Oracle Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Initial communication was through an email inquiry and I was soon called by an Oracle recruiter. First and subsequent interviews were all face to face. First with two levels of managers and final with VP of Sales.

Interview Questions

• When faced with a highly challenging situations, what's your first reaction?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations can be difficult and I pushed back on the first offer. Now I wish I pushed back twice.

Advice...get as much as you can upfront because raises are far and few between. If you're happy with your salary, then you'll be good. If you are just okay and think it'll grow over time...you will be highly disappointed.

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Currently in the interview process and am very impressed with the level of professionalism. They are looking for hard working enthusiastic people. If you are good with people and can easily convers with them then odds are they may higher you if you have the credentials. Overall the recruiters are nice people who genuinely want to work with you to see if your the right fit. If you are they will only help you through the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the campus job fair. Was sent a confirmation email for a phone interview with HR a few days later. A week later I had an interview with the HR rep I met at the fair. I went through a totla of three phone interviews on the phone. The first was with HR, second with a manager in Boston, and the third with a manager in Austin.

I had an advantage because I knew someone that worked at Oracle and called them and got the DL on what the job entailed, etc. Then I talked to multiple people that worked for the company which really helped impress my interviewers. I was offered a job two days after my 3rd phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in a group with difficult personalities, why Oracle?, What's your sales experience? Go over your resume   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2015.

Interview

A good and manageable interview process. One brief phone interview with a recruiter and then an hour long phone interview with two managers in the office that have different roles. 30 minutes per manager on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why Oracle? Why Sales? How will you overcome obstacles and failures in Sales? Cold Calling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email in response to my application to schedule a phone interview with a college recruiter. The interview was very casual, and conversational so I was told I would move to the second round. The second round of interviews was conducted by a sales representative at Oracle, and was similar in fashion of the first interview (casual, no standard interview questions.) This conversation was very similar to my first conversation with a recruiter, but I was not continued onto the interview process, for reasons unknown to me.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I got the recruiter's information from a friend and was given a phone interview right away. I later had 2 in person interviews. It was not intimidating at all. You just have to be passionate about sales. Although I was really confident, I wasn't really passionate about working in sales and they were able to tell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very Basic Interview Questions, if you prepare and are motivated you should get the job. Need to be able to sound energetic and lively over the phone. Make sure to speak a lot about relevant experience that you have had that make you perfect for sales.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle (Burlington, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was annoying. First of all, I was in contact with a recruiter from Oracle, and she was very nice and even gave me feedback on how to do handle the questions in the next round. Then I was handed off to manager that interviewed me and did not even ask me any substantial questions. Then I was handed off to another manager who was very rude. She basically told me that I was not allowed to move around in the company and I was expected to stay in the position at my time at Oracle. Then I was informed that my recruiter would inform me about the next steps in the interview process. I emailed her, and contacted her through phone and she completely ignored me. You would think that a company so well known would at least act professional and say I am sorry you were not suited for the position and then call it a day.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter questions were: What is your definition of success? Why sales? How do you handle stress? How do you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

On campus recruitment interview, 30 minutes each with two sales reps. They were easy going and asked the typical interview questions, typing notes throughout the process. It wasn't all "business" in the sense that we had informal conversations and they were very helpful in answering all the questions that I had. They were honest when I asked what is the best and worst part about their job and I appreciated their patience when I froze up one time when asked a question I didn't prepare for!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a 1 on 1 interview with a sales director. Each interview lasted around 20 minutes. Asking them questions pushed it to a standard 30 minute interview. First round questions were very basic. Second round questions had more technical questions regarding sales with an inside sales rep. Final round went back to basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just be able to answer why sales and why Oracle.   Answer Question