch jobs so soon?   View Answer

Sales and Business Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in November 2014.

Campus recruiting. Recruiter set up preliminary screening call. Two rounds of over the phone interviews with current sales managers. Communication with the company was very slow. A month went by between my final interview and any kind of follow up. 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • How would you overcome someone who is not responding positively to your sales pitch?   Answer Question