Oracle

Updated Jan 22, 2015

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in November 2014.

I received an LinkedIn message from someone at Oracle that they wanted me for the job. The person at Oracle recruiter would e-mail me in a week but i did not receive anything. After two weeks i finally got a message, to set up an phone interview after for next week. The interview was fine nothing difficult very focused on you sales expierence. She told me she would call me this week with feedback an to let me know if you pass on to the next round. I did not here from them for two weeks. After two weeks i got a short e-mail that i lacked selling trough the phone. I think not hiring someone because they have not work for a call center is a weird criteria for a university starters function. I think this tells a lot the basic job you will be doing. Also i think they had a very unproffesional attitude. You ask someone to apply for a job and do not even really check there resume correct, also they did stick to any promise about the moment they would called and how they would contact you, how hard can it be to say you will call in one week and really call that week. I would never work for Oracle if this is the mindset in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have sales expierence over the phone? (most important question)   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Approached by a recruiter from Oracle.

1) 2 Telephonic
    2) Coding Rounds
    3) Face to Face round
    4) Manager round

There could be around 4-5 rounds .

Interviews are purely Technical and mostly on basics.

SaaS Business Relationship Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle.

Got interview through referral done by one of my colleague. Quick response from recruiting team to log on to their system and fill out all information related to work experience, background etc. Email from recruiter regarding the time availability for phone interview. I replayed immediately but got no time confirmation from recruiter .. sent an other email asking if received the previous email and providing other time availability..... after these got an answer and eventually scheduled phone interview (date, time zone hour was confirmed) The recruiter call me one hour after scheduled time! Explaining that she by mistake put my interview for the day after on her calendar!! (in the email is clearly confirmed by me by her the interview time).
    At the end of the interview I asked if I will get feedback only in case if I will be successful or in both cases. She said both.
    Sent email asking for an up-date - no answer.

Interview Questions
    • typical first stage interview question   View Answer

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in September 2014.

I had 3 phone interviews with them: 1st with HR Manager in Spain. The first interview was in spanish and was mainly focused on my background and why I would like work in Oracle and why in sales position. 2nd interview with a Business Development Manager, much or less the same questions of the 1st step. 3rd with 2 managers. Them asked me just example of sales. At the end I received the email that they took an other without explain me why.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in July 2014.

I got a phone call from a recruiter based on my enquiry about open positions. She asked me if I was interested of the job and then asked questions about my work experience and also tested my sales knowledge. The interview lasted around 30min and she said that she will get back to me after talking to her managers. Got an invitation to Assessment Centre held in Dublin after few days.

The Assessment Centre consisted of group interviews and group presentations. I was asked to prepare a 10min Powerpoint presentation answering questions (why me? why oracle?) and also to include a product/sales pitch. The Assessment Centre was an enjoyable experience. Lots of nice people and good atmosphere.

Got a call 3 days later where they mentioned that they want to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you a list of 1000 names/phone numbers/companies and asked you to find 50 prospects on that list, what would you do?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

They sent me an In-mail and I had a first interview with recruiter. After that she said that she would follow up and put me in contact with the sales manager, but after 3 weeks and many emails I had absolutely no answer and no feedback. I would have expect at least a feedback it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • It was a good interview, about my previous experiences and my expectation for salary and position   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Oracle.

Really quick. Contacted recruiter and submitted my resume. Contacted the same day and asked when could talk.

Oracle Education Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

1) Started with a brief telephone interview, following up on my CV, experience, motivations to work at the company and plans for the future (next 5 years). The phone call came within a few hours after my application. The interviewer was very friendly and knowledgeable and was able to answer any questions I had at that point.

2) after the application was forward to management , within 4 days, I was asked by the recruiter to write a brief overview of my motivations, specific achievements, what I can bring to the company and an outlook where I see myself in 5 years.

3) Next step (after about 4 working days) was an invitation to the office, meeting with the regional and local market manager. The regional manager took lead and did a very structured and detailed interview , which lasted about 1 hour. I was asked how I found the job, my work related experiences, detailed questions to previous job tasks, achievements, how I solved problems or what I see as biggest challenges in this job. They took a lot of notes and were very attentive to any "contradictions" to what was on the CV and being said in the interview. I felt that this was part of checking how you cope with a bit of stress.

The interview put a lot of focus on the job questions but also showed some humor and followed up on a few unrelated topics, like sport. Overall, a very good interview experience, quite challenging but fair.

Interview Questions
    • If I hand you a list with 1000 customers where would you start ( in terms of sales calls, prospecting etc)?   View Answer
    • What do you see as the biggest challenge in this job?
      What would you want to have achieved after being 3 month in the team?

Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

3 interviews plus a phone scenario, back found checks also done by an independent company.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were focused on experience, tough grilling questions on different scenarios.   Answer Question

Solaris ON Pre-Integration Test Group (ON-PIT) 10 Month Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in June 2012.

Phone Interview - general chat about the position, what it was about
    Interview - went through cv, asked me about course modules, question on TCP/IP, whats the format of an SQL statement
    Interviewers were nice and showed me around the department