Oracle

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014
1,386 Interview Reviews

Financial Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in August 2014.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, in-person interview (2 in one day), phone interview with director of finance. After 2 weeks finally received an offer. Gave counter offer, and accepted position one week after initial offer. Now waiting for background to clear. From submitting application to when I'll start, it will have taken about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for what skills you know, type of work you are currently doing, mostly just getting to know you.   Answer Question
    Little negotiating.

Associate Consultant Interview

All over the phone, very easy going. Hiring Managers just want to see that your personable and handle yourself over the phone. Recruiters are very nice as well, just be realistic in the timeline.

no negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle.

I was working with a local recruiter cross country to get interview with Oracle in their Manufacturing Consultant Group. Most of the paper work, experiences and what I was looking for in the total package was conveyed to the recruiter for expectation. It was the whole day interview. I first met with the consulting manager, which is the person that I report directly, then I was interviewed in a group with several current consultants, then the senior manager, and the project manager with several current projects.

Interview Questions
    • My background was in database, but I didn't work with Oracle database in my previous job except with the government and school doing teaching assistant in database. I mainly was in software development using CASE life cycle and testing products. They want to know if I am cut out to do consultant as it requires many different tasks within the project and my previous employer did not show consultant experience. Also, majority of the interviewee graduated from an ivy league school and I didn't. I had to used my teaching experience and the work from government to show how I have the drive to do consultant and enjoyed doing these consultant projects at client site.. I was very lucky at the time otherwise I don't think I can get into Oracle without Oracle experience.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate for Oracle to pay relocation expenses from Virginia to California and short term living expenses while waiting for items to move over cross country. I also got a sign-on bonus.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

2 phone calls relatively easy just tell them you are determined to sell their products, sales experience helps too tell them you love working with people and finding solutions you want to get database if you can because that is the best kind of product to sell for sure

Interview Questions
    • tell them you love working with people and finding solutions   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

I applied for the position, participated in a phone interview, and was hired months later. It is very important to have a college degree to work for Oracle. You also must be patient because sometimes the hiring process is slow.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to describe how you interacted with any of their products before, especially for the work area you are applying in.   Answer Question
    I negotiated over the phone with an HR representative. He did not reveal the salary range, but I guessed (with Glassdoor's help) and he said I was pretty much spot on. I opted for the middle of the salary range. If I had known that Oracle was slow to promote, I would have negotiated for a higher salary.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle.

Went through first wave of summer 2013 "Class Of" program. Interview process was a joke. Two phone calls, that was it. Whole process from first contact to offer was less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions at all. The recruiter was easy to talk to and said the same for me, and it was almost a foregone conclusion.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate salary, but was able to push back start date.

Oracle Asia Pacific Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Sent resume/cover letter to recruiter that posted on University career center website. Had 1 hour phone interview with Senior Director. Second interview with VP level and video call with local office manager. Mostly behavioral questions on why Oracle, and what my experiences were. Overall very positive experience with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions -- experiences, strengths, weakness, career goals, familiarity with Oracle products and business lines. Asked about knowledge on IT industry: upcoming trends, where Oracle's products need to focus on, how the customers can benefit etc.   View Answers (2)

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Applied online and also pushed my resume through an employee. Five rounds of telephone interviews - 4 technical / skill interviews, 1 interview with the HR. First round, I was asked to prepare and send a document explaining in detail all major programming projects done in previous employment / education course work. Second round was on multi-threading programming. Third round on memory management. Fourth technical round on database management and performance. Each round lasted about 45-mins to an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on web technologies, memory management and multi-thread programming.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Campus Interview and Onsite. Group members will talk with you when you have onsite interview. After a month, decision will be emailed to you. And HR will contact you about it.

Senior Director Interview

Very professional hiring process, but you have to be patient, as sometime it takes time. I was approached by recruiter, and it took about 8 weeks from first contact to job offer. Had 2 FTF and 3 phone interviews. Once I was done with interviews, I got the offer within 3-4 days.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall any difficult questions, mostly scenario based.   Answer Question

This was a tough one, as I was willing to accept a relatively lower total compensation at Oracle, but my company really did go out of the way to keep me and offered me a significant bump in salary, and gave me huge RSU package to stay. Challenge with Oracle is that they can't offer structured bonus (since it's discretionary) and I was told that Oracle doesn't offer RSU, so I was leaving significant $$ RSU to join Oracle but they couldn't give me any incentive beyond fixed base salary. This was a deal breaker, as for most high tech companies Director and above makes 30-40% of their compensation in RSU/bonus and Oracle can't meet that. In fairness to Oracle they did offer me a higher base salary then I was making (prior to my company bumping that as well) but it was not good enough. In general I found Oracle to be a good company, if you are satisfied with a 50 percentile level salary for your job and looking for good work-life balance.