Oracle QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014

3.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

got hired via the take over from hexaware
round 1 : apptitude test
round 2 : groud discussion
round 3: HR interview and technical

Interview Questions
  • Asked some questions from the text books from 6th or 7 th semester
    i answered ok ok
    later on understood that answer was not right .. but still got the offer so i was happy
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

QA Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

I was called by Oracle recruiter for VP of QA Engineering. After brief phone screen with recruiter I was invited in for three, 30-45 minute interviews, all with other VP's, who all reported to the hiring manager. The job was very similar to what I was already doing and the problems were all issues I had solved before at several other large tech companies so I was confident I could help them. The technology area was very interesting and my incentive was working with that area and the level of the position, VP , not money.

Interviews were short, to the point and the interviewers were professional, probing and courteous. Spent only 15 minutes with hiring manager, he was dry, not much information and little time for any questions but I chalked it up to him being a very busy guy. Left and did not hear back for weeks. Out of the blue got a call from the recruiter again saying I was the number one candidate and how fast could I get back in for another round of interviews.After juggling several schedules I was able to get in and see 2 people, one was from the previous round and the second was a VP which had been out while I was in the first time. Things went went well but I began to notice a trend. Whenever I asked how the hiring manager was to work for I noticed some hesitation while answering that " he is very blunt " and "very candid"??

Spent some time making calls to a few friends at Oracle and reviewing Glassdoor comments, the consensus was you need to negotiate hard up front as Oracle is notorious for lack of internal promotions and low raises. One contact had been a previous Oracle employee and actually warned me about how territorial and blame oriented it was inside and how volatile the VP roles could be.

After many weeks of on and off , how fast can you get over here, and the hiring manager's vagueness I lost all incentive to pursue this position further. Finally the hiring manager sent me a nasty email about only wanting a title and money and said I was not a fit.

Bottom line, make sure you know the exact you are interviewing for, press them for the details of title and compensation when it becomes the right time and if the hiring manager brags about how blunt he is as if it is a great strength to be admired...run away fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

I am asked about basic java programming question, SQL question, Linux question and IQ Test. The java question is really simple--like the difference between abstract and interface. I was only asked one question about SQL and I did not come up with the answer. Also the Linux question is basic, like some command in Linux.

Interview Questions
    • How can you show all the tables in an oracle database?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

interviewed at Oracle in August 2014.

Two rounds of process
    1. Online aptitude test
    2. coding test followed by technical + HR interview

Online test is composed of 4 sections
    1.Quantitative
    2.Analytical
    3.verbal
    4.Technical

General aptitude section is of average difficulty. Technical section had questions from C, Java, some of the questions from SQL.
    If You have practiced solving general apti questions, its of no worry.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were of same difficulty and they tried to judge my thought process and were very less bothered about the actual answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in July 2014.

Initially they will take people by Screening process(Aptitude) followed by two to three(maximum) Technical rounds finally one HR round.

In our college around 300 peoples were attended.

The selection process shall comprise of the following three stages:

Stage 1: Aptitude test.
    Stage 2: Technical interview.
    Stage 3: Technical interview 2.
    Stage 4:Behavioral Interview

The Aptitude test shall be an online multiple choice test and shall assess basic coding skills, basic computer knowledge & engineering aptitude skills.

Each stage is an elimination round.

Aptitude test.

1) 10 qns Quantitative (10Qns 10mins very easy).
    2) Computer basics-study ADA.
    3) flowcharts-it can answer there only.
    4) quick table matching problem (10qns 10mins).
    5) English short passage Qns.
    6) Coding skill -40min 20qns (Based on Data structure concentrated on Trees and other concepts).

Interview Questions
    • They asked Questions from Trees and Linked list,Even i answered in n2 complexity they expecting the solution for nlogn ,So that part is very Difficult   Answer Question
    I got an offer pay of 8.4 Lpa,If u want to settle soon and to soon became higher position in career growth.Oracle is the best company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Total 5 rounds - written+3 technical+HR

Interview Questions
    • All questions will be in scope of the work prformed. Mostly should be able to understand the testing procss and sound in domain knowledge. Be ready for testing your reasoning skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

There were 4 rounds(4 technical+hr).

screening written(apti ,SCJP java questions they just copied and pasted)

1.1st technical round(1 hr):

They asked basics of java,some questions like(swapping of 2 numbers with out a temporary variable,how can u resolve the overflow in this case),what is the meaning of public static void main,producer consumer problem,singleton design pattern,palidromes,String buffer,Stringbuilder diff,access specifiers.

2nd round:

Again the basic questions(1 hr).
    what is the output of(if x=6,++(++x)-----(++7) wrong.Find out the longest palindrome in the given string.Reverse the given string.He explained about the job profile.
    After that they said i will get a call from US.

3rd Round:
    This is the director round.They mainly look for ur english skills.Asked abt java basics,singleton use,some brain teasers.

not able to clear

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

First round was background check and it went smoothly where my resume was thoroughly checked. Puzzles were asked.
    Second round was with Manager. She was very uninterested from beginning. She was asking that as u are a girl, will there be problems of relocating. She was continuosly stressing on it citing marriage issues....

Interview Questions
    • nothing diificult..it was basics as I am a Fresher   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Received a call from Oracle HR. Called me for Face to face interview at Noida Office.

HAd one technical interview on day1 and other after 2 days.

Two Technical Interviews, one managerial round, no written, all questions related to QA basics were asked. Nothing specific.

Types of testing, SQL Queries, previous projects, strenghts and weeknesses, why oracle?

very poor, they paid less if compared to industry standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Oracle in October 2010.

The hiring process with Oracle can be quite lengthy. I attended 2 phone interviews, followed by face-to-face interviews by 3 technical persons and finally 1 HR interview. The phone interviews were detailed and lengthy. But the face-to-face ones were pretty short and seemed to be mere formalities.

Interview Questions
    • Do not remember anything as such. Questions were on stuff that I had mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question