Oracle Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

3.3

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The first question was graph's k coloring, which was difficult and didn't prepare for it. Answered using recursive to solve and asked the interviewer a few questions to clarify the problem. Tried but didn't complete the solution.

Interview Questions

• Giving m color, find whether it can coloring the graph with n vertex.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had an initial phone interview and then an on sight interview with about 5 people. Questions were typical of a big software company, analytical problems, design problems, and general exploration of skills.

Interview Questions

• Implement a phone book that works with minimal memory and allows fast lookup.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, I gave them a number that was 25% higher than what I made at my current company and they agreed.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Get a chance to directly contact the hiring manager and then a telephone interview. The telephone interview is a combination of technical and HR questions. Next one day onsite interview -- all are technical questions and describing past projects.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview

There wasn't a technical interview. If you got to that interview and you are not completely socially inept, you have a job. It was very easy. Too easy. It wasn't until seeing the type of job I'm doing that I understand why. There really is no need to be smart, this is just a day job, nothing more.

Negotiation

No negotiation, base pay for all new college hires

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

It was a college recruit. I flew to the headquarters for the only round of interview.
    A day long interview with 5 different groups, a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I had 2 phone interview. 1st with my Manager about my expertise, skills etc. Second was with a peer and totally Java fundamentals. The onsite interview was 3-4 hours. Totally techinal and involved coding and real time software problem solving.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews. And then called in for Personal interviews, with 4 memmers from Team/Group, and the Manager. Questions are related from process to technical like, Java, Unix, Oracle etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not much negotiation.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

1. Resume review
    2. Phone Screening
    3. On-Site interviews

Interview Questions

• 1. Real coding questions in the programming languages
      2. Mathematical Algorithms

1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Hiring Process is stringent.There would be many techinical rounds & atleast 2 managerial rounds.Recommend people applying for Oracle to have thorough knowledge in thier subject areas and prepare v well for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Too Many technical questions by multi talented people at Oracle. There were some interesting aptitude questions as well. :)   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen for 40 minutes with the hiring manager. Mostly making sure that I'm a good fit with the group and reviewing my technical projects over the last few positions. The next portion was a day long interview with the team. I had tough technical questions, ranging from system level (how does TCP/IP work), to high level software questions (How do you resolve picking which algorithm is suitable for a certain problem). Overall very challenging and through.