Oracle Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Honestly, the interview process was a roller coaster. The total time it took from being contacted by an HR rep to actually signing an offer was months long. I know this is probably common for large corporations, so be prepared for this. After a phone call with HR, I next had a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was followed by a number of other phone interviews - I spoke with two peers, the manager's boss, the bosses boss, and finally had an in-person interview with the hiring manager. In between each of these rounds I waited several days (sometimes weeks) with no feedback. Making it to the next round was a total surprise each time. So I want to stress that you shouldn't be discouraged by the amount of time it takes to hear anything. They are all very busy and hiring someone new that requires training and on-boarding is pretty low on their list of priorities.

The interviews were very low-stress and conversational. They asked fair questions and didn't try to stump me the way other interviewers have. They wanted to know about my background and specifically my experience and skill-set relevant to this position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what you know about Oracle and why you'd want to work here   Answer Question
    Negotiating is not an option. Make sure they have a clear picture of your salary expectation early-on. The HR person might also try to ask you if you think you would accept if an offer were made. I thought this was strange to discuss before actually getting the offer, but it ended up working out since this was my number one choice.

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2013.

Multiple rounds meeting with the team and managers. Very thorough. Ask the department manager many questions to get a good feeling for the environment and co-worker happiness.

Had several review meetings with single individuals and managers to get a good grasp of the work and the environment.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Phone screening interview, then called in for a face to face interview with the hiring manager within a week. Hiring manager was very professional and made me feel at ease. Obviously there were some tough co-workers that this position would be dealing with, and that appeared to be their main concern on how their hiring candidate would be able to deal with these difficult personalities.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle conflict with co-workers that are above you?   Answer Question

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

Have has three interviews at this point. Two Phone, and one internal. very sociable, and easy to respond to their questions. Felt very strongly leaving the almost two hour interview.

Associate Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

First round interview was just a phone screen. Interviewer asked very basic questions regarding my resume and my work experience. Second round interview was more on the behavioral side. Third round and fourth rounds are on-site.

Database Administrator Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in July 2012.

they have very good interview process and they find good consultants to perform the technical interview for the people. Most of their interviewers are on projects and usually find time during evening hours to conduct the interview. They sometime go in to detailed sixty minutes to ninety minutes interview. It is worthied. this is a good company to work for.

they wanted to wait month before the start date

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview process was very brief. They only recruited from select schools and expected the school's admissions process to do most of the work for them. I applied through my school website and was contacted to schedule an interview. After one interview, a background check and GPA review I was given an offer.

No options to negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood, OR

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

The response from the company was super fast. I was contacted the next day after submitting the resume to set up a phone interview time. The interview lasted about 1 hour with three coding questions. The interviewer was very professional and he tried to discover my best potential.

Interview Questions
    • All three coding questions were about software design patterns. The most difficult one was to design a software of calculating the total cost of a pizza order based on the given possible pizza sizes and toppings.   Answer Question

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter and set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager loved to hear himself talk so that made it quite easy. Invited for a face-to-face interview but that particular group's interview process was a little different. They prefer to have the candidate give a presentation on their topic of choice. Confirmed the topic was okay with the hiring manager. When I came into present, interviewed with 4 other people and was NOT given an opportunity to present my slides or materials, only to whiteboard. As they said, they preferred if I discussed from memory. Alrighty then!

I felt like I did well enough to advance, however, was not given an opportunity to go to the next round, which was unfortunate but perhaps they already had a finalist in mind.

Interview Questions
    • If the SVP was in front of you, what would you say to her?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in July 2013.

Process can be slow, with at least 5-6 interviews. Expect to work on a 30/60/90 day plan. some interviews will be face to face, others on the phone. Do your homework and hit the Oracle web site and read about recent acquisitions and the overall Oracle portfolio: from storage, servers, os, middleware, applications, ect.