Oracle QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

2 rounds of ph. internview. In person interview with the team. Considering Oracle is great company to work for I accepted the offer. Interview procress was intense. I was asked many questions on resume and testing, automation as well as quizes. SQL knowledge is important.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much as this was by recruiter.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

got hired via the take over from hexaware round 1 : apptitude test round 2 : groud discussion round 3: HR interview and technical

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions from the text books from 6th or 7 th semester i answered ok ok later on understood that answer was not right .. but still got the offer so i was happy   Answer Question

QA Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was called by Oracle recruiter for VP of QA Engineering. After brief phone screen with recruiter I was invited in for three, 30-45 minute interviews, all with other VP's, who all reported to the hiring manager. The job was very similar to what I was already doing and the problems were all issues I had solved before at several other large tech companies so I was confident I could help them. The technology area was very interesting and my incentive was working with that area and the level of the position, VP , not money. Interviews were short, to the point and the interviewers were professional, probing and courteous. Spent only 15 minutes with hiring manager, he was dry, not much information and little time for any questions but I chalked it up to him being a very busy guy. Left and did not hear back for weeks. Out of the blue got a call from the recruiter again saying I was the number one candidate and how fast could I get back in for another round of interviews.After juggling several schedules I was able to get in and see 2 people, one was from the previous round and the second was a VP which had been out while I was in the first time. Things went went well but I began to notice a trend. Whenever I asked how the hiring manager was to work for I noticed some hesitation while answering that " he is very blunt " and "very candid"?? Spent some time making calls to a few friends at Oracle and reviewing Glassdoor comments, the consensus was you need to negotiate hard up front as Oracle is notorious for lack of internal promotions and low raises. One contact had been a previous Oracle employee and actually warned me about how territorial and blame oriented it was inside and how volatile the VP roles could be. After many weeks of on and off , how fast can you get over here, and the hiring manager's vagueness I lost all incentive to pursue this position further. Finally the hiring manager sent me a nasty email about only wanting a title and money and said I was not a fit. Bottom line, make sure you know the exact you are interviewing for, press them for the details of title and compensation when it becomes the right time and if the hiring manager brags about how blunt he is as if it is a great strength to be admired...run away fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Riverside, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I am asked about basic java programming question, SQL question, Linux question and IQ Test. The java question is really simple--like the difference between abstract and interface. I was only asked one question about SQL and I did not come up with the answer. Also the Linux question is basic, like some command in Linux.

Interview Questions

• How can you show all the tables in an oracle database?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I interviewed at Oracle (Pune (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of process 1. Online aptitude test 2. coding test followed by technical + HR interview Online test is composed of 4 sections 1.Quantitative 2.Analytical 3.verbal 4.Technical General aptitude section is of average difficulty. Technical section had questions from C, Java, some of the questions from SQL. If You have practiced solving general apti questions, its of no worry.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were of same difficulty and they tried to judge my thought process and were very less bothered about the actual answer   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Initially they will take people by Screening process(Aptitude) followed by two to three(maximum) Technical rounds finally one HR round. In our college around 300 peoples were attended. The selection process shall comprise of the following three stages: Stage 1: Aptitude test. Stage 2: Technical interview. Stage 3: Technical interview 2. Stage 4:Behavioral Interview The Aptitude test shall be an online multiple choice test and shall assess basic coding skills, basic computer knowledge & engineering aptitude skills. Each stage is an elimination round. Aptitude test. 1) 10 qns Quantitative (10Qns 10mins very easy). 2) Computer basics-study ADA. 3) flowcharts-it can answer there only. 4) quick table matching problem (10qns 10mins). 5) English short passage Qns. 6) Coding skill -40min 20qns (Based on Data structure concentrated on Trees and other concepts).

Interview Questions

• They asked Questions from Trees and Linked list,Even i answered in n2 complexity they expecting the solution for nlogn ,So that part is very Difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got an offer pay of 8.4 Lpa,If u want to settle soon and to soon became higher position in career growth.Oracle is the best company

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

Interview

Hiring Process is a bit above medium and below difficult level. Fundamentals are things that matter the most. Scenario based questions are the questions that would lead you to the technical rounds. Prepare for "what if" kind of questions.

Interview Questions

• How will you verify the quantity of a type of product shown in one web page is the same (for that product) in the next page.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderābād (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

Total 5 rounds - written+3 technical+HR All questions will be in scope of the work prformed. Mostly should be able to understand the testing procss and sound in domain knowledge. Be ready for testing your reasoning skills.

Interview Questions

• All questions will be in scope of the work prformed. Mostly should be able to understand the testing procss and sound in domain knowledge. Be ready for testing your reasoning skills.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderābād (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

There were 4 rounds(4 technical+hr). screening written(apti ,SCJP java questions they just copied and pasted) 1.1st technical round(1 hr): They asked basics of java,some questions like(swapping of 2 numbers with out a temporary variable,how can u resolve the overflow in this case),what is the meaning of public static void main,producer consumer problem,singleton design pattern,palidromes,String buffer,Stringbuilder diff,access specifiers. 2nd round: Again the basic questions(1 hr). what is the output of(if x=6,++(++x)-----(++7) wrong.Find out the longest palindrome in the given string.Reverse the given string.He explained about the job profile. After that they said i will get a call from US. 3rd Round: This is the director round.They mainly look for ur english skills.Asked abt java basics,singleton use,some brain teasers. not able to clear

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

First round was background check and it went smoothly where my resume was thoroughly checked. Puzzles were asked. Second round was with Manager. She was very uninterested from beginning. She was asking that as u are a girl, will there be problems of relocating. She was continuosly stressing on it citing marriage issues....

Interview Questions

• nothing diificult..it was basics as I am a Fresher   1 Answer