Oracle

Getting the Interview

42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – sent in resume received phone call waited a month

Interview Question – can you work without resources   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation take it or leave it

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2013.

Interview Details – On-site interview with 8 teams spread across 2 days. Interviews are greatly team dependent. Oracle does awesome work. So if you get into a good tea, it is a not to miss opportunity.

Negotiation Details – Not much

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2012.

Interview Details – Great very structured, well executed interview process

Interview Question – worse work project how managed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview
On-site interview, 5 people a day

Interview Question – The interview questions are easy   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2008.

Interview Details – Hired through college recruiting. Very easy and smooth process. They like people with good GPA from top schools. The interview itself is quite easy.

Interview Question – No   Answer Question

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2012.

Interview Details – It has a normal interview procedure as with many other recruiters around in the it world .

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview Details – Process (Campus)
1) Written test
2) Face to Face 2 rounds
3) Final HR

Interview Question – DHCP implementation in JAVA(classes etc).   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – You will have telephonic round followed by several rounds of in-person interviews as desired by employer. They will ask theoretical questions mostly. Some common interview puzzles will also be asked.Communication and attitude will be checked. Post discussions feedback won't be given soon. Too slow HR process that you will most probably join another company in the meantime:)

Negotiation Details – None

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in February 2012.

Interview Details – At 3.3 yr of exp in Java/Spring/Hibernate. Interview Process Went in Below Steps :
1.First Round taken by 2 Person, It was very cool. they asked basic dsa and java question, everyone can solve it.

2.2nd round was managerial round, He asked Water Puzzle (8-Liter, 6-liter), Asked lots of thing in Project and work -load.

3.Called Again Next Day For 2 rounds, Director and Senior Director round.And i got offer..Normally Oracle takes time in giving offer letter 2-3 months, but i got in 15 days.

Interview Question – Nothing as such...   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from one of the oracle recruiters. They got my profile from one of the job portals. Interview Process:
1. First round - telephonic with director, questions mostly related to my current work. I was asked about the challenges I had faced and how did I solve them.
2. Second round - telephonic with manager, Again questions pertaining to the current work and asked about the design aspects of it for most of the interview.
3. Third round - telephonic with a senior team member. All the questions were technical. Asked many questions in Core Java (Oops concepts, Collections, Multithreading) , J2EE concepts and some general coding questions (ex. Find LCA of a node in a binary tree).
4. Fourth round - I was asked some general puzzles and discussed about the pay, location & other general HR questions.

Oracle has got a very long hiring process. After you get a verbal offer, it may take long time to receive the offer letter.

Interview Question – It happened a long time ago, Don't remember exactly!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Oracle has got some tough HR policies. They offer a package based on it. You have to either accept/reject it. Not much up for the negotiations.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Member of Technical Staff interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.