Oracle Principal Sales Consultant Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in September 2013.

I ended up having to travel at the last minute. They asked me to book my travel in their travel system to leave the that same day. The next day I met with the hiring manager, his manager, and a couple of individuals that are part of pre-sales. The interviews went fine. I felt that the people I met were very good at what they do, which was what I expected.

However, I had big problems with this trip, and still do. It has now been 3 months since the trip and I still have not been reimbursed. I have had interviews at Oracle before and there was an HR person involved with it. In this case there wasn't, and you might think that is a good thing. One less person to deal with in the process. Now I feel like a collection agency trying to get my money. There are people on that side saying sorry about this, we're working on it, but usually after several emails and phone calls. I guess they are really busy and it's not their money so how important is it?

So bottom line is, I think Oracle may be too big of a bureaucracy for me. This whole thing has shown me that maybe I dodged a bullet and it is a good thing that I wasn't the right fit for that position. I would recommend that if you're traveling for an interview with them, go ahead and book the trip in their travel system, but don't pay for it. Ask them to log in and pay using their credit card.

Interview Questions
  • I didn't have any difficult questions. The interviews were very non-technical.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in March 2010.

Very thorough but respectful. Had to develop and deliver a presentation on an Oracle solution

They had their parameters that would not change. Only negotiating room was on vacation time. Base salary never changes in the sales consulting organization, so go for the most you can possibly get when you are hired.

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Invited by a friend
    got two interviews with Sales Consulting Director, was asked about professional background, soft skills, language and desired compensation
    after a while received an offer

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

It was 3 interview until get a job, the whole process took about 3 months
    we work in a collaborative environment, however I discourage that kind of environment. I think it is improdutive

Interview Questions
    There is nothing to negotiate after a offer letter, you must to negotiate before they start the process to send an offer

Principal Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Hiring process was pretty straightforward - held several phone interviews and in-person interviews. No difficult questions. Had to go through the standard questionnaires and drug tests. Overall it was fairly easy and quick. From start to finish it only took one month. Interviewed with hiring manager and several other consultants.

Interview Questions
    Easy - they met my initial request.