Oracle

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

A group of about 7 of us were brought in to interview with 3 different market sector directors within oracle direct. Not a true group interview, rather we interviewed individually with one at a time, if that makes sense. Coming from the military, I did not experience their traditional interview method, each interviewer said as much at the start of each one. the standard type is rumored to involve a lot of sales skills and scenario type questions. The process took a total of 3.5 hours pretty evenly split between the 3 interviewers. Considering that I have no real software or direct sales experience, they did a pretty good job of focusing on the intangibles; those fundamental qualities which a successful salesman requires. They are starting a program to try to take advantage of the military veterans and those qualities they bring to the table. Understand they are in the beginning phases and still developing the methodology to train and transition a veteran from the military mindset to software sales. Great intent with genuine enthusiasm behind the initiative. I'm sounding like a spokesman for the company but I'm really not. At this moment I'm waiting for a call to discuss a possible offer so I have no real vested interest in making them sound great, I have no offer yet.

Interview Questions
  • Considering your military background which involves no real direct sales responsibilities, why do you think you would make a good sales person?   View Answer
  • Why sales?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Sales Interview

The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in January 2012.

Several rounds--takes a while. First phone, then phone again with a manager, then in person with a group, then presentation, then offer. After the offer comes their SUPER intense background check (which every big company does now), several rounds of approvals which eventually makes its way to the CEO's office. Interview, background check, and finally the official offer takes a while so be patient.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in December 2011.

Very long, too many recruiters involved, the same questions being repeated over and over again.

Interview Questions
    • The lady was asking about their competitors and was quite negative about them, which is a bit unprofessional.   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question