Oracle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015
1,831 Interview Reviews

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Only one round of technical interview. Lasted for about 1hr 30min. Generally not hard, but you'd better know everything you listed on your resume in and out. Be able to think fast.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

They asked basic questions on my background, and there is a simple interview with the managers. The difficulty really depends on the manager I would say. There really isn't a multi-level interview process for associate level sales roles.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales and Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Applied through school recruiting and got contacted by a recruiter within a few days. I had three phone interviews, all behavioral. Typically the recruiter would email asking for my schedule for the next two weeks and then set up the interview time for me. The interviewers were managers across the country.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you don't enjoy but need to do to succeed?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Oracle was organized and professional during the process. They were also flexible in terms of offering opportunities to work from almost anywhere. I like the bonus structure as described as well. It was structured so as to encourage teams to meet team goals, and to encourage individuals to strive to meet their personal goals as well.

Interview Questions

• What were the most prominent functions of your most recent position and how can you translate that into success for what we are planning?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Three phone interviews with Sales Managers from across the U.S. None from the office I was going to work in. Very disjointed process with almost no follow up. Did not know if I was moving along in the interview process, and then would randomly be contacted to set up an interview. After third interview was not told next steps, but received email containing offer about a month later.

Interview Questions

• How I worked in teams versus working alone.   1 Answer

Had more exciting offer. Less pay but more responsibilities and in city I wanted to be in.

Technical Analyst (Support) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Horrible interview process. Onboarding process took almost 3 months. There are around 4 or 5 interviews, if you are interviewing from long-distance anyway. Don't think you are going to negotiate with them on salary...no room for negotiation with this company. They need the money for their sales parties and new sail boats. You will likely get low-balled. Most employees agree the best way to get a good salary at Oracle is to quit and and come back after you've been paid fairly by a different employer. The best advice is to stay away from this company though.

Interview Questions

• Yadda yadda questions, and technical questions were based on a 2 hour exam, consisting of logic questions and IQ shape pattern questions, and some story problems (logic). Pretty easy.   Answer Question

Business and Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists of two phone interviews and one final in-person conversation. The two phone interviews lasted about 15 minutes each. They mainly wanted to know how my past experience applied to sales, what I knew about the position and company, and, of course, why I should be hired. Overall the process was pretty straightforward; no role-playing or gimmicks, just basic questions. They are mostly looking for confidence, communication skills, and enthusiasm toward the company.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in March 2015.

Interview

A good and manageable interview process. One brief phone interview with a recruiter and then an hour long phone interview with two managers in the office that have different roles. 30 minutes per manager on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why Oracle? Why Sales? How will you overcome obstacles and failures in Sales? Cold Calling?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Austin, TX. Contacted by 2 different recruiters, and scheduled for an "Open House" event to network and be exposed to hiring managers. Submitted a profile form in a MS Word document with a variety of questions which I have listed below. If you answer them to their liking, and pass a preliminary screening of your experience and qualifications, you will be invited to an Open House networking, meet & greet event at a local hotel. The Open House event was at a nice Hotel in Austin. You arrive, sign in, and are given a badge with your name, as well as a table theme word below your name, such as Teamwork, Passion, Growth, and the event was well organized. I would estimate 80 potential candidates were present, and a bunch of people were then crammed into a small room where the majority of the people spent time ordering from the bar, at their own expense. I networked with three different managers, took notes regarding the questions and answers I asked, as well as the conversations from others. Be aware that you are being reviewed from the moment you walk into the Hotel, someone is looking at you, how you act, dress, appear focused, positive, organized, and maintain energy from start to finish. The Open House will last approximately 2 hours. You are instructed to dress business professional, meaning black or navy business suit, white shirt, black tie, belt, shoes. DO NOT SHOW UP wearing a pair of khakis, an oxford, and a sport coat with loafers. Dress like a Wall Street drone-clone. A good example might be to do a Google Image Search for "Matrix Agents." Now you get it. After an hour of walking around looking for "Red Badges," ie. the managers will be wearing red clip on name badges, and you're to walk around and find them like, "Where's Waldo?". Next you are called into a banquet room with a bunch of tables. Your seating is coordinated by your name tag theme, so "Teamwork" badges will sit here at this table. "Passion" badges will sit here at this table. To my knowledge there is no creatively intelligent assignment of those names. Rather it's just another way to show you are part of a small group, compartmentalized in every way, and then absorbed into the Matrix known as Oracle, where everything tastes like chicken. A Sales Director got up and gave his best effort at being passionate while speaking to an extremely boring Power Point presentation that essentially lists the same bullet points you can get from their "About Us" on their website. Next you watch this video of the America's Cup, Oracle boat racing, running into other boats, flipping over, and basically being completely hazardous; which I'm not sure is the most appropriate depiction of a responsible company, but so be it. By the way, each boat costs $150 million, and they have like 5 of them. Yeah; that's a billion dollars in boats. The old Oracle CEO known as "Next Slide Please," is no longer there, but they speak about him as if he's the current CEO because of his legacy of arrogance. The entire presentation by the Sales Director is a full-on "Come Drink the Koolaid at Oracle!" After the presentation, you are then given 30 minutes to speak with the 2-3 managers sitting at your table and ask them questions. They rotate new managers to your table 2-3 times, time permitting. So, the next step was to come back for an interview if you receive an email within one day confirming you were moving to the next step. I did receive that email, and so did like 40 other candidates. I knew that because a friend of mine pointed out the recruiter who sent the form letter email cc'd all of the candidates publicly rather than using bcc. Pretty poor business practices and security for a company that invented the "database", but who am I to judge. During the conversations with the recruiters, they informed me that there would be a panel interview, then if that went well I would be brought back to meet with the manager I would be working for to finalize the offer and accept the position. In the form letter it stated to bring at least six copies of your resume. I arrived, waited 10 minutes past the interview start time, was greeted by one manager, taken to some interview room, asked two questions, and that was that. No notes, no other managers, nothing. It was the most anti-climactic ending I've ever experienced.

Sales and Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Heard about the opening through my university recruitment program. Went to info session, really liked the people. Applied, in a week had a few phone interviews, as well as one on site in person interview. Positive experience, almost all the questions were behavioral. Learned about great training, career opportunities, benefits, MBA option.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer. How did you manage the situation?   1 Answer