Oracle

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Met with 3 Groups on 2 different days. Oracle people are very nice, from Recruiters to managers. They managed to create a pleasant conversational environment and never put pressure on you. Very few technical questions, the process is quite smooth. They arranged lunch with two alumni, very informative and considerate. But they raise a high bar for selecting candidates for onsite. I think this is why Oracle interview is easy but still can hire talented people.

Interview Questions
    • It depends on groups that are interested in you. Some groups asks algorithm coding questions while others place more emphasis on communication and behavior. Anyway, you can assume nothing in advance, be prepared for data structure, algorithms and basic technical questions. After all, for a software engineer position, the responsibility is to write code every day.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in February 2015.

Two phone interviews and an on-site interview that was very intense. Overall the hiring process was smooth and efficient, with interviewers helping to establish a friendly but professional dialogue with the interviewee. As I said before, the on-site at HQ was intense, but I came out of it feeling great and confident in my performance.

Global Licensing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle in May 2014.

1. Email from Internal Recruiter in April 2014
    2. 1-hour interview with internal recruiter who acted very antsy that they had to get the position filled, this was in mid May 2014
    3. Did not hear anything until the beginning of June and after repeatedly emailing, I was given 1- day to be onsite. Never mind the fact I already have a full-time demanding job and cannot cancel scheduled meetings at the last minute. Finally the interview was put into place fort
    4. Phone interview set up - 30 minutes with senior manager (on the east coast) and director in san francisco. Then I was told it would be narrowed down and I would "hear back from them within a week". It has now been 8 weeks and I stopped emailing them 6 weeks ago after the director had promised I would hear something after July 4th weekend. It is now August 13th and they have disappeared.
    Not impressed and extremely disappointed with how I was been treated. I felt the job is completely what I wanted and ironically, I worked with Oracle at my previous company. If this is honestly how they treat their candidates, I will never apply again.

Interview Questions
    • mostly behavioral questions. You do not need to regurgitate your resume   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

First round interviews are basic personality/behavioral questions on resume topics and your interest in the company. The second round is more focused on your qualifications and nailing down why you would be a good candidate for Sales. You are forced to sell your self and have evidence or examples of why sales is right for you.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

I applied for the job and a couples week later the recruiter called to set up an interview, from there I spoke with the hiring manger and then the rest of the team. The process seemed a little disorganized for such a large company. Once I spoke with the recruiter, it was all in the hiring managers hands. The hiring manager was a really nice person but you could tell they were very busy and didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to the interviews. Once I interviewed with the hiring manger then they wanted me to speak to the team I would be working with. I ended up having to set up all these calls and felt like I was somewhat of a bother to these people but they were super nice once I was able to get them on the phone. All the interviews went really well. Once they were done I had to continue to do the follow-up and finally was told that they went with an internal candidate. I would never have known if I had not followed up with the hiring manger (multiple times). I was obviously bummed I did not get the job but the level of disorganization and how hard I had to work to get the interviews made me a little nervous.

Interview Questions
    • What I would do to engage the speakers with social media?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Oracle.

Learned about the position through a mutual friend. I had two interviews.Both on phone. Still waiting for the final result. First interviewer was bubbly and helpful. Second one sounds just plain tired.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in October 2013.

I was recruited through LinkedIn and on-campus recruiting at Cal. I was being interviewed for the January Sales Academy start date and the process was very fast. Attended an information session, had a 30-minute in-person interview, 20-minute phone interview, and received my offer. All within a week or so.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. Some I was simply not prepared for, such as "tell me awards you have recently won." If they like you, you'll just end up chatting.   Answer Question
    Negotiation almost impossible. The hiring process is so streamlined, almost everyone gets the same automated offer. But it's a good offer.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

I went through the campus recruiting process. I had two interviews, one phone interview and one in-person interview at my school's career center. Both were very straightforward and all behavioral questions. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and I was asked behavioral questions based on my resume that I had submitted to them. At the end of the phone interview, they asked me right away if I'd be available for an in-person interview in the next two days. At that interview, they asked some follow-up questions to the answers I had given in the phone interview. I was given an offer on the spot.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Applied for a consultant position at university. Was promptly notified and had an interview within the next three days.

Interview Questions
    • None: asked very basic questions regarding experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

First a phone chat lasts about one hour without technique question. Then a five-hour onsite interviewed with four engineerer. The onsite interviews are all about technique questions.

Interview Questions
    • Reading code about multi-thread.
      Writing code about linked list adding.

Answer Question