Oracle

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Oracle in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone interview. 1st with my Manager about my expertise, skills etc. Second was with a peer and totally Java fundamentals. The onsite interview was 3-4 hours. Totally techinal and involved coding and real time software problem solving.

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – It was a college recruit. I flew to the headquarters for the only round of interview.
A day long interview with 5 different groups, a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Redwood City, CA

I interviewed at Oracle in March 2008.

Interview Details – 1. Resume review
2. Phone Screening
3. On-Site interviews

Interview Question – 1. Real coding questions in the programming languages
2. Mathematical Algorithms
  View Answer

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2008.

Interview Details – Couple of phone interviews. And then called in for Personal interviews, with 4 memmers from Team/Group, and the Manager. Questions are related from process to technical like, Java, Unix, Oracle etc.

Interview Question – Please try to be as detailed as possible regarding the technical question, business case, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not much negotiation.

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Hiring Process is stringent.There would be many techinical rounds & atleast 2 managerial rounds.Recommend people applying for Oracle to have thorough knowledge in thier subject areas and prepare v well for the interviews.

Interview Question – Too Many technical questions by multi talented people at Oracle. There were some interesting aptitude questions as well. :)   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a phone screen for 40 minutes with the hiring manager. Mostly making sure that I'm a good fit with the group and reviewing my technical projects over the last few positions. The next portion was a day long interview with the team. I had tough technical questions, ranging from system level (how does TCP/IP work), to high level software questions (How do you resolve picking which algorithm is suitable for a certain problem). Overall very challenging and through.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Principal Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.