Oracle

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Interview Details – Honestly, the interview process was a roller coaster. The total time it took from being contacted by an HR rep to actually signing an offer was months long. I know this is probably common for large corporations, so be prepared for this. After a phone call with HR, I next had a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was followed by a number of other phone interviews - I spoke with two peers, the manager's boss, the bosses boss, and finally had an in-person interview with the hiring manager. In between each of these rounds I waited several days (sometimes weeks) with no feedback. Making it to the next round was a total surprise each time. So I want to stress that you shouldn't be discouraged by the amount of time it takes to hear anything. They are all very busy and hiring someone new that requires training and on-boarding is pretty low on their list of priorities.

The interviews were very low-stress and conversational. They asked fair questions and didn't try to stump me the way other interviewers have. They wanted to know about my background and specifically my experience and skill-set relevant to this position.

Interview Question – Tell us what you know about Oracle and why you'd want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiating is not an option. Make sure they have a clear picture of your salary expectation early-on. The HR person might also try to ask you if you think you would accept if an offer were made. I thought this was strange to discuss before actually getting the offer, but it ended up working out since this was my number one choice.

Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in September 2009.

Interview Details – Met multiple team members for about 30 minutes each. No formal process, just different questions from each interviewer.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult, they were not willing to budge much. They pushed for the lowest salary possible from upper management.

Rocklin, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in July 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was quick and smooth with excellent feedback. It was very easy and relaxing talking to the HR representative along with the hiring manager. The later portions of in-person meetings and interviews were also very smooth and actually enjoyable.

Interview Question – The typical one: "what is your greatest weakness".   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial discussions were with recruiter from company on profile fitment . next discussions was technical interview with questions ranging on work experience to current affairs to macro economics. then we had a brief discussion on job profile. post the technical interview had to follow up on status wherein an HR round was scheduled and got selected

Interview Question – minimum commitment to the organisation   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – unstructured for a company as global and rigorous as it manifests to it customers
asked by one hiring person why I was there - he didnt know his snr manager asked for interview
his direct manager got the role being interviewed for incorrectly

Interview Question – why do you want to be a pm here?   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!