Oracle

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough but respectful. Had to develop and deliver a presentation on an Oracle solution

Negotiation Details – They had their parameters that would not change. Only negotiating room was on vacation time. Base salary never changes in the sales consulting organization, so go for the most you can possibly get when you are hired.

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in September 2013.

Interview Details – I ended up having to travel at the last minute. They asked me to book my travel in their travel system to leave the that same day. The next day I met with the hiring manager, his manager, and a couple of individuals that are part of pre-sales. The interviews went fine. I felt that the people I met were very good at what they do, which was what I expected.

However, I had big problems with this trip, and still do. It has now been 3 months since the trip and I still have not been reimbursed. I have had interviews at Oracle before and there was an HR person involved with it. In this case there wasn't, and you might think that is a good thing. One less person to deal with in the process. Now I feel like a collection agency trying to get my money. There are people on that side saying sorry about this, we're working on it, but usually after several emails and phone calls. I guess they are really busy and it's not their money so how important is it?

So bottom line is, I think Oracle may be too big of a bureaucracy for me. This whole thing has shown me that maybe I dodged a bullet and it is a good thing that I wasn't the right fit for that position. I would recommend that if you're traveling for an interview with them, go ahead and book the trip in their travel system, but don't pay for it. Ask them to log in and pay using their credit card.

Interview Question – I didn't have any difficult questions. The interviews were very non-technical.   Answer Question

Principal Sales Consultant
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – It was 3 interview until get a job, the whole process took about 3 months
we work in a collaborative environment, however I discourage that kind of environment. I think it is improdutive

Interview Question – Sales, Sales and sales   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is nothing to negotiate after a offer letter, you must to negotiate before they start the process to send an offer

Moscow (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Invited by a friend
got two interviews with Sales Consulting Director, was asked about professional background, soft skills, language and desired compensation
after a while received an offer

Principal Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty straightforward - held several phone interviews and in-person interviews. No difficult questions. Had to go through the standard questionnaires and drug tests. Overall it was fairly easy and quick. From start to finish it only took one month. Interviewed with hiring manager and several other consultants.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy - they met my initial request.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!