Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – Meet a recruiter at campus career fair and we exchanged emails. We set up a phone conversation where he explained the position and answered my questions then set me up to talk to a Team Lead the next week. After speaking with the team lead I received an offer. Two phone interviews and a networking event.

Interview Question – Basic questions about how this position would fit with my personally preferences.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Interviewed on the phone with Recruiter basically going over resume and past experiences. about 1 month later another phone interview with the Manager. Received an offer about 3 weeks later

Interview Question – Please understand that this is a sales position and know what the job description is!!!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted another offer

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview scheduled at the career fair, but it was canceled because the interviewer was sick. I was invited to fly out and interview on site anyway. It was a day-long affair, interviewing 7 times with either one or two people for 7 different teams. Questions were mostly technical, some coding and some brain teasers.

Interview Question – Oracle is mostly a Java shop, but one interviewer asked me to code insertion sort and a few data structures in C.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer terms ended up being non-negotiable, though I was able to extend the offer timing to evaluate other options (total of 1 month instead of 2 weeks).

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – This was an informational interview over the phone, and I did not hear back after this.

Interview Question – Sell me a museum membership (I used to work at a museum).   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Contacted the recruiting manager through career fair at my college. Interview was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Some questions asked were about team work experiences and how I handle a difficult task/hardship.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very straight forward process. Really enjoyed the 2 interviews (one in person, one by phone). Sounds like great work/life balance. Competitive salary

Interview Question – Take me through a sales pitch for a mid-size company. (What should you focus on)   Answer Question

Internet Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview Details – Connected with campus recruiting manager at college career fair. Recruiter emailed within a week to set up on-campus interview. First interview was a one-on-one with the recruiting manager from the fair. Very straightforward - asks you questions and types in your answer to the computer. There weren't any curveballs or strange questions out of the ordinary, and the mood was very relaxed. Towards the end it was a bit rushed, since I only got 30 minutes, and started a bit late, so i did not have time to ask my interviewer more than one question (I asked about the environmental difference between a company he had just left to come work for Oracle). I followed up with some further questions via email.

About a week later, I get an email to set up a second interview, this time a phone interview with a random regional manager. Theses tend to vary depending on who does your interview, as the manager is not given a list of questions to ask, so it would be harder to prepare for the phone interview. The best would be to put yourself in a happy-phone mood and sit somewhere relaxing. The phone interview lasted 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. Some questions on team work (I had specified a lot of team project experience on resume), "Tell me about a hardship you experienced and how you dealt/are dealing with it". Questions on handling stress and being in competitive environment.   View Answer
  • On my resume, i had included a list of software (noting that he was familiar with it) that i had used throughout my undergraduate years. The interviewer picked one and asked me to deliver a 2-minute sales pitch as if i were trying to sell him the software. You don't have any constraints.   View Answer

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Hired through acquisition. Had opportunity to speak to and interact with multiple groups that my previous position touched. Was mapped to the group that would receive the most value from my skill set.

Interview Question – Where would you like to go?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None.

Very Difficult Interview

Inside Sales Interview

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was a type of round robin experience. You would meet with 1 or 2 managers that were hiring; talk for 15-30 minutes for the interview and the move on to another manager with different hiring needs. The toughest guy who interviewed me...I was sure he wasn't going to offer me the position.

Interview Question – Honestly dont remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take the salary or leave it.

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Got th interview cal through college recruitment process. And had three rounds of interview on the same day.

Interview Question – Mostly algorithms and few quiz questions followed by questions on resume and C++. Finally an HR round   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable