Oracle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview Details – Typical process. One round with Recruiter, One round with hiring manager and an on-site interview with 4-5 peer of the hiring manager. The process was quick. Scheduling was done quick . Location was easy to get to. The team was quick to respond. Be prepare to just listen and not ask any question. Some questions were totally irrelevant .

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. Most of the managers did not seem very motivated. They switched over from consulting and are happy with steady check.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was 10k less than original offer. They like to play dodge ball. I accepted the original offer and they came back and said sorry we didnt realize we could not pay you that much. We have to drop it by 10k. Seems like bait and switch. I declined because I found that process very unethical.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – sent in resume received phone call waited a month

Interview Question – can you work without resources   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation take it or leave it

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by another Oracle employee. I had two phone interviews, one with a Senior Director and one with a VP. The Senior Director's questions related to what I had experience with and how large each project was. Very personable and comfortable. The VP asked situational questions and wanted to understand the way I analyze and approach situations. I gave honest, pragmatic answers.

Interview Question – Why did you work at three different companies in the past 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initially I was promised a higher salary, then executive management cut it by 10K, claiming 'I could grow into the position'. This past year, there were no (official) raises, so zero "growing into' dollars for me. I decided to accept the job based on being virtual and my immediate management.

Software Engineer V Interview

Software Engineer V
Redwood City, CA

I interviewed at Oracle in May 2011.

Interview Details – For software engineers - about 4 interviews: 2 technical, 1 manager, 1 hr. sometimes an interview by a matrix manager or the manager's manager.
Mostly recruiting via headhunting (linked-in).

Interview Question – No question database - when i interview i ask a combination of questions (some ad hock).   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Question – Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Senior Sales Consultant
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was an employee referral. Interview process consisted of resume review, 2 phone interviews, and one technical presentation given to hiring manager, department director, and three remote team members.

Interview Question – Why were you laid off?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Director of Pricing Interview

Director of Pricing
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in September 2009.

Interview Details – Very laid-back. After a phone screen with the recruiter, I got invited to a meeting with the hiring manager. We "clicked" quickly.

Interview Question – I don't remember. It didn't really feel like an interview, more of a discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only thing that one can negotiate is the starting salary. There is nothing else on the offer. So my advise is: negotiate it well, you don't know when you will have a raise.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details – An senior engineer of that group asked me some technical questions about web technologies such as AJAX, XML, JSON and some C++ questions.

Interview Question – HTML5   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Academy: Associate Sales Representative Interview

Sales Academy: Associate Sales Representative
Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

Interview Details – As a graduating college senior, it was extremely easy to apply. I emailed the campus recruiter and she said she could interview me later that same day. She asked me a few personality questions, a few questions about my most applicable work experience, what my understanding of the position I was applying for is, and that was about it. Extremely personable, was almost trying to get me to want to job more than trying to grill me. Although, in all fairness, I came recommended by two current employees and had a tremendous amount of relevant experience for a college student. The second round was over the phone and asked most of the same questions as the first round in person. It was a joke how easy it was and I can't imagine anyone having a hard time if they know anything about what someone in sales does.

Interview Question – Would you consider yourself competitive, and if so, can you provide some examples?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was a college hire. They picked up my resume during a career conference. The HR sent me a list of groups who were interested in my resume and I was asked to select the groups I wanted to interview with. I was then flown to HQ and met up with the respective group heads and accepted an offer.

Interview Question – Not a very technical interview. General discussions on past work and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations