Oracle

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014
1,420 Interview Reviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle.

Went through first wave of summer 2013 "Class Of" program. Interview process was a joke. Two phone calls, that was it. Whole process from first contact to offer was less than a week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions at all. The recruiter was easy to talk to and said the same for me, and it was almost a foregone conclusion.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate salary, but was able to push back start date.

Oracle Asia Pacific Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Sent resume/cover letter to recruiter that posted on University career center website. Had 1 hour phone interview with Senior Director. Second interview with VP level and video call with local office manager. Mostly behavioral questions on why Oracle, and what my experiences were. Overall very positive experience with the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions -- experiences, strengths, weakness, career goals, familiarity with Oracle products and business lines. Asked about knowledge on IT industry: upcoming trends, where Oracle's products need to focus on, how the customers can benefit etc.   View Answers (2)

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Applied online and also pushed my resume through an employee. Five rounds of telephone interviews - 4 technical / skill interviews, 1 interview with the HR. First round, I was asked to prepare and send a document explaining in detail all major programming projects done in previous employment / education course work. Second round was on multi-threading programming. Third round on memory management. Fourth technical round on database management and performance. Each round lasted about 45-mins to an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on web technologies, memory management and multi-thread programming.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Campus Interview and Onsite. Group members will talk with you when you have onsite interview. After a month, decision will be emailed to you. And HR will contact you about it.

Senior Director Interview

Very professional hiring process, but you have to be patient, as sometime it takes time. I was approached by recruiter, and it took about 8 weeks from first contact to job offer. Had 2 FTF and 3 phone interviews. Once I was done with interviews, I got the offer within 3-4 days.

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall any difficult questions, mostly scenario based.   Answer Question

This was a tough one, as I was willing to accept a relatively lower total compensation at Oracle, but my company really did go out of the way to keep me and offered me a significant bump in salary, and gave me huge RSU package to stay. Challenge with Oracle is that they can't offer structured bonus (since it's discretionary) and I was told that Oracle doesn't offer RSU, so I was leaving significant $$ RSU to join Oracle but they couldn't give me any incentive beyond fixed base salary. This was a deal breaker, as for most high tech companies Director and above makes 30-40% of their compensation in RSU/bonus and Oracle can't meet that. In fairness to Oracle they did offer me a higher base salary then I was making (prior to my company bumping that as well) but it was not good enough. In general I found Oracle to be a good company, if you are satisfied with a 50 percentile level salary for your job and looking for good work-life balance.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle.

Pretty straightforward. One phone interview followed by 6 onsite.

Onsite interviews were - 3 coding, 2 technical but not coding - one managerial. Lunch interview with manager in which he asked design questions

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Met with a university recruiter at a career fair on campus. Had 3 phone interviews with various sales team members. All interviews were very similar. All behavioral questions and overall assessing your potential fit within the company.

Interview Questions
    • List 2 things that you've recently accomplished in your life. What was the most valuable thing that you accomplished at your past job?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asia, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asia, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in July 2014.

Telephone and 1st interview. They didn't provide any results over 1 month after interview. In addition, they didn't mention the salary rage. It seems they don't think about applicant's status and how to feel about the company.

Interview Questions
    • They had flexible two positions and needed to choose suitable applicant as their position.   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

4 phone interview and 2 face to face. 4 interview were technical and one situational and one managerial round. overall it was pleasant experience . they look for logical person with lots of aptitude knowledge

Interview Questions
    • all questions were about what I had done in past .situational question were like most difficult task I took and completed   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

The hiring process was smooth, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, followed by three phonic interview with multiple people across the globe and then on-site interview. Most of the interview was focused around my resume.