Oracle

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

North Hollywood, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2010.

Interview Details – Management called me up and asked if I was interested in position. I had worked with this person before. However, I did have a long distance phone interview with the person who be my manager. In 23 months I only saw this person on four different days.

Interview Question – There were no interview questions other than am I interested in the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary + overtime (time and a half) + plus bonuses (but this last turned out to be untrue--there were no bonuses).

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Oracle in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process at oracle is very very lengthy. It could be anywhere between 3-6 months from when you submit your resume to when you actually get the offer letter.

Mostly, the hiring managers keep you informed about the developments - if any. In case you do not hear from them, please do not bother to call them. The hiring manager would call you if there is any development, else would not.

You must negotiate well about your position and salary. More importantly, the salary should be negotiated well. At Oracle, salary hikes and bonuses are hard to come by.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join oracle?   Answer Question

Principal Technical Writer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Oracle in June 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring process was extremely drawn out. First contacted in April by a Recruiter via LinkedIn. After a series of phone interviews by recruiter, hiring manager, and each team member, I was brought in for the onsite for all-day interviews. Met with one of the same team members I spoke to over the phone, plus a couple product team managers, a QA director, and the product VP. Another month went by, back and forth with approvals, weeks of paperwork bottlenecks... then was finally offered the position in early September. Apparently, at the time, new hire approvals had to go all the way up the chain, to Larry Ellison's office. (I was even told he was away sailing during the month of August, which was the reason for the final delay.)

Interview Question – Why Oracle? (Seems like a rather typical question. But was really more of a "I question your sanity as to why you would ever consider working here" kind of inquiry.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Paid commute time to/from HQ. Work from home days/times. Was able to work out of the office closest to my home, even though the officially-posted location for the position was at HQ/Redwood City, CA.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!