Oracle Sales Consultant Interview Questions

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Applied online through Linkedin
phone interview with recruiter
phone interview with manager
presentation with group including managers and other sales consultants

Interview Questions
  • Present some type of technology to us for 30 minutes over webex   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Was recruited via LinkedIn. Was recruited by Workday at the same time. Two completely different experiences. Oracle had the recruiter interview me by phone first. Next came a short interview with my potential manager. Each interview was maybe a half hour. Finally they flew me out to Atlanta to interview with another manager and the director of consulting. I was required to give a 15 minute presentation just to make sure I was up to the task, and to check my delivery. They told me if there was an offer it would come in a couple weeks, which was nice because they didn't leave me hanging. Two weeks later came the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I expected to handle moving from a smaller company with 14,000 employees to a large company like Oracle with 120,000 employees. Didn't see that one coming.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was rough. They were hiring a lot of people and didn't seem terribly interested in moving the number.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle.

Contacted the recruiting manager through career fair at my college. Interview was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions asked were about team work experiences and how I handle a difficult task/hardship.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Some what slow process. Very involved interview process with multiple members of the team and their leadership

Interview Questions
    • Would I be willing to take a cut in base pay with potential to make more on future commissions   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Oracle.

Originally meet them at an on campus meeting, from there they immediately offered me an on the phone interview. From there I proceeded to have multiple phone interviews with them. It took them quite a while to get back to me after each interview. After my first interview I thought I had not got another interview as it took them multiple months to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Just why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

Initial conversations with an Oracle recruiter who had limited understanding of the job, but had a bunch of standard questions to ask about what types of software I had worked with. After the recruiter felt my skills matched the job, I was then connected to a hiring manager for a telephone interview. The next step involved a few more phone discussions with team members, another manager, and then a multi-person discussion with two sales managers. The final evaluation was a demonstration presented to the team I'd be working with. I had a verbal offer that was dependent on passing a background check and a formal offer followed.

Interview Questions
    • Not a question per se, but I had to demonstrate one of the Oracle cloud solutions with only 3 days to access, prepare, and practice with software I had not ever worked with before.   Answer Question
    It was a collaborative process with the hiring manager who was very honest about what would be possible for compensation.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

The interviewing stage is so long. Too long. There is three to four rounds of interviews, which includes a final presentation. The fist few interviews are basic HR interview and are pretty easy. Then a manager will either come to you or you will meet them somewhere, all of the travel is taken care of for you. The final round is not about your product knowledge but more of how you present and general industry knowledge.

Consulting Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

Phone interview, went well, the first face to face interview went well and then met with 3 hiring managers. Great company with new changes coming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in March 2009.

Rather straight forward. Since it is a technical sales position, technical knowledge is an expectation. An opportunity to do a presentation was provided. Managers generally are looking for someone who can articulate complex technology concepts and features into simple benefits and opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was, What books are you currently reading?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Contacted initially by a recruiter for a phone interview (phone screen). About 30-40 minutes on the phone. Got an e-mail within a week about an in person interview which was comprised of two 30 minute interviews and a 20 minute presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior based interview - none were that unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!