Oracle

Oracle Sales Manager Interview Questions

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview process was easy. The hire process was slow and painful. Limited information available to anyone, numerous levels of bureaucracy.

The interview process is a joke for sales. If you can show some track record and experience selling they will hire you. That said, if you survive is another matter. The approach is hire many and see who survives a year with an Oracle sales quota.

Interview Questions
Not a lot of negotiation. Little movement on the Oracle side.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Interview & presentation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

I was recruited through LinkedIn and on-campus recruiting at Cal. I was being interviewed for the January Sales Academy start date and the process was very fast. Attended an information session, had a 30-minute in-person interview, 20-minute phone interview, and received my offer. All within a week or so.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. Some I was simply not prepared for, such as "tell me awards you have recently won." If they like you, you'll just end up chatting.   Answer Question
    Negotiation almost impossible. The hiring process is so streamlined, almost everyone gets the same automated offer. But it's a good offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

Had a series of interviews with progressively higher levels of management as well as with peers of these higher levels. Process took approximately 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected to be asked if I were a tree what type of tree would I prefer to be.   Answer Question
    Provided earnings statements from prior positions as Oracle will not offer compensation at a dramatically higher level than previous comp. Process was rather short.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in December 2009.

3 phone interviews and 1 face 2 face interviews. Lots of questions from actual day to day experience on the previous jobs, and same importance on the current job. It took 3 months from the start of interview to geting offer letter, and requires good amount of patience to complete whole process of hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special in their interview questions.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in November 2009.

Initial interview was by phone with remote hiring manager. 2nd interview was in-person with hiring manager. 3rd interview was by phone with peer to hiring manager. 4th interview was in-person with peer to hiring manager. 5th interview was by phone with Executive to hiring manager. Very regimented process, but didn't seem to follow any formal structure. Although the hiring manager made the final decision, the other interviewees had to be "on board".

Interview Questions
    • what qualities would you look for when hiring new employees?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

You will be approached by a recruiter, you can also apply via existing Oracle employee lots of jobs available on internal job site. generally you will be interviewed by Manager and his boss i.e. two levels. First interview would be more grilling. HR interview will be just a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Sometime you might be asked for a roleplay similar to a role you applied for   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in July 2012.

Long Hiring Process. Start date was unknown until the week I started, as they had internal issues. Wen to a meeting on Oracle's behalf before actually being employed.

Interview Questions
    • How would your experience translate to Oracle processes   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate on salary.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

The initial interview was with a local HR manager and associates. It seems very normal that they asked usual questions like who I am, what I have done, and what my skills are. The next step was to meet with actual reporting line manager, coming from the other region. I declined to proceed with the interview due to his unprofessional impression.

Interview Questions
    • The next level interviewer was not requesting, but was commanding me to do things prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Oracle in March 2010.

Loved the Oracle recruiter! very personable and attentive