Oracle

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited through LinkedIn and on-campus recruiting at Cal. I was being interviewed for the January Sales Academy start date and the process was very fast. Attended an information session, had a 30-minute in-person interview, 20-minute phone interview, and received my offer. All within a week or so.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult. Some I was simply not prepared for, such as "tell me awards you have recently won." If they like you, you'll just end up chatting.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation almost impossible. The hiring process is so streamlined, almost everyone gets the same automated offer. But it's a good offer.

Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Interview process was easy. The hire process was slow and painful. Limited information available to anyone, numerous levels of bureaucracy.

The interview process is a joke for sales. If you can show some track record and experience selling they will hire you. That said, if you survive is another matter. The approach is hire many and see who survives a year with an Oracle sales quota.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation. Little movement on the Oracle side.

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Interview & presentation

Interview Question – General mock presentation questions   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in December 2009.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews and 1 face 2 face interviews. Lots of questions from actual day to day experience on the previous jobs, and same importance on the current job. It took 3 months from the start of interview to geting offer letter, and requires good amount of patience to complete whole process of hiring.

Interview Question – Nothing special in their interview questions.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

Interview Details – Had a series of interviews with progressively higher levels of management as well as with peers of these higher levels. Process took approximately 2 months.

Interview Question – Unexpected to be asked if I were a tree what type of tree would I prefer to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Provided earnings statements from prior positions as Oracle will not offer compensation at a dramatically higher level than previous comp. Process was rather short.

Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initial interview was by phone with remote hiring manager. 2nd interview was in-person with hiring manager. 3rd interview was by phone with peer to hiring manager. 4th interview was in-person with peer to hiring manager. 5th interview was by phone with Executive to hiring manager. Very regimented process, but didn't seem to follow any formal structure. Although the hiring manager made the final decision, the other interviewees had to be "on board".

Interview Question – what qualities would you look for when hiring new employees?   Answer Question

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in July 2012.

Interview Details – Long Hiring Process. Start date was unknown until the week I started, as they had internal issues. Wen to a meeting on Oracle's behalf before actually being employed.

Interview Question – How would your experience translate to Oracle processes   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate on salary.

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – You will be approached by a recruiter, you can also apply via existing Oracle employee lots of jobs available on internal job site. generally you will be interviewed by Manager and his boss i.e. two levels. First interview would be more grilling. HR interview will be just a formality.

Interview Question – Sometime you might be asked for a roleplay similar to a role you applied for   Answer Question

Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in November 2011.

Interview Details – The initial interview was with a local HR manager and associates. It seems very normal that they asked usual questions like who I am, what I have done, and what my skills are. The next step was to meet with actual reporting line manager, coming from the other region. I declined to proceed with the interview due to his unprofessional impression.

Interview Question – The next level interviewer was not requesting, but was commanding me to do things prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in April 2008.

Interview Details – I was refer by my ex employer, and I need to go throught a phone interview first , it was mostly about the background and the detail of my CV

Secondly I need to have a 1 to 1 interview with the HR it was mostly about the career aspriation .

Last ly interview with the team manger, is about behavior interview

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult group or team member and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!