Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Broomfield, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – One 8 hour interview with individuals and teams totaling 13 people. Fairly standard industry questions, some light technical questions to ensure I could prove I was versed in linux, unix, windows, SAN & NAS systems. Some questions on pressure of deadlines, interacting with development. Standard questions on bug tracking tools & process. Not overly technical but not an easy interview either. Some people disinterested in interview, likely forced to do it. Others were quite well prepared and enjoyable to speak with.

Interview Question – Do you have a problem working with people from India?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took over 4 months after my interview to vet me for an offer. I turned down other contract opportunities while waiting, but in hindsight that may have been a mistake.

Technology Sales Manager Interview

Technology Sales Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Interview Details – Generally there are 3 interviews with both the hiring manager, regional sales manager and VP of Sales overseeing the sales team for the region & product line.

Interview Question – They will focus on past experiences, your sales strategy and will test your knowledge of Oracle's technology, direction, etc. Standard interviewing process   Answer Question

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Applications Sales Representative
Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter Calls. If you pass that, you meet with 2 sets of managers then one Sales Director. Just be yourself and prove you can have a conversation. If you have the sales background; that is half the battle.

Interview Question – Just know your business inside and out. Difficult scenarios you have had in the past. Do not act like you know it all. They do not want that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were hiring a ton of people and I had little to no say. If they are filling in a few spots and want you they will pay you more.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Took 2 weeks +. first had a phone screen with the Senior Project Manager. IT was strait fwd and std java questions. Called for inperson interview. Lasted for 4.5 hrs. Meet more than 7 people of the team. Most of them went well except one lady. she seemed to be rude and interrupted almost every time. Very annoying.

Interview Question – Questions were all java related:
6) collection related questions. Problem related to hashmap
7) sql queries on outer join and inner join
8) rest web service problem
9) tic tac toe problem
thats most of them i remember.
  Answer Question

Software Engineer (Software Developer II) Interview

Software Engineer (Software Developer II)
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the hiring manager the very next day. He talked to me about his team and their products. He asked me a few questions about my background to see if I would be a match. He then scheduled three technical phone screens with senior developers. (Posted the questions below).

Once the phone screens were done, I was given a five hour coding exercise in Java. Once I submitted the code, it was reviewed and withing two days, I was called in for an on-site interview at Dallas.

Onsite interview consisted of three technical interviews with two of the same people who already interviewed me on phone, and one new member of the team. I also talked to the Director, Senior Director and VP during the day.

Then they took me to a team lunch, where everyone from the team were present; it was a really long lunch and not the typical lunch interviews you see in an onsite interview. It was fun.

After the lunch, there was a group interview. The manager, along with 3 other senior developers from the team interviewed me in a conference room where I was asked a lot of technical questions, asked to write algorithms and two or three behavioral questions as well..

Once the group interview was over, the Hiring Manager took me around in his car to take a look around the north Dallas area for about an hour. Another new thing I have noticed in an interview.

Later the very next day, I was told that they are satisfied with me and talked briefly about the offer. I was able to negotiate a few thousand dollars. However I could not get any relocation / joining bonus.

The background check was started and it took one month for it to complete. The manager approval process was happening in parallel. Once the background check was done, I received an email with the offer notification the very next day.

Overall it was a pleasant experience interviewing with this team. They were more friendly and open minded than any other team(or company) I have interviewed with.

Interview Question – Phone interview 1:
1. Questions about my projects and work experience
2. Questions from Java - OOPS concepts and multithreading - Nothing unexpected.
3. Some questions about web services and SOA.

Phone interview 2:
1. Questions about my previous work experience
2. Lot of java questions - again, nothing unexpected
3. A simple algorithm question, where I was just asked to orally tell him how I solved a particular problem
4. Questions about design patterns

Phone interview 3 and 4:
1. Questions about my project
2. Software Security concepts
3. Some cryptography and OS related questions
4. A coding question to validate structure of a URL

On-Site interview questions:
1. A puzzle about what doors will be open and closed when 100 people visit all of 100 doors, with some conditions. I don't remember it exactly.
2. There are apples with same weight in each of the ten boxes except one. Find out which box it is using just one use of the weighing scale.
3. Lot of questions on Java
4. Write a program that would take a phone number as input and validate it
5. Implement the functionality of Math.abs() in a single line
6. Design an elevator system - OOPS design
7. Some more algorithm questions that I don't remember
8. One of the interviewer had a print out of java code samples and asked me what the output will be and what code fix has to be done etc...
9. What are the five most important things you expect in your job?
10. Where do you see yourself in 2 months after you join the team, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years.. lol
11. A puzzle where there are two people where one person always lies and the other person always tells the truth. We should ask them a question and get the right answer. We should ask just one question.

I remember only so much...
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hiring Manager talked to me about the offer package and I was kind of satisfied with the offer. However, when I received the offer letter, I was surprised to see they had offered me more(just a few thousand dollars) than what was discussed.

Senior Buyer Interview

Senior Buyer
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in July 2011.

Interview Details – Had strong employee refereral which help me move quickly through the interview process

Negotiation Details – fairly strait forward

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter at the career fair, had 2 over the phone interviews and then got the final offer. Entire process was pretty quick!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter after applying. Phone interview. Got rejected. Interview asked basic behavioral questions with some basic technical questions too. Nothing too unexpected. I didn't have all the required knowledge for the position. But other than that it is your typical phone interview. Not sure what comes next after that.

Business Development Consultant Interview

Business Development Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Informational phone call, followed by an in-person interview with hiring manager and Q&A session with employee working in the role currently. Follow up phone interview with another hiring manager. Received verbal job offer the week following the second interview.

Interview Question – What do you dislike about your current job, and how do you make the best of it?   Answer Question

TAM Interview

TAM

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – It was a three step interview process. I was infront of a panel of managers. I was questioned about my experience and my knowledge.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a matching algorithm.   Answer Question