Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Solutions Specialist Interview

Solutions Specialist
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2012.

Interview Details – Endless rounds of interviews with no defined process or timeline. I applied for one position and was interviewed for a different position which was not posted that the hiring manager felt suited me better. That would have been fine, except this "new" position did not have a requisition, description, or any clear definition at all. There were at least 3 long phone interviews, an in-person interview (2 hour drive), followed by another in-person interview for which I had to travel 2 x 4 hour flights and stay overnight. After that, they requested additional information and work samples, and were still unsure what the next steps were. After 3 months of this nonsense I took a job elsewhere and withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Intern
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews: Hiring Manager and VP of the division
1:1 Interview with colleague of hiring manager.

Phone interviews were informal and were more conversational and going through my resume and skillsets. No cases and no tests. The interviewers were extremely friendly and even though I was nervous because I was speaking to such accomplished individuals, they were polite and asked questions in a get-to-know-you fashion. I was verbally offered a position after teh 3rd interview and received a written offer about 4 weeks later. It seems long but they had already prepared me for the wait and we kept in close contact throughout the 4 weeks so I felt comfortable and confident that they would not reneg on the offer.

Interview Question – What do you find most difficult in Project Management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase for several reasons:
1. I didn't feel I was in a position to negotiate in this economy and I had no other offers from other companies.
2. I was more than satisfied with the compensation package offered.
3. It's an internship to hire position. If I want to negotiate, I would negotiate when I get offered the full-time position, and not for the internship.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!