Oracle

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2009.

Interview Details – Recruitor found me off of LinkedIn. Initial phone screen with recruiter, couple of calls with hiring manager. Didn't have a face to face with ANYBODY from the company until I had worked there almost 2 years

Interview Question – don't recall anything asked outside of general skills knowledge   View Answer

Negotiation Details – told them my expected salary and that was exactly what they offered me. No negotiation. Suspect this is not the norm.

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2011.

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter first, then the hiring manager, then the director. All were very pleasant and helpful, trying to make sure it was the right fit for them and for me. All over the phone, except one in-person visit with the hiring manager, who gave me a brief tour of HQ. Once the offer was extended, they gave me a chance to think it over and negotiate a bit. Glad I accepted.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular--we discussed my skills and experience, and I had people familiar with the my work that recommended me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, there was a bit of back and forth as I considered other offers, as well. They weren't able to fully match another offer, but I knew it was a better fit.

Program Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very informal discussion of my specific experience

Interview Question – What experience have you had with software sales bookings.   Answer Question

Program Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in September 2010.

Interview Details – This was an interview to move from contractor to permanent hire after Oracle acquired Sun Microsystems. The interview was mostly about salary and compensation, not skills (I was already doing the job as a contractor). The option of increasing responsibilities were not availed.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered this position, would you take it?   View Answer
  • The salary is fixed by the position and grade, would you accept $110k with a bonus potential of 17-19%?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a $5K salary increase (4.5%), other aspects were not negotiable. Be willing to walk if you want to negotiate more.

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – It was worst. No time management. Schedules were changed frequently. People never kept their words. The emails only flowed, not actions. Very pathetic experience. The cycle was long.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Program Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Oracle in April 2009.

Interview Details – I met with an Oracle recruiter on-site at a career fair and applied to be a program manager directing customer success programs. The interview consisted of two stages: one phone interview and one on-site interview at the headquarters. The phone interview was purely behavioral with the questions relating to what you would do in certain scenarios regarding deadlines, project management, and teamwork. The on-site interview was a more rigorous version of this.

Interview Question – You have a project that involves both technical and non-technical teams. You meet with the technical team and jot down their understanding of what needs to be done and need to translate the project requirements to the non-technical team. How would you approach translating the information and presenting it to your managers?   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!