Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014
1,348 Interview Reviews

Business Development Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

Was recruited out of college. Recruiter set up initial interview, then two more phone interviews and my final offer. Mostly asked about my leadership roles in college and professional background. No business case required, it was behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest area for opportunity and growth?   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

-Applied online, received email from recruiter next day and set up interview,

-interviewed with recruiter over phone about resume and basic information

-set up interview with manager, interviewed with manager over the phone, was asked about 4-5 questions about handling deadlines and availability to work overtime

-was contacted by recruiter for third interview with hiring manager

-had phone interview with hiring manager, asked about 7-8 questions about working in teams, handling conflicts with co-workers, and overcoming challenges

-received phone call by manager negotiating salary

-received offer after background check cleared

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you knew you were going to miss a deadline and what was your strategy to fix missing the deadline....   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

I applied online through Oracle page, and they contacted me right immediately like on that day which was scary for me. I got an e-mail with to complete some online test with 13 questions and they were on:

25 questions:

15 Analytical Multiple Choice Questions – focusing on sets, trend analysis, calculus, stats, etc.
    5 open ended basic SQL question.
    3 open ended database normalization question.
    1 Multiple Choice English language comprehension question.
    1 open ended language question (this part should be 200 – 300 words).

The entire online assessment test was conducted through hackerrank.com and it was for 90 min.
    Personally I did not go and complete the Quiz within couple of day. I did take my time to prepare and I was right. It is a difficult test. I did use apps like ‘the impossible interview’ and ‘the aptitude interview’ from iTunes app store to prepare. They were a help.

Interview Questions
    • An analyst at Oracle is conducting a satisfaction survey, sampling from a list of 10,000 new users. The list includes 2,500 French users, 2,500 German users, 2,500 Italian users, and 2,500 Portuguese users, The analyst selects a sample of 400 users, by randomly sampling 100 users of each country. Is this an example of simple random sample?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

Interview offered after an academic visit to the company headquarter: during the visit, the contact of the company and the professor agreed on looking for an internship opportunities for some students, and in few hours we were given the chance of an interview. Two days later, the interview lasted 3 hours and consisted in several company employees asking the most diverse questions about CS and in particular about my work field and thesis, from general questions about my prior work to very detailed questions. Moreover, some interviewers checkedmy programming and designing skills by asking me to program with C language and to design a circuit that implements a memory.

Interview Questions
    • Which changes would you make to the CPU cache architecture to improve it? Would you be able to design a memory?   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Consulting Technical Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

Approached by Oracle recruiter. Then the trail went cold for six months. Then back on again. The hiring process took about 10 months. 5 interviews in all with various levels.

Senior Internet Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Very brief interview. Spoke with a very friendly hiring manager and had a telephone interview. Lasted about 30 minutes and consisted mostly of fit questions. It was overall a positive experience

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter and set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager loved to hear himself talk so that made it quite easy. Invited for a face-to-face interview but that particular group's interview process was a little different. They prefer to have the candidate give a presentation on their topic of choice. Confirmed the topic was okay with the hiring manager. When I came into present, interviewed with 4 other people and was NOT given an opportunity to present my slides or materials, only to whiteboard. As they said, they preferred if I discussed from memory. Alrighty then!

I felt like I did well enough to advance, however, was not given an opportunity to go to the next round, which was unfortunate but perhaps they already had a finalist in mind.

Interview Questions
    • If the SVP was in front of you, what would you say to her?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

The hiring process is slow, it took almost one month.

Salary is negotiable.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

First step in the process was an informal meeting at a college fair. Soon after was in touch with a recruiter for a phone interview and follow up in person interview. Overall process took about two months from first contact to through the door interview. Everyone I dealt with in HR and through the interview process was very nice.

Very long commute was a major issue, took an offer with a smaller growing company much closer to home.

Business Development Managery Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Oracle.

only single interview had strong referal.