Oracle Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA

2.9

76 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2014.

Ask some basic Java questions

Interview Questions

I want to decline, but not decided yet.

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Hired through acquisition. Had opportunity to speak to and interact with multiple groups that my previous position touched. Was mapped to the group that would receive the most value from my skill set.

None.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Typical process. One round with Recruiter, One round with hiring manager and an on-site interview with 4-5 peer of the hiring manager. The process was quick. Scheduling was done quick . Location was easy to get to. The team was quick to respond. Be prepare to just listen and not ask any question. Some questions were totally irrelevant .

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. Most of the managers did not seem very motivated. They switched over from consulting and are happy with steady check.   Answer Question

Offer was 10k less than original offer. They like to play dodge ball. I accepted the original offer and they came back and said sorry we didnt realize we could not pay you that much. We have to drop it by 10k. Seems like bait and switch. I declined because I found that process very unethical.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

sent in resume received phone call waited a month

Interview Questions
    no negotiation take it or leave it

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

I was referred by another Oracle employee. I had two phone interviews, one with a Senior Director and one with a VP. The Senior Director's questions related to what I had experience with and how large each project was. Very personable and comfortable. The VP asked situational questions and wanted to understand the way I analyze and approach situations. I gave honest, pragmatic answers.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you work at three different companies in the past 5 years?   View Answer
    Initially I was promised a higher salary, then executive management cut it by 10K, claiming 'I could grow into the position'. This past year, there were no (official) raises, so zero "growing into' dollars for me. I decided to accept the job based on being virtual and my immediate management.

Software Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

interviewed at Oracle in May 2011.

For software engineers - about 4 interviews: 2 technical, 1 manager, 1 hr. sometimes an interview by a matrix manager or the manager's manager.
    Mostly recruiting via headhunting (linked-in).

Interview Questions
    • No question database - when i interview i ask a combination of questions (some ad hock).   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Internal hiring, interviewed by a Director (who was also my then current manager) and another Senior Manager in a different team, jointly.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall to that level of detail. Mostly the interview was focused on judgement and behaviour in management settings.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as I moved from an IC role to a management role.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2011.

I was an employee referral. Interview process consisted of resume review, 2 phone interviews, and one technical presentation given to hiring manager, department director, and three remote team members.

Director of Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Oracle in September 2009.

Very laid-back. After a phone screen with the recruiter, I got invited to a meeting with the hiring manager. We "clicked" quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. It didn't really feel like an interview, more of a discussion.   Answer Question
    The only thing that one can negotiate is the starting salary. There is nothing else on the offer. So my advise is: negotiate it well, you don't know when you will have a raise.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2013.

An senior engineer of that group asked me some technical questions about web technologies such as AJAX, XML, JSON and some C++ questions.