Oracle

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university, got an interview, and and another one with senior management

Interview Question – Most of them were basic interview questions   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was two tiered. First I met with the regional sales manager who asked me standard questions about my experience and background. Moved on to more generic questions about difficult situations at workplace and how I handled it, how did you increase sales in your accounts etc. Second round was with the regional manager and his boss. I was asked to do a presentation explaining Oracle University products. It was very straight forward with few questions sprinkled in. I was told they would reach out to me but never did. I did follow up and was told the they did not get the funds for the position.

Interview Question – Most questions were very generic. Difficult question was scenario based: If a customer calls and wants to cancel a multi million order at the last second. What would u do?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – This was an informational interview over the phone, and I did not hear back after this.

Interview Question – Sell me a museum membership (I used to work at a museum).   Answer Question

Reston, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very straight forward process. Really enjoyed the 2 interviews (one in person, one by phone). Sounds like great work/life balance. Competitive salary

Interview Question – Take me through a sales pitch for a mid-size company. (What should you focus on)   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a regional manager about the position. He focused on my positive attributes (ex- no 'what is a weakness of yours' type questions). Lasted 20 minutes. Pretty relaxed and he talked more about the company and position.

Interview Question – Why did I pick my university   Answer Question

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details – Multiple rounds, phone and in person

Interview Question – What makes you successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO NEGOTIATION

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – I found the interview process at Oracle to be fairly relaxed in relation to the interviews conducted by other competitors. Going into the interview, I lacked many of the technical skills and specific work experience required for the job, so my interviewer took a holistic approach to my education and past work experience to discern that I would indeed be a good fit for the company. After one in person interview, I received my official offer of employment from Oracle.

Interview Question – I was asked about my specific knowledge of the services provided by the company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not have the option to negotiate my contract

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details – I went through the campus recruiting process. I had two interviews, one phone interview and one in-person interview at my school's career center. Both were very straightforward and all behavioral questions. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and I was asked behavioral questions based on my resume that I had submitted to them. At the end of the phone interview, they asked me right away if I'd be available for an in-person interview in the next two days. At that interview, they asked some follow-up questions to the answers I had given in the phone interview. I was given an offer on the spot.

Interview Question – There were no technical or case questions asked.   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews - 2 with other sales reps and one with my boss-to-be. overall, I thought the experience was pretty good, and I am looking forward to working there. There is definitely a bias toward action, and I got an upbeat feel about the place. Work hard, work hard and play hard.

Interview Question – Not really any one question. They wanted me to go through a role-play with them on a sales call, so I did. it didn't seem too bad; I think they liked it because it had Oracle products in it. Also, I didn't bash the competition when in my answer, which they seemed to like.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. Came back on everything - car, signing bonus, stock, etc. but they pretty much said this is it and I took it.

Very Difficult Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details – Slow and sometimes slower. It's not easy getting in, but that's a good thing.

Interview Question – You aren't what I'm looking for as I look down your resume, so how did you get on my calendar?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.