Oracle SMTS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

3.3

Smts Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

1. It was very technical and covered almost all of core java and j2ee
2. Was made to write code for few design patterns, jdbc etc.,
3. algo for stack, queue etc.,

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Smts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

4 technical rounds,1 HR round, Design and scenario based questions. In deep into core java implementation of APIs, Spring questions, programs on String manipulation etc. to test if you are still coding.

Smts Interview

Interview

The interviews are fairly basic and not tough at all.
    The offer letter however takes a lot of time.
    The questions concentrate around SQL and PL SQL
    The offer can not be negotiated on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

I had applied on company database about an year back. HRs never bothered to call me but my manager was diligent enough to take pain to go through the system database herself and then personally called me for the opening.
    The interview process begun with a through technical round, after 2 weeks there was another aptitude round lasting for about 2 hours - this round included about 12 puzzles and brain teasers, after about 3 weeks managerial round was conducted by my current manager which lasted for about 2 hours and questions were technical, conceptual and behavioral. I thought I have gone through but it seems it was just the tip of the iceberg.
    Since, I fell under apparently high salary band for my experience and designation, I was required to go through an additional round with Director of the company. This round was easier than all of the rounds conducted before.
    Now, when I have cleared all the rounds they happen to reckon that all of the rounds conducted till now were telephonic and it was also essential to conduct at least one f2f round. I was based out of Gurgaon and opening was for Bangalore so they asked me to visit their Noida office to get the interview conducted by some lady who was remotely working on similar technologies and was not in the same team or product even.

OK after clearing all these rounds with a pinch of salt, I thought it was finally over. HR called after about 3 weeks of the last interviews, gave me a salary figure which I agreed upon. They asked me to send over my pay slip in which they found that my salary had yearly bonus component which I was getting even more than 100% every year. They decided not to consider this component as my then current salary and reduced my offered package by 2 lac rupees. People normally negotiate over their offered salary and get a higher package but here I am who was negotiating just to get his initially offered salary back.

After negotiation with totally disinterested parties, they agreed on a figure and again went onto hibernation for THREE months before giving me a legally binding offer letter.

The whole process took around 8 months since my first interview to my joining date.

MORAL: Process is painstakingly slow and you got to have hell lot of patience

Interview Questions

• Puzzle round was the most difficult round in which one of the question asked was to "Find top three horses among 25 horses by conducting minimum number of races"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate much. Margin of negotiation cannot be more than 10%.
    Fight tooth and nail for the initial offer as the yearly hike in best case scenario is not more than 5%, which is given to just 20% of the total employees

Smts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

The Interview was for Mysql team. It was horrible experience .The interviewer was fake one and just to show that they have interviewed someone.Interviewers was simply passing time. Even after telling that requirements are not matching they continue to grill and harass.They took just as an fun activity. Oracle as an employer has gone to dogs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

1 written test, 4 tech interview

Negotiation

nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Bangalore (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

1 round of telephonic and 3 round of direct interview was happened

Smts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle (Guwahati (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

5 rounds of interview both technical and HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate it as it is my first job