Oracle Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014

3.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Get a chance to directly contact the hiring manager and then a telephone interview. The telephone interview is a combination of technical and HR questions. Next one day onsite interview -- all are technical questions and describing past projects.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

It was a college recruit. I flew to the headquarters for the only round of interview.
    A day long interview with 5 different groups, a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle in July 2010.

I had 2 phone interview. 1st with my Manager about my expertise, skills etc. Second was with a peer and totally Java fundamentals. The onsite interview was 3-4 hours. Totally techinal and involved coding and real time software problem solving.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in July 2008.

Couple of phone interviews. And then called in for Personal interviews, with 4 memmers from Team/Group, and the Manager. Questions are related from process to technical like, Java, Unix, Oracle etc.

Interview Questions
    There is not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

interviewed at Oracle in March 2008.

1. Resume review
    2. Phone Screening
    3. On-Site interviews

Interview Questions
    • 1. Real coding questions in the programming languages
      2. Mathematical Algorithms
        View Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Hiring Process is stringent.There would be many techinical rounds & atleast 2 managerial rounds.Recommend people applying for Oracle to have thorough knowledge in thier subject areas and prepare v well for the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Too Many technical questions by multi talented people at Oracle. There were some interesting aptitude questions as well. :)   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

The interview process consisted of a phone screen for 40 minutes with the hiring manager. Mostly making sure that I'm a good fit with the group and reviewing my technical projects over the last few positions. The next portion was a day long interview with the team. I had tough technical questions, ranging from system level (how does TCP/IP work), to high level software questions (How do you resolve picking which algorithm is suitable for a certain problem). Overall very challenging and through.