Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014
Updated Oct 18, 2014
1,348 Interview Reviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Contacted by recruiter after applying. Phone interview. Got rejected. Interview asked basic behavioral questions with some basic technical questions too. Nothing too unexpected. I didn't have all the required knowledge for the position. But other than that it is your typical phone interview. Not sure what comes next after that.

TAM Interview

It was a three step interview process. I was infront of a panel of managers. I was questioned about my experience and my knowledge.

Software Developer II Interview

1 pre-screening to discuss general information about me, and then 3 technical interviews mostly related to OS, computer architecture, data structures and java. Finally office visit and meet each member of team for 30 mins each. I met 4 member total of 2 hrs, all was general and technical discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Which IPC process is better ?
      Why multiple inheritance is not provided in java but it is in c++.
        Answer Question

Veirification Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

The manager is nice. He asked about basic questions such as verilog questions, ckt timing questions, function of DFF, FIFO and so on. Questions a little higher level such as Tomasulo Algorithm, Cache Coherency were asked, too. Questions are friendly. He also asked about courses situation and knowledge about verification.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Took 2 weeks +. first had a phone screen with the Senior Project Manager. IT was strait fwd and std java questions. Called for inperson interview. Lasted for 4.5 hrs. Meet more than 7 people of the team. Most of them went well except one lady. she seemed to be rude and interrupted almost every time. Very annoying.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all java related:
      1) static in java
      6) collection related questions. Problem related to hashmap
      7) sql queries on outer join and inner join
      8) rest web service problem
      9) tic tac toe problem
      thats most of them i remember.
        Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

I scheduled a phone interview shortly after applying online. The interview consisted of questions regarding previous experience, interests, and my availability for an on-site interview at Oracle HQ.

At the on-site interview, I met with the hiring manager and four principal engineers. In each interview, I was asked about previous experience and/or provided challenges. The challenges were standard white board coding problems. Overall, I found the communication skills of the interviewers to be below par. The manager being the worst and the carried over to the post-interview process.

After the on-site interview, I received no further communication from the hiring manager. After two weeks, I reached out to ask about expense reimbursement and whether I was still being considered for the position. The manager seemed put off by the question and responded with a curt email that directed me to a FAQ document. That document, mind you, states that you should reach out to the hiring manager for questions regarding expense reimbursement. Once I explained that to the manager, he had me email him the receipts. Note, however, he never address the other question regarding consideration for the position. That's fine, I thought. I'll ask again later.

Four weeks pass with no communication from the hiring manager and no expense reimbursement. I email the manager asking for an update on the reimbursement and the position. Finally, I learn that I am no longer being considered for the position. Now, one could assume that from the lack of contact. However, I feel it was disrespectful to say nothing after having me come out to Oracle HQ and spend a day with the team.

Regarding reimbursement, he didn't have any answers. I asked for a contact within Oracle HR for his team and he all but refused to provide one. After getting the run around via several correspondences, I called Oracle's main number and was transferred to the HR hotline. After a few minutes of waiting, the system put me into voice mail. I left my contact information and a brief explanation of the problem with reimbursement and the manager. I am now waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions stood out as particularly difficult. Unfortunately, what I remember is the communications problems, not the content of the interviews.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Phone interview first, then brought in to meet with VP and one of his managers. Good, pleasant interview.

Say higher than you expect on salary, then you can negotiate from there.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mineola, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mineola, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Got a call from Oracle about a position I applied for in Mineola, NY at their Fatwire division. She set up a phone interview a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions where very low level JAVA language questions. Questions like what is the Super class of all classes in JAVA. How does the class loader work. What are the different drivers in JDBC (he did want to know about JAVA JDBC Connectors so I do not know what he was referring to). The questions where mostly like this. Things that I never heard anyone else ask before on a JAVA interview.   View Answers (2)

HW Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Standard process. Got call when I was in college. Met multiple teams, questions were mostly standard questions for instance Fifo design, tomosula algorithm, some puzzles etc
    Interviewed with around 3 teams in same day, ~8 hours of interview quite a few questions were repeated among teams as they seem to have standard questions.

Interview Questions

I was more interested in system SW & got another offer from competing organization

Staff Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Two phone interviews, then an in person interview and skills test. Two interviewers for the in person, each asking a standard set of questions, and then their own mix. As expected, a heavy emphasis on database questions. Overall nice, clean offices. Seemed like a good environment. In an excellent part of town.