Oracle

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Principal Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

I was referred to the hiring manager by friend who works for the same division just on the west coast. At first blush I was very interested in the job, hey its Oracle, its a great name, good company and there seemed like there was a good capacity for growth. However from go this was outside of my wheel house product wise, it was something that would have been completely new to me.

My first interview was with the hiring manger that was 1.5 hours long, and it went extremely well. The second interview was with a member of her team and it could have gone better there was no connection. At that time they stopped the process. A couple of weeks later they reached back out and had me interview with another person on the team. Based on that interview I went to Dallas for a day of interviews.

I was given a deck and was told I needed to pitch from the deck. In all fairness the deck wasn't great and it reflected in delivery. However, it was something I felt I recovered from.

At the end of the day I was hammered by the hiring manager for my lack of experience in the CRM field. In all fairness I could have been hammered at home and didn't need to go Dallas, and that was something the manager was aware of before I came.

Took me three 3 weeks before I heard back from the manager that they were going to move ahead with some other folks.

I respect the decision that was made, however I think it could have been handled much better.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to pitch from a deck that they had on file, that I had couple of days to learn. But wasnt the ideal material.   Answer Question