Oracle

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

For project manager position in Oracle Utilities Analytics (formerly DataRaker) group. Internal recruiter initiated by contacting me through LinkedIn. Recruiter phone interview was immediate followed by hiring manager phone interview. Hiring manager said they would like to bring me in for on-site, which was scheduled then canceled. I was told that due to people being out of the office, they had to re-schedule but I never heard back from either the recruiter or the hiring manager, even after I followed up a couple of weeks later.

I felt pressure from both the recruiter and the hiring manager to be rushed along, and, although they were courteous enough, I felt like a commodity. For example, when I asked to schedule the phone screen a day or two out, the recruiter asked if I could move it up if we did 7 or 8 pm. He was 30 min late, at 7 pm. He asked for my resume but didn't send me the job posting until I asked for it. The hiring manager phone interview was for 2 pm on the same day he emailed me. After the on site was canceled, there was no communication, not even a rejection letter.

Interview Questions
  • I can't recall the specific questions but it was mostly reviewing the resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Honestly, the interview process was a roller coaster. The total time it took from being contacted by an HR rep to actually signing an offer was months long. I know this is probably common for large corporations, so be prepared for this. After a phone call with HR, I next had a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was followed by a number of other phone interviews - I spoke with two peers, the manager's boss, the bosses boss, and finally had an in-person interview with the hiring manager. In between each of these rounds I waited several days (sometimes weeks) with no feedback. Making it to the next round was a total surprise each time. So I want to stress that you shouldn't be discouraged by the amount of time it takes to hear anything. They are all very busy and hiring someone new that requires training and on-boarding is pretty low on their list of priorities.

The interviews were very low-stress and conversational. They asked fair questions and didn't try to stump me the way other interviewers have. They wanted to know about my background and specifically my experience and skill-set relevant to this position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us what you know about Oracle and why you'd want to work here   Answer Question
    Negotiating is not an option. Make sure they have a clear picture of your salary expectation early-on. The HR person might also try to ask you if you think you would accept if an offer were made. I thought this was strange to discuss before actually getting the offer, but it ended up working out since this was my number one choice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in July 2012.

The hiring and interview process was quick and smooth with excellent feedback. It was very easy and relaxing talking to the HR representative along with the hiring manager. The later portions of in-person meetings and interviews were also very smooth and actually enjoyable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in September 2009.

Met multiple team members for about 30 minutes each. No formal process, just different questions from each interviewer.

Interview Questions
    Difficult, they were not willing to budge much. They pushed for the lowest salary possible from upper management.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Oracle.

Acquisition - no interview was required for this. We moved with our existing skill set with the same role, to a new company. Little fish in a big pond but they handled the acquisition relatively well. The onboarding process - so many systems to reacquaint yourself with and very much "do-it-yourself" but no bad thing really.

No negotiation - just acquired

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

unstructured for a company as global and rigorous as it manifests to it customers
    asked by one hiring person why I was there - he didnt know his snr manager asked for interview
    his direct manager got the role being interviewed for incorrectly

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in April 2010.

Initial discussions were with recruiter from company on profile fitment . next discussions was technical interview with questions ranging on work experience to current affairs to macro economics. then we had a brief discussion on job profile. post the technical interview had to follow up on status wherein an HR round was scheduled and got selected