Oracle

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2013.

Interview Details – I originally came onboard at Oracle as part of an acquisition. After a year in the role I had previously occupied, I interview with 5 people for my current role in the company. The interviews were conducted over the phone and I personally enjoyed talking and learning from the people who were interviewing me. All the persons were positive and spoke highly of their work and the future outlook for the broader team.

Interview Question – How do you stay organized and what are some challenges you've had to overcome in your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation process was very limited due to it being an internal transfer. Oracle states their policy is to not be able to provide raises/promotions (although my title change was a promotion) for internal transfers.

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Interview Details – 10 in person interviews, 2power point presentations and 1technical white paper

Interview Question – Can you put together a ppt on the product I would be working on and present to them, to show what I learned in 2 weeks? 20 mins min.   View Answer

Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by every member of the team. The on site interview lasted a whole day and I had six one on one interviews. Questions varied from product design, strategy, and project management to problem solving, puzzles, and systems design.

Interview Question – How due you calculate the sum of integers in a randomly chosen rectangle within a finite grid of numbers?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Edison, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed by Senior Managers and most of the questions were background related.

Interview Question – Describe the most exciting project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company offered me a 15% increase in Salary which was more than generous considering the market conditions.

Very Difficult Interview

Product Manager

The process took 5 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2009.

Interview Details – Talked on the phone with a senior technical recruiter a few times for a Product mangement position. He said he has the perfect position for me but have to wait for the merger. He dragged the process for months and finally after 6 months of emails and phone tags I gave up.

Interview Question – A bunch of technical and design related questions   View Answer

Product Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in December 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring decision is based on a lot of background factors. Your education, experience and past achievements play a big role. If you are straight out of school, then CGPA is a big factor.

The interview process was pretty simple. Most interviewers explained the role, their team's function and in general about the company's work culture. I felt relaxed and un-intimidated, unlike most other firms I interviewed with.

Interview Question – Where have you worked before?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

Interview Details – it s a good and authenticated interview process

Interview Question – no difficult question as such   View Answer

Product Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very comprehensive but very slow. At end of offer it got stuck in hiring approval process and never came through. End up wasting so much time waiting for approval.

Interview with 3 Engineering directors and 3 product management folks and VP of product management. One presentation to group of 4 people.

Interview Question – 3 weakness in our product   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!