Oracle

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Interview Details – Skype interview then Phone interview. Skype interview was an informational interview + some questions about why sales, why oracle, etc. Then a phone interview with someone who had my position who asked similar questions. I could tell by the end of this interview that I was going to get the job.

Reason for Declining – They were hiring too many people it seemed like

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – Recruited at college career fair to come in and interview with their recruiter, after was offered a time to have a phone interview to speak with someone from management

Interview Question – Describe a time that you failed, what do you think are the key components to success, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

Interview Details – Applied through university, got an interview, and and another one with senior management

Interview Question – Most of them were basic interview questions   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was two tiered. First I met with the regional sales manager who asked me standard questions about my experience and background. Moved on to more generic questions about difficult situations at workplace and how I handled it, how did you increase sales in your accounts etc. Second round was with the regional manager and his boss. I was asked to do a presentation explaining Oracle University products. It was very straight forward with few questions sprinkled in. I was told they would reach out to me but never did. I did follow up and was told the they did not get the funds for the position.

Interview Question – Most questions were very generic. Difficult question was scenario based: If a customer calls and wants to cancel a multi million order at the last second. What would u do?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – This was an informational interview over the phone, and I did not hear back after this.

Interview Question – Sell me a museum membership (I used to work at a museum).   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very straight forward process. Really enjoyed the 2 interviews (one in person, one by phone). Sounds like great work/life balance. Competitive salary

Interview Question – Take me through a sales pitch for a mid-size company. (What should you focus on)   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a regional manager about the position. He focused on my positive attributes (ex- no 'what is a weakness of yours' type questions). Lasted 20 minutes. Pretty relaxed and he talked more about the company and position.

Interview Question – Why did I pick my university   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Multiple rounds, phone and in person

Interview Question – What makes you successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO NEGOTIATION

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I found the interview process at Oracle to be fairly relaxed in relation to the interviews conducted by other competitors. Going into the interview, I lacked many of the technical skills and specific work experience required for the job, so my interviewer took a holistic approach to my education and past work experience to discern that I would indeed be a good fit for the company. After one in person interview, I received my official offer of employment from Oracle.

Interview Question – I was asked about my specific knowledge of the services provided by the company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not have the option to negotiate my contract

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went through the campus recruiting process. I had two interviews, one phone interview and one in-person interview at my school's career center. Both were very straightforward and all behavioral questions. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and I was asked behavioral questions based on my resume that I had submitted to them. At the end of the phone interview, they asked me right away if I'd be available for an in-person interview in the next two days. At that interview, they asked some follow-up questions to the answers I had given in the phone interview. I was given an offer on the spot.

Interview Question – There were no technical or case questions asked.   Answer Question

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!