Oracle

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2011.

Spoke with a recruiter first, then the hiring manager, then the director. All were very pleasant and helpful, trying to make sure it was the right fit for them and for me. All over the phone, except one in-person visit with the hiring manager, who gave me a brief tour of HQ. Once the offer was extended, they gave me a chance to think it over and negotiate a bit. Glad I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing in particular--we discussed my skills and experience, and I had people familiar with the my work that recommended me.   Answer Question
Yes, there was a bit of back and forth as I considered other offers, as well. They weren't able to fully match another offer, but I knew it was a better fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2009.

Recruitor found me off of LinkedIn. Initial phone screen with recruiter, couple of calls with hiring manager. Didn't have a face to face with ANYBODY from the company until I had worked there almost 2 years

Interview Questions
    • don't recall anything asked outside of general skills knowledge   View Answer
    told them my expected salary and that was exactly what they offered me. No negotiation. Suspect this is not the norm.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in October 2011.

Very informal discussion of my specific experience

Interview Questions
    • What experience have you had with software sales bookings.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

It was worst. No time management. Schedules were changed frequently. People never kept their words. The emails only flowed, not actions. Very pathetic experience. The cycle was long.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in September 2010.

This was an interview to move from contractor to permanent hire after Oracle acquired Sun Microsystems. The interview was mostly about salary and compensation, not skills (I was already doing the job as a contractor). The option of increasing responsibilities were not availed.

Interview Questions
    • If you were offered this position, would you take it?   View Answer
    • The salary is fixed by the position and grade, would you accept $110k with a bonus potential of 17-19%?   View Answer
    I negotiated a $5K salary increase (4.5%), other aspects were not negotiable. Be willing to walk if you want to negotiate more.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle in April 2009.

I met with an Oracle recruiter on-site at a career fair and applied to be a program manager directing customer success programs. The interview consisted of two stages: one phone interview and one on-site interview at the headquarters. The phone interview was purely behavioral with the questions relating to what you would do in certain scenarios regarding deadlines, project management, and teamwork. The on-site interview was a more rigorous version of this.

Interview Questions
    • You have a project that involves both technical and non-technical teams. You meet with the technical team and jot down their understanding of what needs to be done and need to translate the project requirements to the non-technical team. How would you approach translating the information and presenting it to your managers?   Answer Question