Oracle Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I was working with a local recruiter cross country to get interview with Oracle in their Manufacturing Consultant Group. Most of the paper work, experiences and what I was looking for in the total package was conveyed to the recruiter for expectation. It was the whole day interview. I first met with the consulting manager, which is the person that I report directly, then I was interviewed in a group with several current consultants, then the senior manager, and the project manager with several current projects.

Interview Questions

• My background was in database, but I didn't work with Oracle database in my previous job except with the government and school doing teaching assistant in database. I mainly was in software development using CASE life cycle and testing products. They want to know if I am cut out to do consultant as it requires many different tasks within the project and my previous employer did not show consultant experience. Also, majority of the interviewee graduated from an ivy league school and I didn't. I had to used my teaching experience and the work from government to show how I have the drive to do consultant and enjoyed doing these consultant projects at client site.. I was very lucky at the time otherwise I don't think I can get into Oracle without Oracle experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for Oracle to pay relocation expenses from Virginia to California and short term living expenses while waiting for items to move over cross country. I also got a sign-on bonus.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview offered after an academic visit to the company headquarter: during the visit, the contact of the company and the professor agreed on looking for an internship opportunities for some students, and in few hours we were given the chance of an interview. Two days later, the interview lasted 3 hours and consisted in several company employees asking the most diverse questions about CS and in particular about my work field and thesis, from general questions about my prior work to very detailed questions. Moreover, some interviewers checkedmy programming and designing skills by asking me to program with C language and to design a circuit that implements a memory.

Interview Questions

• Which changes would you make to the CPU cache architecture to improve it? Would you be able to design a memory?   Answer Question

Principal Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter and set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager loved to hear himself talk so that made it quite easy. Invited for a face-to-face interview but that particular group's interview process was a little different. They prefer to have the candidate give a presentation on their topic of choice. Confirmed the topic was okay with the hiring manager. When I came into present, interviewed with 4 other people and was NOT given an opportunity to present my slides or materials, only to whiteboard. As they said, they preferred if I discussed from memory. Alrighty then!

I felt like I did well enough to advance, however, was not given an opportunity to go to the next round, which was unfortunate but perhaps they already had a finalist in mind.

Interview Questions

• If the SVP was in front of you, what would you say to her?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

For project manager position in Oracle Utilities Analytics (formerly DataRaker) group. Internal recruiter initiated by contacting me through LinkedIn. Recruiter phone interview was immediate followed by hiring manager phone interview. Hiring manager said they would like to bring me in for on-site, which was scheduled then canceled. I was told that due to people being out of the office, they had to re-schedule but I never heard back from either the recruiter or the hiring manager, even after I followed up a couple of weeks later.

I felt pressure from both the recruiter and the hiring manager to be rushed along, and, although they were courteous enough, I felt like a commodity. For example, when I asked to schedule the phone screen a day or two out, the recruiter asked if I could move it up if we did 7 or 8 pm. He was 30 min late, at 7 pm. He asked for my resume but didn't send me the job posting until I asked for it. The hiring manager phone interview was for 2 pm on the same day he emailed me. After the on site was canceled, there was no communication, not even a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall the specific questions but it was mostly reviewing the resume.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Skype interview then Phone interview. Skype interview was an informational interview + some questions about why sales, why oracle, etc. Then a phone interview with someone who had my position who asked similar questions. I could tell by the end of this interview that I was going to get the job.

They were hiring too many people it seemed like

Cloud Deal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Easy. General HR recruiter will call you for a 15-30 min interview. In office interview will be with 2-3 managers. Basically, can you manage your time and are you a normal person? Final "test" is a full background check where every detail of your resume will need to be verified. Probably the hardest part of the process.

Interview Questions

• If you had 10 things that needed to get done at the same time, how would you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Questions

I want to decline, but not decided yet.

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Hired through acquisition. Had opportunity to speak to and interact with multiple groups that my previous position touched. Was mapped to the group that would receive the most value from my skill set.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to go?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

sent in resume received phone call waited a month

Interview Questions

• can you work without resources   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation take it or leave it

Associate Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I received an email through my university department that Oracle was looking for hires, so I forwarded my resume. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was very negative about my demeanor and told me that I would have to improve when talking to the hiring managed. Briefly introduced myself to the recruiter at the career fair the following week. After the career fair, they invited everyone who had spoke to them to pizza that night. Following this, I received an invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I did the following week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager seemed completely uninterested in my background and really just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting myself into. I got a call later that evening telling me I had got the job. Overall, the whole experience lasted less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, it was all straightforward situation/behavior questions.   Answer Question

Because I could tell from the entire recruitment process that they were not interested in my background or skills, they just wanted warm bodies to fill this position. It seemed WAY too easy to get this job, and thus it appeared that it was a undesirable position. I know several other people who took this job coming out of college, and are now actively looking for other jobs because they didn't like this one.