Oracle Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.4

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter reached out on Linkedin and connected with Hiring manager (HM); HM took over from here.

A 1 hour phone screen with HM which went over by 45 mins. Mostly behavioral and resume; mainly focused on interactions to explain any technology and ability to tailor messaging based on title of the person you are talking to. We worked through few use cases for the same. He told me prepare presentation on a familiar and unfamiliar tech.

1:1 session with HM and 2 people to present the 2 topics and white boarding exercise on how to engineer business value for increased performance in a system. Same day 1:1 with HM's boss. Mainly behavioral

3 seperate Phone interviews with Sales reps. And Final phone interview with VP.

a verbal offer was provided in 2 days. Formal offer letter took a month since they wait for back ground check to complete before generating offer letter.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a half hour phone interview, then an assignment, which was a mock pitch to a CMO. After the hiring director approved of the assignment, I flew in to have four face-to-face interviews. I received their verdict two weeks after the face-to-face. The whole process took about one month.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mineola, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Mineola, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Got a call from Oracle about a position I applied for in Mineola, NY at their Fatwire division. She set up a phone interview a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• The questions where very low level JAVA language questions. Questions like what is the Super class of all classes in JAVA. How does the class loader work. What are the different drivers in JDBC (he did want to know about JAVA JDBC Connectors so I do not know what he was referring to). The questions where mostly like this. Things that I never heard anyone else ask before on a JAVA interview.   2 Answers

Pre Sales Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I was recruited for three positions with this company; one in Burlington, MA, one in NYC,and one is still in play. For the two positions for which I was interviewed, I endured over 5 hours of telephone and in person interviews as well as a role-play presentation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide minute technical details of an opportunity that I worked on very early in my career.   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (New York, NY).

Interview

What you’ll check whenever user complains that his session/database is slow?

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Everything was professional, the position was out of my scope. I knew that going in but wanted to go ahead with the interview process anyway.

Interview Questions

• When asked to explain a protocol, Like TCPIP, HTML, or SCSI   Answer Question

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by one of Oracle's in-house recruiters. He was very nice but did not offer much information about the position or responsibilities. The interview was very short and ended after asking me what my current salary. I think I was too high of a price. I was told that I would have a second interview arranged within the next 48 hours. He replied back a week later stating that he found no interest-indicating that he was just getting initial interviews prior to researching if the resume matched the job requirements. Because he we unable to explain the position-I never knew if I was out of source with my background.

Interview Questions

• What is your current compensation?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Teaneck, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

1. HR/Recruiter Round
    2. Technical Interview (Your future colleague)
    3. Manager Interview (Technical/General)
    4. Director Interview (Explained about organization and group)

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult in any round. General questions, but this is totally dependent on who is interviewing you. Some development manager ask very difficult question. Riddles etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much, just accepted the salary which was close to what I was making before joining.

Field Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewing for the redmachine could be a beast of an interview. It started with a recruiter who called and profiled my background. A few days later she set up a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. That meeting took about an hour. I then met a few additional managers that work in conjunction with this team. Then, I met about 3 other people who would be my peers.
    I had to come back to do a presentation about the value proposition of the product. After that I finally met the regional VP who made a decision that day. I got a call that evening that my offer would be in the mail. I took the job.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Edison, NJ) in January 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by Senior Managers and most of the questions were background related.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company offered me a 15% increase in Salary which was more than generous considering the market conditions.