Oracle

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – got hired via the take over from hexaware
round 1 : apptitude test
round 2 : groud discussion
round 3: HR interview and technical

Interview Question – Asked some questions from the text books from 6th or 7 th semester
i answered ok ok
later on understood that answer was not right .. but still got the offer so i was happy
  Answer Question

QA Engineering Interview

QA Engineering
Redwood City, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by Oracle recruiter for VP of QA Engineering. After brief phone screen with recruiter I was invited in for three, 30-45 minute interviews, all with other VP's, who all reported to the hiring manager. The job was very similar to what I was already doing and the problems were all issues I had solved before at several other large tech companies so I was confident I could help them. The technology area was very interesting and my incentive was working with that area and the level of the position, VP , not money.

Interviews were short, to the point and the interviewers were professional, probing and courteous. Spent only 15 minutes with hiring manager, he was dry, not much information and little time for any questions but I chalked it up to him being a very busy guy. Left and did not hear back for weeks. Out of the blue got a call from the recruiter again saying I was the number one candidate and how fast could I get back in for another round of interviews.After juggling several schedules I was able to get in and see 2 people, one was from the previous round and the second was a VP which had been out while I was in the first time. Things went went well but I began to notice a trend. Whenever I asked how the hiring manager was to work for I noticed some hesitation while answering that " he is very blunt " and "very candid"??

Spent some time making calls to a few friends at Oracle and reviewing Glassdoor comments, the consensus was you need to negotiate hard up front as Oracle is notorious for lack of internal promotions and low raises. One contact had been a previous Oracle employee and actually warned me about how territorial and blame oriented it was inside and how volatile the VP roles could be.

After many weeks of on and off , how fast can you get over here, and the hiring manager's vagueness I lost all incentive to pursue this position further. Finally the hiring manager sent me a nasty email about only wanting a title and money and said I was not a fit.

Bottom line, make sure you know the exact you are interviewing for, press them for the details of title and compensation when it becomes the right time and if the hiring manager brags about how blunt he is as if it is a great strength to be admired...run away fast.

Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – I am asked about basic java programming question, SQL question, Linux question and IQ Test. The java question is really simple--like the difference between abstract and interface. I was only asked one question about SQL and I did not come up with the answer. Also the Linux question is basic, like some command in Linux.

Interview Question – How can you show all the tables in an oracle database?   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Total 5 rounds - written+3 technical+HR

Interview Question – All questions will be in scope of the work prformed. Mostly should be able to understand the testing procss and sound in domain knowledge. Be ready for testing your reasoning skills.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at Oracle in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process with Oracle can be quite lengthy. I attended 2 phone interviews, followed by face-to-face interviews by 3 technical persons and finally 1 HR interview. The phone interviews were detailed and lengthy. But the face-to-face ones were pretty short and seemed to be mere formalities.

Interview Question – Do not remember anything as such. Questions were on stuff that I had mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

Interview Details – There were 4 rounds(4 technical+hr).

screening written(apti ,SCJP java questions they just copied and pasted)

1.1st technical round(1 hr):

They asked basics of java,some questions like(swapping of 2 numbers with out a temporary variable,how can u resolve the overflow in this case),what is the meaning of public static void main,producer consumer problem,singleton design pattern,palidromes,String buffer,Stringbuilder diff,access specifiers.

2nd round:

Again the basic questions(1 hr).
what is the output of(if x=6,++(++x)-----(++7) wrong.Find out the longest palindrome in the given string.Reverse the given string.He explained about the job profile.
After that they said i will get a call from US.

3rd Round:
This is the director round.They mainly look for ur english skills.Asked abt java basics,singleton use,some brain teasers.

not able to clear

Interview Question – brain teasers   Answer Question

QA Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – First round was background check and it went smoothly where my resume was thoroughly checked. Puzzles were asked.
Second round was with Manager. She was very uninterested from beginning. She was asking that as u are a girl, will there be problems of relocating. She was continuosly stressing on it citing marriage issues....

Interview Question – nothing diificult..it was basics as I am a Fresher   View Answer

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2010.

Interview Details – Employee Referral

Interview Questions

• Various Analytic and Puzzle Questions   View Answer
  • Technical Questions on DB like Types of DB Constraints   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Good

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!