Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had not gone through too much of interview process.It was just one interview through I got selected.

Interview Question – Why do you think we should hire you and what difference you can make to the organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They started with a low salary and i rejected and they came back after 15 days and offered me the salary i asked for.

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was ok

Interview Question – Tell us about time when you went above and beyond to facilitate on time project delivery   Answer Question

HW Engineer Interview

HW Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Standard process. Got call when I was in college. Met multiple teams, questions were mostly standard questions for instance Fifo design, tomosula algorithm, some puzzles etc
Interviewed with around 3 teams in same day, ~8 hours of interview quite a few questions were repeated among teams as they seem to have standard questions.

Interview Question – TOmasulo Algorithim   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was more interested in system SW & got another offer from competing organization

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2010.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of technical interview followed by last round with manager

Interview Question – Related to Application Egnine   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university, got an interview, and and another one with senior management

Interview Question – Most of them were basic interview questions   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Corporate Finance Intern

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – personal, well structured

Interview Question – Mostly driven on experience and skill   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Social Media Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the job and a couples week later the recruiter called to set up an interview, from there I spoke with the hiring manger and then the rest of the team. The process seemed a little disorganized for such a large company. Once I spoke with the recruiter, it was all in the hiring managers hands. The hiring manager was a really nice person but you could tell they were very busy and didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to the interviews. Once I interviewed with the hiring manger then they wanted me to speak to the team I would be working with. I ended up having to set up all these calls and felt like I was somewhat of a bother to these people but they were super nice once I was able to get them on the phone. All the interviews went really well. Once they were done I had to continue to do the follow-up and finally was told that they went with an internal candidate. I would never have known if I had not followed up with the hiring manger (multiple times). I was obviously bummed I did not get the job but the level of disorganization and how hard I had to work to get the interviews made me a little nervous.

Interview Question – What I would do to engage the speakers with social media?   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Business Development Consultant
Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2012.

Interview Details – Long process with plenty of iterations. Met with Recruiter for phone screening -- then with current senior BD's for panel interview, then with hiring manager and finally a quick call with the regional VP. Strenuous timeline but understand their need to hire the best (and be sure).

Interview Question – All fairly standard. Actually enjoyed getting to speak with folks already in the role.   Answer Question

Oracle Software Engineering Intern Interview

Oracle Software Engineering Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – Process took 2-3 weeks. Applied in March/April 2013. Applied online, and heard back from a recruiter within a week. She was very friendly throughout. She scheduled interviews with three different teams on different days. After the last one, heard back about an offer within a day. The entire process proceeded smoothly, and my recruiter replied promptly. The earlier you apply, the higher chance that they will be able to find teams that match your interests.

Interview Question – Describe the types of algorithms you've worked with. This was followed up by specific questions about a particular algorithm I mentioned.   Answer Question

Business Development Consultant Interview

Business Development Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university and was invited to a one-on-one interview with the senior director of business development on campus. He had me walk through my resume and explain what drew me to the (very diverse) internships I've had. He also asked about specific goals that I've set and reached as well as goals that I have not yet reached. We also touched on the classic "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type of question. The interviewer placed a big emphasis on how competitive the company/position are and how you must have a lot of drive to succeed in the position. He gave me a "homework" assignment that basically was what I'd write in a thank you note anyway, and I heard back within approx. a week.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything too unexpected. They really wanted concrete proof of drive/competitive spirit.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle interview questions and advice. All 1,200 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.