Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle
- Software Engineer (132)
- Applications Engineer (77)
- Business Development Consultant (62)
- Senior Software Engineer (61)
- Member of Technical Staff (61)
- Associate Consultant (55)
- Applications Developer (54)
- Inside Sales Representative (47)
- Sales Representative (47)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff (35)
- Software Developer (28)
- Consultant (24)
- Applications Sales Representative (24)
- Business Analyst (24)
- Senior Consultant (22)
- Sales Consultant (22)
- Senior Applications Engineer (20)
- Principal Consultant (20)
- Account Manager (19)
- Intern (19)
- Associate Sales Representative (18)
- Senior Sales Consultant (16)
- Engineering (16)
- Hardware Engineer (15)
- Director (14)
- QA Engineer (14)
- Staff Consultant (13)
- Software Developer II (13)
- Account Executive (13)
- Senior Principal Consultant (12)
Sales Executive Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle.
Started out with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then like others who have posted on Glassdoor, they flew me out to do a speed dating version of interviewing with various managers and team members. From there they checked out my references (only called two out of five), did a background check and had an offer seven days later. They will ask you your exact salary on the background check.
- Went off my resume, asked if i was ever under 100% and why. Answer Question
No negotiation. They improved my base 6% from what I earn now. Sales commission was 1.5 times what they pay in salary. Overall, a great package if at 100% of plan. 401k matching is capped around $5k per year, which is much less than my current employer.
Other Interview Reviews for Oracle
Sales Executive InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oracle (Dallas, TX) in July 2010.
Interview with PeopleSoft prior to purchase by Oracle. Two Interviews
- Don't recall a particularly unexpected or difficult question Answer Question
Sales Executive InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2009.
Corporate Recruiter arranged it and they had me fly into town. When i met with them they were dismissive and arrogant. Ultimately this is a waste of time. After they told me what the position entails we both agreed that it was not something i was interested in. The description in the interview was something completely different from what i had been prepared for by the recruiter.
- Are you prepared to make 60-90 cold calls a day? 1 Answer
Sales Executive InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Houston, TX) in May 2009.
I had several interviews with a full team of sales specialists and managers, culture is laser focus and delivering results very quickly. Be prepared to be questioned about details that aren't relevant to a business problem, but that fits their stack.
- Why I had not completely read the entire solution stack overview on their website. Answer Question