Oracle Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.9

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Was contacted by the campus recruiter for Oracle by email and asked to send in an updated resume. I think they must have gotten my resume through the career fair..

Sent in my resume, and I was called for an on site interview directly. There was no phone interview which was surprising to me. The interview process was quite straight forward and it lasted one day. Started early morning (around 8:30 or 9) and left the Oracle office by 7 PM...

I think I interviewed with around 6 teams, all in database group based on my resume. After the interview, I was contacted in 10 days with an offer, and I could chose any team I want...

The interview was not difficult. And alot of the interview was focused on my past projects, so Operating Systems and Networking, File Systems etc. There were some minor coding questions but they didnt stress too much on Algos/data structures.

Some questions (concurrency based) were quite intricate and required a very deep understanding of the process stack and parameter passing and what not... But what I really found was that the questions were very much based on what these guys use everyday, rather than any gotcha questions to stifle the candidate. All the interviewers were great, very polite and I felt very comfortable throughout the process....

Interview Questions
  • I was given a code snippet, which involved multi threading and was asked to find a race condition. The race condition was very subtle and was not explicit in the code.   Answer Question
Not much room for negotiaiton, since it was a college hire and it was my first job.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Applied online and also pushed my resume through an employee. Five rounds of telephone interviews - 4 technical / skill interviews, 1 interview with the HR. First round, I was asked to prepare and send a document explaining in detail all major programming projects done in previous employment / education course work. Second round was on multi-threading programming. Third round on memory management. Fourth technical round on database management and performance. Each round lasted about 45-mins to an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on web technologies, memory management and multi-thread programming.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Resume got passed the HR and on campus interview for a full day with 5 teams. Then HR will help teams and you match each other. Normally everyone will get an offer after on site.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the teams focused more on algorithm, some of them focused more on the past projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

sent in resume received phone call waited a month

Interview Questions
    no negotiation take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

On-site interview with 8 teams spread across 2 days. Interviews are greatly team dependent. Oracle does awesome work. So if you get into a good tea, it is a not to miss opportunity.

Not much

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2012.

Great very structured, well executed interview process

straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2008.

Phone interview
    On-site interview, 5 people a day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2008.

Hired through college recruiting. Very easy and smooth process. They like people with good GPA from top schools. The interview itself is quite easy.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

They had a initial screening test after which they had four rounds of technical interviews. The last one being mostly concentrated on the projects we did. Later we had the HR interview and other basic questions

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle.

Hugely vary depending on teams and person.

For server technology they will focus mostly on core java, collections, threads, problem solving skills and skills people worked in the past.

Process mostly telephonic followed by 2/3 rounds of F2F interviews.

Interview Questions
    • People mostly focus on core java and resume. Not so much algorithm specific interviews.   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!