Oracle Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process started by connecting with recruiter on LinkedIn. The recruiter was very nice, well informed, and asked the right questions. Stated my skills are a great match to 2 different positions they were recruiting for. I applied to the positions and we went through a formal phone screen. The recruiter then forwarded my information to the hiring manager. The hiring manager said they would call between Monday and Wednesday. They never called so I reached out to the hiring manager for status. Was told the manager would call me sometime between Thursday and Friday. On Monday, without a call from the manager I called the hiring manager to decline the position. Felt that if the manager was not responsive in the hiring process that indicates the type of manager they would be. Disappointed as I am eager to work for Oracle and would love a PM position.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience, do you have a PMP certification, and have you managed multiple concurrent projects before?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

There were several phone interviews set up with various people including the hiring manager, group manager, and several peers. The questions were standard interview questions with nothing really unexpected. They were really wanting to determine your qualifications based upon experience, as well as your ability to communicate and articulate your answers.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult project that you managed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

For project manager position in Oracle Utilities Analytics (formerly DataRaker) group. Internal recruiter initiated by contacting me through LinkedIn. Recruiter phone interview was immediate followed by hiring manager phone interview. Hiring manager said they would like to bring me in for on-site, which was scheduled then canceled. I was told that due to people being out of the office, they had to re-schedule but I never heard back from either the recruiter or the hiring manager, even after I followed up a couple of weeks later. I felt pressure from both the recruiter and the hiring manager to be rushed along, and, although they were courteous enough, I felt like a commodity. For example, when I asked to schedule the phone screen a day or two out, the recruiter asked if I could move it up if we did 7 or 8 pm. He was 30 min late, at 7 pm. He asked for my resume but didn't send me the job posting until I asked for it. The hiring manager phone interview was for 2 pm on the same day he emailed me. After the on site was canceled, there was no communication, not even a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall the specific questions but it was mostly reviewing the resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Honestly, the interview process was a roller coaster. The total time it took from being contacted by an HR rep to actually signing an offer was months long. I know this is probably common for large corporations, so be prepared for this. After a phone call with HR, I next had a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was followed by a number of other phone interviews - I spoke with two peers, the manager's boss, the bosses boss, and finally had an in-person interview with the hiring manager. In between each of these rounds I waited several days (sometimes weeks) with no feedback. Making it to the next round was a total surprise each time. So I want to stress that you shouldn't be discouraged by the amount of time it takes to hear anything. They are all very busy and hiring someone new that requires training and on-boarding is pretty low on their list of priorities. The interviews were very low-stress and conversational. They asked fair questions and didn't try to stump me the way other interviewers have. They wanted to know about my background and specifically my experience and skill-set relevant to this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about Oracle and why you'd want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating is not an option. Make sure they have a clear picture of your salary expectation early-on. The HR person might also try to ask you if you think you would accept if an offer were made. I thought this was strange to discuss before actually getting the offer, but it ended up working out since this was my number one choice.

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Rocklin, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was quick and smooth with excellent feedback. It was very easy and relaxing talking to the HR representative along with the hiring manager. The later portions of in-person meetings and interviews were also very smooth and actually enjoyable.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Couple of initial phone interviews followed by onsite interview with managers. My situation was unique case in that they wanted to fill role quickly so everything was stream-lined and happened very fast.

Interview Questions

• Goals within the next couple of years.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Met multiple team members for about 30 minutes each. No formal process, just different questions from each interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficult, they were not willing to budge much. They pushed for the lowest salary possible from upper management.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Acquisition - no interview was required for this. We moved with our existing skill set with the same role, to a new company. Little fish in a big pond but they handled the acquisition relatively well. The onboarding process - so many systems to reacquaint yourself with and very much "do-it-yourself" but no bad thing really.

Negotiation

No negotiation - just acquired

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

unstructured for a company as global and rigorous as it manifests to it customers asked by one hiring person why I was there - he didnt know his snr manager asked for interview his direct manager got the role being interviewed for incorrectly

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in April 2010.

Interview

Initial discussions were with recruiter from company on profile fitment . next discussions was technical interview with questions ranging on work experience to current affairs to macro economics. then we had a brief discussion on job profile. post the technical interview had to follow up on status wherein an HR round was scheduled and got selected