Oracle

2.9

80 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

sent in resume received phone call waited a month

Interview Questions
    no negotiation take it or leave it

Associate Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

I received an email through my university department that Oracle was looking for hires, so I forwarded my resume. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, who was very negative about my demeanor and told me that I would have to improve when talking to the hiring managed. Briefly introduced myself to the recruiter at the career fair the following week. After the career fair, they invited everyone who had spoke to them to pizza that night. Following this, I received an invite for a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I did the following week. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The manager seemed completely uninterested in my background and really just wanted to make sure that I knew what I was getting myself into. I got a call later that evening telling me I had got the job. Overall, the whole experience lasted less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, it was all straightforward situation/behavior questions.   Answer Question

Because I could tell from the entire recruitment process that they were not interested in my background or skills, they just wanted warm bodies to fill this position. It seemed WAY too easy to get this job, and thus it appeared that it was a undesirable position. I know several other people who took this job coming out of college, and are now actively looking for other jobs because they didn't like this one.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Sales Academy: Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

As a graduating college senior, it was extremely easy to apply. I emailed the campus recruiter and she said she could interview me later that same day. She asked me a few personality questions, a few questions about my most applicable work experience, what my understanding of the position I was applying for is, and that was about it. Extremely personable, was almost trying to get me to want to job more than trying to grill me. Although, in all fairness, I came recommended by two current employees and had a tremendous amount of relevant experience for a college student. The second round was over the phone and asked most of the same questions as the first round in person. It was a joke how easy it was and I can't imagine anyone having a hard time if they know anything about what someone in sales does.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself competitive, and if so, can you provide some examples?   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

An senior engineer of that group asked me some technical questions about web technologies such as AJAX, XML, JSON and some C++ questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

College hire process can vary from student to student. I have heard of students having a technical phone screen but my process was 20 minute HR screen --> Group Ranking from groups interested in hiring me --> HQ group interviews. The group interviews can vary from pure behavioral, white board coding, take home coding tests, and or a mixture of everything. Mine was more on the behavioral side so it was easier possibly.

That hardest part is actually getting the first round interview. Oracle only hires from some 15 colleges from around the country (with some exceptions) and weigh GPA and work experience (internships / coops) higher than many would expect hence the interview process maybe very easy for many.

Interview Questions
    • A great white board question I remember was "Find the second largest element in a Binary Search Tree"   View Answer
    Oracle exceeded my salary range - no negotiation was necessary. They also ended up giving an extra 5k bonus when I started on top of what was in my offer packet.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Typical process. One round with Recruiter, One round with hiring manager and an on-site interview with 4-5 peer of the hiring manager. The process was quick. Scheduling was done quick . Location was easy to get to. The team was quick to respond. Be prepare to just listen and not ask any question. Some questions were totally irrelevant .

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. Most of the managers did not seem very motivated. They switched over from consulting and are happy with steady check.   Answer Question

Offer was 10k less than original offer. They like to play dodge ball. I accepted the original offer and they came back and said sorry we didnt realize we could not pay you that much. We have to drop it by 10k. Seems like bait and switch. I declined because I found that process very unethical.

Software Engineer - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Got a call for onsite interview from the HR. Guess it was based on Career fair where I had submitted my resume. The process is good like 7-10 teams on 1-2 locations based on your interest is what you get and cracking at least one of them is sure to happen. One of the easiest interviews one may expect. Its mostly skill matching they look for so while choosing the teams choose ones you like the most and keep asking for more teams in case you don't find the given set interesting - this is important if you are considering this company very seriously !

Had better ones.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

It was a college recruit. I flew to the headquarters for the only round of interview.
    A day long interview with 5 different groups, a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Hiring Process is Slow, Interview Process can be challenging, More Behavioral Questions, Followed by OS and Coding questions