Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle
- Software Engineer (116)
- Applications Engineer (55)
- Member of Technical Staff (54)
- Associate Consultant (48)
- Senior Software Engineer (47)
- Business Development Consultant (46)
- Inside Sales Representative (41)
- Applications Developer (40)
- Sales Representative (35)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff (32)
- Software Developer (24)
- Consultant (23)
- Business Analyst (18)
- Principal Consultant (17)
- Senior Applications Engineer (17)
- Sales Consultant (17)
- Engineering (16)
- Senior Consultant (15)
- Account Manager (15)
- Applications Sales Representative (15)
- Intern (14)
- Hardware Engineer (14)
- Senior Sales Consultant (13)
- Director (11)
- QA Engineer (11)
- Sales Manager (11)
- Account Executive (10)
- Associate Sales Representative (10)
- Product Manager (10)
- Principal Software Engineer (10)
Regional Sales Manager Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Oracle in December 2012.
Met with the regional director and we discussed my outlook on sales, whether I was a solution seller. I had a follow up with the regional VP at a steakhouse and we discussed the role, it was much less about my background and more about the job.
- what do you like about Oracle 1 Answer
I was given a verbal offer of 100K base and 125 variable. It turns out that since I worked for Oracle direct there was a ceiling placed on how much base I could earn so I was offered 85K base instead. By the time I found this out I had already resigned from my last job. Not sure why having worked for Oracle before should be a knock against me.
Other Interview Reviews for Oracle
Regional Sales Manager InterviewAccepted OfferAverage InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Oracle (Reston, VA) in July 2010.
Initially contacted by Recruiter to see if I had interest in pursuing change in employment. Followed by a few weeks of casual contact and the "pitch" on Oracle culture and opportunities. Formal process included interviews with Recruiter, Hiring Manager and Group Vice President. Professional and expeditious.
- None that I can recall Answer Question
Negotiation was open and collaborative. Set strong starting salary, they do not give raises very often. You need W2's to support your request.